islam4u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
islam4u

islamic, social, cultural

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Book of Faith (Kitab Al-Iman) 3

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

The Book of Faith (Kitab Al-Iman)    3 Empty
PostSubject: The Book of Faith (Kitab Al-Iman) 3   The Book of Faith (Kitab Al-Iman)    3 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 10:06 am

Book 001, Number 0142:

It is narrated on the authority of 'Abdullah b. Umar that the Messenger of Allah observed: O womenfolk, you should give charity and ask much forgiveness for I saw you in bulk amongst the dwellers of Hell. A wise lady among them said: Why is it, Messenger of Allah, that our folk is in bulk in Hell? Upon this the Holy Prophet observed: You curse too much and are ungrateful to your spouses. I have seen none lacking in common sense and failing in religion but (at the same time) robbing the wisdom of the wise, besides you. Upon this the woman remarked: What is wrong with our common sense and with religion? He (the Holy Prophet) observed: Your lack of common sense (can be well judged from the fact) that the evidence of two women is equal to one man, that is a proof of the lack of common sense, and you spend some nights (and days) in which you do not offer prayer and in the month of Ramadan (during the days) you do not observe fast, that is a failing in religion. This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Abu Tahir with this chain of transmitters.

Book 001, Number 0143:

A hadith like this as narrated by Ibn 'Umar has also been transmitted by Abu Huraira.

Chapter 36: APPLICATION OF THE WORD" KUFR" TO ONE WHO NEGLECTS PRAYER
Book 001, Number 0144:

It is narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira that when, the son of Adam recites the Ayat of Sajdah (prostration) and then falls down in prostration, the Satan goes into seclusion and weeps and says: Alas, and in the narration of Abu Kuraib the words are: Woe unto me, the son of Adam was commanded to prostrate, and he prostrated and Paradise was entitled to him and I was commanded to prostrate, but I refused and am doomed to Hell.

Book 001, Number 0145:

A'mash narrated this hadith with the same chain of transmitters, with this change of words that he (the Satan) said: I disobeyed and I am doomed to Hell.

Book 001, Number 0146:

It is narrated on the authority of Jabir that he heard the Apostle (may peace and blessings be upon him) saying. Verily between man and between polytheism and unbelief is the negligence of prayer.

Book 001, Number 0147:

It is narrated on the authority of Abu Zubair that he heard Jabir b. 'Abdullah saying. I heard the Messenger of Allah (may peace and blessings be upon him) observing this: Between man and polytheism and unbelief is the abandonment of salat.

Chapter 37: BELIEF IN ALLAH IS THE BEST OF DEEDS
Book 001, Number 0148:

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah was asked about the best of deeds. He observed: Belief in Allah. He (the inquirer) said: What next? He (the Holy Prophet) replied: Jihad (struggle to the utmost) in the cause of Allah. He (the inquirer) again said: What next? He (the Holy Prophet) replied: Pilgrimage accepted into the grace of the Lord. In the. tradition narrated on the authority of Muhammad b. Ja'far (the words are) that he (the Holy Prophet) said: Belief in Allah and His Messenger. Muhammad b. Rafi and 'Abd b. Humaid, 'Abdur-Razzaq and Ma'mar and Zuhri have narrated a hadith like this on the authority of the same chain of transmitters.

Book 001, Number 0149:

Abu Dharr reported: I said: Messenger of Allah, which of the deeds is the best? He (the Holy Prophet) replied: Belief in Allah and Jihad in His cause. I again asked: Who is the slave whose emancipation is the best? He (the Holy Prophet) replied: One who is valuable for his master and whose price is high. I said: If I can't afford to do it? He (the Holy Prophet) replied: Help an artisan or make anything for the unskilled (labourer). I (Abu Dharr) said: Messenger of Allah, you see that I am helpless in doing some of these deeds. He (the Holy Prophet) replied: Desist from doing mischief to the people. That is the charity of your person on your behalf.

Book 001, Number 0150:

Muhammad b. Abu Rafi' narrated the hadith on the authority of Abu Dharr with a slight difference.

Book 001, Number 0151:

It is narrated on the authority of 'Abdullah b. Mas'ud that he observed. I asked the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) which deed was the best. He (the Holy Prophet) replied: Prayer at its appointed hour. I (again) said: Then what? He (the Holy Prophet) replied: Kindness to the parents. I (again) said: Then what? He replied: Earnest endeavour (Jihad) in the cause of Allah. And I would have not ceased asking more questions but out of regard (for his feelings).

