islam4u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
islam4u

islamic, social, cultural

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A Leaf from Prophet's (Pbuh) Life : The Promise of Paradise

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

A Leaf from Prophet's (Pbuh) Life : The Promise of Paradise Empty
PostSubject: A Leaf from Prophet's (Pbuh) Life : The Promise of Paradise   A Leaf from Prophet's (Pbuh) Life : The Promise of Paradise EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 8:54 am

A Leaf from Prophet's (Pbuh) Life : The Promise of Paradise

In the last issue we described the treaty of Aqabah. The full impact of that treaty was felt only years later when Islam was established as a religion in the peninsula.

The Quraish had foreseen the danger to their hegemony. The convenant of Aqabah, they imagined, would help the Holy Prophet (Pbuh) to get a stronghold in Madinah. It would render the Muslims safe against attack and give them freedom to practice their new faith, to preach it to the others, and to welcome the new converts under their protection. The Quraish though that unless the new movement was uprooted and destroyed completely, the future for them would be very bleak.

To the Holy Prophet (Pbuh) on the other hand, the convenant was a clear indication that Allah had unlocked the doors before him in order to bring power and glory to Islam. The Ansars or helpers from Madinah, had made a binding oath to serve Islam. At Aqabah the holy Prophet (Pbuh) has declared;

“I make with you this pact on condition that the allegiance you pledge me shall bind you to protect me even as you protect your women and your children.”

A man from the Ansar had said. “By him who sent you with the truth, we will protect you as we protect them. So accept the pledge of our allegiance, O Messenger of God, for we are men of war, possessed of arms that have been handed down from father to son.” Another man said; “O messenger of God, there are ties between us and other men”, ( he meant the Jews) “and we are willing to serve them. But might it not be that if we do this, and if then God gives you victory, you will return to your people and leave us?” The holy Prophet (Pbuh) smiled and said. “I am yours and you are mine. I will war against those who war against you. I will make peace with those who make peace with you.” Then the Ansars asked, “What will be our reward O Prophet of God (Pbuh). “The reward,” he said, “Is paradise.”

Thus the treaty of Aqabah was sealed with the promise of paradise as reward for those of the Ansar who would struggle with the Prophet (Pbuh) in the way of Allah.

The First emigrants began for leave Makkah for their new bode in Madinah. The Quraish did everything they could to stop the emigration, but did not succeed. Their determination to stop the emigrants took a new shape in the form of a plot against the holy Prophet (Pbuh). They were now desperate to stop the growth of Muslim power.
Companions of the Prophet (Pbuh) : Hazrath Abu Bak'r Siddiq

One companion of the holy Prophet (Pbuh) had the supreme honour of being his closest friend. Indeed, it is an honour for which millions of Muslims would readily give their lives. The man who enjoyed that privilege was called Abu Bak’r (t)

Abu Bak’rs real name was Abdullah and he was born two years after the birth of the holy Prophet (Pbuh). As Abdullah grew up his patronymic name, Abu Bak’r, became so famous that people stopped calling him Abdullah.

Abu Bak’rs virtuous qualities are proverbial. Few people could match him for honesty, integrity, true friendship and above all charity. He possessed all the qualities that make a man useful to society. No one, with the exception of the holy Prophet (Pbuh) himself, could excel him in the virtue of charity. The oft repeated story of the Tabuk expedition is perhaps the greatest example of his charitable nature.

The stage was set for the Tabuk expedition and the holy Prophet (Pbuh) had sent word to the Muslims to contribute towards the cause. People came froward with whatever they could spare by way of money and goods. Hazrath Abu Bak’r brought everything that he possessed. When the holy Prophet (Pbuh) asked him, “What did you leave for your family?” Abu Bak’r said, “I have left for them Allah and his Prophet”. The other companions marvelled at this deed of charity and admitted that they could never surpass that feat.

Abu Bak’r was the first man outside the family of the holy Prophet (Pbuh) to accept Islam. When he died as the first Caliph of Islam he had done his best to spread the word of Allah.

