islam4u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
islam4u

islamic, social, cultural

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Book Pertaining to the Merits of the Companions (Allah Be Pleased With Them) of the Holy Prophet (May Peace Be Upon Him) (Kitab Al-Fada'il Al-Sahabah)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

The Book Pertaining to the Merits of the Companions (Allah Be Pleased With Them) of the Holy Prophet (May Peace Be Upon Him) (Kitab Al-Fada'il Al-Sahabah) Empty
PostSubject: The Book Pertaining to the Merits of the Companions (Allah Be Pleased With Them) of the Holy Prophet (May Peace Be Upon Him) (Kitab Al-Fada'il Al-Sahabah)   The Book Pertaining to the Merits of the Companions (Allah Be Pleased With Them) of the Holy Prophet (May Peace Be Upon Him) (Kitab Al-Fada'il Al-Sahabah) EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 12:32 pm

The Book Pertaining to the Merits of the Companions (Allah Be Pleased With Them) of the Holy Prophet (May Peace Be Upon Him) (Kitab Al-Fada'il Al-Sahabah)

Chapter 1: THE MERITS OF ABU BAKR SIDDIQ (ALLAH BE PLEASED WITH HIM)
Book 031, Number 5868:

Anas b. Malik reported that Abu Bakr Siddiq reported him thus: I saw the feet of the polytheists very close to us as we were in the cave. I said: Allah's Messenger, if one amongst them were to see at his feet he would have surely seen us. Thereupon he said: Abu Bakr, what can befall twain who have Allah as the third One with them.

Book 031, Number 5869:

Abu Sa'id reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) sat on the pulpit and said: Allah gave a choice to His servant that he may opt the beauties of the world or that which is with Him and the servant chose that which was with Him. Thereupon Abu Bakr wept and he wept bitterly and said: Let our fathers and our mothers be taken as ransom for you. It was Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) who had been given the choice and Abu Bakr knew it better than us, and Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) is reported to have said: Behold, of all people the most generous toward me in regard to his companionship and his property was Abu Bakr and were I to choose anyone as my bosom friend, I would have chosen Abu Bakr as my dear friend, but (for him) I cherish Islamic brotherliness and love. There shall be left open no window in the mosque except Abu Bakr's window.

Book 031, Number 5870:

This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Abu Sa'id Khudri through another chain of transmitters.

Book 031, Number 5871:

'Abdullah b. Mas'ud reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: If I were to choose a bosom friend I would have definitely chosen Abu Bakr as my bosom friend, but he is my brother and my companion and Allah, the Exalted and Gliorious. has taken your brother and companion (meaning Prophet himself) as a friend.

Book 031, Number 5872:

Abdullah reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: If I were to choose from my Umma anyone as my bosom friend, I would have chosen Abu Bakr.

Book 031, Number 5873:

'Abdullah reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: If I were to choose as my bosom friend I would have chosen the son of Abu Quhafa (Abu Bakr) as my bosom friend.

Book 031, Number 5874:

Abdullah reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: If I were to choose amongst the people of earth someone as my bosom friend, I would have chosen the son of Abu Quhafa as my friends but God has taken your companion as a friend.

Book 031, Number 5875:

This hadith has been narrated through another chain of transmitters and the one narrated on the authority of Abdullah (the words are):" Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) is reported to have said: Behold I am free from the dependence of all bosom friends and if I were to choose anyone as bosom friend I would have taken Abu Bakr as my bosom friend. Allah has taken your companion as a friend.

Book 031, Number 5876:

'Amr b. al-'As reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) sent him in command of the army despatched to Dhat-as-Salasil. When 'Amr b. al-'As came back to the Holy Prophet (may peace be upon him) he said: Who amongst people are dearest to you? He said: A'isha. He then said: Who amongst men? He said: Her father, and I said: And who next? He said: Umar. He then enumerated some other men.

Book 031, Number 5877:

Ibn Abu Mulaika reported: I heard A'isha as saying and she was asked as to whom Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) would have nominated his successor if he had to nominate one at all. She said: Abu Bakr. It was said to her: Then whom after Abu Bakr? She said: Umar. It was said to her. Then whom after 'Umar? She said: Abu Ubaida b. Jarrab, and then she kept quiet at this.

Book 031, Number 5878:

Muhammad b. Jubair b. Mut'im reported on the authority of his father that a woman asked Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) about something but lit, told her to come to him on some other occasion, whereupon she said: What in your opinion (should I do) if I come to you but do not find you, and it seemed as if she meant that he might die. Thereupon he said: If you do not find me, then come to Abu Bakr.

This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Jubair b. Mut'im through another chain of transmitters (and the words are) that a woman came to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and discussed with him something and he gave a command as we find in the above-mentioned narration.

Book 031, Number 5879:

A'isha reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) in his (last) illness asked me to call Abu Bakr, her father, and her brother too, so that he might write a document, for he feared that someone else might be desirous (of succeeding him) and that some claimant may say: I have better claim to it, whereas Allah and the Faithful do not substantiate the claim of anyone but that of Abu Bakr.

Book 031, Number 5880:

Abu Huraira reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Who amongst you is observing fastthis day? Abu Bake said: It is I. He (again) said: Who amongst you has followed the bier today? Abu Bakr said: It is I. He (the Holy Prophet) again said: Who amongst you has served food to the needy? Abu Bakr said: It is I. He (again) said: Who amongst you has today visited the sick? Abu Bakr said: It is I. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: He must get into Paradise who combines in himself (all these noble qualities and virtues).

Book 031, Number 5881:

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: A person had been driving an ox loaded with luggage. The ox looked towards him and said: I have not been created for this but for lands (i. e. for ploughing the land and for drawing out water from the wells for the purpose of irrigating the lands). The people said with surprise and awe: Hallowed be Allah, does the ox speak? Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: I believe it and so do Abu Bakr and 'Umar. Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: A shepherd was tendirig the flock when a wolf came there and took away one goat. Tile shepherd pursued it (the wolf) and rescued it (the goat) from that (wolf). The wolf looked towards him and said: Who would save it on the day when there will be no shepherd except me? Thereupon people said: Hallowed be Allah I Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: I believe in it and so do Abu Bakr and Umar believe.