Book 001, Number 0152:

'Abdullah b. Mas'ud reported: I said: Messenger of Allah, which of the deeds (takes one) nearer to Paradise? He (the Holy Prophet) replied: Prayer at its proper time, I said: What next, Messenger of Allah? He replied: Kindness to the parents. I said: What next? He replied: Jihad in the cause of Allah.

Book 001, Number 0153:

It was heard from Abu 'Amr Shaibani that, pointing towards the house of Abdullah, he said: The owner of this house told me that he asked the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him): Which of the deeds are liked by Allah? He (the Holy Prophet) observed: Prayer at its proper time. I (again) said: What next? He replied: Then goodness to the parents. I (again) said: What then? He replied: Then Jihad in the cause of Allah. He ('Abdullah) said: This is what I was told (by the Holy Prophet). Had I questioned further, he would have made additions for me.

Book 001, Number 0154:

This hadith has been transmitted by Muhammad b. Bashshar, Muhammad b. Ja'far Shu'ba with this chain of narrators, with the addition that he pointed towards the house of 'Abdullah, but he did not mention his name for us.

Book 001, Number 0155:

It is reported on the authority of 'Abdullah that the Apostle of Allah observed: The best of' the deeds or deed is the (observance of) prayer at its proper time and kindness to the parents.

Chapter 38: POLYTHEISM IS THE MOST SHAMEFUL OF SINS AND THE MENTIONING OF THE GRAVEST SIN NEXT TO IT
Book 001, Number 0156:

'Abdullah reported: I asked the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him): Which sin is the gravest in the eye of Allah? He (the Holy Prophet) replied: That you associate a partner with Allah (despite the fact) that He has created you. He (the reporter) said: I told him (the, Holy Prophet): Verily it is indeed grave. He (the reporter) said: I asked him what the next (gravest sin) was. He (the Holy Prophet) replied: That you kill your child out of fear that he shall join you in food. He (the reporter) said: I asked (him) what the next (gravest sin) was. He (the Holy Prophet) observed: Then (the next gravest sin) is that you commit adultery with the wife of your neighbour.

Book 001, Number 0157:

It is narrated on the authority of Abdullah b. Mas'ud that a man said: Messenger of Allah, which offence is the most grievous in the eye of Allah? He (the Holy Prophet) replied: That you associate a partner with Allah (despite the fact) that He created you. He (the man) said: What next? He (the Holy Prophet) replied: That you kill your child out of fear that he would join you in food. He (the inquirer) said (again): What next? He (the Holy Prophet) replied: That you commit adultery with the wife of your neighbour. And the Almighty and Exalted Lord testified it (with this verse):

All those who call not unto another god along with Allah, and slay not any soul which Allah has forbidden, except in the cause of justice, nor commit fornication, and he who does this shall meet a requital of sin (xxv. 68).

Chapter 39: MAJOR SINS AND THE GRAVEST AMONG THESE
Book 001, Number 0158:

It is narrated on the authority of 'Abdur-Rahman b. Abu Bakra that his father said: We were in the company of the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) that he observed: Should I not inform you about the most grievous of the grave sins? (The Holy Prophet) repeated it three times, and then said: Associating anyone with Allah, disobedience to parents, false testimony or false utterance. The Holy Prophet was reclining, then he sat up, and he repeated it so many times that we wished that he should become silent.

Book 001, Number 0159:

Anas narrated from the Apostle (may peace be upon him) about the major sins. He (the Holy Prophet) observed: Associating anyone with Allah, disobedience to parents, killing a person and false utterance.

Book 001, Number 0160:

Ubaidullah b. Abu Bakr said: I heard Anas b. Malik saying: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) talked about the major sins, or he was asked about the major sins. Upon this he observed: Associating anyone with Allah, killing of a person, disobedience to parents. He (the Holy Prophet further) said: Should I not inform you about the gravest of the major sins, and (in this connection) observed: False utterance or false testimony. Shu'ba said. It was most probably" false testimony".

Book 001, Number 0161:

It is reported on the authority of Abu Huraira that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) observed: Avoid the seven noxious things. It was said (by the hearers): What are they, Messenger of Allah? He (the Holy Prophet) replied: Associating anything with Allah, magic, killing of one whom God has declared inviolate without a just cause, consuming the property of an orphan, and consuming of usury, turning back when the army advances, and slandering chaste women who are believers, but unwary.

