islam4u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
islam4u

islamic, social, cultural

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A Leaf from Prophet's (Pbuh) Life :

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

A Leaf from Prophet's (Pbuh) Life : Empty
PostSubject: A Leaf from Prophet's (Pbuh) Life :   A Leaf from Prophet's (Pbuh) Life : EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 6:06 am

A Leaf from Prophet's (Pbuh) Life :
Al Miraj

The night as the Holy Prophet (Pbuh) lay sleeping, he was woken by the Archangel Gabriel. The Prophet (Pbuh) sat up and the Archangel took hold of his arm and led him to the door of the Mosque where there was a mysterious animal for him to ride. That animal came to be known as the Buraqq, a magical steed.

The Holy Prophet (Pbuh) mounted the animal and, with the Archangel Gabriel at his side, was transported from Makkah to the Mosque called Al-Aqsa, in far away Jerusalem. There the Prophet (Pbuh) was the Imam in a congregational prayer which included among other Prophets, Abraham, Moses and Jesus (Pbuh). Then the Holy Prophet (Pbuh) ascended to the Heavens where he saw the splendours of paradise and the horrors of Hell. Later the angels took the Holy Prophet (Pbuh) through the seven Heavens one by one. In his journey across the heavens he saw some of the Prophets (Pbuh) who had come before him in their earthly missions.

The greatest moment in the life of the Holy Prophet (Pbuh) arrived when he was admitted into the divine presence of Allah himself. He was instructed to order his community to observe ‘salat’ fifty times a day.

In the words of the Holy Prophet (Pbuh) himself, this is how the incident occurred which resulted in the five daily prayer becoming obligatory on Muslims: “Allah enjoined fifty prayer on my followers. When I returned with this order of Allah, I passed by Moses (Pbuh) who asked me, “what has Allah enjoined on your followers.” I replied, He has enjoined fifty prayers on them. Moses said. Go back to your Lord (and appeal for reduction) for your followers will not be able to bear it. (So I went back to Allah and requested for reduction) and He reduced it to half, when I passed by Moses again, I informed him about it, he said, Go back to your Lord as your followers will not be able to bear it. So I returned to Allah and requested for further reduction and half of it was reduced. I again passed by Moses and he said to me: Return to your Lord, for your followers will not be able to bear it. So I returned to Allah and He said. These are five prayers and they are all (equal to) fifty (in reward) for My word does not change. I returned to Moses and he told me to go back once again. I replied, Now I feel shy of asking my Lord again. (Reported by Ibn Hazm and Anas bin Malik .. Bukhari).

The morning after the Prophet’s (Pbuh) return to Makkah he related the events of the night before. “By God! This is ridiculous! A caravan takes a month to go to Syria and a month to return! Can you do that long journey in a single night!” When Abu Bakr heard the news he exclaimed. “By Allah, if Muhammad (Pbuh) himself has said so, then it true. Remember, the Prophet (Pbuh) tells us that the word of Allah comes to him directly from heaven to earth at any hour by day or night, and we believe him. Is not that a greater miracle than what you are now doubting?”

This spontaneous belief in the Prophet’s (Pbuh) truthfulness earned Abu Bakr the title of ‘Al Siddiq’ or the “one who supports the truth. Others also began to believe the Prophet’s (Pbuh) story when he went on to describe two caravans he had seen on his way back to Makkah. He told the doubters where he had seen the caravans, what they were carrying and when they would arrive in Makkah. And that the Prophet (Pbuh) had said was borne out when the caravans arrived at the time he said they would be, carrying all that he has described.

The Qur’an also speaks of the Night Journey; “Glory be to Him, who carried His servant by night from the Holy Mosque to the far distant place of worship, which we have blessed, that we might show him some of our signs. He, only He is the All Hearing, the All-Seeing.” (Qur’an 17:1)

Adapted from “The life of the Prophet Muhammad” (Pbuh) by Leila Azzam and Aisa Gouverneur.
Companions of the Prophet (Pbuh) : Hazrat Abdullah Bin Abbas

Three years before the Hijra, Hazrath Abbas, the uncle of the holy Prophet (Pbuh) became the father of a handsome little boy. His name was Abdullah. But he later came to be better known as ‘Ibn Abbas’ or ‘the son of Abbas.’

Much as Abdullah bin Abbas liked to fight in the holy wars against the pagans, he was not allowed to as he was much below the prescribed age of fifteen years. Perhaps this was just as well, for he was destined to distinguish himself in the field of letters. Abdullah bin Abbas became one of the greatest commentators of the Holy Qur’an. “Tafsir Ibn Abbas” as it is known, is one of the most prized possessions of the Muslim people.

