islam4u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
islam4u

islamic, social, cultural

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

From a seminary to the Holy Mosque

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

From a seminary to the Holy Mosque Empty
PostSubject: From a seminary to the Holy Mosque   From a seminary to the Holy Mosque EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 9:09 pm

By Saleh Fareed
Abdul Mughni plans to start an Islamic seminary to present the American people with a different picture of Islam than the distorted one presented by the media.

After 20 years of studying comparative religions, American Maurice Blaise realized finally that Islam was the only religion which made sense to him and he left closer to it than to any other religion.

As any other human being whose life was turned around by Islam, the newly named Abdul Mughni decided to convert to Islam after his arrival in Jeddah. He found what he studied back home is being applied practically here.

The story of the son of immigrant parents began when his determination to help people led him to study comparative religion and liberation theology. “I studied philosophy at college and then decided to go to a seminary to become a catholic priest,” he explained.

“My options were limited because back home in the US you are either a Jew or a Christian. I decided to go to Africa but I did not like what I was doing there. Later I left the order and was completely broke, so I went to see a Muslim friend who I met once and he asked me to call him whenever I needed help. I was really impressed by the warm reception I received from Muslims. However, our Order’s bishop knew about my relations with Muslims and asked me to leave the country.” he said.

Going back home for Abdul Mughni was unintentional. “ I went home and decided to continue studying at Princeton University. It took me three years to complete my studies, and then had to move to Florida for the sake of my family. Sadly things were not going my way. I started writing a book which I completed after 9 years with the help of mY wife. The book was rejected by some agents in New York because it was about Muslims but thanks to Allah we got offers in Los Angeles with a screenplay agreement,” he said.

Abdul Mughni’s dream came true when he was accepted for a teaching job in Saudi Arabia. “Through an advertisement I was offered a job in Saudi Arabia. I had always dreamed of coming here,” he explains.

Abdul Mughni decided to start a new life in Saudi Arabia and his family was very supportive of his decision.

“After three weeks at school in Jeddah I approached a friend and told him that I am interested in converting to Islam. He assisted me and I eargerly declared my Shahadah.”

Abdul Mughni described the first time he entered the Holy Mosque in Makkah: “ I sensed through the masses of people around me that Islam is a religion of tolerance, love and brotherhood.”

Abdul Mughni gave his family all the freedom to decide for themselves whether they wish to also convert. “After a long period of thinking and observing the Islamic culture and social traditions closely, my wife decided to embrace Islam. My 17 year old also accepted Islam as the right way. However the other 15 year-old- son is still thinking to make his decision.”

Abdul Mughni plans to start an Islamic seminary to present the American people with a different picture of Islam than the distorted one presented by the media.

(Courtesy Saudi Gazette)
Back to top Go down
https://islam4u.ahlamontada.com

Page 1 of 1