islam4u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
islam4u

islamic, social, cultural

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Book Pertaining to the Excellent Qualities of the Holy Prophet (may Peace be upon them) and His Companions (Kitab Al-Fada'il)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

The Book Pertaining to the Excellent Qualities of the Holy Prophet (may Peace be upon them) and His Companions (Kitab Al-Fada'il) Empty
PostSubject: The Book Pertaining to the Excellent Qualities of the Holy Prophet (may Peace be upon them) and His Companions (Kitab Al-Fada'il)   The Book Pertaining to the Excellent Qualities of the Holy Prophet (may Peace be upon them) and His Companions (Kitab Al-Fada'il) EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 10:30 am

The Book Pertaining to the Excellent Qualities of the Holy Prophet (may Peace be upon them) and His Companions (Kitab Al-Fada'il)

Chapter 1: INTERCESSION BY THE APOSTLE OF ALLAH (MAY PEACE BE UPON HIM) AND THE PAYING OF SALUTATIONS BY A STONE TO HIM BEFORE HIS ADVENT AS A PROPHET
Book 030, Number 5653:

Wathila b. al-Asqa' reported: I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Verily Allah granted eminence to Kinana from amongst the descendants of Isma'il and he granted eminence to the Quraish amongst Kinana and he granted eminence to the Quraish amongst Banu Hashim and he granted me eminencece from the tribe of Banu Hashim.

Book 030, Number 5654:

Jabir b. Samura reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: I recognise the stone in Mecca which used to pay me salutations before my advent as a Prophet and I recognise that even now.

Chapter 2: THE EMINENCE OF OUR PROPHET (MAY PEACE BE UPON HIM) OVER THE WHOLE CREATION
Book 030, Number 5655:

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: I shall be pre-eminent arriongst the descendants of Adam on the Day of Resurrection and I will be the first intercessor and the first whose intercession will be accepted (by Allah).

Chapter 3: THE MIRACLES OF THE HOLY PROPHET (MAY PEACE BE UPON HIM)
Book 030, Number 5656:

Anas reported that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) called for water and he was given a vessel and the people began to perform ablution in that and I counted (the persons) and they were between fifty and eighty and I saw water which was spouting from his fingers.

Book 030, Number 5657:

Anas b. Malik reported: I saw Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) during the time of the afternoon prayer and the people asking for water for performing ablution which they did not find. (A small quantity) of water was brought to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and he placed his hand in that vessel and com- manded people to perform ablution. I raw water spouting from his fingers and the people performing ablution until the last amongst them performed it.

Book 030, Number 5658:

Anas b. Malik reported that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) and his Companions were at a place known as az-Zaura' (az-Zaurd' is a place in the bazar of Medina near the mosque) that he called for a vessel containing water. He put his hand in that. And there began to spout (water) between his fingers and all the Companions performed ablution. Qatada, one of the narrators in the chain of narrators, said: Abu Hamza (the kunya of Hadrat Anas b. Malik), how many people were they? He said: They were about three hundred.

Book 030, Number 5659:

Anas reported Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) was at az-Zaura' and a vessel containing water was brought to him in which his finger could not be completely dipped or completely covered; the rest of the hadith is the same.

Book 030, Number 5660:

Jabir reported that Umm Malik used to send clarified butter in a small skin to the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him). Her sons would come to her and ask for seasoning when they had nothing with them (in the form of condiments) and she would go to that (skin) in which she offered (clarified butter) to Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him), and she would find in that clarified butter and it kept providing her with seasoning for her household until she had (completely) squeezed it. She came to Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) and (informed him about it). Thereupon, he (the Holy Prophet) said: Did you squeeze it? She said: Yes. Thereupon he said: If you had left it in that very state, it would have kept on provid- ing you (the clarified butter) on end.

Book 030, Number 5661:

Jabir reported that a person came to Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) and asked for food. And he gave him half a wasq of barley, and the person and his wife and their guests kept on making use of it (as a food) until he weighed it (in order to find out the actual quantity, and it was no more). He came to Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) (and informed him about it). He said: Had you not weighed it, you would be eating out of it and it would have remained intact for you.

