islam4u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
islam4u

islamic, social, cultural

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

General Behavior (Kitab Al-Adab) 2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

General Behavior (Kitab Al-Adab)    2 Empty
PostSubject: General Behavior (Kitab Al-Adab) 2   General Behavior (Kitab Al-Adab)    2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 9:48 am

Book 41, Number 4884:

Narrated AbuBakrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: There is no sin more fitted to have punishment meted out by Allah to its perpetrator in advance in this world along with what He stores up for him in the next world than oppression and severing ties of relationship.

Book 41, Number 4885:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Avoid envy, for envy devours good deeds just as fire devours fuel or (he said) "grass."

Book 41, Number 4886:

Narrated Anas ibn Malik:

Sahl ibn AbuUmamah said that he and his father (AbuUmamah) visited Anas ibn Malik at Medina during the time (rule) of Umar ibn AbdulAziz when he (Anas ibn Malik) was the governor of Medina. He was praying a very short prayer as if it were the prayer of a traveller or near it.

When he gave a greeting, my father said: May Allah have mercy on you! Tell me about this prayer: Is it obligatory or supererogatory?

He said: It is obligatory; it is the prayer performed by the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him). I did not make a mistake except in one thing that I forgot.

He said: The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) used to say: Do not impose austerities on yourselves so that austerities will be imposed on you, for people have imposed austerities on themselves and Allah imposed austerities on them. Their survivors are to be found in cells and monasteries. (Then he quoted:) "Monasticism, they invented it; we did not prescribe it for them."

Next day he went out in the morning and said: will you not go out for a ride, so that you may see something and take a lesson from it?

He said: Yes. Then all of them rode away and reached a land whose inhabitants had perished, passed away and died. The roofs of the town had fallen in.

He asked: Do you know this land? I said: Who acquainted me with it and its inhabitants? (Anas said:) This is the land of the people whom oppression and envy destroyed. Envy extinguishes the light of good deeds, and oppression confirms or falsifies it. The eye commits fornication, and the palm of the hand, the foot, body, tongue and private part of the body confirm it or deny it.

Book 41, Number 4888:

Narrated Samurah ibn Jundub:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Do not invoke Allah's curse, Allah's anger, or Hell.

Book 41, Number 4890:

Narrated Abdullah ibn Abbas:

A man cursed the wind. The narrator Muslim's version has: The wind snatched away a man's cloak during the time of the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and he cursed it. The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Do not curse it, for it is under command, and if anyone curses a thing undeservedly, the curse returns upon him.

Book 41, Number 4891:

Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin:

Something of her was stolen, and she began to curse him (i.e. the thief). The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said to her: Do not lessen his sin.

Book 41, Number 4894:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: It is not allowable for a believer to keep from a believer for more than three days. If three days pass, he should meet him and give him a salutation, and if he replies to it they will both have shared in the reward; but if he does not reply he will bear his sin (according to Ahmad's version) and the one who gives the salutation will have come forth from the sin of keeping apart.

Book 41, Number 4895:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: It is not right for a Muslim to keep apart from another Muslim for more than three days. Then when he meets him and gives three salutations, receiving during that time no response, the other bears his sin.

Book 41, Number 4896:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: It is not allowable for a Muslim to keep apart from his brother for more than three days, for one who does so and dies will enter Hell.

Book 41, Number 4897:

Narrated AbuKhirash as-Sulami:

AbuKhirash heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say: If one keeps apart from his brother for a year, it is like shedding his blood.

Book 41, Number 4900:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: The believer is the believer's mirror, and the believer is the believer's brother who guards him against loss and protects him when he is absent.

Book 41, Number 4901:

Narrated AbudDarda':

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Shall I not inform you of something more excellent in degree than fasting, prayer and almsgiving (sadaqah)? The people replied: Yes, Prophet of Allah! He said: It is putting things right between people, spoiling them is the shaver (destructive).

Book 41, Number 4902:

Narrated Umm Kulthum bint Uqbah al-Umawiyyah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: He who forged in order to put things right between two persons did not lie. The version by Ahmad ibn Muhammad and Musaddad has: The liar is not the one who puts things right between people, saying what is good and increasing good.

Book 41, Number 4905:

Narrated Anas ibn Malik:

When the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) came to Medina, the Abyssinians played for his coming out of joy; they played with spears.

