islam4u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
islam4u

islamic, social, cultural

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Prayer (Kitab Al-Salat): Details of Commencing Prayer 2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Prayer (Kitab Al-Salat): Details of Commencing Prayer    2 Empty
PostSubject: Prayer (Kitab Al-Salat): Details of Commencing Prayer 2   Prayer (Kitab Al-Salat): Details of Commencing Prayer    2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 10:02 am

Book 3, Number 0992:

Narrated Wa'il ibn Hujr:

I offered prayer along with the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him). He would give the salutation to his right side (saying): Peace be upon you and mercy of Allah; and to his left side (saying): Peace be upon you and mercy of Allah.

Book 3, Number 0996:

Narrated Samurah ibn Jundub:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) commanded us to respond to the salutation of the imam. and to love each other, and to salute each other.

Book 3, Number 0999:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Shortening the salutation is sunnah (commendable).

Book 3, Number 1001:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Cannot any one of you (according to the version of the narrator AbdulWarith) step forward or backward or at his right or left. The version of Hammad added: during prayer; that is, in supererogatory prayer.

Book 3, Number 1002:

Narrated Al-Azraq ibn Qays:

An imam of ours, whose kunyah (surname) was AbuRimthah, led us in prayer and said: I prayed this prayer, or one like it, with the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him). AbuBakr and Umar were standing in the front row on his right and there was a man who had been present at the first takbir in the prayer. The Prophet of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) offered the prayer, then gave the salutation to his right and his left so that we saw the whiteness of his cheeks, then turned away as AbuRimthah (meaning himself) had done.

The man who has been present with him at the first takbir in the prayer then got up to pray another prayer, whereupon Umar leaped up and, seizing him by the shoulders, shook him and said: Sit down, for the People of the Book perished for no other reason than that there was no interval between their prayers.

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) raised his eyes and said: Allah has made you say what is right, son of al-Khattab.

Book 3, Number 1010:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

When the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) finished two rak'ahs of an obligatory prayer, a man asked him: Apostle of Allah, has the prayer been shortened, or have you forgotten? he replied: I did not do all that. The people said: Apostle of Allah, you did that. Therefore, he offered another two rak'ahs or prayer and did not make two prostrations due to forgetfulness.

Book 3, Number 1015:

Narrated Abdullah ibn Mas'ud:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) offered prayer. The version of the narrator Ibrahim goes: I do not know whether he increased or decreased (the rak'ahs of prayer).

When he gave the salutation, he was asked: Has something new happened in the prayer, Apostle of Allah? He said: What is it? They said: You prayed so many and so many (rak'ahs). He then relented his foot and faced the Qiblah and made two prostrations. He then gave the salutation. When he turned away (finished the prayer), he turned his face to us and said: Had anything new happened in prayer, I would have informed you. I am only a human being and I forget just as you do; so when I forget, remind me, and when any of you is in doubt about his prayer he should aim at what is correct, and complete his prayer in that respect, then give the salutation and afterwards made two prostrations.

Book 3, Number 1018:

Narrated Mu'awiyah ibn Khudayj:

One day the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) prayed and gave the salutation while a rak'ah of the prayer remained to be offered. A man went to him and said: You forgot to offer one rak'ah of prayer. Then he returned and entered the mosque and ordered Bilal (to utter the Iqamah). He uttered the Iqamah for prayer. He then led the people in one rak'ah of prayer. I stated it to the people. They asked me: Do you know who he was? I said: No, but I can recognise him if I see him. Then the man passed by me, I said: It is he. The people said: This is Talhah ibn Ubaydullah.

Book 3, Number 1020:

Narrated Abdullah ibn Abbas:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) named the two prostrations of forgetfulness disgraceful for the devil.

Book 3, Number 1021:

Narrated Ata' ibn Yasar:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: When one of you is in doubt about his prayer, and does not know how much he has prayed, three or four rak'ahs, he should pray one (additional) rak'ah and make two prostrations while sitting before giving the salutation. If the (additional) rak'ah which he prayed is the fifth one, he will make it an even number by these two prostrations. If it is the fourth one, the two prostrations will be a disgrace for the devil.