Book 030, Number 5662:

Mu'adh b. Jabal reported that he went along with Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) in the expedition of Tabuk and he (the Holy Prophet) combined the prayers. He offered the noon and afternoon prayers together and the sunset and night prayers together and on the other day he deferred the prayers; he then came out and offered the noon and afternoon prayers together. He then went in and (later on) came out and then after that offered the sunset and night prayers together and then said: God willing, you would reach by tomorrow the fountain of Tabuk and you should not come to that until it is dawn, and he who amongst you happens to go there should not touch its water until I come. We came to that and two persons (amongst) us reached that fountain ahead of us. It was a thin flow of water like the shoelace. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) asked them whether they had touched the water. They said: Yes. Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) scolded them, and he said to them what he had to say by the will of God. The people then took water of the fountain in their palms until it became somewhat significant and Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) washed his hands and his face too in it, and then, took it again in that (fountain) and there gushed forth abundant water from that fountain, until all the people drank to their fill. He then said: Mu'adh, it is hoped that if you live long you would see its water irrigating well the gardens.

Book 030, Number 5663:

Abu Humaid as-Sa'idi reported: We went out with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) on the expedition to Tabuk and we came to a wadi where there was a garden belonging to a woman. Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) said. Make an assessment (of the price of its fruit). And Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) also made an assessment and it was ten wasqs. He asked that lady (to calculate the amount) until they would, God willing, come back to her. So we proceeded on until we came to Tabuk and Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: The violent storm will overtake you during the night, so none amongst you should stand up and he who has a camel with him should hobble it firmly. A violent storm blew and a person who had stood up was carried away by the storm and thrown between the mountains of Tayy. Then the messenger of the son of al 'Alma', the ruler of Aila, came to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) with a letter and a gift of a white mule. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) wrote him (the reply) and presented him a cloak. We came back until we halted in the Wadi al-Qura. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) asked that lady about her garden and the price of the fruits in that. She said: Ten wasqs. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: I am going to depart, and he who amongst you wishes may depart with me but he who wants to stay may stay. We resumed the journey until we came to the outskirts of Medina. (It was at this time) that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: This is Taba, this is Uhud, that is a mountain which loves us and we love it, and then said: The best amongst the houses of the Ansar is the house of Bani Najjar. Then the house of Bani Abd al-Ashhal, then the house of Bani Abd al-Harith b. Khazraj, then the house of Bani Sa'ida, and there is goodness in all the houses of the Ansar. Said b. Ubada came to us and Abu Usaid said to him: Did you not see that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) has declared the houses of the Ansar good and he has kept us at the end. Said met Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and said: Allah's Messenger, you have declared the house of the Ansar as good and have kept us at the end, whereupon he said: Is it not enough for you that you have been counted amongst the good.

Book 030, Number 5664:

This hadith has been narrated on the authority of 'Amr b. Yahya with the same chain of transmitters up to the words: There is good in all the houses of the Ansar, and there is no mention of the subsequent event pertaining to Sa'd b. 'Ubada.

Chapter 4: THE RELIANCE OF ALLAH'S MESSENGER (MAY PEACE BE UPON HIM) ON ALLAH THE EXALTED, AND ALLAH'S PROTECTING HIM AGAINST THE PEOPLE
Book 030, Number 5665:

Jabir b. Abdullah reported: We went along with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) on an expedition towards Najd and Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) found us in a valley abounding in thorny trees. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) stayed for rest under a tree and he suspended his sword by one of its branches under which he was taking rest. The persons scattered in the valley and they also began to take rest under the shade of trees, and Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: A person came to me while I was asleep and he took hold of the sword. I woke up and found him standing upon my head and I had hardly become alert (and saw) that the sword was in his hand. And he said: Who can protect you from me? I said: Allah. He again said: Who can protect you from me? I said: Allah. He put his sword in the sheath (and you can see) this man sitting here. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) did not in any way touch him.

Book 030, Number 5666:

Jabir b. 'Abdullah al-Ansiri, who was one amongst the Companions of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him), reported that he went on an expedition along with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) towards Najd and Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) stayed there, and when Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) came back he also came back along with him. They, for one day, stayed for rest; the rest of the hadith is the same.

Book 030, Number 5667:

Jabir b. 'Abdullah reported: We went along with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and as we reached the place Dhat-ur-Riqa'; the rest of the hadith is the same, but there is no mention of the word that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) did not harm him.

