islam4u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
islam4u

islamic, social, cultural

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Slaughtering a black ram to ward off diseases

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Slaughtering a black ram to ward off diseases Empty
PostSubject: Slaughtering a black ram to ward off diseases   Slaughtering a black ram to ward off diseases EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 3:57 pm

Reference: qsep.com

Q: I have an old-aged female relative who is accustomed to slaughter a black male goat every year. She thinks that if she does that, some of her diseases will be cured. Whenever she is asked about the reason for doing this, she answers that it is a Sadaqah (voluntary charity). Her children also support her in doing this. Please advise us on the ruling of this act.

A: Slaughtering based on this belief along with determining a certain color for the slaughtered animal at a specific time is not permissible. This is because believing that such an act cures diseases is a corrupt belief. If the slaughtered animal is intended for the Jinn (creatures created from fire) or Satan, this will be an act of major Shirk (associating others with Allah in His Divinity or worship).

Therefore, you should advise this woman or any other person acting the same way to abandon that and repent to Allah (Exalted be He) for doing it, for Allah (Glorified and Exalted be He) is the Only One Who removes distresses and prevents diseases.

Allah (Exalted be He) says, "Say: “Tell me then, the things that you invoke besides Allâh ? if Allâh intended some harm for me, could they remove His harm? Or if He (Allâh) intended some mercy for me, could they withhold His Mercy?” Say: “Sufficient for me is Allâh; in Him those who trust (i.e. believers) must put their trust.)” [Surah Al-Zumar, 39: 38]

May Allah grant us success! May peace and blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad, his family and Companions!

Permanent Committee for Scholarly Research and Ifta'

Member Member Member Chairman
Bakr Abu Zayd Salih Al-Fawzan `Abdullah ibn Ghudayyan `Abdul-`Aziz ibn `Abdullah Al Al-Shaykh

Permanent Committee Fatwas: Group two > Volume 1: (`Aqidah) > Tawhid-ul-Uluhiyyah > Slaughtering a black ram to ward off diseases: Fatwa no. 21405

.................................................................................

Q1: It is customary for our fellow Bedouins that when someone builds a new house or buys a new car, he slaughters an animal. It is believed that this will protect the house or the car against destruction or envy. When we advise people, they say it is a charity.

A: It is not permissible to slaughter an animal with such intention. Moreover, if the person slaughters it intending to draw closer to the Jinn to ward off their harm, it will be considered an act of major Shirk (associating others with Allah in His Divinity or worship).

Allah (Exalted be He) states, "Say (O Muhammad sallallahu alaihe wasallam): "Verily, my Salât (prayer), my sacrifice, my living, and my dying are for Allâh, the Lord of the ‘Alamîn (mankind, jinn and all that exists). He has no partner." [Surah Al-An`am, 6: 162-163]

May Allah grant us success! May peace and blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad, his family and Companions!

Permanent Committee for Scholarly Research and Ifta'
Back to top Go down
https://islam4u.ahlamontada.com

Page 1 of 1