Book 001, Number 0162:

It is narrated on the authority of 'Abdullah b. Amr b. al-'As that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) observed: Abusing one's parents is one of the major sins. They (the hearers) said: Messenger of Allah, does a man abuse his parents too? He (the Holy Prophet) replied: Yes, one abuses the father of another man, who in turn abuses his father. One abuses his mother and he in turn abuses his (the former's) mother.

Book 001, Number 0163:

This hadith has also been transmitted on the authority of Sa'd b. Ibrahim with this chain of narrators.

Chapter 40: FORBIDDANCE OF PRIDE
Book 001, Number 0164:

It Is narrated on the authority of Abdullah b. Mas'ud that the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him), observed: He who has in his heart the weight of a mustard seed of pride shall not enter Paradise. A person (amongst his hearers) said: Verily a person loves that his dress should be fine, and his shoes should be fine. He (the Holy Prophet) remarked: Verily, Allah is Graceful and He loves Grace. Pride is disdaining the truth (out of self-conceit) and contempt for the people.

Book 001, Number 0165:

It is narrated on the authority of 'Abdullah b. Mas'ud that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) observed: None shall enter the Fire (of Hell) who has in his heart the weight of a mustard seed of Iman and none shall enter Paradise who has in his heart the weight of a mustard seed of pride.

Book 001, Number 0166:

It is narrated on the authority of 'Abdullah that the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) observed: He who as in his heart the weight of a mustard seed of pride shall not enter Paradise.

Chapter 41: HE WHO DIES ASSOCIATING NONE WITH ALLAH WOULD ENTER PARADISE AND HE WHO DIES AS A POLYTHEIST WOULD ENTER THE FIRE OF HELL
Book 001, Number 0167:

It is narrated on the authority of Abdullah b. Mas'ud that Waki told (him) that the Messenger of Allah had observed and Ibn Numair asserted: I heard the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) saying: He who dies associating anything with Allah would enter the Fire (of Hell). 'Abdullah b. Mas'ud said: I say that he who died without associating anything with Allah entered Paradise.

Book 001, Number 0168:

It is narrated on the authority of Jabir that a man came to the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) and said: Messenger of Allah, what are the two things quite unavoidable? He replied: He who dies without associating anyone with Allah would (necessarily) enter Paradise and he who dies associating anything with Allah would enter the (Fire of) Hell.

Book 001, Number 0169:

It is narrated on the authority of Jabir b. Abdullah: I heard the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) saying: He who met Allah without associating anything with Allah entered Paradise and he who met Him associating (anything) with Him entered Fire.

Book 001, Number 0170:

The same hadith has been narrated by Ishaq b. Mansur on the authority of Jabir with another chain of transmitters.

Book 001, Number 0171:

I heard Abu Dharr narrating it from the Apostle (may peace be upon him) that he observed: Gabriel came to me and gave me the tidings: Verily he who died amongst your Ummah without associating anything with Allah would enter Paradise. I (the narrator) said: Even if he committed adultery and theft. He (the Holy Prophet) said: (Yes), even if he committed adultery and theft.

Book 001, Number 0172:

Abu Dharr reported,: I came to the Apostle (may peace be upon him ) and he was asleep with a white mantle over him. I again came, he was still asleep, I came again and he had awakened. I sat by his side and (the Holy Prophet) observed: There is none among the bondsmen who affirmed his faith in La illaha ill-Allah there is no God but Allah) and died in this state and did not enter Paradise. I (Abu Dharr) said: Even if he committed adultery and theft? He (the Holy Prophet) replied: (Yes) even though he committed adultery and theft. I (again said): Even if he committed adultery and theft? He replied: (Yes) even though he committed adultery and theft. (Th Holy Prophet repeated it three times) and said for the fourth time: In defiance of Abu Dharr. Abu Dharr then went out and he repeated (these words): In defiance of Abu Dharr.

Chapter 42: PROHIBITION OF THE KILLING OF AN INFIDEL AFTER HE SAYS:" THERE IS NO GOD BUT ALLAH"
Book 001, Number 0173:

It is narrated on the authority of Miqdad b. Aswad that he said. Messenger of Allah, you just see (here is a point): If I encountered a person amongst the infidels (in the battlefield) and he attacked me and struck me and cut off one of my hands with the sword. Then he (in order to protect himself from me) took shelter of a tree and said: I become Muslim for Allah's sake. Messenger of Allah, can I kill him after he had uttered this? The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Do not kill him. I (the narrator) said: Messenger of Allah, he cut off my hand and uttered this after amputating it; should I then kill him? The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Don't kill him, for I you kill him, verily he would be in a position where you had been before killing him and verily you would be in a position where he had been before uttering (kalima).