Chapter 5: PERTAINING TO THE SIMILITUDE WITH WHICH ALLAH'S APOSTLE (MAY PEACE BE UPON HIM) HAS BEEN SENT WITH GUIDANCE AND KNOWLEDGE
Book 030, Number 5668:

Abu Musa reported Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying: The similitude of that guidance and knowledge with which Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, has sent me is that of rain falling upon the earth. There is a good piece of land which receives the rainfall (eagerly) and as a result of it there is grown in it herbage and grass abundantly. Then there is a land hard and barren which retains water and the people derive benefit from it and they drink it and make the animals drink. Then there is another land which is barren. Neither water is retained in it, nor is the grass grown in it. And that is the similitude of the first one who develops the understanding of the religion of Allah and it becomes a source of benefit to him with which Allah sent me. (The second one is that) who acquires the knowledge of religion and imparts it to others. (Then the other type is) one who does not pay attention to (the revealed knowledge) and thus does not accept guidance of Allah with which I have been sent.

Chapter 6: THE EXTREME LOVE OF ALLAH'S MESSENGER (MAY PEACE BE UPON HIM) FOR HIS UMMA, AND HIS EXTREME ANXIETY TO WARN THEM AGAINST THAT WHICH IS A SOURCE OF TROUBLE TO THEM
Book 030, Number 5669:

Abu Musa reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The similitude of mine and of that with which Allah sent me is that of a person who came to us and said: O people, I have seen an army with my eyes and I am a plain warner (and issue you warning) that you should immediately manage to find an escape. A group of people from amongst them paying heed (to his warning) fled to a place of protection and a group amongst them belied him and the morning overtook them in their houses and the army attacked them and killed them and they were routed. And that is the similitude of the one who obeyed me, followed with which I had been sent and the similitude of the other is of one who disobeyed and belied me and the Truth with which I have been sent.

Book 030, Number 5670:

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The similitude of mine and that of my Umma is that of a person who lit fire and there began to fall into it insects and moths. And I am there to hold you back, but you plunge into it.

Book 030, Number 5671:

Hammam b. Munabbih reported: Abu Huraira reported us some ahadith from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) amongst many, (and) one is this that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: A person lit fire and when the atmosphere was aglow, moths and insects began to fall into the fire, but I am there to hold them back, but they are plunging into it despite my efforts, and he further added: That is your example and mine. I am there to hold you back from fire and to save you from it, but you are plunging into it despite my efforts.

Book 030, Number 5672:

Jabir b. Abdullah reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying. My example and your example is that of a person who lit the fire and insects and moths began to fall in it and he would be making efforts to take them out, and I am going to hold you back from fire, but you are slipping from my hand.

Chapter 7: THE FINALITY OF ALLAH'S APOSTLE (MAY PEACE BE UPON HIM)
Book 030, Number 5673:

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The similitude of mine and that of the Apostles (before me) is that of a person who constructed a building and he built it fine and well and the people went round it saying: Never have we seen a building more imposing than this. but for one brick, and I am that brick (with which you give the finishing touch to the building).

Book 030, Number 5674:

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The similitude of mine and that of the Apostles before me is that of a person who built a house quite imposing and beautiful and he made it complete but for one brick in one of its corners. People began to walk round it, and the building pleased them and they would say: But for this brick your building would have been perfect. Muhammad (may peace be upon him) said: And I am that final brick.

Book 030, Number 5675:

Abu Hurairh reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The similitude of mine and that of the Apostles before me is that of a person who built a house quite imposing and beautiful, but for one brick in one of its corners. People would go round it, appreciating the building, but saying: Why has the brick not been fixed here? He said: I am that brick and I am the last of the Apostles.

Book 030, Number 5676:

Abu Sa'id reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The similitude of mine and that of the Apostles; the rest of the hadith is the same.

Book 030, Number 5677:

Jabir reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The similitude of mine and that of the Apostles is like that of a person who built a house and he completed it and made it perfect but for the space of a brick. People entered therein and they were surprised at it and said: Had there been a brick (it would have been complete in all respects). Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: I am that place where the brick (completing the building is to be placed), and I have come to finalise the chain of Apostles.

Book 030, Number 5678:

This hadith has been narrated through another chain of transmitters but with a slight variation of wording.