The incident of Miraj occurred in the 10th year of the holy Prophet’s (Pbuh) mission. He narrated his Ascension to the people in the morning. The disbelieving people came to Abu Bak’r (t) and said, “Have you heard your friend? He is claiming that he visited Jerusalem and the Sublime Throne in the heavens last night and talked with Allah Almighty. Would you believe it? Do you believe that he visited all these places and came back within a small part of the night?” He replied, “Of course I believe it and I believe the things that are farther than that, that is the news of Hell and Paradise.”

This unshakable faith earned Abu Bak’r the title of Assiddiq (the truthful and sincere in faith).

On the occasion of the Hijra (migration) to Madinah, the holy Prophet (Pbuh) hid in the cave of Thaur for three days. This critical incident is mentioned in the holy Qur’an and Abu Bak’r Siddiq is honoured for having been with the holy Prophet (Pbuh) in these difficult times; “When the disbelievers drove him out; he had no more than one companion. They were two in the cave. And he said to his companion; “Have no fear for Allah is with us.” Then Allah sent down His peace upon him.

Abu Bak’r Siddiq’s considerable wealth was spent in buying the freedom of the poor Muslims in Makkah. Muslim slaves were the worst sufferers at the hands of non-Muslim masters. Hazrath Bilal, one of the most famous companions of the holy Prophet (Pbuh), was a slave, whose freedom was bought by Hazrath Abu Bak’r Siddiq.

Abu Bak’r Siddiq also had the honour of leading the prayers at the Prophet’s (Pbuh) Mosque in Madinah. It was the usual practice of the holy Prophet (Pbuh) to lead the prayers but after the farewell pilgrimage when the holy prophet (Pbuh) suffered his last illness, Hazrath Abu Bak’r Siddiq was given the honour of leading the prayers.

Abu Bak’r’s unbounded love for the holy Prophet (Pbuh) was well known. He was his dearest friend, father-in-law, and first successor. When he was summoned to his daughter’s apartment after the Prophet’s (Pbuh) death, he said these memorable words; “You are my father and my mother, O Apostle of God, most sweet in life, most sweet in death.”

One incident which occurred in the life of Hazrath Abu Bak’r Siddiq perhaps will establish his true nobility. Abu Huraira reported that Allah’s Messenger’s (Pbuh) asked, “who amongst you is fasting today?” Abu Bak’r replied; “It is I”. He again asked, “Who amongst you has followed the bier today?” Abu Bak’r said, “It is I”. The holy Prophet (Pbuh) again asked, “who amongst you has served food to the needy? “Abu Bak’r said, “It is I”, Thereupon Allah’s messenger (Pbuh) said; “He who combines in himself all these (noble qualities and virtues) must enter paradise.” (Muslim)
Six Fasts of Shawwal

The six fasts of Shawwal are observed during the month of Shawwal - the month immediately after Ramadan.

It is Mustahabb to keep these fasts wherein great rewards are earned. By adding the six days of fasting during Shawwal to the fasting of Ramadan it will earn a reward of a full year’s fasting, Insha Allah.

These fasts may be kept consecutively or at intervals during the month of Shawwal, i.e. spread out over the month.

Hadrath Abu Ayyoub (R.A) narrates that Rasulullah (Pbuh) said, “Whoever fasted the full month of Ramadan and then follows it with the six fasts of Shawwaal, is like a person who has fasted the full year.” (Targheeb)
Flowers from the Lips of Hazrath Ali (R.A.)
Hisham Zoubeir

Silence is the best reply to a fool,
Humility is the outcome of knowledge,
To assist the wrong is to oppress the right,
Friendship is impossible with a liar,
Enmity is the occupation of fools,
Pride impedes progress and mars greatness,
Boasting issues from small minds,
None is more respected than a pious man,
Your tongue will speak out what it is accustomed to,
One’s behaviour is the index to one’s mind.
Peace

True peace should only be enjoyed
if our brothers are living in peace too

Any man who prays for peace in solitude
but lifts not a finger to stop an aggression on
his brethren, is no better than a lamp post

God help those who care and help others
Our prayers are meaningless without action

True! words of prayers have the power
to move hearts but action is where it all starts

Still, peace can only be enjoyed
if no one starts a war!