Book 031, Number 5882:

This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Ibn Shihab with the same chain of transmitters, but there is no mention of the story pertaining to the ox.

Book 031, Number 5883:

This hadith has been transmitted on the authority of Zuhri, and there is a clear mention of the stories of ox and goat (and the words are): I believe in it and so do Abu Bakr and Umar, but they were not at that time present there.

Book 031, Number 5884:

This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira through another chain of transrritters.

Chapter 2: THE EXCELLENT QUALITIES OF 'UMAR (ALLAH BE PLEASED WITH HIM)
Book 031, Number 5885:

Ibn Abu Mulaika reported: I heard Ibn 'Abbas as saying: Wlien 'Umar b. Khatab was placed in the coffin the people gathered around him. They praised him and supplicated for him before the bier was lifted up, and I was one amongst them. Nothing attracted my attention but a person who gripped my shoulder from behind. I saw towards him and found that he was 'All. He invoked Allah's mercy upon 'Umar and said: You have left none behind you (whose) deeds (are so enviable) that I love to meet Allah with them. By Allah, I hoped that Allah would keep you and your two associates together. I had often heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: I came and there came too Abu Bakr and 'Umar; I entered and there entered too Abu Bakr and 'Umar; I went out and there went out too Abu Bakr and 'Umar, and I hope and think that Allah will keep you along with them.

Book 031, Number 5886:

This hadith has been narrated on the authority of 'Umar b. Sa'id with the same chain of transmitters.

Book 031, Number 5887:

Abu Sa'id Khudri reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as say ing: While I was asleep I saw people being presented to me (in a dream) and they wore shirts and some of these reached up to the breasts and some even beyond them. Then there happened to pass 'Umar b. Khattab and his shirt had been trailing. They said: Allah's Messeneer, how do you interpret the dream? He said: (As strength of) faith.

Book 031, Number 5888:

Hamza b. Abdullah b. 'Umar b. Khattab reported on the authority of his father that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: While I was asleep I saw (in a dream) a cup containing milk bein. presented to me. I took out of that until I perceived freshness being reflected through my nails. Then I presented the leftover to 'Umar b. Khattab. They said: Allah's Messenger: Fow do you interpret it? He said: This implies knowledge.

Book 031, Number 5889:

This hadith has beer. narrated on the authority of Yunus with the same chain of transmitters.

Book 031, Number 5890:

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: While I was asleep I saw myself on a well with a leathern bucket on a pulley. I drew (water) out of that as Allah wished me (to draw). Then the son of Abu Quhafa (Abu Bakr) drew from it one bucketful or two and there was some weakness in drawing that (may Allah forgive him). Then that bucket (changed into a large bucket) and Ibn Khattab drew it. I did not see any strongest man drawing it like 'Umar b. Khattab. He brought out so much water that the camels of the people had enough to drink and then laid down (for rest).

Book 031, Number 5891:

This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Yunus through another chain of transmitters.

Book 031, Number 5892:

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: I saw Ibn Abu Quhafa drawing (water) ; the rest of the hadith is the same.

Book 031, Number 5893:

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: While I was asleep I saw myself drawing water from my tank in order to quench the thirst of the people that there came to me Abu Bakr. He took hold of the leathern bucket from my hand so that he should serve water to the people. He drew two bucketfuls and there was some weakness in his drawing (Allah may forgive him). Then there came Ibn Khattab and he took hold of that, and I did not see a person stronger than he (drawing water) until the people went away with their thirst quenched and the tank filled with water.

Book 031, Number 5894:

Abdullah b. 'Umar reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: I saw (in a dream) as if I was drawing water with a leathern bucket on a wooden pulley. There came Abu Bakr and he drew out a bucketful or two and as he drew out, some weakness (was perceived in it) (may Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, forgive him). Then Umar came in order to serve water -and the bucket was changed into a large leather bucket and I did not see such a wonderful man amongst persons (drawing water) and he went on serving water to the people until they were fully satisfied and then went to their resting places.

Book 031, Number 5895:

Salim b. 'Abdullah reported on the authority of his father some of the dreams of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) pertaining to Abu Bakr and Umar b. Khattab (Allah be pleased with them) and a hadith like this.

Book 031, Number 5896:

Jabir reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: I entered Paradise and saw in it a house or a palace. I said: For whom is it resersred? They (the Angels) said: It is for 'Umar b. Khattab. (The Holy Prophet said to 'Umar b. Khattab): I intenied to get into it but I thought of your feelings. Thereupon 'Umar wept and said: Apostle of Allah, could I feel any jealousy in your case?

Book 031, Number 5897:

This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Jabir through another chain of transmitters.

Book 031, Number 5898:

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Wtiile'l was asleep I saw myself in Paradise and a woman performing ablution by the side of a palace. I said: For whom is it meant? They said: It is meant for 'Umar b. Khattab. (The Holy Prophet) said: There came across my mind the feeling of Umar and so I turned back and went away. Abu Huraira said: 'Umar wept as we were present in that meeting with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) amongst us and Umar said: Allah's Messenger, may my father and mother be taken as ransom for you. Could I at all feel any jealousy about you? This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Ibn Shihab with the same chain of transmitters.

Book 031, Number 5899:

Sa'd b. Waqqas reported that Umar sought permission from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) to visit him when some women of the Quraish were busy in talking with him and raising their voices above his Voiee. When'Umar sought permission they stood up and went hurriedly behind the curtain. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) gave him permission smilingly. Thereupon 'Umar said: Allah's Messenger, may Allah keep you happy all your life. Then Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: I wonder at these women who were with me and no sooner did they hear your voice, they immediately went behind the curtain. Thereupon 'Umar said: Allah's Messenger, you have more right that they should fear you. Then Umar (addressing the women) said: O ye enemies of yourselves, do you fear me and fear not the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him)? They said: Yes, you are harsh and strict as compared to the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him). Thereupon, Allah's Messenger (maypeace be upon him) said: By Him in Whose Hand is my life, if satan would encounter you in the way he would certainly take a different way from that of yours.