Book 41, Number 4906:

Narrated Abdullah ibn Umar:

Nafi' said: Ibn Umar heard a pipe, put his fingers in his ears and went away from the road. He said to me: Are you hearing anything? I said: No. He said: He then took his fingers out of his ears and said: I was with the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him), and he heard like this and he did like this. AbuAli al-Lu'lu said: I heard AbuDawud say: This is a rejected tradition.

Book 41, Number 4909:

Narrated Abdullah ibn Mas'ud:

Salam ibn Miskin, quoting an old man who witnessed AbuWa'il in a wedding feast, said: They began to play, amuse and sing. He united the support of his hand round his knees that were drawn up, and said: I heard Abdullah (ibn Mas'ud) say: I heard the apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say: Singing produces hypocrisy in the heart.

Book 41, Number 4910:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

A hermaphrodite (mukhannath) who had dyed his hands and feet with henna was brought to the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him). He asked: What is the matter with this man? He was told: Apostle of Allah! he affects women's get-up. So he ordered regarding him and he was banished to an-Naqi'. The people said: Apostle of Allah! should we not kill him? He said: I have been prohibited from killing people who pray. AbuUsamah said: Naqi' is a region near Medina and not a Baqi'.

Book 41, Number 4914:

When the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) arrived after the expedition to Tabuk or Khaybar (the narrator is doubtful), the draught raised an end of a curtain which was hung in front of her store-room, revealing some dolls which belonged to her.

He asked: What is this? She replied: My dolls. Among them he saw a horse with wings made of rags, and asked: What is this I see among them? She replied: A horse. He asked: What is this that it has on it? She replied: Two wings. He asked: A horse with two wings? She replied: Have you not heard that Solomon had horses with wings? She said: Thereupon the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) laughed so heartily that I could see his molar teeth.

Book 41, Number 4915:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) married me when I was seven or six. When we came to Medina, some women came. according to Bishr's version: Umm Ruman came to me when I was swinging. They took me, made me prepared and decorated me. I was then brought to the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him), and he took up cohabitation with me when I was nine. She halted me at the door, and I burst into laughter.

Book 41, Number 4916:

Narrated AbuUsamah:

The tradition mentioned above (No. 4915) has also been transmitted by AbuUsamah in a similar manner through a different chain of narrators.

This version has: "With good fortune. " She (Umm Ruman) entrusted me to them. They washed my head and redressed me. No one came to me suddenly except the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) in the forenoon. So they entrusted me to him.

Book 41, Number 4917:

When we came to Medina, the women came to me when I was playing on the swing, and my hair were up to my ears. They brought me, prepared me, and decorated me. Then they brought me to the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) and he took up cohabitation with me, when I was nine.

Book 41, Number 4920:

Narrated AbuMusa al-Ash'ari:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: He who plays backgammon disobeys Allah and His Apostle.

Book 41, Number 4922:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) saw a man pursuing a pigeon. He said: A devil is pursuing a female devil.

Book 41, Number 4923:

Narrated Abdullah ibn Amr ibn al-'As:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: The Compassionate One has mercy on those who are merciful. If you show mercy to those who are on the earth, He Who is in the heaven will show mercy to you.

Book 41, Number 4924:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

I heard AbulQasim (peace_be_upon_him) who spoke the truth and whose word was verified say: Mercy is taken away only from him who is miserable.

Book 41, Number 4925:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Those who do not show mercy to our young ones and do not realise the right of our elders are not from us.

Book 41, Number 4927:

Narrated Jarir:

I swore allegiance to the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) promising to hear and obey, and behave sincerely towards every Muslim. AbuZur'ah said: Whenever he sold and bought anything, he would say: What we took from you is dearer to us than what we gave you. So choose (as you like).

Book 41, Number 4930:

Narrated AbudDarda':

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: On the Day of Resurrection you will be called by your names and by your father's names, so give yourselves good names.

Book 41, Number 4932:

Narrated AbuWahb al-Jushami:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Call yourselves by the names of the Prophets. The names dearest to Allah are Abdullah and AbdurRahman, the truest are Harith and Hammam, and the worst are Harb and Murrah.

Book 41, Number 4936:

Narrated Usamah ibn Akhdari:

A man called Asram was among those who came to the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him). The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: What is your name? He replied: Asram. He said: No, you are Zur'ah.

Book 41, Number 4937:

Narrated Hani ibn Yazid:

When Hani went with his people in a deputation to the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him), he heard them calling him by his kunyah (surname), AbulHakam.