Book 3, Number 1022:

Narrated Ata' ibn Yasar:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: If one of you is in doubt about his prayer, and if he is sure that he has prayed three rak'ahs, he should stand and complete one rak'ah along with its prostrations. Then he should sit and recite the tashahhud. When he finishes the prayer, and there remains nothing except salutation, he should make two prostrations while he is sitting and afterwards should give the salutation.

Book 3, Number 1023:

AbuUbaydah reported, on the authority of his father Abdullah (ibn Mas'ud), the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) as saying: When you offer the prayer, and you are in doubt about the number of rak'ahs whether offered three or four, and you have prayed four rak'ahs in all probability in your opinion, you should recite tashahhud and make two prostrations while you are sitting before giving the salutation. afterwards you should recite the tashahhud and give the salutation again.

Book 3, Number 1024:

Narrated AbuSa'id al-Khudri:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: When one of you prays, and he does not know whether he prayed more or less rak'ahs (than those prescribed by the Shari'ah), he should perform two prostrations while he is sitting. If the devil comes to him, and tells him (suggests him): "You have been defiled," he should say: "You have told a lie," except that he feels smell with his nose, or sound with his ears (then his ablution will break). These are the wording; of the tradition reported by Aban.

Book 3, Number 1028:

Narrated Abdullah ibn Ja'far:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Anyone who is in doubt in his prayer should make two prostrations after giving the salutation.

Book 3, Number 1029:

Narrated Abdullah ibn Buhaynah:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) led us in prayer praying two rak'ahs. When he stood up and did not sit (at the end of two rak'ahs) the people stood up along with him. When he finished the prayer and we expect him to give the salutation, he said: "Allah is most great." While sitting and made two prostrations before giving the salutation. Then he gave it.

Book 3, Number 1031:

Narrated Al-Mughirah ibn Shu'bah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: When an imam stands up at the end of two rak'ahs , if he remembers before standing straight up, he should sit down, but if he stands straight up, he must not sit down, but perform the two prostrations of forgetfulness.

Book 3, Number 1032:

Narrated Al-Mughirah ibn Shu'bah:

Ziyad ibn Ilaqah said: Al-Mughirah ibn Shu'bah led us in prayer and he stood up at the end of two rak'ahs. We said: Glory be to Allah; he also said: Glory be to Allah, and he proceeded. When he finished the prayer and gave the salutation, he made two prostrations of forgetfulness. When he turned (to us) he said: I saw the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) doing so as I did.

Book 3, Number 1033:

Narrated Thawban:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: For each forgetfulness there are two prostrations after giving the salutation.

No one except Amr (ibn Uthman) mentioned the words "from his father" (in the chain AbdurRahman ibn Jubayr ibn Nufayr from Thawban).

Book 3, Number 1034:

Narrated Imran ibn Husayn:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) led them in prayer and forgot something, so he made prostrations and uttered the tashahhud, then gave the salutation.

Book 3, Number 1036:

Narrated Hulb (Yazid) at-Ta'i:

Hulb prayed along with the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him). He used to turn to both his sides (sometimes to the left and sometimes to the right).

Book 3, Number 1039:

Narrated Zayd ibn Thabit:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: The prayer a man offers in his house is more excellent than his prayer in this mosque of mine except obligatory prayer.

Book 3, Number 1041:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: The best day on which the sun has risen is Friday; on it Adam was created, on it he was expelled (from Paradise), on it his contrition was accepted, on it he died, and on it the Last Hour will take place. On Friday every beast is on the lookout from dawn to sunrise in fear of the Last Hour, but not jinn and men, and it contains a time at which no Muslim prays and asks anything from Allah but He will give it to him. Ka'b said: That is one day every year. So I said: It is on every Friday. Ka'b read the Torah and said: The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) has spoken the truth. AbuHurayrah said: I met Abdullah ibn Salam and told him of my meeting with Ka'b. Abdullah ibn Salam said: I know what time it is. AbuHurayrah said: I asked him to tell me about it. Abdullah ibn Salam said: It is at the very end of Friday. I asked: How can it be when the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) has said: "No Muslim finds it while he is praying...." and this is the moment when no prayer is offered. Abdullah ibn Salam said: Has the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) not said: "If anyone is seated waiting for the prayer, he is engaged in the prayer until he observes it." I said: Yes, it is so.