Book 001, Number 0174:

The same hadith has been transmitted by the same chain of narrators. The hadith transmitted by Auza'i and Ibn Juraij contains these words: I embraced Islam for Allah's sake. and in the hadith narrated by Ma'mar the words are: I knelt down to kill him, that he said; There is no god but Allah.

Book 001, Number 0175:

It is narrated by Miqdad, and he was an ally of B. Zuhra and was of those who participated in the Battle of Badr along with the Messenger of Allah, that he said: Messenger of Allah, here is a point: If I happened to encounter a person amongst the infidels (in the battle). Then he narrated a hadith similar to the one transmitted by Laith.

Book 001, Number 0176:

It is narrated on the authority of Usama b. Zaid that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) sent us in a raiding party. We raided Huraqat of Juhaina in the morning. I caught hold of a man and he said: There is no god but Allah, I attacked him with a spear. It once occurred to me and I talked about it to the Apostle (may peace be upon him). The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Did he profess" There is no god but Allah," and even then you killed him? I said: Messenger of Allah, he made a profession of it out of the fear of the weapon. He (the Holy Prophet) observed: Did you tear his heart in order to find out whether it had professed or not? And he went on repeating it to me till I wished I had embraced Islam that day. Sa'd said: By Allah, I would never kill any Muslim so long as a person with a heavy belly, i. e., Usama, would not kill. Upon this a person remarked: Did Allah not say this: And fight them until there is no more mischief and religion is wholly for Allah? Sa'd said: We fought so that there should be no mischief, but you and your companions wish to fight so that there should be mischief.

Book 001, Number 0177:

It is narrated on the authority of Usama b. Zaid: The Messenger of Allah may peace be upon him) sent us to Huraqat, a tribe of Juhaina. We attacked that tribe early in the morning and defeated them and I and a man from the Ansar caught hold of a person (of the defeated tribe). When we overcame him, he said: There is no god but Allah. At that moment the Ansari spared him, but I attacked him with my spear and killed him. The news had already reached the Apostle (peace be upon him), so when we came back he (the Apostle) said to me: Usama, did you kill him after he had made the profession: There is no god but Allah? I said. Messenger of Allah, he did it only as a shelter. The Holy Prophet observed: Did you kill him after he had made the profession that there is no god but Allah? He (the Holy Prophet) went on repeating this to me till I wished I had not embraced Islam before that day.

Book 001, Number 0178:

It is narrated by Safwan b. Muhriz that Jundab b. 'Abdullah al-Bajali during the stormy days of Ibn Zubair sent a message to 'As'as b. Salama: Gather some men of your family so that I should talk to them. He ('As'as) sent a messenger to them (to the members of his family). When they had assembled, Jundab came there with a yellow hooded cloak on him, He said: Talk what you were busy in talking. The talk went on by turns, till there came his (Jundab's) turn. He took off the hooded cloak from his head and said: I have come to you with no other intention but to narrate to you a hadith of your Apostle: Verily the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) sent a squad of the Muslims to a tribe of the polytheists. Both the armies confronted one another. There was a man among the army of polytheists who (was so dashing that), whenever he intended to kill a man from among the Muslims, he killed him. Amongst the Muslims too was a man looking forward to (an opportunity of) his (the polytheist's) unmindfulness. He (the narrator) said: We talked that he was Usama b, Zaid. When he raised his sword, he (the soldier of the polytheists) uttered:" There is no god but Allah," but he (Usama b. Zaid) killed him. When the messenger of the glad tidings came to the Apostle (may peace be upon him) he asked him (about the events of the battle) and he informed him about the man (Usama) and what he had done He (the Prophet of Allah) called for him and asked him why he had killed him. He (Usama) said: Messenger of Allah, he struck the Muslims and killed such and such of them. And he even named some of them. (He continued): I attacked him and when he saw the sword he said: There is no god but Allah. The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Did you kill him? He (Usama) replied in the affirmative. He (the Holy Prophet) remarked: What would you do with:" There is no god but Allah," when he would come (before you) on the Day of Judgment? He (Usama) said: Messenger of Allah, beg pardon for me (from your Lord). He (the Holy Prophet) said: What would you do with:" There is no god but Allah" when he would come (before you) on the Day of Judgment? He (the Holy Prophet) added nothing to it but kept saying: What would you do with:" There is no god but Allah," when he would come (before you) on the Day of Judgment?