Chapter 8: WHEN ALLAH THE EXALTED INTENDS TO SHOW MERCY TO AN UMMA HIS PROPHET IS CALLED BACK TO HIS ETERNAL HOME WHEN THE UMMA IS SAFE FROM THE WRATH OF GOD
Book 030, Number 5679:

Abu Musa reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: When Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, intends to show mercy to an Umma from amongst His servants He calls back His Apostle to his eternal home and makes him a harbinger and recompense in the world to come; and when He intends to cause destruction to an Umma, He punishes it while its Apostle is alive and He destroys it as he (the Apostle) witnesses it and he cools his eyes by destruction as they had belied him and disobeyed his command.

Chapter 9: THE CISTERN OF OUR APOSTLE (MAY PEACE BE UPON HIM) AND ITS CHARACTERISTICS
Book 030, Number 5680:

Jundab reported: I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: I shall be there at the Cistern before you.

Book 030, Number 5681:

This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Jundab through another chain of transmitters.

Book 030, Number 5682:

Sahl (b. Sa'd) reported: I heard Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying: I shall go to the Cistern before you and he who comes would drink and he who drinks would never feel thirsty, and there would come to me people whom I would know and who would know me. Then there would be intervention between me and them. Abu Hazim said that Nu'man b. Abu 'Ayyash heard it and I narrated to them this hadith, and said: Is it this that you heard Sahl saying? He said: Yes, and I bear witness to the fact that I heard it from Abu Sa'id Khudri also, but he made this addition that he (the Holy Prophet) would say: They are my followers, and it would be said to him: You do not know what they did after you and I will say to them: Woe to him who changes (his religion) after me.

Book 030, Number 5683:

This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Abu Sa'id Khudri through another chain of transmitters.

Book 030, Number 5684:

Abdullah b. 'Amr al-'As, reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: My Cistern (is as wide and broad that it requires) a motith's journey (to go round it) all, and its sides are equal and its water is whiter than silver, and its odour is more fragrant than the fragrance of musk, and its jugs (placed round it) are like stars in the sky; and he who would drink from it would never feel thirsty after that. Asma', daughter of Abu Bakr said: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: I would be on the Cistern and so that I would be seeing those who would be coming to me from you, but some people would be detained (before reaching me). I would say: My Lord, they are my followers and belong to my Umma, and it would be said to me: Do you know what they did after you? By Allah, they did not do good after you, and they turned back upon their heels. He (the narrator) said: lbn Abu Mulaika used to say (in supplication): O Allah, I seek refuge with Thee that we should turn back upon our heels or put to any trial about our religion.

Book 030, Number 5685:

'A'isha reported: I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) say in the company of his Companions: I would be on the Cistern waiting for those who would be coming to me from amongst you. By Allah, some persons would be prevented from coming to me, and I would say: My Lord, they are my followers and people of my Umma. And He would say,: You don't know what they did after you; they had been constantly turning back on their heels (from their religion).

Book 030, Number 5686:

Umm Salama, the wife of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him), said I used to hear from people making a mention of the Cistern, but I did not hear about it from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him). One day while a girl was combing me I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) say:" O people." I said to that girl: Keep away from me. She said: He (the Holy Prophet) has addressed the men only and he has not invited the attention of the women. I said: I am amongst the people also (and have thus every right to listen to the things pertaining to religion). Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: I shall be your harbinger on the Cistern; therefore, be cautious lest one of you should come (to me) and may be driven away like a stray camel. I would ask the reasons, and it would be said to me: You don't know what innovations they made after you. And I would then also say: Be away.

Book 030, Number 5687:

Umm Salama reported that she heard Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) saying this as he was sitting on the pulpit and she was getting her hair combed. (He uttered these words):" O people." And she said to one who was combing: Leave my head; the rest of the hadith is the same.

Book 030, Number 5688:

Uqba b. 'Amir reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) one day went out and he offered prayer over the martyrs of Uhud just as prayer is offered over the dead. He then came back and sat on pulpit and said: I shall be present there (at the Cistern) before you. I shall be your witness and, by Allah, I perceive as if I am seeing with my own eyes my Cistern at this very state and I have been given the keys of the treasures of the earth or the keys of the earth and, by Allah, I am not afraid concerning you that you would associate anything (with Allah after me), but I am afraid that you would be vying with one another (for the possession of) the treasures of the earth.