Book 3, Number 1042:

Narrated Aws ibn Aws:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Among the most excellent of your days is Friday; on it Adam was created, on it he died, on it the last trumpet will be blown, and on it the shout will be made, so invoke more blessings on me that day, for your blessings will be submitted to me. The people asked: Apostle of Allah, how can it be that our blessings will be submitted to you while your body is decayed? He replied: Allah, the Exalted, has prohibited the earth from consuming the bodies of Prophets.

Book 3, Number 1043:

Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Friday is divided into twelve hours. Amongst them there is an hour in which a Muslim does not ask Allah for anything but He gives it to him. So seek it in the last hour after the afternoon prayer.

Book 3, Number 1046:

Narrated Ali ibn AbuTalib:

Ali said on the pulpit in the mosque of Kufah: When Friday comes, the devils go to the markets with their flags, and involve people in their needs and prevent them from the Friday prayer. The angels come early in the morning, sit at the door of the mosque, and record that so-and-so came at the first hour, and so-and-so came at the second hour until the imam comes out (for preaching).

When a man sits in a place where he can listen (to the sermon) and look (at the imam), where he remains silent and does not interrupt, he will receive a double reward. If he stays away, sits in a place where he cannot listen (to the sermon), silent, and does not interrupt, he will receive the reward only once. If he sits in a place where he can listen (to the sermon) and look (at the imam), and he does not remain silent, he will have the burden of it. If anyone says to his companion sitting besides him to be silent (while the imam is preaching), he is guilty of idle talk. Anyone who interrupts (during the sermon) will receive nothing (no reward) on that Friday.

Then he (the narrator) says in the end of this tradition: I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say so.

Book 3, Number 1047:

Narrated Al-Ja'd ad-Damri:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: He who leaves the Friday prayer (continuously) for three Friday on account of slackness, Allah will print a stamp on his heart.

Book 3, Number 1048:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: If anyone omits the Friday prayer without excuse, he must give a dinar in alms, or if he does not have as much, then half a dinar.

Book 3, Number 1049:

Narrated Qudamah ibn Wabirah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: If anyone omits the Friday prayer without excuse, he must give one dirham or half a dirham, or one sa' or half a sa' of wheat, in alms.

Book 3, Number 1051:

Narrated Abdullah ibn Amr:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: The Friday prayer is obligatory on him who hears the call.

Book 3, Number 1052:

Narrated Usamah ibn Umayr al-Huzali:

The rain was falling on the day when the Battle of Hunayn took place. The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him), therefore, commanded that the people should offer their prayer in their camps.

Book 3, Number 1054:

Narrated Usamah ibn Umayr al-Huzali:

Usamah attended the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) on the occasion of the treaty of al-Hudaybiyyah on Friday. The rain fell as little as the soles of the shoes of the people were not set. He (the Prophet) commanded them to offer Friday prayer in their dwellings.

Book 3, Number 1056:

Narrated Abdullah ibn Umar:

Nafi' reported: Ibn Umar made the call to prayer at Dajnan (a place between Mecca and Medina). Then he announced: "Offer prayer in your dwellings:" He then narrated a tradition from the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him). He used to command an announcer who made the call to prayer. He then announced: "Pray in your dwellings" on a cold or rainy night during journey.

Book 3, Number 1057:

Nafi' said: Ibn Umar made the call to prayer at Dajnan (a place between Mecca and Medina), on a cold and windy night. He added the words at the end of the call: "Lo! pray in your dwellings. Lo! pray in the dwellings." He then said: The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) used to command the mu'adhdhin to announce, "Lo! pray in your dwellings." on a cold or rainy night during journey.

Book 3, Number 1062:

Narrated Tariq ibn Shihab:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: The Friday prayer in congregation is a necessary duty for every Muslim, with four exceptions; a slave, a woman, a boy, and a sick person.