Book 031, Number 5900:

Abu Huraira reported that Umar b. Khattab came to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) while there were some women with him and they were raising their voices above the voice of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and when Umar sought permission to get into the house they went behind the curtain hurriedly. The rest of the hadith is the same.

Book 031, Number 5901:

A'isha reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: There had been among the people before you inspired persons and if there were any such among my Umma Umar b. Khattab would be one of them. Ibn Wahb explained the word Muhaddathun as those who receive hint from the High (Mulhamun).

Book 031, Number 5902:

This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Sa'd b. Ibrahim with the same chain of transmitters.

Book 031, Number 5903:

Ibn Umar reported Umar as saying: My lord concorded with (my judgments) on three occasions. In case of the Station of Ibrahim, in case of the observance of veil and in case of the prisoners of Badr.

Book 031, Number 5904:

Ibn Umar reported that when 'Abdullah b. Ubayy b. Salul (the hypocrite) died, his son Abdullah b. Abdullah came to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon -him) and asked him to give his shirt which should be used for the coffin of his father. He gave that to him. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) stood up to say prayer over him Thereupon I Umar caught hold of the clothe of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and said: Allah's Messenger, are you going to offer prayer, whereas Allah has forbidden to offer prayer for him, whereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Allah has given me a choice saying: Ask forgiveness for them or you may not ask for them; even if you ask for them seventy times, I will make an addition to the seventy. He was a hypocrite and Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said prayer over him that Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, revealed the verse:" And never pray over any one of them that has died and never should you stand by his grave" (ix. 84).

Book 031, Number 5905:

This hadith has been narrated on the authority of 'Ubaidullah with the same chain of transmitter but with the addition of the words:" He abandoned saying prayer over the hypocrites who had died."

Chapter 3: MERITS OF UTHAMN B. 'AFFAN (ALLAH BE PLEASED WITH HIM)
Book 031, Number 5906:

A'isha reported: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) was lying in the bed in my apartment with his thigh or his shank uncovered that Abu Bakr sought permission to get in. It was given to him and he conversed in the same very state (the Prophet's thigh or shank uncovered). Then 'Umar sought permission for getting in and it was given to him and he conversed in that very state. Then 'Uthman sought permission for getting in; Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) sat down and he set right his clothes. Mubammad (one of the narrators) said: I do not say that it happened on the same day. He ('Uthman) then entered and conversed and as he went out, A'isha said: Abu Bakr entered aind you did not stir and did not observe much care (in arranging your clothes), then 'Umar entered and you did not stir and did not arrange your clothes, then 'Uthman entered and you got up and set your clothes right, thereupon he said: Should I not show modesty to one whom even the Angels show modesty.

Book 031, Number 5907:

A'isha, the wife of Allah's Apostle (mav peace be upon him), and Uthman both reported that Abu Bakr sought permission from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) for entrance (in his apartment) as he had been lying on his bed covered with the bed-sheet of A'isha, and he gave permission to Abu Bakr in that very state and he, having his need fulfilled, went back. Then Umar sought permission and it was given to him in that very state and, after having his need fulfilled, he went back. And 'Uthman reported: Then I sought permission from him and he got up and raid to A'isha: Wrap yourself well with your cloth, then I got my need fulfilled and came back. And A'isha said: Allah's Messenger, why is it that I did not see you feeling any anxiety in case of dressing properly in the presence of Abu Bakr and 'Umar (Allah be pleased with them) as you showed in case of 'Uthman. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Verily Uthman is a person who is very modest and I was afraid that if I permitted him to enter in this very state he would not inform me of his need.

Book 031, Number 5908:

This hadith has been transmitted on the authority of Uthman and A'isha with the same wording.

Book 031, Number 5909:

Abu Musa al-Ash'ari reported that while Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) was in one of the gardens of Medina, reclining against a pillow and fixing a stick in a mud, that a person came asking for the gate to be opened, whereupon he said: Open it for him and give him glad tidings of Paradise and, lo, it was Abu Bakr. I opened (the gate) for him and gave him the glad tidings of Paradise. Then another person asked for the door to be opened, whereupon he said: Open it and give him the glad tidings of Piradise. He said: I went away and, lo, it was 'Umar. I opened it for him and gave him the glad tidings of Paradise. Then still another man asked for the door to be opened, and thereupon Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) said: Open it and give him the glad tidings of Paradise after a trial would afflict him. I went and, lo, it was 'Uthman b. 'Affan. 1 opened the door and gave him the glad tidings of Paradise and informed him (what the Holy Prophet had said). Thereupon he said: O Allah, grant me steadfastness. Allah is one Whose help is to be sought.

Book 031, Number 5910:

This hadith has been transmitted on the authority of Abu Musa al-Ash'ari with a slight variation of wording.

Book 031, Number 5911:

Abu Musa Ash'ari reported that he performed ablution in his house and then came out saying: I would remain with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) the whole day long. He came to the mosque, and asked about Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him). They (his Companions) said: He has gone in this direction. He (Abu Musa Ash'ari) said: I followed his steps asking about him until I came to Bi'r Aris (it is a well in the suburb of Medina). I sat by its wooden door until Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) had relieved himself and then performed ablution. I went to him and he was sitting with his shanks uncovered hp to the knees and his legs dangl- ing in that well. I offered him salutations. I then came back and sat at the door as if I had been a chamberlain at the door of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) that day. There came Abu Bakr and knocked the door and I said: Who is it? He said: This is Abu Bakr. I said: Wait, please. I went and said: Allah's Messenger, here is Abu Bakr seeking permission. Thereupon he said: Admit him and give him glad tidings of Paradise. I came and I said to Abu Bakr to get in (and also told him) that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) was giving him the glad tidings of Paradise. Abu Bakr got in and sat on the right side of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and dangled his feet in the well as Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) had done, and he uncovered his shanks. I then returned and sat there and I had left my brother as he had been performing ablution and he was to meet me and I said: If Allah would intend goodness for such and such he would intend goodness for his brother and He would bring him. I was thinking this that a person stirred the door. I said: Who is it. He said: This is Umar b., Khattab. I said: Wait. Then I came to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him), greeted him and said: Here is 'Umar seeking your. permission to get in. Thereupon he said: Let him come in and give him glad tid- ings of Paradise. I came to Umar and said: There is permission for you and glad tidings for you from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) for Paradise. He got in and sat on the left side of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) with his feet dangling in the well. I then returned and sat and said: If Allah would intend goodness for such and such (that is for his brother), He would bring him. And I was contemplat- ing over it that a man stirred the door and I said: Who is it? He said: This is Uthman b. Affan. I said: Wait, please. I then came to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and informed him. and he said: Admit him and give him glad tidings (and inform) him of the turmoil which he shall have to face. I came and said: Get in, Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) gives you the glad tidings of Paradise along with the trial which you shall have to face. He got in and saw the elevated plan round the well fully occupied. He sat on the other side. Sharik said that Sa'id b. al-Musayyib reported: I drew a conclusion from it that their groves would be (in this very state, the graves of Hadrat Abu Bakr, 'Umar Faruq by the tide of the Holy Prophet [may peace be upon him] and the grave of Hadrat 'Uthman away from their graves).

Abu Musa. reported: I set out with the intention (of meeting) Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and came to know that he had gone to the gardens (in the suburb of Medina). I followed him and found him in a garden sitting upon an elevated place round the well with his shanks uncovered which had been dangling in the well. The rest of the hadith is the same but with this variation that there is no mention of the words of Sa'id: all drew a conclusion from it pertaining to their graves."

Book 031, Number 5912:

Sa'id b. al-Musayyib reported Abu Musa Ash'ari having said that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) set out one day to the suburbs of Medina for reliev- ing himself. I followed his steps. The rest of the hadith is the same. Ibn Musayyib said: I concluded (from the manner of their sitting) the (order) of their graves. (The three) would be together (the graves of the Holy Prophet, Hadrat Abu Bakr and Hadrat Umar) and that of 'Uthman would be separate (from them).

Chapter 4: THE MERITS OF 'ALI B. ABI TALIB (ALLAH BE PLEASED WITH HIM)
Book 031, Number 5913:

Amir b Sa'd b. Abi Waqqas reporte (l on the authority of his father that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) addressing 'All said: You are in the same position with relation to me as Aaron- (Harun) was in relation to Moses but with (this explicit difference) that there is no prophet after me. Sa'd said: I had an earnest desire to hear it directly from Sa'd, so I met him and narrated to him what (his son) Amir had narrated to me, whereupon he said: Yes, I did hear it. I said: Did you hear it yourself? Thereupon he placed his fingers upon his ears and said: Yes, and if not, let both my ears become deaf.

Book 031, Number 5914:

Sa'd b. Abi Waqqas reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) left 'Ali b. Abi Talib behind him (as he proceeded) to the expedition of Tabuk, whereupon he ('Ali) said: Allah's Messenger, are you leaving me behind amongst women 4nd children? Thereupon he (the Holy Prophet) said: Aren't you satisfied with being unto me what Aaron was unto Moses but with this exception that there would be no prophet after me.

Book 031, Number 5915:

This hadith has been narrated. on the authority of Shu'ba with the same chain of transmitters. Amir b. Sa'd b. Abi Waqqas reported on the authority of his father that Muawiya b. Abi Sufyin appointed Sa'd as the Governor and said: What prevents you from abusing Abu Turab (Hadrat 'Ali), whereupon be said: It is because of three things which I remember Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) having said about him that I would not abuse him and even if I find one of those three things for me, it would be more dear to me than the red camelg. I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) say about 'Ali as he left behind hrin in one of his campaigns (that was Tabuk). 'All said to him: Allah's Messenger, you leave me behind along with women and children. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said to him: Aren't you satisfied with being unto me what Aaron was unto Moses but with this exception that there is no prophethood after me. And I (also) heard him say on the Day of Khaibar: I would certainly give this standard to a person who loves Allah and his Messenger and Allah and his Messenger love him too. He (the narrator) said: We have been anxiously waiting for it, when he (the Holy Prophet) said: Call 'Ali. He was called and his eyes were inflamed. He applied saliva to his eyes and handed over the standard to him, and Allah gave him victory. (The third occasion is this) when the (following) verse was revealed:" Let us summon our children and your children." Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) called 'Ali, Fitima, Hasan and Husain and said: O Allah, they are my family.

Book 031, Number 5916:

Sa'd reported Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying to 'Ali: Aren't you satisfied with being unto me what Aaron was unto Moses?

Book 031, Number 5917:

Suhail reported on the authority of Abu Huraira that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said on the Day of Khaibar: I shall certainly give this standard in the hand of one who loves Allah and his Messenger and Allah will grant victory at his hand. Umar b. Khattab said: Never did I cherish for leadership but on that day. I came before him with the hope that I may be called for this, but Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) called 'Ali b. Abu Talib and he conferred (this honour) upon him and said: Proceed on and do not look about until Allah grants you victory, and 'Ali went a bit and then halted and did not look about and then said in a loud voice: Allah's Messenger, on what issue should I fight with the people? Thereupon he (the Prophet) said: Fight with them until they bear testimony to the fact that there is no god but Allah and Muhammad is his Messenger, and when they do that then their blood and their riches are inviolable from your hands but what is justified by law and their reckoning is with Allah.