Chapter 43: THE UTTERANCE OF THE APOSTLE (MAY PEACE BE UPON HIM): HE WHO TAKES, UP ARMS AGAINST US IS NOT OF US (I. E. HE CEASES TO RE A MUSLIM)
Book 001, Number 0179:

It is narrated on the authority of Abdullah b. Umar who narrates from the Prophet of Allah (may peace be upon him) who said: He who took up arms against us is not of us.

Book 001, Number 0180:

Iyas b. Salama narrated from his father that the Apostle (may peace be upon him) observed: He who draws the sword against us is not of us.

Book 001, Number 0181:

It is narrated on the authority of Abu Musa Ash'ari: He who took up arms against us is not of us.

Chapter 44: THE UTTERANCE OF THE APOSTLE (PEACE BE UPON HIM): HE WHO ACTED DISHONESTLY TOWARDS US IS NOT OF US (I. E. HE IS NOT TO BE COUNTED AMONGST MUSLIMS)
Book 001, Number 0182:

It is narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) observed: He who took up arms against us is not of us and he who acted dishonestly towards us is not of us.

Book 001, Number 0183:

It is narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) happened to pass by a heap of eatables (corn). He thrust his hand in that (heap) and his fingers were moistened. He said to the owner of that heap of eatables (corn): What is this? He replied: Messenger of Allah, these have been drenched by rainfall. He (the Holy Prophet) remarked: Why did you not place this (the drenched part of the heap) over other eatables so that the people could see it? He who deceives is not of me (is not my follower).

Chapter 45: BEATING OF THE CHEEKS, TEARING OF THE FRONT OPENING OF THE SHIRT, AND CALLING THE CALLS OF THE JAHILIYA (IGNORANCE) ARE FORBIDDEN
Book 001, Number 0184:

It is narrated on the authority of Abdullah b. Mas'ud that the Holy Prophet observed: He is not one of us (one among the Ummah of Islam) who beat the cheeks or tore the front opening of the shirt or uttered the slogans of (the days of) Jahiliya (ignorance). Ibn Numair and Abu Bakr said (instead of the word" au" (or) it is" wa" [and] the words are) and tore and uttered (the slogans) of Jahiliya without" alif".

Book 001, Number 0185:

This hadith has been narrated by A'mash with the same chain of narrators and the transmitters said: He tore and called.

Book 001, Number 0186:

It is narrated on the authority of Abu Burda b. Abu Musa that Abu Musa was afflicted with grave pain and he became unconscious and his head was in the lap of a lady of his household. One of the women of his household walled. He (Abu Musa) was unable (because of weakness) to say anything to her. But when he was a bit recovered he said: I have no concern with one with whom the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) has no concern, Verily the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) has no concern with that woman who wails loudly, shaves her hair and tears (her garment in grief).

Book 001, Number 0187:

It is narrated on the authority of Abu Burda that Abu Musa fell unconscious and his wife Umm Abdullah came there and wailed loudly. When he felt relief he said: Don't you know? -and narrated to her: Verily the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: I have no concern with one who shaved her hair, lamented loudly and tore (her clothes in grief).

Book 001, Number 0188:

This hadith is narrated on the authority of Abu Musa with this change only: That (the Holy Prophet) did not say that he had no concern but said: He is not one of us.

Chapter 46: SERIOUS PROHIBITION OF TALE-CARRYING
Book 001, Number 0189:

It is reported from Hudhaifa that news reached him (the Holy Prophet) that a certain man carried tales. Upon this Hudhaifa remarked: I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) saying: The tale-bearer shall not enter Paradise.

Book 001, Number 0190:

It is reported on the authority of Hammam b, al-Harith that a man used to carry tales to the governor. We were sitting in the mosque. the people said: He is one who carries tales to the governor. He (the narrator) said: Then he came and sat with us. Thereupon Hudhaifa remarked: I heard the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) saying: The beater of false tales would never enter heaven.

Book 001, Number 0191:

It is narrated on the authority of Hammam b. al-Harith: We were sitting with Hudhaifa in the mosque. A man came and sat along with us. It was said to Hudhaifa that he was the man who carried tales to the ruler. Hudhaifa remarked with the intention of conveying to him: I have heard the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) saying: The tale-bearer will not enter Paradise.