While still a child, Abdullah bin Abbas would often visit the Holy Prophet (Pbuh). The Prophet (Pbuh) himself had a special liking for his little cousin.

One night when the Holy Prophet (Pbuh) prepared to perform salat, Abdullah bin Abbas stood behind him with the intention of praying in the company of the Holy Prophet (Pbuh) himself. The Prophet (Pbuh) noticing this pulled ‘Abdullah bin Abbas to his side and began to pray. No sooner had the Prophet (Pbuh) started reciting the verses when Abdullah bin Abbas moved a step back to his original position behind the Holy Prophet (Pbuh). When the Prophet (Pbuh) inquired about his behaviour Abdullah bin Abbas replied “O Prophet (Pbuh) of Allah, who could have the audacity to stand in line with the Prophet of Allah at the time of prayers?” The Prophet (Pbuh) was so pleased at the answer that he prayed to Allah, “O Allah, bless this lad with great knowledge and increase him in intellect and wisdom”.

That prayer of the Holy Prophet (Pbuh) was to be answered and Abdullah bin Abbas grew up to be one of the foremost religious scholars whose opinion was sought by the rulers of nations. It is said that all the pious caliphs of Islam used to consult him in delicate matters. Abdullah bin Abbas, may Allah be pleased with him, is remembered by posterity for his contribution to Islam and is honoured as one of the heroes of Islam.
Are Good and Bad the Same?
A.Ibrahim, Amini.

We all understand the meaning of good and bad, and it is easy to distinguish a good person from a bad one. A good person has good manners, good behaviour, is honest and truthful, loves justice and is polite and trustworthy. But a bad person has bad manners and bad behaviour, tells lies and bullies other people, and is impolite and deceitful. Of course, we do find some good in a mainly bad person, and likewise, some bad in mainly good people (referring to the Chinese Philosophy of ‘Yin Yang). But still, good and bad can never come under the same category.

Here are some questions that are posed by some of our non-Muslim brothers: Will Allah reward the people who do good deeds? Is it in this world that good people are rewarded? Is it in this world that the bad people are punished? Why do we sometimes find good people suffer for no fault of theirs? Where do people find recompense for their actions?

Islam has a simple and logical answer to these queries. Allah, who has created this world, has also created another world which we call the hereafter. In that world, the good people are separated from the bad ones and each group receives the recompense of its actions. If there was no hereafter, the good people would have no motive and no reason to perform good deeds, and no motive to refrain from bad deeds.

If there was no hereafter, the call of the prophets would be futile and pointless. Good and bad would have no real meaning. If there was no hereafter, our lives would be of no use and our creation would be purposeless.

Do you think that Allah has created us just to live in this world for a few days, just to eat and drink, to sleep and to wear clothes, and then to die, with nothing more? Do you think that this is all we should live for? And that Allah, who has done nothing in vain, has created us merely for this? A person who refuses to believe in the hereafter is either deceiving himself or is too far engrossed in his materialistic thoughts to come out of his cocoon of selfishness.

In the Qur’an we are told, “Your creation was not in vain, you have been created to live in this world and perform the best kind of deeds, and to strive towards goodness and perfection. Then, after your life in the world, you will be taken to the hereafter, where you will receive the result of your deeds”.

The hereafter is a place where the good are separated from the bad. The people who have performed acts of goodness in their lives will be allowed into paradise, where they will live in happiness and bliss for ever. Allah is pleased with them and they too are pleased with the many blessings of Allah. But the bad and the irreligious people are sent to hell, where they receive the punishment for their evil deeds. Allah is angry with them and they live in suffering and pain, and that is the result of their own deeds, and what they deserve.
Ramadan Quiz

1) The meaning of Zakat is _____________________.

2) The meaning of Saum (siyam) is ___________________.

3) Ramadan falls in _______________ month of Hijra calendar

4) The Festival after Ramadan Faster is called ___________________.

5) Qur'an was revealed on the blessed night of ______________

6) Recommended night prayers during the month of Ramadan is called _______________.

7) In Ramadan Muslims fasts from _____________ to.

Cool The first battle fought is the month of Ramadan _________.

9) The intention to fast in Ramadan should be made before ___________.

10) I'tikaf is performed in the last ___________ days of Ramadan.

11) I'tikaf is done in the ___________________.

12) The night of Lailatul Qadr is better than a _____________ months.

13) It is recommended to fast ___________ days of the month of Shawwal.

14) The fast of Ramadan is ___________ on both men and women.