Book 031, Number 5918:

Sahl b. Sa'd reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said on the Day of Khaibar: I would certainly give this standard to a person at whose hand Allah would grant victory and who loves Allah and His Messenger and Allah and His Messenger love him also. The people spent the night thinking as to whom it would be given. When it was morning the people hastened to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) all of them hoping that that would be given to him. He (the Holy Prophet) said: Where is 'Ali b. Abu Talib? They said: Allah's Messenger, his eyes are sore. He then sent for him and he was brought and Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) applied saliva to his eyes and invoked blessings and he was all right, as if he had no ailment at all, and coraferred upon him the standard. 'Ali said: Allah's Messenger, I will fight them until they are like us. Thereupon he (the Holy Prophet) said: Advance cautiously until you reach their open places, thereafter invite them to Islam and inform them what is obligatory for them from the rights of Allah, for, by Allah, if Allah guides aright even one person through you that is better for you than to possess the most valuable of the camels.

Book 031, Number 5919:

Salama b. Akwa' reported that it was 'Ali whom Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) left behind him (in the charge of his family and the Islamic State) on the occasion of the campaign of Khaibar, and his eyes were inflamed and he said: Is it for me to remain behind Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him)? So he went forth and rejoined Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) and on the evening of that night (after which) next morning Allah granted victory. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: I will certainly give this standard to a man whom Allah and His Messenger love. or he said: Who loves Allah or His Messenger and Allah will grant him victory through him, and, lo, we saw 'Ali whom we least expected (to be present on that occasion). They (the Companions) said: Here is 'Ali. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon hin) gave him the standard. Allah granted victory at his hand.

Book 031, Number 5920:

Yazid b. Hayyan reported, I went along with Husain b. Sabra and 'Umar b. Muslim to Zaid b. Arqam and, as we sat by his side, Husain said to him: Zaid. you have been able to acquire a great virtue that you saw Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) listened to his talk, fought by his side in (different) battles, offered prayer behind me. Zaid, you have in fact earned a great virtue. Zaid, narrate to us what you heard from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him). He said: I have grown old and have almost spent my age and I have forgotten some of the things which I remembered in connection with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him), so accept whatever I narrate to you, and which I do not narrate do not compel me to do that. He then said: One day Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) stood up to deliver sermon at a watering place known as Khumm situated between Mecca and Medina. He praised Allah, extolled Him and delivered the sermon and. exhorted (us) and said: Now to our purpose. O people, I am a human being. I am about to receive a messenger (the angel of death) from my Lord and I, in response to Allah's call, (would bid good-bye to you), but I am leaving among you two weighty things: the one being the Book of Allah in which there is right guidance and light, so hold fast to the Book of Allah and adhere to it. He exhorted (us) (to hold fast) to the Book of Allah and then said: The second are the members of my household I remind you (of your duties) to the members of my family. He (Husain) said to Zaid: Who are the members of his household? Aren't his wives the members of his family? Thereupon he said: His wives are the members of his family (but here) the members of his family are those for whom acceptance of Zakat is forbidden. And he said: Who are they? Thereupon he said: 'Ali and the offspring of 'Ali, 'Aqil and the offspring of 'Aqil and the offspring of Ja'far and the offspring of 'Abbas. Husain said: These are those for whom the acceptance of Zakat is forbidden. Zaid said: Yes.

Book 031, Number 5921:

This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Zaid b. Arqam through another chain of transmitters.

Book 031, Number 5922:

This hadith has been transmitted on the authority of Abu Hayyan but with this addition:" The Book of Allah contains right guidance, the light, and whoever adheres to it and holds it fast, he is upon right guidance and whosoever deviates from it goes astray.

Book 031, Number 5923:

Yazid b. Hayyan reported: We went to him (Zaid b. Arqam) and said to him. You have found goodness (for you had the honour) to live in the company of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and offered prayer behind him, and the rest of the hadith is the same but with this variation of wording that lie said: Behold, for I am leaving amongst you two weighty things, one of which is the Book of Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, and that is the rope of Allah. He who holds it fast would be on right guidance and he who abandons it would be in error, and in this (hadith) these words are also found: We said: Who are amongst the members of the household? Aren't the wives (of the Holy Prophet) included amongst the members of his house hold? Thereupon he said: No, by Allah, a woman lives with a man (as his wife) for a certain period; he then divorces her and she goes back to her parents and to her people; the members of his household include his ownself and his kith and kin (who are related to him by blood) and for him the acceptance of Zakat is prohibited.

Book 031, Number 5924:

Sahl b. Sa'd reported that a person from the offspring of Marwan was appointed as the governor of Medina. He called Sahl b. Sa'd and ordered him to abuse All Sahl refused to do that. He (the governor) said to him: If you do not agree to it (at least) say: May Allah curse Abu Turab. Sahl said: There was no name dearer to All than Abu Turab (for it was given to him by the Holy Prophet himself) and he felt delighted when he was called by this name. He (the governor) said to him: Narrate to us the story of his being nanied as Abu Turab. He said: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) came to the house of Fatima and he did not find 'Ali in the house; whereupon he said: Where is your uncle's son? She said: (There cropped up something) between me and him which had annoyed him with me. He went out and did not rest here. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said to a person to find out where he was. He came and said: Allah's Messenger, he is sleeping in the mosque. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) came to him and found him lying in the mosque and saw that his mantle had slipped from his back and his back was covered with dust and Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) began to wipe it away from him (from the body of Hadrat 'Ali) saying: Get up, covered with dust; get up, covered with dust.

Chapter 5: MERITS OF SA'D B. ABI WAQQAS (ALLAH BE PLEASED WITH HIM)
Book 031, Number 5925:

'A'isha reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace he upon him) lay on bed during one night and said: Were there a pious person from amongst my companions who should keep a watch for me during the nightt? She said: We heard the noise of arms, whereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Who is it? And Sa'd b. Abi Waqqas said: Allah's MesseDger. I have come to serve as your sentinel. 'A'isha said: Allah' s Messenger (may peace be upon him) slept (such a sound sleep) that I heard the noise of his snoring.