Chapter 47: SERIOUS PROHIBITION OF LETTING DOWN THE LOWER GARMENT, OF LAYING OBLIGATION, OF SELLING GOODS BY FALSE OATHS, AND DESCRIPTION OF THOSE THREE- (PERSONS) WITH WHOM ALLAH WOULD NOT SPEAK ON THE DAY OF RESURRECTION, NOR WOULD HE SEE TOWARDS THEM NOR WOULD ABSOLVE THEM, AND FOR THEM IS A PAINFUL CHASTISEMENT
Book 001, Number 0192:

It is narrated o the authority of Abu Dharr that the Messenger of Allah (may ace he upon him) observed: Three are the (persons) with whom Allah would neither speak on the Day of Resurrection, nor would look at them nor would absolve the and there is a painful chastisement for them. The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) repeated it three times. Abu Dharr remarked: They failed and they lost; who are these persons, Messenger of Allah? Upon this he (the Holy) Prophet) observed: They are: the dragger of lower garment, the recounter of obligation the seller of goods by false oath.

Book 001, Number 0193:

It is narrated on the authority of Abu Dharr who narrates that the Prophet (may peace be upon him) observed: Three are the persons with whom Allah would not speak on the Day of Resurrection: the bestower of gift who does not give anything but by laying obligation on him, the seller of goods who sells them by taking false oath and one who hangs low his lower garment.

Book 001, Number 0194:

Bishr b. Khalid has narrated this hadith on the authority of Sulaiman with the same chain of transmitters with this addition: Allah shall neither speak nor look at nor absolve then, and there is a tormenting punishment for them.

Book 001, Number 0195:

It is narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) observed: Three (are the persons) with whom Allah would neither speak, nor would He absolve them on the Day of Resurrection. Abu Mu'awiya added: He would not look at them and there is grievous torment for them: the aged adulterer, the liar king and the proud destitute.

Book 001, Number 0196:

Abu Huraira narrated on the authority of Abu Bakr that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Three are the persons with whom Allah would neither speak on the Day of Resurrection, nor would He look towards them, nor would purify them (from sins), and there would be a tormenting chastisement for them: a person who in the waterless desert has more water (than his need) and he refuses to give it to the traveller and a person who sold a commodity to another person in the afternoon and took an oath of Allah that he had bought it at such and such price and he (the buyer) accepted it to be true though it was not a fact, and a person who pledged allegiance to the Imam but for the sake of the world (material gains). And if the Imam bestowed on him (something) out of that (worldly riches) he stood by his allegiance and if he did not give him, he did not fulfil the allegiance.

Book 001, Number 0197:

The same hadith has been transmitted by another chain of transmitters with the exception of these words: He offered for sale a commodity to another person.

Book 001, Number 0198:

This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira that he (the Apostle of Allah) observed: Three are the persons with whom Allah would neither speak (on the Day of Resurrection) nor would He look at them, and there would be a painful chastisement for them, a person who took an oath on the goods of a Muslim in the afternoon and then broke it. The rest of the hadith is the same as narrated by A'mash.

Chapter 48: SUICIDE IS THE GRAVEST SIN
Book 001, Number 0199:

It is narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) observed: He who killed himself with steel (weapon) would be the eternal denizen of the Fire of Hell and he would have that weapon in his hand and would be thrusting that in his stomach for ever and ever, he who drank poison and killed himself would sip that in the Fire of Hell where he is doomed for ever and ever; and he who killed himself by falling from (the top of) a mountain would constantly fall in the Fire of Hell and would live there for ever and ever.

Book 001, Number 0200:

This hadith has been narrated by another chain of transmitters.

Book 001, Number 0201:

Thabit b. Dahhak reported that he pledged allegiance to the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) under the Tree, and verily the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) observed: He who took an oath of a religion other than Islam, in the state of being a liar, would became so, as he professed. He who killed himself with a thing would be tormented on the Day of Resurrection with that very thing. One is not obliged to offer votive offering of a thing which is not in his possession.

Book 001, Number 0202:

It is narrated on the authority of Thabit b. al-Dahhak that the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) observes: None is obliged to give votive offering (of a thing) which is not in his possession and the cursing of a believer is tantamount to killing him, and he who killed himself with a thing in this world would be tormented with that (very thing) on the Day of Resurrection, and he who made a false claim to increase (his wealth), Allah would make no addition but that of paucity, and he who perjured would earn the wrath of God

Book 001, Number 0203:

It is narrated on the authority of Thabit b. Dahhak that the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) observed: He who took deliberately a false oath on a religion other than Islam would become that which he had professed. And he who killed himself with anything Allah would torment him with that in the Fire of Hell.