So the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) called him and said: Allah is the judge (al-Hakam), and to Him judgment belongs. Why are you given the kunyah AbulHakam?

He replied: When my people disagree about a matter, they come to me, and I decide between them, and both parties are satisfied with my decision.

He said: How good this is! What children have you? He replied: I have Shurayh, Muslim and Abdullah. He asked; Who is the oldest of them? I replied: Shurayh. He said: Then you are AbuShurayh.

Book 41, Number 4938:

Narrated AbuWahb, Hazn ibn AbuWahb:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) asked: What is your name? He replied: Hazn (rugged). He said: You are Sahl (smooth). He said: No, smooth is trodden upon and disgraced. Sa'id said: I then thought that ruggedness would remain among us after it. AbuDawud said: The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) changed the names al-'As, Aziz, Atalah, Shaytan, al-Hakam, Ghurab, Hubab, and Shihab and called him Hisham. He changed the name Harb (war) and called him Silm (peace). He changed the name al-Munba'ith (one who lies) and called him al-Mudtaji' (one who stands up). He changed the name of a land Afrah (barren) and called it Khadrah (green). He changed the name Shi'b ad-Dalalah (the mountain path of a stray), the name of a mountain path and called it Shi'b al-Huda (mountain path of guidance). He changed the name Banu az-Zinyah (children of fornication) and called them Banu ar-Rushdah (children of those who are on the right path), and changed the name Banu Mughwiyah (children of a woman who allures and goes astray), and called them Banu Rushdah (children of a woman who is on the right path). AbuDawud said: I omitted the chains of these for the sake of brevity.

Book 41, Number 4939:

Narrated Umar ibn al-Khattab:

Masruq said: I met Umar ibn al-Khattab (Allah be pleased with him) who said: Who are you? I replied: Masruq ibn al-Ajda'. Umar then said: I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say: al-Ajda' (mutilated) is a devil.

Book 41, Number 4942:

Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: If I survive (God willing), I shall forbid my people to give the names Nafi' (beneficial), Aflah (successful) and Barakah (blessing). Al-A'mash said: I do not know whether he mentioned Nafi' or not. When a man comes and asks: Is there Barakah (blessing)? The people say: No.

Book 41, Number 4944:

Narrated AbuJubayrah ibn ad-Dahhak:

This verse was revealed about us, the Banu Salimah: "Nor call each other by (offensive) nicknames: ill-seeming is a name connoting wickedness (to be used of one) after he has believed." He said: When the apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) came to us, every one of us had two or three names. The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) began to say: O so and so! But they would say: Keep silence, Apostle of Allah! He becomes angry by this name. So this verse was revealed: "Nor call each other by (offensive nicknames."

Book 41, Number 4945:

Narrated Umar ibn al-Khattab:

Zayd ibn Aslam quoted his father as saying: Umar ibn al-Khattab (Allah be pleased with him) struck one of his sons who was given the kunyah AbuIsa, and al-Mughirah ibn Shu'bah had the kunyah AbuIsa. Umar said to him: Is it not sufficient for you that you are called by the kunyah AbuAbdullah? He replied: The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) gave me this kunyah. Thereupon he said: The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) was forgiven all his sins, past and those followed. But we are among the people similar to us. Henceforth he was called by the kunyah AbuAbdullah until he died.

Book 41, Number 4945a:

Narrated AbuMas'ud or Hudhayfah:

AbuMas'ud asked Abdullah, or AbuAbdullah asked AbuMas'ud: What did you hear the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say about za'amu (they alleged, asserted, or it is said). He replied: I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say: It is a bad riding-beast for a man (to say) za'amu (they asserted).

Book 41, Number 4946:

Narrated A man:

AbulMalih reported on the authority of a man: I was riding on a mount behind the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him). It stumbled. Thereupon I said: May the devil parish! He said: Do not say: May the devil perish! for if you say that , he will swell so much so that he will be like a house, and say: By my power. But say: In the name of Allah; for when you say that, he will diminish so much so that he will be like a fly.

Book 41, Number 4948:

Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: If anyone is called by my name, he must not be given my kunyah (surname), and if anyone uses my kunyah (surname), he must not be called by my name.

Book 41, Number 4949:

Narrated Ali ibn AbuTalib:

I said: Apostle of Allah! tell me if a son is born to me after your death, may I give him your name and your kunyah? He replied: Yes.