Book 3, Number 1064:

Narrated Ka'b ibn Malik:

AbdurRahman ibn Ka'b ibn Malik said: When Ka'b ibn Malik heard the call to prayer on Friday, he prayed for As'ad ibn Zurarah. I asked him: What is the matter that when you hear the call to prayer, you pray for As'ad ibn Zurarah? He replied: This is because he held the Friday prayer for the first time for us at Hazm an-Nabit of Harrah belonging to Banu Bayadah in Naqi', called Naqi' al-Khadumat.

Book 3, Number 1065:

Narrated Zayd ibn Arqam:

Ilyas ibn AbuRamlah ash-Shami said: I witnessed Mu'awiyah ibn AbuSufyan asking Zayd ibn Arqam: Did you offer along with the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) the Friday and 'Id prayers synchronised on the same day? He said: Yes. He asked: How did he do? He replied: He offered the 'Id prayer, then granted concession to offer the Friday prayer, and said: If anyone wants to offer it, he may offer.

Book 3, Number 1066:

Ata' ibn AbuRabah said: Ibn az-Zubayr led us in the 'Id prayer on Friday early in the morning. When we went to offer the Friday, he did not come out to us. So we prayed ourselves alone. At that time Ibn Abbas was present in at-Ta'if. When he came to us, we mentioned this (incident) to him. He said: He followed the sunnah.

Book 3, Number 1068:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Two festivals ('Id and Friday) have synchronised on this day. If anyone does not want to offer the Friday prayer, the 'Id prayer is sufficient for him. But we shall offer the Friday prayer.

Book 3, Number 1073:

Narrated Muhammad ibn Yahya ibn Habban:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: What is the harm if any of you has two garments, if he can provide them, for Friday (prayer) in addition to the two garments for his daily work? Amr reported from Ibn Habib from Musa ibn Sa'd from Ibn Habban from Ibn Salam who heard this (tradition) from the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) on the pulpit.

Book 3, Number 1074:

Narrated Abdullah ibn Amr ibn al-'As:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) prohibited buying and selling in the mosque, announcing aloud about a lost thing, the recitation of a poem in it, and prohibited sitting in a circle (in the mosque) on Friday before the prayer.

Book 3, Number 1078:

Narrated AbuQatadah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) disapproved of the offering of prayer at the meridian except on Friday. The Hell-fire is kindled except on Friday.

Book 3, Number 1091:

Narrated al-Hakam ibn Hazn al-Kulafi:

Shu'ayb ibn Zurayq at-Ta'ifi said: I sat with a man who had been in the company of the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him). He was called al-Hakam ibn Hazn al-Kulafi. He began to narrate a tradition to us saying: I came to the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) in a delegation consisting of seven or nine persons. We entered upon him and said: Apostle of Allah, we have visited you, so pray Allah what is good for us. He ordered to give us some dates. The Muslims in those days were weak. We stayed there for several days and offered the Friday prayer along with the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him). He stood leaning on a staff or a bow. He praised Allah and exalted Him in light, pure and blessed words. Then he said: O people, you have no power to obey or you cannot obey what you are ordered. But be straight and give good tidings.

Book 3, Number 1092:

When the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) addressed, he would say: Praise be to Allah, from Whom we seek help and pardon,and we seek refuge in Allah from the evils of our souls. He whom Allah guide has no one who can lead him astray, and he whom He leads astray has no one to guide him. And I bear witness that there is no god but Allah, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and apostle. He sent him before the coming of the last hour with truth giving good tidings and warning. He who obeys Allah and His Apostle follows the right path; and he who disobeys them shall harm none except himself, and he will not harm Allah in the least.

Book 3, Number 1093:

Narrated Ibn Shihab:

Yunus asked Ibn Shihab about the address of the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) on Friday. He mentioned it in like manner. He added: Anyone who disobeys them (Allah and His Apostle) goes astray. We beseech Allah, our Lord, to make us from those who obey Him and obey His Apostle, and follow what He likes, and abstain from His anger; we are due to Him and we belong to Him.

Book 3, Number 1100:

Narrated Sahl ibn Sa'd:

I never saw the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) raising his hands and praying on the pulpit or otherwise. But I saw him saying (doing) this way, and he would point with his forefinger making a circle by joining the middle finger with his thumb.

Book 3, Number 1101:

Narrated Ammar ibn Yasir:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) commanded us to shorten the speeches.