Book 001, Number 0204:

In the hadith narrated by Shu'ba the words are: Verily the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: He who took an oath on a religion other than Islam as a liar would become so as he said, and he who slaughtered himself with a thing would be slaughtered with that on the Day of Resurrection.

Book 001, Number 0205:

It is narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira: We participated in the Battle of Hunain along with the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him). He (the Holy Prophet) said about a man who claimed to be a Muslim that he was one of the denizens of the Fire (of Hell). When we were in the thick of the battle that man fought desperately and was wounded. It was said: Messenger of Allah, the person whom you at first called as the denizen of Fire fought desperately and died. Upon this the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) remarked: He was doomed to the Fire (of Hell). Some men were on the verge of doubt (about his fate) when it was said that he was not dead but fatally wounded. When it was night he could not stand the (pain of his) wound and killed himself. The Apostle (may peace be upon him) was informed of that. He (the Holy Prophet) observed: Allah is Great, I bear testimony to the fact that I am the servant of Allah and His messenger. He then commanded Bilal to announce to the people that none but a Muslim would enter Paradise. Verily Allah helps this faith even by a sinful person.

Book 001, Number 0206:

It is reported on the authority of Sahl b. Sa'd al-Sa'idi that there was an encounter between the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) and the polytheists, and they fought (against one another). At the conclusion of the battle the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) bent his steps towards his army and they (the enemies) bent their steps towards their army. And there was a person (his name was Quzman and he was one of the hypocrites) among the Companions of the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) who did not spare a detached (fighter of the enemy) but pursued and killed him with the sword. They (the Companions of the Holy Prophet) said: None served us better today than this man Upon this the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) remarked: Verily he is one of the denizens of Fire. One of the people (Muslims) said: I will constantly shadow him. Then this man went out along with him. He halted whenever he halted, and ran along with him whenever he ran. He (the narrator) said: The man was seriously injured. He (could not stand the pain) and hastened his own death. He placed the blade of the sword on the ground with the tip between his chest and then pressed himself against the sword and killed himself. Then the man (following him) went to the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) and said: I bear testimony that verily thou art the Messenger of Allah, He (the Holy Prophet) said: What is the matter? He replied: The person about whom you just mentioned that he was one among the denizens of Fire and the people were surprised (at this) and I said to them that I would bring (the news about him) and consequently I went out in search of him till I (found him ) to be very seriously injured. He hastened his death. He placed the blade of the sword upon the ground and its tip between his chest and then pressed himself against that and killed himself. Thereupon the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) remarked: A person performs the deeds which to the people appear to be the deeds befitting the dweller of Paradise, but he is in fact one of the denizens of Hell. And verily a person does an act which in the eyes of public is one which is done by the denizens of Hell, but the person is one among the dwellers of Paradise.

Book 001, Number 0207:

It is reported on the authority of Hasan: A person belonging to the people of the past suffered from a boil, when it pained him, he drew out an arrow from the quiver and pierced it. And the bleeding did not stop till he died. Your Lord said: I forbade his entrance into Paradise. Then he (Hasan) stretched his hand towards the mosque and said: By God, Jundab transmitted this hadith to me from the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) in this very mosque.

Book 001, Number 0208:

It is reported on the authority of Hasan: Jundab b. 'Abdullah al-Bajali narrated this hadith in this mosque which we can neither forget and at the same time we have no apprehension that Jundab could attribute a lie to the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him). He (the Holy Prophet) observed: A person belonging to the people of the past suffered from a boil, and then the rest of the hadith was narrated.

Chapter 49: STRICT FORBIDDANCE OF ACTING DISHONESTLY IN RESPECT OF THE SPOILS OR BOOTY. THE BELIEVERS ALONE WOULD ENTER PARADISE
Book 001, Number 0209:

It is narrated on the authority of 'Umar b. Khattab that when it was the day of Khaibar a party of Companions of the Apostle (may peace be upon him) came there and said: So and so is a martyr, till they happened to pass by a man and said: So and so is a martyr. Upon this the Messenger of Allah remarked: Nay, not so verily I have seen him in the Fire for the garment or cloak that he had stolen from the booty, Then the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Umar son of Khattab, go and announce to the people that none but the believers shall enter Paradise. He ('Umar b. Khattab) narrated: I went out and proclaimed: Verily none but the believers would enter Paradise.