Book 41, Number 4950:

A woman came to the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) and said: Apostle of Allah! I have given birth to a boy, and call him Muhammad and AbulQasim as kunyah (surname), but I have been told that you disapproved of that. He replied: What is it which has made my name lawful and my kunyah unlawful, or what is it which has made my kunyah unlawful and my name lawful?

Book 41, Number 4952:

Aisha said: Apostle of Allah! All my fellow-wives have kunyahs? He said: Give yourself the kunyah by Abdullah, your son - that is to say, her nephew (her sister's son).

Musaddad said: Abdullah ibn az-Zubayr. She was called by the kunyah Umm Abdullah.

Book 41, Number 4953:

Narrated Sufyan ibn Asid al-Hadrami:

I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say: It is great treachery that you should tell your brother something and have him believe you when you are lying.

Book 41, Number 4957:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: None of you must say: "My slave" (abdi) and "My slave-woman" (amati), and a slave must not say: "My lord" (rabbi or rabbati). The master (of a slave) should say: "My young man" (fataya) and "My young woman" (fatati), and a slave should say "My master" (sayyidi) and "My mistress" (sayyidati), for you are all (Allah's slave and the Lord is Allah, Most High.

Book 41, Number 4959:

Narrated Buraydah ibn al-Hasib:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Do not call a hypocrite sayyid (master), for if he is a sayyid, you will displease your Lord, Most High.

Book 41, Number 4962:

Narrated Hudhayfah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Do not say: "What Allah wills and so and so wills," but say: "What Allah wills and afterwards so and so wills.

Book 41, Number 4965:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: When you hear....(Musa's version has): When a man says people have perished, he is the one who has suffered that fate most.

Book 41, Number 4967:

Narrated A man:

Salim ibn AbulJa'dah said: A man said: (Mis'ar said: I think he was from the tribe of Khuza'ah): would that I had prayed, and got comfort. The people objected to him for it. Thereupon he said: I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) as saying: O Bilal, call iqamah for prayer: give us comfort by it.

Book 41, Number 4968:

Narrated Abdullah ibn Muhammad ibn al-Hanafiyyah:

I and my father went to the house of my father-in-law from the Ansar to pay a sick visit to him. The time of prayer came. He said to someone of his relatives: O girl! bring me water for ablution so that I pray and get comfort. We objected to him for it. He said: I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say: Get up, Bilal, and give us comfort by the prayer.

Book 41, Number 4969:

I never heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) attributing anyone to anything except to religion.

Book 41, Number 4972:

Narrated Mu'awiyah ibn Jaydah al-Qushayri:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: Woe to him who tells things, speaking falsely, to make people laugh thereby. Woe to him! Woe to him!.

Book 41, Number 4973:

Narrated Abdullah ibn Amir:

My mother called me one day when the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) was sitting in our house. She said: Come here and I shall give you something. The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) asked her: What did you intend to give him? She replied: I intended to give him some dates. The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: If you were not to give him anything, a lie would be recorded against you.

Book 41, Number 4974:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: It is enough falsehood for a man to relate everything he hears.

Book 41, Number 4975:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: To harbour good thoughts is a part of well-conducted worship. (This is according to Nasr's version).

Book 41, Number 4977:

Narrated Zayd ibn Arqam:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: When a man makes a promise to his brother with the intention of fulfilling it and does not do so, and does not come at the appointed time, he is guilty of no sin.

Book 41, Number 4978:

Narrated Abdullah ibn AbulHamsa':

I bought something from the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) before he received his Prophetic commission, and as there was something still due to him I promised him that I would bring it to him at his place, but I forgot. When I remembered three days later, I went to that place and found him there. He said: You have vexed me, young man. I have been here for three days waiting for you.

Book 41, Number 4980:

Narrated Anas ibn Malik:

A man came to the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and said: Apostle of Allah! give me a mount. The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: We shall give you a she-camel's child to ride on. He said: What shall I do with a she-camel's child? The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) replied: Do any others than she-camels give birth to camels?

Book 41, Number 4981:

Narrated An-Nu'man ibn Bashir:

When AbuBakr asked the permission of the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) to come in, he heard Aisha speaking in a loud voice.

So when he entered, he caught hold of her in order to slap her, and said: Do I see you raising your voice to the Apostle of Allah? The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) began to prevent him and AbuBakr went out angry. The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said when AbuBakr went out: You see I rescued you from the man.