Book 3, Number 1102:

Narrated Jabir ibn Samurah as-Suwa'i:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) would not lengthen the sermon on Friday. He would say a few words.

Book 3, Number 1103:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Attend the sermon (on Friday) and sit near the imam, for a man keeps himself away until he will be left behind at the time of entering Paradise though he enters it.

Book 3, Number 1104:

Narrated Buraydah ibn al-Hasib:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) delivered a speech to us; meanwhile al-Hasan and al-Husayn came upon there stumbling, wearing red shirts. He came down from the pulpit, took them and ascended it with them. He then said: Allah truly said: "Your property and your children are only trial" (Ixiv.15). I saw both of them, and I could not wait. Afterwards he resumed the speech.

Book 3, Number 1105:

Narrated Anas ibn Malik:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) prohibited to sit on hips by erecting feet, sticking them to the stomach and holding them with hands on Friday while the imam is delivering the sermon.

Book 3, Number 1108:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Three types of people attend Friday prayer; One is present in a frivolous way and that is all he gets from it; another comes with a supplication, Allah may grant or refuse his request as He wishes; another is present silently and quietly with-out stepping over a Muslim or annoying anyone, and that is an atonement for his sins till the next Friday and three days more, the reason being that Allah, the Exalted, says: "He who does a good deed will have ten times as much" (vi.160).

Book 3, Number 1109:

Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: When one of you becomes defiled during prayer, he should hold his nose and then turn away.

Book 3, Number 1114:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: When any of you dozes in the mosque (on Friday), he should change his place.

Book 3, Number 1115:

Narrated Anas ibn Malik:

I saw the Apostle (peace_be_upon_him) would descend from the pulpit and a man stop him for his need. He would remain standing with him until his need was fulfilled. Then he would stand and pray.

Book 3, Number 1120:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) used to recite in the Friday prayer: "Glorify the name of your most high Lord" (Surah 87) and Has the story of the overwhelming event reached you? (Surah 88).

Book 3, Number 1123:

Nafi' said: Ibn Umar used to lengthen his prayer before the Friday prayer and would offer two rak'ahs after it in his house. He used to say that the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) would do that.

Book 3, Number 1127:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) used to pray two rak'ahs in his house after the Friday prayer.

Book 3, Number 1128:

Ibn Jurayj said: Ata' told me that he saw Ibn Umar pray after the Friday prayer. He moved a little from the place where he offered the Friday prayer. Then he would pray two rak'ahs. He then walked far away from that place and would offer four rak'ahs. I asked Ata': How many times did you see Ibn Umar do that? He replied: Many times. AbuDawud said: This has been narrated by AbdulMalik ibn AbuSulayman, but did not narrate it completely.

Book 3, Number 1130:

Narrated Anas ibn Malik:

When the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) came to Medina, the people had two days on which they engaged in games. He asked: What are these two days (what is the significance)? They said: We used to engage ourselves on them in the pre-Islamic period. The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: Allah has substituted for them something better than them, the day of sacrifice and the day of the breaking of the fast.

Book 3, Number 1131:

Narrated Abdullah ibn Busr:

Yazid ibn Khumayr ar-Rahbi said: Abdullah ibn Busr, the Companion of the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) came out along with the people on the day of the breaking of the fast or on the day of sacrifice (to offer the prayer). He disliked the delay of the imam, and said: We would finish (our 'Id prayer) at this moment, that is, at the time of forenoon.

Book 3, Number 1137:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) stood on the day of the breaking of the fast ('Id) and offered prayer. He began the prayer before the sermon. He then addressed the people. When the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) finished the sermon, he descended (from the pulpit) and went to women. He gave them an exhortation while he was leaning on the hand of Bilal. Bilal was spreading his garment in which women were putting alms; some women put their rings and others other things.

Book 3, Number 1138:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) came out on 'Id (the festival day). He first offered the prayer and then delivered the sermon . He then went to women, taking Bilal with him. The narrator Ibn Kathir said: The probable opinion of Shu'bah is that he commanded them to give alms. So they began to put (their jewellery).

Book 3, Number 1143:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) offered the 'Id prayer without the adhan and the iqamah. AbuBakr and Umar or Uthman also did so. The narrator Yahya is doubtful about Uthman.

