islam4u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
islam4u

islamic, social, cultural

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

FROM ISLAMIC HISTORY

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

FROM ISLAMIC HISTORY Empty
PostSubject: FROM ISLAMIC HISTORY   FROM ISLAMIC HISTORY EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 5:00 pm

Once a lady came to King Abdul Aziz asking him to apply capital punishment against one of his followers. She said that the accused man had killed her husband. The culprit was present and she pointed him out.

King Abdul Aziz asked his friend about the incident and the man confessed but he said that it was unintentional because he had been on the top of a palm tree and he fell down on the man who died because of the impact.

King Abdul Aziz, being a wise ruler, said to the lady that such incidents could happen and since this was an accident she should accept blood money in compensation. But the lady refused that and insisted on killing the killer.

King Abdul Aziz tried to persuade her to accept the money but she was adamant. The King Abdul Aziz, said, “since your husband was killed by the fall of this man from a palm tree, you can take your revenge in the same way. We will leave the man under a palm tree and you will climb that tree jump on him to kill him as he killed your late husband, if you want justice.” The lady was stunned and said in consequence, “O.K. I accept the blood money”!
HISTORY
* 660: Hadrat Ali recaptures Hijaz and Yemen from Mu’awiyah. Mu’awiyah declares himself as the Caliph at Damascus.

* 661: Martyrdom of Hadrat Ali. Accession of Hadrat Hasan and his abdication. Mu’awiyah becomes the sole Caliph.

* 662: Khawarij revolts.

* 666: Raid of Sicily.

* 670: Advance in North Africa. Uqba b Nafe founds the town of Qairowan in Tunisia. Conquest of Kabul.

* 672: Capture of the island of Rhodes. Campaigns in Khurasan.

* 674: The Muslims cross the Oxus. Bukhara becomes a vassal state.

* 677: Occupation of Sarnarkand and Tirmiz. Siege of Constantinople.

* 680: Death of Muawiyah. Accession of Yazid. Tragedy of Kerbala and martyrdom of Hadrat Hussain.

* 682: In North Africa Uqba b Nafe marches to the Atlantic, is ambushed and killed at Biskra. The Muslims evacuate Qairowan and withdraw to Burqa.

* 683: Death of Yazid. Accession of Mu’awiyah II.

* 684: Abdullah b Zubair declares himself as the Caliph at Makkah. Marwan I becomes the Caliph’ at Damascus. Battle of Marj Rahat.

* 685: Death of Marwan I. Abdul Malik becomes the Caliph at Damascus. Battle of Ain ul Wada.

* 686: Mukhtar declares himself as the Caliph at Kufa.

* 687: Battle of Kufa between the forces of Mukhtar and Abdullah b Zubair. Mukhtar killed.

* 691: Battle of Deir ul Jaliq. Kufa falls to Abdul Malik.

* 692: The fall of Makkah. Death of Abdullah b Zubair. Abdul Malik becomes the sole Caliph.

* 695: Khawarij revolts in Jazira and Ahwaz. Battle of the Karun. Campaigns against Kahina in North Africa. The’ Muslims once again withdraw to Barqa. The Muslims advance in Transoxiana and occupy Kish.
Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
Knowledge of God is may Capital;
Reason is the Root of my Faith;
Love is my Foundation;
Enthusiasm is my Horse;
Remembrance of God is my Friend;
Firmness is my Treasure;
Sorrow is my Companion;
Science is my Weapon;
Patience is my Mantle;
Contentment is my Booty;
Poverty is my Pride;