Book 031, Number 5926:

'A'isha reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace he upon him) laid down on bed during one night on his arrival at Medina and said: Were there a pious person from amongst my Companions who should keep a watch for me durin. the night? She (A'isha) reported: We were in this state that we heard the clanging noise of arms. lie (the Holy Prophet) said: Who is it? He said: This is Sa'd b. Abi Waqqas. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said to him: What brings you here? Thereupon he said: I harboured fear (lest any harm should come to) Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him), so I came to serve as your sentinel. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) invoked blessings upon him. He then slept. This hadith has been transmitted on the authority of Ibn Rumh with a slight variation of wording.

Book 031, Number 5927:

'Abdullah b. 'Amir b. Rabi reported A'isha as saying: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) went to bed one night; the rest of the hadith is the same.

Book 031, Number 5928:

'Abdullah b. Shaddad reported that he heard 'Allahs saying: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) did not gather his parents except in case of Sa'd b. Malik that he said to him on the Day of Ubud: Shoot an arrow, may my father and mother be taken as ransom for you.

Book 031, Number 5929:

This hadith has been narrated on the authority of 'Ali through another chain of transmitters.

Book 031, Number 5930:

Sa'd b Abi Waqqqs said: Allah's Messenger (may peace he upon him) gathered his parents for me on the Day of Uhud.

Book 031, Number 5931:

This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Yabyl b. Sa'id with the same chain of transmitters.

Book 031, Number 5932:

'Amir b. Sa'd reported oLi the authority of his father that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) gathered for him on the Day of Uhud his parents when a polytheist had set fire to (i. e. attacked fiercely) the Muslims. Thereupon Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) said to him: (Sa'd), shoot an arrow, (Sa'd), may my mother and father be taken as ransom for you. I drew an arrow and I shot a featherless arrow at him aiming his side that lie fell down and his private parts were exposed. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) laughed that I saw his front teeth.

Book 031, Number 5933:

Mus'ab b. Sa'd reported on the authority of his father that many verses of the Qur'an had been revealed in connection with him. His mother Umm Sa'd had taken oath that she would never talk with him until he abandoned his faith and she neither ate nor drank and said: Allah has commanded you to treat well your parents and I am your mother and I command you to do this. She passed three days in this state until she fainted because of extreme hunger and at that time her son whose name was Umara stood up and served her drink and she began to curse Sa'd that Allah, the Exalted and Glorions, revealed these verses of the Holy Qur'an:" And We have enjoined upon a person goodness to his parents but if they contend with thee to associate (others) with Me of which you have no knowledge, then obey them not" (xxix. Cool ; Treat thein with customary good in this world" (xxxi. 15). He also reported that there fell to the lot of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) huge spoils of war and there was one sword in them. I picked that up and came to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and said: Bestow this sword upon me (as my share in the spoils of war) and you know my state. Thereupon he said: Return it to the place from where you picked it up. I went back until I decided to throw it in a store but my soul repulsed me so I came back and asked him to give that sword to me. He said in a loud voice to return it to the place from where I had picked it up. It was on this occasion that this verse was revealed:" They asked about the spoils of war" (viii. 1). He further said: I once fell ill and sent a message to Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him). He visited me and I said to him: Permit me to distribute (in charity) my property as much as I like. He did not agree. I said: (Permit me to distribute) half of it. He did not agree. I said: (Permit me to distribute) the third part, whereupon he kept quiet and it was after this (that the distribution of one's property in charity) to the extent of one-third was held valid. He further said: I came to a group of persons of the Ansir and Muhajirin and they said: Come, so that we may serve you wine, and it was before the use of wine had been prohibited. I went to them in a garden and there had been with them the roasted head of a camel and a small water-skin containing wine. I ate and drank along with them and there came under discussion the Ansr (Helpers) and Muhajirin (immigrants). I said: The immigrants are better than the Ansar, that a person picked up a portion of the head (of the camel and struck me with it that my nose was injured. I came to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and informed him of the situation that Aliah, the Exalted and Glorious, revealed verses pertaining to wine:" Intoxicants and the games of chance and (sacrificing to) stones set up and (divining by) arrows are only an uncleanliness, the devil's work" (v. 90).

Book 031, Number 5934:

This hadith has been transmitted on the authority of Simak and the hadith transmitted on the authority of Shu'ba (the words are): When they intended to feed her (Sa'd'. s mother), they opened her mouth with the help of a stick and then put the feed in her mouth, and in the same hadith the words are: He struck the nose of Sa'd and it was injured and Sa'd had (the mark) of wound on his nose.

Book 031, Number 5935:

Sa'd reported: This verse was revealed in relation to six persons and I and Ibn Mas'ud were amongst them. The polytheists said to him (the Holy Prophet): Do not keep such persons near you. It was upon this that (this verse was revealed):" Drive not away those who call upon their Lord morning and evening desiring only His pleasure" (vi. 52).

Book 031, Number 5936:

Sa'd reported: We were six men in the company of Allah's Messenger (, nay peace be upon him) that the polytheists said to Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him): Drive them away so that they may not be overbold upon us. He said: I, Ibn Mas'ud and a person from the tribe of Hudhail, Bilal and two other persons, whose names I do not know (were amongst such persons). And there occurred to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) what. Allah wished and he talked with himself that Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, revealed:" Do not drive away those who call their Lord morning and evening desiring to seek His pleasure."

Chapter 6: THE MERITS OF ZUBAIR AND TALHA (ALLAH BE PLEASED WITH BOTH OF THEM)
Book 031, Number 5937:

Abu 'Uthman reported on one of the days when Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) was fighting and none remained with him save Talha and Sa'd.

Book 031, Number 5938:

Jabir b. Abdullah reported: I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) exhorting people on the Day of the Battle of the Ditch to fight. Zubair said: I am ready (to participate). He then again exhorted and he again said: I am ready to participate. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Behold. for every Prophet there is a helper and my helper is Zubair.

Book 031, Number 5939:

Jabir reported this hadith through another chain of transmitters.