Book 3, Number 1145:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) would say the takbir (Allah is most great) seven times in the first rak'ah and five times in the second rak'ah on the day of the breaking of the fast and on the day of sacrifice (on the occasion of both the 'Id prayers, the two festivals).

Book 3, Number 1148:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) used to say on the day of the breaking of the fast seven takbirs in the first rak'ah and then recite the Qur'an, and utter the takbir (Allah is most great). Then he would stand, and utter the takbir four times. Thereafter he would recite the Qur'an and bow.

Book 3, Number 1151:

Narrated Abdullah ibn as-Sa'ib:

I attended the 'Id prayer along with the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him). When he finished the prayer, he said: We shall deliver the sermon; he who likes to sit for listening to it may sit and he who likes to go away may go away.

Book 3, Number 1152:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) went out by one road on the day of the 'Id (festival) and returned by another.

Book 3, Number 1153:

Narrated AbuUmayr ibn Anas:

AbuUmayr reported on the authority of some of his paternal uncles who were Companions of the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him): Some men came riding to the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and testified that they had sighted the new moon the previous day. He (the Holy Prophet), therefore, commanded the people to break the fast and to go out to their place of prayer in the morning.

Book 3, Number 1154:

Narrated Bakr ibn Mubashshir al-Ansari:

I used to go to the place of prayer on the day of the breaking of the fast, and on the day of sacrifice along with the Companions of the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him). We would walk through a valley known as Batn Bathan till we came to the place of prayer. Then we would pray along with the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) and return through Batn Bathan to our house.

Book 3, Number 1156:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The rain fell on the day of 'Id (festival) , so the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) led them (the people) in the 'Id prayer in the mosque.

Book 3, Number 1163:

Ishaq ibn Abdullah ibn Kinanah reported: Al-Walid ibn Utbah or (according to the version of Uthman) al-Walid ibn Uqbah, the then governor of Medina, sent me to Ibn Abbas to ask him about the prayer for rain offered by the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him). He said: The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) went out wearing old clothes in a humble and lowly manner until he reached the place of prayer. He then ascended the pulpit, but he did not deliver the sermon as you deliver (usually). He remained engaged in making supplication, showing humbleness (to Allah) and uttering the takbir (Allah is most great). He then offered two rak'ahs of prayer as done on the 'Id (festival).

Book 3, Number 1164:

Narrated Umayr, the client of AbulLahm:

Umayr saw the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) praying for rain at Ahjar az-Zayt near az-Zawra', standing, making supplication, praying for rain and raising his hands in front of his face, but not lifting them above his head.

Book 3, Number 1165:

The people came to the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) weeping (due to drought). He said (making supplication): O Allah! give us rain which will replenish us, abundant, fertilising and profitable, not injurious, granting it now without delay. He (the narrator) said: Thereupon the sky became overcast.

Book 3, Number 1169:

The people complained to the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) of the lack of rain, so he gave an order for a pulpit. It was then set up for him in the place of prayer. He fixed a day for the people on which they should come out.

Aisha said: The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him), when the rim of the sun appeared, sat down on the pulpit, and having pronounced the greatness of Allah and expressed His praise, he said: You have complained of drought in your homes, and of the delay in receiving rain at the beginning of its season. Allah has ordered you to supplicate Him has and promised that He will answer your prayer.

Then he said: Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the Universe, the Compassionate, the Merciful, the Master of the Day of Judgment. There is no god but Allah Who does what He wishes. O Allah, Thou art Allah, there is no deity but Thou, the Rich, while we are the poor. Send down the rain upon us and make what Thou sendest down a strength and satisfaction for a time.

He then raised his hands, and kept raising them till the whiteness under his armpits was visible. He then turned his back to the people and inverted or turned round his cloak while keeping his hands aloft. He then faced the people, descended and prayed two rak'ahs.

Allah then produced a cloud, and the storm of thunder and lightning came on. Then the rain fell by Allah's permission, and before he reached his mosque streams were flowing. When he saw the speed with which the people were seeking shelter, he (peace_be_upon_him) laughed till his back teeth were visible.

Then he said: I testify that Allah is Omnipotent and that I am Allah's servant and apostle.