AbuBakr waited for some days, then asked permission of the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) to enter, and found that they had made peace with each other. He said to them: Bring me into your peace as you brought me into your war.

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: We have done so: we have done so.

Book 41, Number 4984:

Narrated Anas ibn Malik:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) addressed me as: O you with the two ears.

Book 41, Number 4985:

Narrated Abdullah ibn as-Sa'ib ibn Yazid:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: None of you should take the property of his brother in amusement (i.e. jest), nor in earnest. The narrator Sulayman said: Out of amusement and out of earnest. If anyone takes the staff of his brother, he should return it. The transmitter Ibn Bashshar did not say "Ibn Yazid, and he said: The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said.

Book 41, Number 4986:

Narrated AbdurRahman ibn AbuLayla:

The Companions of the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) told us that they were travelling with the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him). A man of them slept, and one of them went to the rope which he had with him. He took it, by which he was frightened. The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: It is not lawful for a Muslim that he frightens a Muslim.

Book 41, Number 4987:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: Allah , the Exalted, hates the eloquent one among men who moves his tongue round (among his teeth), as cattle do.

Book 41, Number 4988:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: On the Day of resurrection Allah will not accept repentance or ransom from him who learns excellence of speech to captivate thereby the hearts of men, or of people.

Book 41, Number 4990:

Narrated Amr ibn al-'As:

One day when a man got up and spoke at length Amr ibn al-'As said If he had been moderate in what he said: It would have been better for him. I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say: I think (or, I have been commanded) that I should be brief in what I say, for brevity is better.

Book 41, Number 4993:

Narrated Abdullah ibn Abbas:

A desert Arab came to the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and began to speak. Thereupon the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: In eloquence there is magic and in poetry there is wisdom.

Book 41, Number 4994:

I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say: In eloquence there is magic, in knowledge ignorance, in poetry wisdom, and in speech heaviness.

Sa'sa'ah ibn Suhan said: The Prophet of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) spoke the truth. His statement "In eloquence there is magic" means: (For example), there is a right due from a man who is more eloquent in reasoning than the man who is demanding his right. He (the defendant) charms the people by his speech and takes away his right. His statement "In knowledge there is ignorance" means: A scholar brings to his knowledge what he does not know, and thus he becomes ignorant of that. His statement "In poetry there is wisdom" means: These are the sermons and examples by which people receive admonition. His statement "In speech there is heaviness" means: That you present your speech and your talk to a man who is not capable of understanding it, and who does not want it.

Book 41, Number 4995:

Narrated Hasan:

Sa'id said: Umar passed by Hassan when he was reciting verses in the mosque. He looked at him. Thereupon he said: I used to recite verses when there was present in it the one who was better than you (i.e. the Prophet).

Book 41, Number 4997:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) used to setup a pulpit in the mosque for Hassan who would stand on it and satirise those who spoke against the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him). The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) would say: The spirit of holiness (i.e. Gabriel) is with Hassan so long as he speaks in defence of the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him).

Book 41, Number 4999:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

When the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) finished the dawn prayer, he would ask: Did any of you have a dream last night? And he said: All that is left of Prophecy after me is a good vision.

Book 41, Number 5002:

Narrated AbuRazin:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: The vision flutters over a man as long as it is not interpreted , but when it is interpreted, it settles. And I think he said: Tell it only to one who loves (i.e. friend) or one who has judgment.

Book 41, Number 5007:

Narrated Anas ibn Malik:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: One night it seemed to me in a dream that we were in the house of Uqbah ibn Rafi' and were brought some of the fresh dates of Ibn tab. I interpreted it as meaning that to us is granted eminence (rif'ah) in this world, a blessed hereafter ('aqibah), and that our religion has been good (tabah).

Book 41, Number 5011:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

When the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) sneezed, he placed his hand or a garment on his mouth, and lessened the noise. The transmitter Yahya is doubtful about the exact words khafada or ghadda (lessened).

Book 41, Number 5013:

Narrated Salim ibn Ubayd:

Hilal ibn Yasar said: We were with Salim ibn Ubayd when a man from among the people sneezed and said: Peace be upon you.

Salim said: And upon you and your mother. Later he said: Perhaps you found something (annoying) in what I said to you.

He said: I wished you would not mention my mother with good or evil. He said: I have just said to you what the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said. We were in the presence of the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) when a man from among the people sneezed, saying: Peace be upon you!