Book 031, Number 5940:

'Abdullah b. Zubair reported on the Day of the Battle of the Trench: I and Umar b. Abu Salama were with women folk in the fort of Hassan (b. Thabit). He at one time leaned for me and I cast a glance and at anothertime I leaned for him and he would see and I recognised my father as he rode on his horse with his arms towards the tribe of Quraizah. 'Abdullah b. 'Urwa reported from Abdullah b. Zubair: I made a mention of that to my father, whereupon he said: My son, did you see me (on that occasion)? He said: Yes. Thereupon he said: By Allah, Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) addressed me saying: I would sacrifice for thee my father and my mother.

Book 031, Number 5941:

'Abdullah b. Zubair reported: When it was the Day of the Battle of the Ditch I and 'Umar b. Salama were in the fort in which there were women, i. e. the wives of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) ; the rest of the hadith is the same.

Book 031, Number 5942:

Abu Huraira reported: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) was upon the mountain of Hira, ' and there were along with him Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman. 'Ali, Talha, 'Zubair, that the mountain stirred; thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Be calm, there is none upon you but a Prophet, a Fiddle (the testifier of truth) and a Martyr.

Book 031, Number 5943:

Abu Huraira reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) was on the mountain of Hira' that it stirred; thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Hira! be calm, for there is none upon you but a Prophet, a Siddiq, a Shahid, and there were upon it Allah's Prophet (may peace be upon him), Abu Bakr, 'Umar, Uthman, 'Ali, Talha, Zubair, Sa'd b. Abi Waqqas (Allah be pleased witli them).

Book 031, Number 5944:

Hisham reported on the authority of his father ('Urwa b. Zubair) that A'isha said: BY Allah, both fathers of yours are amongst those who have been men. tioned in this verse:" Those who responded to the call of Allah and the Messenger after the misfortune had fallen upon thein".

Book 031, Number 5945:

This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Hishan through the same chain of transmitters but with this addition (that by both fathers of yours) he meant Abu Bakr and Zubair.

Book 031, Number 5946:

'Urwa reported: 'Aisha said to me: Your fathers (Zubair and Abu Bakr) were amongst those about whom (it has been revealed):" Those who responded to the call of Allah and His Messenger after the misfortune had fallen upon them."

Chapter 7: THE MERITS OF ABU 'UBAIDA B. JARHAH (ALLAH BE PLEASED WITH HIM)
Book 031, Number 5947:

Anas reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: For every Umma there is a man of trust and the man of trust of this Umma is Abu 'Ubaida b. Jarrah.

Book 031, Number 5948:

Anas reported that the people of Yemen came to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and said: Send with us a person who should teach us Sunnah and al-Islam, whereupon he (the Holy Prophet) caught hold of the hand of Ubaida and said: He is a man of trust of this Umma.

Book 031, Number 5949:

Hudhaifa reported that the people of Najran came to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and said: Allah's Messenger, send along with us a man of trust; whereupon he said: I would definitely send to you a man of trust, a man of trust in the true sense of the term. Thereupon his Companions looked up eagerly and he sent Abu Ubaida b. Jarrah.

Book 031, Number 5950:

This hadith has been reported on the authority of Abu Ishaq with the same chain of transmitters.

Chapter 8: THE MERITS OF HASAN AND HUSAIN (ALLAH BE PLEASED WITH BOTH OF THEM)
Book 031, Number 5951:

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying to Hasan: O Allah, behold, I love him. Thou too love him and love one who loves him.

Book 031, Number 5952:

Abu Huraira reported: I went along with Allalh's Messenger (may peace be upon him) at a time during the day but he did not talk to me and I did not talk to him until he reached Bazar of Banfi Qainuqal. He came back to the tent of Fatima and said: Is the little chap (meaning Hasan) there? We were under the impression that his mother had detained him in order to bathe him and dress him and garland him with a sweet garland. Not much time had passed that he (Hasan) came running until both of them embraced each other, thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: O Allah, I love him; love him Thou and love one who loves him (Hasan).

Book 031, Number 5953:

Al-Bara' b. Azib reported: I saw Hasan b. 'Ali upon the shoulders of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) and he was saying: O Allah, I love him, and love him Thou.

Book 031, Number 5954:

Iyas reported on the authority of his father: I (had the honour of) leading the white mule on which rode Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) and with him were Hasan and Husain, till it reached the apartment of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him). The one amongst them was seated before him and the other one was seated behind him.

Chapter 9: THEE MERITS OF THE FAMILY OF THE PROPHET (MAY PEACE BE UPON HIM)
Book 031, Number 5955:

'A'isha reported that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) went out one norning wearing a striped cloak of the black camel's hair that there came Hasan b. 'Ali. He wrapped hitn under it, then came Husain and he wrapped him under it along with the other one (Hasan). Then came Fatima and he took her under it, then came 'Ali and he also took him under it and then said: Allah only desires to take away any uncleanliness from you, O people of the household, and purify you (thorough purifying)

Chapter 10: MERITS OF ZAID b. HARI'TH AND USAMA b. ZAID (ALLAH BE PLEASED WITH THEM)
Book 031, Number 5956:

Salim b. 'Abdullah reported on the authority of his father: We were in the habit of calling Zaid b. Harith as Zaid b. Muhammad until it was revealed in the Qur'an:" Call them by the names of their fathers. This is more equitable with Allah" (This hadith has been transmitted on the authority of Qutaiba b. Sa'd)

Book 031, Number 5957:

This hadith has been narrated on the authority 'Abdullah through another chain of transmitters.

Book 031, Number 5958:

Ibn 'Umar reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) sent an expedition and appointed Usama b. Zaid as its chief. The people objected to his command, whereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) stood up and said: You object to his command and before this you objected to the command of his father (Zaid). By Allah, he was fit as the commander and he was one of the dearest of persons to me and after him, behold! this one (Usama) is one of the dearest of persons to me.

Book 031, Number 5959:

Salim reported on the authority of his father that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said on the pulpit: You object to the command of Usima b. Zaid as you had objected before to the command of his father (Zaid). By Allah, he was most competent for it and, by Allah, he was dearest to me amongst people and, by Allah, the same is the case with Usama b. Zaid. He is most dear to me after him and I advise you to treat him well for he is pious amongst you.