15) Sadqatul fitr should be given before _____________ and is obligatory on all.

16) The required amount of Sadaqat ul fitr is ______________ Kgs of wheat.

17) There are ________________ categories of the beneficiaries of Zakat.
Answers to Ramadan Quiz

1. Purity
2. to abstain from
3. ninth
4. Eidul Fitr
5. Lailatul Qadr
6. Tarawih
7. Dawn to dusk
8. Badr
9. Fajr

10. ten
11.Mosque
12. thousand
13. six
14. obligatory
15. Eid prayer
16. Approx 3 kgs
17. Eight.

Ettiquettes of the Masjid

Perform Wudhu and go to the Masjid with the intention of Salaat. All the time spent waiting for Salaat with Jamaat to commence will be rewarded like being in Salaat. The Malaaikah also make Du’aa for the one who waits in the Masjid.

If it is not Makrooh time, perform two Rakaats Tahiyyatul Masjid before sitting down. Read third Kalimah if it is Makrooh time.

One should not raise one’s voice in the Masjid.

Do not talk of worldly affairs. Talking of worldly affairs in the Masjid destroys one’s rewards just as flames consume dry wood.

One should not pass in front of a person performing Salaat.

One should not argue over a particular place in the Masjid.

One should avoid spitting or blowing one’s nose in the Masjid.

One should at all times keep the body Taahir (Paak).

Keep oneself occupied with the remembrance of Allah.

If one has lost something, it should not be announced in the Masjid.

Food with strong odour should not be eaten before coming to the Masjid. Smokers should be mindful of their offensive odour and the discomfort it causes others. The Malaaikah are annoyed by all those things which annoy human beings.

One whose clothing has an offensive smell because of excessive sweating, etc. should remove the smell or change the clothing before entering the Masjid.

Dhikr and Quran recital should be made in such a manner as not to disturb others.

The fingers should not be cracked.

One should sit respectfully in the Masjid without stretching the legs towards the Qibla.

No act which distracts others should be committed in the Masjid.
Ramadan Dairy
Complied by : Muqith Mkujtaba Ali.

Conferment of Prophethood on Muhammad (Pbuh) as humanity’s last and final Messenger and the commencement of the revelation of Al-Qur’an in the Cave of Hira.

Acceptance of Islam by Khadija-bint-Khuwailid, the beloved wife of Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh).

Death of Abu Talib, uncle of Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh) in the 10th year of Prophethood.

Death of Khadija (R.A) on 10 Ramadan in the 10th year of Prophethood.

17 Ramadan 2 A.H. Battle of Badr Zakah made compulsory.

8th year of Hijra Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh) sent Khalid-bin-Walid, Amr bin al As and Sa’d bin Zaid (R.A) to demolish the idols Al-Uzza, Su’wah and Manat respectively.

9th year of Hijra Expedition of Tabook and acceptance of Islam by Banu Saqeef.

10th year of Hijra Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh) sent Hazrat Ali (R.A) in military expedition to Yemen and particularly to the tribe of Hamdan - the tribe which came into Islam’s fold in a single day - and who offered prayers behind Hazrat Ali (R.A).

11th A.H death of Fatima (R.A), the beloved daughter of Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh).

17 Ramadan 40 A.H. killing of Hazrath Ali (R.A) by the Kharijite Abdul Rahman bin Muljim al Hameeri.

53 A.H. Victory of Arabs over Rhodes Islands.

58 A.H. death of Hazrat Ayesha (R.A), the beloved wife of the Prophet of Islam.

91 A.H. landing of Muslims on the southern coast in Spain which paved the way for conquest of Iberian peninsula.

92 A.H. Triumph of the Muslim leader Tariq ibn Ziyaad over the King Rodrieque in a decisive combat.

129 A.H. Appearance and emergence of the Dawah of Ibn Abbas in Kharasaan under the leadership of Abu Muslim al Kharasaani.

132 A.H. Fall of Umayya dynasty and empowerment of Abbasid dynasty.

361 A.H. Al Azhar University construction got completed and dedicated to the worship and obedience of Allah and for learning.

584 A.H. The triumph of Salahuddin Ayyubi over the crusaders.

Ramadan is Around the Bend !
Amina Dawood (amina@iafrica.com)

Ramadan is once more around the bend
which means putting sins to an end;
The Masjids will suddenly be full
while the smoker won’t take his toxic pull;
All the Muslims will be on the fast
while those who are ‘fast’, their sins will cast;
The heart will get rid of its rust
and the barely-used-Qura’ns of its dust;
Women will eagerly don their cloaks
which for them, the rest of the year, was a joke;