Book 030, Number 5689:

Uqba b. 'Amir reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Allah's Messenger offered prayer over those who had fallen matyrs at Uhud. He then climbed the pulpit as if someone is saying good-bye to the living and the dead, and then said: I shall be there as your predecesor on the Cistern before you, and it is as wide as the distance between Aila and Juhfa (Aila is at the top of the gulf of 'Aqaba). I am not afraid that you would associate anything with Allah after me, but I am afraid that you may be (allured) by the world and (vie) with one another (in possessing material wealth) and begin killing one another, and you would be destroyed as were destroyed those who had gone before you. 'Uqba said that that was the last occasion that he saw Allah's Massenger on the pulpit.

Book 030, Number 5690:

'Abdullah reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying; I shall be there at the Cistern before you, and I shall have to contend for some people, but I shall have to yield. I would be saying: My Lord, they are my friends, they are my friends, and it would be said: You don't know what innovations they made after you.

Book 030, Number 5691:

The hadith has been narrated on the authority ot al-A'mash with the same chain of transmitters but no mention is made of:" They are my companions; they are my companions."

Book 030, Number 5692:

This hadith has been narrated on the authority of 'Abdullah through another chain of transmitters.

Book 030, Number 5693:

This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Hudhaifa through another chain of transmitters.

Book 030, Number 5694:

Haritha reported that he heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: His Cistern would be as extensive as the distance between San'a' and Medina. Mustaurid (one of the narrators) said: Did you not hear anything about the utensils? Thereupon he said. No. Mustaurid said: You would find that the utensils would be like stars.

Book 030, Number 5695:

Haritha b. Wahb al-Khuza'i reported Allah's Messeiiger's (may peace be upon him) words concerning the Cistern like it, but he made no mention of the words of Mustaurid.

Book 030, Number 5696:

Ibn 'Umar reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: There is before you a Cistern and the distance between its two sides is as it is between Jarba' and Adhruh.

Book 030, Number 5697:

This hadith has been transmitted on the authority of Ibn 'Umar and the words are: That he said there would be before you a Cistern extending from jarba' and Adhruh and the same has been transmitted on the authority of Ibn Muthanna and the wording is:" My Cistern."

Book 030, Number 5698:

A hadith like this has been transmitted on the authority, of 'Ubaidullah with this addition: Ubaidullah was asked (about these two names, i. e. Jarba' and Adhruh). He said: These are the two towns of Syria and there is between them the distance which can be covered in three nights, and the hadith transmitted on the authority of Ibn Bishr (the words are)." Three days."

Book 030, Number 5699:

A hadith like this has been narrated on the authority of Ibn Umar through another chain of transmitters.

Book 030, Number 5700:

'Abdullah reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: There would be before you a Cistern (as extensive) as there is the distance between Jarba' and Adhruh and there would be jugs like stars in the sky; he who would come to that and drink from it would never feel thirsty after that.

Book 030, Number 5701:

Abu Dharr said: Allah's Messenger, what about the vessels of that Cistern? He said: By Him in Whose Hand is the life of Muhammad, the vessels would outnumber the stars in the sky and its planets shining on a dark cloudless night. These would be the vessels of Paradise. He who drinks out of it (the Cistern) would never feel thirsty. There would flow in it two spouts from Paradise and he who would drink out of it would not feel thirsty; and the distance between its (two corners) is that between 'Amman and Aila, and its water is whiter than milk and sweeter than honey.

Book 030, Number 5702:

Thauban reported Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying: I would be pushing back from my Cistern the crowd of people. I would strike away from it (the Cistern) with my staff the people of Yemen until the water (of the Haud) would spout forth upon them. He was asked about its breadth. He said: From this place of mine to 'Amman, and he was asked about the drink and he said: It is whiter than milk and sweeter than honey. There would spout into it two streamlets having their sources in Paradise. the one is from gold and the other is from silver. This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Hisham with the same chain of transmitters and the words are:" I would be on the Day of Resurrection near the bank of the Cistern."

Book 030, Number 5703:

Thaubin reported this hadith pertaining to the Cistern. Muhammad b. Bashshar said: I said to Yahya b. Hammad: This is the hadith that I heard from Abu 'Awana and he said: I also heard it from Shu'ba. I said: Narrate that to me and he narrated that to me.

Book 030, Number 5704:

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying: I will drive away from my Cistern people just as the stray camels are driven away. This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira through another chain ot transmitters.

Book 030, Number 5705:

Anas b. Malik reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: My Cistern would be as extensive as the distance between Aila and San'a, of Yemen, and there would be in it jugs like stars in the sky.