Chapter 11: THE MERITS OF'ABDULLAH B. JA'FAR (ALLAH BE PLEASED WITH HIM)
Book 031, Number 5960:

Abdullah b. Abu Mulaika reported that Abdullah b. Jafar said to Ibn Zubair: Do you remember (the occasion) when we three (i. e. I, you and lbn 'Abbas) met Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and he mounted us (on his camel) but left you? He said: Yes.

Book 031, Number 5961:

This hadith has been transmitted on the authority of Habib b. Ash-Shahid.

Book 031, Number 5962:

Abdullah b. Ja'far reported that when Allah's Messenger (may peace be, upon him) came back from a journey, the children of his family used to accord him welcome. It was in this way that once he came back from a journey and I went to him first of all. He mounted me before him. Then there came one of the two sons of Fatima and he mounted him behind him and this is how we three entered Medina riding on a beast.

Book 031, Number 5963:

Abdullah b. Ja'a'far reported that when Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) came back from a journey he met us. Once he met me, Hasan or Husain, and he mounted one of us before him and the other one behind him until we entered Medina.

Book 031, Number 5964:

Abdullah b. Ja'far reported that one day Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) mounted me behind him and narrated to me something in secret which I would narrate to none amongst people.

Chapter 12: THE MERITS OF HADRAT KHADIJA, MOTHER OF THE FAITHFUL (ALLAH BE PLEASED WITH HER)
Book 031, Number 5965:

Abdullah b. Ja'far reported that he heard 'All say in Kulfa that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: The best of the women of her time was Mary, daughter of 'Imran, and the best of the women of her time was Khadija, daughter of khuwailid. Abu Kuraib said that Wakil pointed towards the sky and the earth

Book 031, Number 5966:

Abu Musa reported Allali's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: There are many persons amongst men who are quite perfect but there are not perfect amongst women except Mary, daughter of 'Imran, Asiya wife of Pharaoh, and the excellence of 'A'isha as compared to women is that of Tharid over all other foods.

Book 031, Number 5967:

Abu Huraira reported that Gabriel came to Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) and said: Allah's Messenger, lo. Khadija is coming to you with a vessel of seasoned food or drink. When she comes to you, offer her greetings from her Lord, the Exalted and Glorious, and on my behalf and give her glad tidings of a palace of jewels in Paradise wherein there is no noise and no toil. This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira through another chain of transmitters with a slight variation of wording.

Book 031, Number 5968:

Ismail reported: I said to 'Abdullah b. Abi Aufa: Did Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) give glad tidings of Paradise to Khadija? He said: Yes. He did give glad tidings to her of a palace of jewels in Paradise wherein there would be no noise and no toil.

Book 031, Number 5969:

This hadith has been narrated on the a tliority of Ibn Abi Aufa through other chains of transmitters.

Book 031, Number 5970:

'A'isha reported that Allali's, Messenger (may peace he upon him) gave grid tidings to Khadija int Khuwailid of a palace in Paradise.

Book 031, Number 5971:

'A'isha reported: Never did I feel jealous of any woman as I was jealous of Khadija. She had died three years before he (the Holy Prophet) married me. I often heard him praise her, and his lord, the Exalted and Glorious, had commanded him to give her the glad tidings of a palace of jewels in Paradise: and whenever he slaughtered a sheep he presented (its meat) to her female companions.

Book 031, Number 5972:

'A'isha reported: Never did I feel jealous of the wives of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) but in case of Khadija, although I did no, (have the privilege to) see her. She further added that whenever Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) slaughtered a sheep, he said: Send it to the companions of Khadija I annoyed him one day and said: (It is) Khadija only who always prevails upon your mind. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Her love had been nurtured in my heart by Allah Himself.

Book 031, Number 5973:

This hadith has been transmitted on the authority of Abu Usama up to the slaughtering of a sheep, but he. did not make mention of the subsequent words.

Book 031, Number 5974:

'A'isha reported: Never did I feel jealous of any wife amongst the wives of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as I feel in case of Khadija (though I had never seen her), for he praised her very often.

Book 031, Number 5975:

'A'isha reported that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) did not marry any other woman till her (Khadija's) death.

Book 031, Number 5976:

A'isha reported that Hala b. Khuwailid (sister of Khadija) sought permission from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) to see him and he was reminded of Khadija's (manner of) asking leave to enter and (was overwhelmed) with emotions thereby and said: O Allah, it is Hala, daughter of Khuwailid, and I felt jealous and said: Why do you remember one of those old women of the Quraish with gums red and who is long dead-while Allah has given you a better one in her stead?

Chapter 13: THE MERITS OF 'A'ISHA (ALLAH BE PLEASED WITH HER)
Book 031, Number 5977:

'A'isha reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) having said: I saw you in a dream for three nights when an angel brought you to me in a silk cloth and he said: Here is your wife, and when I removed (the cloth) from your face, lo, it was yourself, so I said: If this is from Allah, let Him carry it out.

Book 031, Number 5978:

This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Hisham with the same chain of transmitters.

Book 031, Number 5979:

'A'isha reported: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said to me: I can well discern when you are pleased with me and when you are annoyed with me. I said: How do you discern it? Thereupon be said: When you are pleased with me you say;" No, by the Lord of Muhammad," and when you are annoyed with me, you say:" No, by the Lord of Ibrahim." I said: Allah's Messenger, by Allah, I in fact leave your name (when I am annoyed with you).

Book 031, Number 5980:

This hadith has been reported on the authority of Hishim b. 'Urwa with the same chain of transmitters up to the words:" No, by the Lord of Ibrahim," and he did not make mention of what follows subsequently.

Book 031, Number 5981:

'A'isha reported that she used to play with dolls in the presence of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and when her playmates came to her they left (the house) because they felt shy of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him), whereas Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) sent them to her.

B
Back to top Go down
https://islam4u.ahlamontada.com

Page 1 of 1