Book 001, Number 0210:

It is narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira: We went to Khaibar along with the Apostle (may peace be upon him) and Allah granted us victory. We plundered neither gold nor silver but laid our hands on goods, corn and clothes, and then bent our stops to a valley; along with the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) there was a slave who was presented to him by one Rifa'a b. Zaid of the family of Judham, a tribe of Dubayb. When we got down into the valley the slave of the Messenger of Allah stood up and began to unpack the saddle-bag and was suddenly struck by a (stray) arrow which proved fatal. We said: There is a greeting for him, Messenger of Allah, as he is a martyr. Upon this the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) remarked: Nay, not so. By Him in Whose hand is the life of Muhammad, the small garment which he stole from the booty on the day of Khaibar but which did not (legitimately) fall to his lot is burning like the Fire (of Hell) on him. The people were greatly perturbed (on hearing this). A person came there with a lace or two laces and said: Messenger of Allah, I found (them) on the day of Khaibar. He (the Holy Prophet) remarked: This is a lace of fire or two laces of fire.

Chapter 50: ARGUMENT IN FAVOUR OF THE FACT THAT HE WHO KILLS HIMSELF DOES NOT BECOME UNBELIEVER
Book 001, Number 0211:

It is narrated on the authority of Jabir that Tufail son of Amr al-Dausi came to the Apostle (may peace be upon him) and said: Do you need strong, fortified protection? The tribe of Daus had a fort in the pre-Islamic days. The Apostle (may peace be upon him) declined this offer, since it (the privilege of protecting the Holy Prophet) had already been reserved for the Ansar. When the Apostle (may peace be upon him) migrated to Medina, Tufail son of Amr also migrated to that place, and there also migrated along with him a man of his tribe. But the climate of Medina did not suit him, and he fell sick. He felt very uneasy. So he took hold of an iron head of an arrow and cut his finger-joints. The blood streamed forth from his hands, till he died. Tufail son of Amr saw him in a dream. His state was good and he saw him with his hands wrapped. He (Tufail) said to him: What treatment did your Allah accord to you? He replied. Allah granted me pardon for my migration to the Apostle (may peace be upon him): He (Tufail) again said: What is this that I see you wrapping up your hands? He replied: I was told (by Allah): We would not set right anything of yours which you damaged yourself. Tufail narrated this (dream) to the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him). Upon this he prayed: O Allah I grant pardon even to his hands.

Chapter 51: CONCERNING THE WIND WHICH WOULD BLOW NEAR THE DAY OF RESURRECTION AND WOULD CAUSE TO DIE ANYONE HAVING ANKTHING LIKE FAITH IN HIS HEART
Book 001, Number 0212:

It is narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Verily Allah would make a wind to blow from the side of the Yemen more delicate than silk and would spare none but cause him to die who, in the words of Abu 'Alqama, has faith equal to the weight of a grain; while Abdul-'Aziz said: having faith equal to the weight of a dust particle.

Chapter 52: EXHORTATION TO BE PROMPT IN DOING GOOD DEEDS BEFORE THE APPEARANCE OF TURBULANCE
Book 001, Number 0213:

It is narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) observed: Be prompt in doing good deeds (before you are overtaken) by turbulence which would be like a part of the dark night. During (that stormy period) a man would be a Muslim in the morning and an unbeliever in the evening or he would be a believer in the evening and an unbeliever in the morning, and would sell his faith for worldly goods.

Chapter 53: PERTAINING TO THE FEAR OF A BELIEVER LEST HIS DEEDS SHOULD BE LOST
Book 001, Number 0214:

It is narrated on the authority of Anas b. Malik that when this verse:" O ye who believe I raise not your voices above the voice of the Prophet, nor shout loud unto him in discourse, as ye shout loud unto one another, lest your deeds should become null and void, while you perceive not" (xlix. 2-5), was revealed. Thabit b. Qais confined himself in his house and said: I am one of the denizens of Fire, and he deliberately avoided coming to the Apostle (may peace be upon him). The Apostle (may peace be upon him) asked Sa'd b, Mu'adh about him and said, Abu Amr, how is Thabit? Has he fallen sick? Sa'd said: He is my neighbour, but I do not know of his illness. Sa'd came to him (Thabit), and conveyed to him the message of the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him). Upon this Thabit said: This verse was revealed, and you are well aware of the fact that, amongst all of you, mine is the voice louder than that of the Messenger of Allah, and so I am one amongst the denizens of Fire, Sa'd Informed the Holy Prophet about it. Upon this the Messenger of Allah observed: (Nay, not so) but he (Thabit) is one of the dwellers of Paradise.
Back to top Go down
https://islam4u.ahlamontada.com

The Book of Faith (Kitab Al-Iman) 3
Page 1 of 1