Book 030, Number 5706:

Anas b. Malik reported Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying: Some persons from amongst my associates would turn to my Cistern; when I would see them and they would be presented to me, they would be detained in the way while coming to me. I would say: My Lord, they are my companions, they are my companions, and it would be said to me: You don't know what innovations they made after you.

Book 030, Number 5707:

Anas reported a hadith like this from Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) and he made this addition:" The vessels would be as numerous as the number of stars.

Book 030, Number 5708:

Anas b. Milik reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: There would be such a vast distance between the sides of my Cistern as it is between Sana' and Medina.

Book 030, Number 5709:

Anas reported this hadith with this change that there was some doubt between (places mentioned) and there is a slight variation of wording.

Book 030, Number 5710:

Anas reported Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying: You would be shown in it jugs of gold and silver (as numerous) as the number of stars in the sky. This hadith has been transmitted on the authority of Anas b. Malik with this addition:" More numerous than stars in the sky."

Book 030, Number 5711:

Jabir b. Samura reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Behold, I shall be present ahead of you on the Cistern, and the distance between its different sides would be like that between Sana' and Aila, and its jugs would be like stars in the sky.

Book 030, Number 5712:

'Amir b. Sa'd b. Abu Waqqas reported: I wrote (a letter) to Jabir b. Samura (and it was sent) through my servant Nafi' asking him to inform me about something (pertaining to the Haud Kauthar). He wrote to me: I heard him (the Holy Prophet) say: I shall be there ahead of you at the Haud Kauthar.

Chapter 10: THE ANGELS FOUGHT ALONG WITH ALLAH'S APOSTLE (MAY PEACE BE UPON HIM) IN THE BATTLE OF UHUD
Book 030, Number 5713:

Sa'd reported that on the Day of Ubud I saw on the right side of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and on his left side two persons dressed in white clothes and whom I did not see before nor after that, and they were Gabriel and Michael (Allah be pleased with both of them).

Book 030, Number 5714:

Sa'd b. Abu Waqqas reported: I saw on the right side of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and on his left side two persons with white clothes on the Day of Uhtid fighting a desperate fight, and I saw them neither before nor after that.

Chapter 11: THE VALOUR AND COURAGE OF ALLAH'S APOSTLE (MAY PEACE BE UPON HIM)
Book 030, Number 5715:

Anas b. Malik reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) was the sublimest among people (in character) and the most generous amongst them and he was the bravest of men. One night the people of Medina felt disturbed and set forth in the direction of a sound when Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) met them on his way back as he had gone towards that sound ahead of them. He was on the horse of Abu Talha which had no saddle over it, and a sword was slung round his neck, and he was saying: There was nothing to be afraid of, and he also said: We found it (this horse) like a torrent of water (indicating its swift-footedness), whereas the horse had been slow before that time.

Book 030, Number 5716:

Anas reported that there was consternation in Medina. The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) borrowed the horse from Abu Talha which was called Mandub. He rode it and said: We have found no reason for consternation, and we have found it to be (as quick as a torrent) of water.

Book 030, Number 5717:

This hadith has been transmitted on the authority of Anas with a slight variation of wording.

Chapter 12: ALLAH'S APOSTLE (MAY PEACE BE UPON HIM) WAS THE MOST GENEROUS OF PEOPLE; HIS GENEROSITY WAS LIKE THE BLOWING OF WIND
Book 030, Number 5718:

Ibn 'Abbas reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) was the most generous of people in charity, but he was generous to the utmost in the month of Ramadan. Gabriel (peace be upon him) would meet him every year during the month of Ramadin until it ended, and Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) recited to him the Qur'an; and when Gabriel met him Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) was most generous in giving charity like the blowing wind.

Book 030, Number 5719:

This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Zuhri with the same chain of transmitters.

Chapter 13: THE MESSENGER OF ALLAH (MAY PEACE BE UPON HIM) IS THE BEST AMONGST PEOPLE IN DISPOSITION AND BEHAVIOUR
Book 030, Number 5720:

Anas b. Malik reported: I served the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) for ten years, and, by Allah, he never said to me any harsh word, and he never said to me about a thing as to why I had done that and as to why I had not done that. Abu Rabi' has made this addition (in this narration):" The work which a servant should do." There is no mention of his words" By Allah".