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: And upon you and your mother. He then said: When one of you sneezes, he should praise Allah. He further mentioned some attributes (of Allah), saying: The one who is with him should say to him: Allah have mercy on you, and he should reply to them: Allah forgive us and you.

Book 41, Number 5014:

Narrated Salim ibn Ubayd al-Ashja'i:

The tradition mentioned above (No. 5013) has also been mentioned by Salim ibn Ubayd al-Ashja'i to the same effect from the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) through a different chain of narrators.

Book 41, Number 5016:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

Respond three times to your brother when he sneezes, and if he sneezes more often, he has a cold in his head.

Book 41, Number 5018:

Narrated Ubayd ibn Rifa'ah az-Zuraqi:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Invoke a blessing on one who sneezes three times; (and if he sneezes more often), then if you wish to invoke a blessing on him, you may invoke, and if you wish (to stop), then stop.

Book 41, Number 5020:

Narrated AbuBurdah:

The Jews used to try to sneezes in the presence of the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) hoping that he would say to them: "Allah have mercy on you!" but he would say: May Allah guide you and grant you well-being!

Book 41, Number 5022:

Narrated Tikhfat al-Ghifari:

Ya'ish ibn Tikhfat al-Ghifari said: My father was one of the people in the Suffah.

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: Come with us to the house of Aisha. So we went and he said: Give us food, Aisha. She brought hashishah and we ate. He then said: Give us food, Aisha. She then brought haysah as small in quantity as a pigeon and we ate. He then said: Give us something to drink, Aisha. So she brought a bowl of milk, and we drank. Again he said: Give us something to drink, Aisha. She then brought a small cup and we drank. He then said: If you wish, you may spend the night (here), or if you wish, you may go to the mosque.

He said: While I was lying on my stomach because of pain in the lung, a man began to shake me with his foot and then said: This is a method of lying which Allah hates. I looked and saw that he was the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him).

Book 41, Number 5023:

Narrated Ali ibn Shayban:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: If anyone spends the night on the roof of a house with no stone palisade, Allah's responsibility to guard him no longer applies.

Book 41, Number 5024:

Narrated Mu'adh ibn Jabal:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: If a Muslim sleeps while remembering Allah, in the state of purification, is alarmed while asleep at night, and asks Allah for good in this world and in the Hereafter. He surely gives it to him. Thabit al-Bunani said: AbuZabyah came to visit us and he transmitted this tradition to us from Mu'adh ibn Jabal from the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him). Thabit said: So and so said: I tried my best to utter these (prayers) when I got up, but I could not do.

Book 41, Number 5026:

Narrated Umm Salamah, Ummul Mu'minin:

Some relative of Umm Salamah said: The bed of the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) was set as a man is laid in his grave; the mosque was towards his head.

Book 41, Number 5027:

Narrated Hafsah, Ummul Mu'minin:

When the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) wanted to go to sleep, he put his right hand under his cheek and would then say three times: O Allah, guard me from Thy punishment on the day when Thou raisest up Thy servants.

Book 41, Number 5034:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) used to say when he lay down: O Allah, I seek refuge in Thy noble Person and in Thy perfect Words from the evil of what Thou seizest by its forelock; O Allah! Thou removest debt and sin; O Allah! thy troop's not routed, Thy promise is not broken and the riches of the rich do not avail against Thee. Glory and praise be unto Thee!.

Book 41, Number 5036:

Narrated AbulAzhar al-Anmari:

When the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) went to his bed at night, he would say: in the name of Allah, I have laid down my side for Allah. O Allah! forgive me my sin, drive away my devil, free me from my responsibility, and place me in the highest assembly.

Book 41, Number 5037:

Narrated Nawfal:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said to Nawfal: Say , O infidels! and then sleep at its end, for it is a declaration of freedom from polytheism.

Book 41, Number 5039:

Narrated Irbad ibn Sariyah:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) used to recite al-Musabbihat before going to sleep, and say: They contain a verse which is better than a thousand verses.

Book 41, Number 5040:

Narrated Abdullah ibn Umar:

When the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) went to his bed, he would say: Praise be to Allah Who has given me sufficiency, has guarded me, given me food and drink, been most gracious to me, and given to me most lavishly. Praise be to Allah in every circumstance. O Allah! Lord and King of everything, God of everything, I seek refuge in Thee from Hell.

