islam4u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
islam4u

islamic, social, cultural

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Prophet Abraham, Jesus and muhammad (Pbuh)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Prophet Abraham, Jesus and muhammad (Pbuh) Empty
PostSubject: Prophet Abraham, Jesus and muhammad (Pbuh)   Prophet Abraham, Jesus and muhammad (Pbuh) EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 7:34 am

COMPARATIVE RELIGION

To understand the Creator’s Master Plan for mankind is beyond our imagination. However, we can examine the blueprints of that Master Plan for the period of our history that has already passed. Unfolding the events that have transpired centuries ago, we can discover some interesting facts. It was God’s Master Plan that kept apart Ishmael and Isaac, the two sons of Abraham, and created two separate branches. The “Great Nation” that God had promised to make through Ishmael (Gen. 21:13/18), who had settled in the wilderness of Paran (the deserts of Arabia) (Gen. 21:21), has become the fastest growing religion today. God revealed to Isaiah His plan for creating a religion with a new scripture, to destroy the idolatry in Arabia.

One day in c.1919 B.C.E., a man who had been known to his tribe for the last 99 years by the name of Abram, father of exaltation, was asked by the Creator to change his name to Abraham, father of multitude, (peace be upon him). None could have imagined what the Supreme Designer had planned for an old man, who had only one son at that age. The Almighty God alone knew that this wandering nomad would become the patriarch of Judaism, Christianity and Islam. A triune of religions that would encompass more than half the population of the world, by the turn of the twentieth century. We do not know how high these population figures will rise by the turn of the coming century. Will the three children of Abraham (Jews, Christians and Muslims), be united under one Banner and one Principle, before that date? A Principle that was established by the patriarch himself, at the risk of his own life. A Principle that expects the Children of Abraham to submit to One God and Him Alone.

God makes separate promises to Abraham for his two wives: Abraham’s wife Hagar receives the following favour: And also of the son of the bondsman, I will make a nation also, because he {is} thy seed. Gen. 21:13

Ishmael (Ar. Ismail), was born to Hagar when Abraham was 86 years old. (Gen. 16:16). Ishmael married a daughter of the Jorhamite prince Mudad and she gave him an illustrious son named Kedar (Ar. Qaidar). Kedar was the ancestor of Adnan (Ar. Qais), who was the progenitor of the tribes of Northern Arabia and the forebearer of the Prophet of Islam. God’s promise for making a nation also from the descendant of Ishmael was fulfilled, and the Nation of Islam was created. Abraham’s wife Sarah receives the following favour: And I will bless her, and give thee a son also of her: yea, I will bless her, and she shall be {a mother} of nations; kings of people shall be of her. Gen. 17:16

Isaac (Ar. Ishaq), was born to Sarah when Abraham was 100 years old. (Gen. 21:5). God’s promise was fulfilled, when from the descendants of Isaac, came King Saul, King David and King Solomon. The Nation of Judaism and the Nation of Christianity had their roots in Isaac - the second son of Abraham. God makes one significantly important promise to Abraham: This portentous favour bestowed upon Abraham and his One Son, happens to be the key that unlocks the mystery of God’s Master Plan. This eternal Divine Blessing for all the nations of the earth was through a seed of the son of Abraham, who had accompanied his father and passed God’s test of Supreme sacrifice. The events thus become a pivotal part of the human history for Jews, Christians and Muslims. The details of this exceptional blessing were recorded in the Bible as under: And said, By Myself have I sworn, saith the Lord, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only {son}: That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which {is} upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies; And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed My Voice. (Gen. 22:16/18)
Back to top Go down
https://islam4u.ahlamontada.com

Page 1 of 1