Book 030, Number 5721:

This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Anas through another chain of transmitters.

Book 030, Number 5722:

Anas reported: When Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) came to Medina, Abla Talha took hold of my hand and brought me to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and said: Allah's Messenger, Anas is a prudent young boy, and he will serve you. He (Anas) said: I served him in journey and at home, but, by Allah, he never asked me about a thing which I did as to why I did so, nor about a thing which I did not do as to why I had not done that.

Book 030, Number 5723:

Anas reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: I served the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) for nine years, and I do not know (of any instance) when he said to me: Why you have done this and that, and he never found fault with me in anything.

Book 030, Number 5724:

Anas reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) had the best disposition amongst people. He sent me on an errand one day, and I said: By Allah, I would not go. I had, however, this idea in my mind that I would do as Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) had commanded me to do. I went out until I happened to come across children who had been playing in the street. In the meanwhile, Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) came there and he caught me by the back of my neck from behind me. As I looked towards him I found him smiling and he said: Unais, did you go where I commanded you to go? I said: Allah's Messenger, yes, I am going. Anas further said: I served him for nine years but I know not that he ever said to me about a thing which I had done why I did that, or about a thing I had left as to why I had not done that.

Book 030, Number 5725:

Anas b. Malik reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) was the best amongst people in disposition and behaviour.

Chapter 14: IT IS VERY SELDOM THAT ALLAH'S APOSTLE (MAY PEACE BE UPON HIM) SAID" NO" TO ANYONE WHEN ASKED TO GIVE ANYTHING, AND HE GAVE CHARITY TO THE PEOPLE VERY FREELY
Book 030, Number 5726:

Jabir b. 'Abdullah reported: It never happened that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) was asked for anything and he said: No.

Book 030, Number 5727:

This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Jabir b. 'Abdullah through another chain of transmitters.

Book 030, Number 5728:

Musa b. Anas reported on the authority of his father: It never happened that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) was asked anything for the sake of Islam and he did not give that. There came to him a person and he gave him a large flock (of sheep and goats) and he went back to his people and said: My people, embrace Islam, for Muhammad gives so much charity as if he has no fear of want.

Book 030, Number 5729:

Anas 'b. Malik reported that a person requested Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) to give him a very large flock and he gave that to him. He came to his tribe and said: O people, embrace Islam. By Allah, Muhammad donates so much as if he did not fear want. Anas said that the person embraced Islam for the sake of the world but later he became Muslim until Islam became dearer to him than the world and what it contains.

Book 030, Number 5730:

Ibn Shihab reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) went on the expedition of Victory, i. e. the Victory of Mecca, and then he went out along with the Muslims and they fought at Hunain, and Allah granted victory to his religion and to the Muslims, and Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) gave one hundred camels to Safwan b. Umayya. He again gave him one hundred camels, and then again gave him one hundred camels. Sa'id b. Musayyib said that Safwan told him: (By Allah) Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) gave me what he gave me (and my state of mind at that time was) that he was the most detested person amongst people in my eyes. But he continued giving to me until now he is the dearest of people to me.

Book 030, Number 5731:

Jabir b. 'Abdullah reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: In case we get wealth from Bahrain, I would give you so much and so much; he made an indication of it with both his hands. Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) died before wealth from Bahrain came, and it fell to the lot of Abu Bakr after him. He commanded the announcer to make announcement to the effect that he to whom Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) had held out promise or owed any debt should come (to him). I came and said: Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) had said to me: In case there comes to us the wealth of Bahrain I shall give you so much, and so much. Abu Bakr took a handful (of the coins) and gave that to me once and asked me to count them I counted them as five hundred dinars and he said: Here is double of this for you.

Book 030, Number 5732:

Jabir b. 'Abdullah reported: When Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) died, there came to Abfi Bakr wealth from al-'Ala' b. al-Hadrami. Abu Bakr said: He to whom Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) owed any debt or held out any promise should come to us; the rest of the hadith is the same.

Chapter 15: THE MERCY AND TENDERNESS SHOWN BY ALLAH'S APOSTLE (MAY PEACE BE UPON HIM) TOWARDS CHILDREN, MEMBERS OF HIS FAMILY, AND HIS HUMILITY AND HIS SUBLIME QUALITIES
Back to top Go down
https://islam4u.ahlamontada.com

Page 1 of 1