Book 41, Number 5041:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: If anyone lies on his side where he does not remember Allah, deprivation will descend on him on the Day of Resurrection; and if anyone sits in a place where he does not remember Allah, deprivation will descend on him on the Day of Resurrection.

Book 41, Number 5043:

When the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) awake at night, he said: There is no god but thou, glory be to Thee, O Allah, I ask Thy pardon for my sin and I ask Thee for Thy mercy. O Allah! advance me in knowledge: do not cause my heart to deviate (from guidance) after Thou hast guided me, and grant me mercy from thyself; verily thou art the grantor.

Book 41, Number 5046:

The tradition (No 5045, about Tasbih Fatimah) has been transmitted by Ali to the same effect through a different chain of narrators.

This version adds: Ali said: I did not leave them (Tasbih Fatimah) since I heard them from the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) except on the night of Siffin, for I remembered them towards the end of the night and then I uttered them.

Book 41, Number 5047:

Narrated Abdullah ibn Amr:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: There are two qualities or characteristics which will not be returned by any Muslim without his entering Paradise. While they are easy, those who act upon them are few. One should say: "Glory be to Allah" ten times after every prayer, "Praise be to Allah" ten times and "Allah is Most Great" ten times. That is a hundred and fifty on the tongue, but one thousand and five hundred on the scale. When he goes to bed, he should say: "Allah is Most Great" thirty-four times, "Praise be to Allah" thirty-three times, and Glory be to Allah thirty-three times, for that is a hundred on the tongue and a thousand on the scale. (He said:) I saw the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) counting them on his hand.

The people asked: Apostle of Allah! How is it that while they are easy, those who act upon them are few?

He replied: The Devil comes to one of you when he goes to bed and he makes him sleep, before he utters them, and he comes to him while he is engaged in prayer and calls a need to his mind before he utters them.

Book 41, Number 5049:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

AbuBakr as-Siddiq said: Apostle of Allah! command me something to say in the morning and in the evening. He said: Say "O Allah, Creator of the heavens and the earth, Who knowest the unseen and the seen, Lord and Possessor of everything. I testify that there is no god but Thee; I seek refuge in Thee from the evil within myself, from the evil of the devil, and his (incitement to) attributing partners (to Allah)." He said: Say this in the morning.

Book 41, Number 5050:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) used to say in the morning: "O Allah, by Thee we come to the morning, by Thee we come to the evening, by Thee are we resurrected." In the evening he would say: "O Allah, by Thee we come to the evening, by Thee we die, and to Thee are we resurrected."

Book 41, Number 5051:

Narrated Anas ibn Malik:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: If anyone says in the morning or in the evening: "O Allah! in the morning we call Thee, the bearers of Thy Throne, Thy angels and all Thy creatures to witness that thou art Allah (God) than Whom alone there is no god, and that Muhammad is Thy Servant and Apostle," Allah will emancipate his fourth from Hell; if anyone says twice, Allah will emancipate his half; if anyone says it thrice, Allah will emancipate three-fourth; and if he says four times, Allah will emancipate him from Hell.

Book 41, Number 5052:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: If anyone says in the morning or in the evening: "O Allah! Thou art my Lord; there is no god but Thee, Thou hast created me, and I am Thy servant and hold to Thy covenant and promise as much as I can; I seek refuge in Thee from the evil of what I have done: I acknowledge Thy favour to me, and I acknowledge my sin; pardon me, for none but Thee pardons sins, and dies during the daytime or during the night." he will go to Paradise.

Book 41, Number 5054:

Narrated A man:

AbuSallam told that he was in the mosque of Hims. A man passed him and the people said about him that he served the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him).

He (AbuSallam) went to him and said: Tell me any tradition which you heard from the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) and there were no man between him and you. He said: I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say: If anyone says in the morning and in the evening: "I am pleased with Allah as Lord, with Islam as religion, with Muhammad as Prophet," Allah will certainly please him.

Book 41, Number 5055:

Narrated Abdullah ibn Ghannam:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: If anyone says in the morning: "O Allah! whatever favour has come to me, it comes from Thee alone Who has no partner; to Thee praise is due and thanksgiving,'! he will have expressed full thanksgiving for the day; and if anyone says the same in the evening, he will have expressed full thanksgiving for the night
Back to top Go down
https://islam4u.ahlamontada.com

General Behavior (Kitab Al-Adab) 2
Page 1 of 1