Book 3, Number 1170:

Narrated Anas ibn Malik:

The people of Medina had a drought during the time of the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him).

While he was preaching on a Friday, a man stood up and said: Apostle of Allah, the horses have perished, the goats have perished, pray to Allah to give us water. He spread his hands and prayed.

Anas said: The sky was like a mirror (there was no cloud). Then the wind rose; a cloud appeared (in the sky) and it spread : the sky poured down the water. We came out (from the mosque after the prayer) passing through the water till we reached our homes. The rain continued till the following Friday. The same or some other person stood up and said: Apostle of Allah, the houses have been demolished, pray to Allah to stop it.

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) smiled and said: (O Allah), the rain may fall around us but not upon us. Then I looked at the cloud which dispersed around Medina just like a crown.

Book 3, Number 1172:

When the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) prayed for rain, he said: O Allah! Provide water for Thy servants and Thy cattle, display Thy mercy and give life to Thy dead land.

Book 3, Number 1180:

When, a boy from the Ansar and I were shooting (arrows) towards two of our targets, the sun was sighted by the people at the height of two or three lances above the horizon. It became black like the black herb called tannumah.

One of us said to his companion: Let us go to the mosque; by Allah, this incident of the sun will surely bring something new in the community of the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him).

As we reached it, we suddenly saw that he (the Prophet) had already come out (of his house). He stepped forward for a long time as much as he could do so in the prayer. But we did not hear his voice. He then performed a bowing and prolonged it as much as he could do in the prayer. But we did not hear his voice. He then prostrated himself with us and prolonged it which he never did in the prayer before. But we did not hear his voice. He then did similarly in the second rak'ah. The sun became bright when he sat after the second rak'ah. Then he uttered the salutation. He then stood up, praised Allah, and extolled Him, and testified that there was no god but Allah and testified that he was His servant and apostle. Ahmad ibn Yunus then narrated the address of the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him).

Book 3, Number 1181:

Narrated Qabisah al-Hilali:

There was an eclipse of the sun in the time of the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him). He came out bewildered pulling his garment, and I was in his company at Medina. He prayed two rak'ahs and stood for a long time in them. He then departed and the sun became bright. He then said: There are the signs by means of which Allah, the Exalted, produces dread (in His servants). When you see anything of this nature, then pray as you are praying a fresh obligatory prayer.

Book 3, Number 1189:

Narrated An-Nu'man ibn Bashir:

There was an eclipse of the sun in the time of the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him). He began to pray a series of pairs of rak'ahs enquiring about the sun (at the end of them) till it became clear.

Book 3, Number 1190:

There was an eclipse of the sun in the time of the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him). The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) stood up and he was not going to perform bowing till he bowed; and he was not going to raise his head till he raised (after bowing); and he was not going to prostrate himself till he prostrated himself; and he was not going to raise his head till he raised (at the end of prostration); he did similarly in the second rak'ah, he then puffed in the last prostration saying; Fie, Fie! He then said: My Lord, didst Thou not promise me that Thou wouldst not punish them so long as I will remain among them? Didst Thou not promise me that Thou will not punish them so long as they continue to beg pardon of Thee. The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) finished the prayer, and the sun was clear. The narrator then narrated the tradition (in full).

Book 3, Number 1192:

Narrated Anas ibn Malik:

Ubaydullah ibn an-Nadr reported on the authority of his father: Darkness prevailed in the time of Anas ibn Malik, I came to Anas and said (to him): AbuHamzah, did anything like this happen to you in the time of the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him)? He replied: Take refuge in Allah. If the wind blew violently, we would run quickly towards the mosque for fear of the coming of the Day of Judgment.

Book 3, Number 1193:

Narrated Ibn Abbas:

Ikrimah said: Ibn Abbas was informed that so-and-so, a certain wife of the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him), had died. He fell down prostrating himself. He was questioned: Why do you prostrate yourself this moment? He said: The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: When you see a portent (an accident), prostrate yourselves. And which portent (accident) can be greater than the death of a wife of the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him).

Back to top Go down
https://islam4u.ahlamontada.com

Prayer (Kitab Al-Salat): Details of Commencing Prayer 2
Page 1 of 1