islam4u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
islam4u

islamic, social, cultural

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Remembrance before sleeping

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Remembrance before sleeping Empty
PostSubject: Remembrance before sleeping   Remembrance before sleeping EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 9:45 pm

.28أذكار النوم

(95) ‘When retiring to his bed every night, the Prophet (S) would hold his palms together, spit (A form of spitting comprising mainly of air with little spittle) in them, recite the last three chapters (Al-Ikhlas, Al-Falaq, An-Nas) of the Quran and then wipe over his entire body as much as possible with his hands, beginning with his head and face and then all parts of the body, he would do this three times.’

(95) يَجْمَعُ كَفَّيْهِ ثُمَّ يَنْفُثُ فِيْهِمَا فَيَقْرَأُ: بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمَنِ الرَّحِيْمِ {قُلْ هُوَ اللَّه أَحَدٌ * اللَّه الصَّمَدُ * لَمْ يَلِدْ وَلَمْ يُولَدْ * وَلَمْ يَكُن لَّهُ كُفُواً أَحَدٌ} بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمَنِ الرَّحِيْمِ {قُلْ أَعُوذُ بِرَبِّ الْفَلَقِ * مِنْ شَرِّ مَا خَلَقَ * وَمِن شَرِّ غَاسِقٍ إِذَا وَقَبَ * وَمِنْ شَرِّ النَّفَّاثَاتِ فِي الْعُقَدِ * وَمِنْ شَرِّ حَاسِدٍ إِذَا حَسَدَ } بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمَنِ الرَّحِيْمِ {قُلْ أَعُوذُ بِرَبِّ النَّاسِ * مَلِكِ النَّاسِ * إِلَهِ النَّاسِ * مِن شَرِّ الْوَسْوَاسِ الْخَنَّاسِ * الَّذِي يُوَسْوِسُ فِي صُدُورِ النَّاسِ * مِنَ الْجِنَّةِ وَالنَّاسِ } ثُمَّ يَمْسَحُ بِهِمَا مَا اسْتَطَاعَ مِنْ جَسَدِهِ يَبْدَأُ بِهِمَا عَلَى رَأْسِهِ وَوَجْهِهِ وَمَا أَقْبَلَ مِنْ جَسَدِهِ ( يَفْعَلُ ذَلِكَ ثَلاثَ مَرَّاتٍ )

(96) The Prophet (S) also said: ‘When you are about to sleep recite ayat-al-kursee (The verse of the foot-stool, chapter 2:255) till the end of the verse for there will remain over you a protection from Allah and no devil will draw near to you until morning.’

(Al-Lāhu Lā 'Ilāha 'Illā Huwal-Ĥayyul-Qayyūmu Lā Ta'khudhuhu Sinatun Wa Lā Nawm …) [Al-Baqarah:255]

(96) {اللّهُ لاَ إِلَـهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ الْحَيُّ الْقَيُّومُ لاَ تَأْخُذُهُ سِنَةٌ وَلاَ نَوْمٌ لَّهُ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الأَرْضِ مَن ذَا الَّذِي يَشْفَعُ عِنْدَهُ إِلاَّ بِإِذْنِهِ يَعْلَمُ مَا بَيْنَ أَيْدِيهِمْ وَمَا خَلْفَهُمْ وَلاَ يُحِيطُونَ بِشَيْءٍ مِّنْ عِلْمِهِ إِلاَّ بِمَا شَاء وَسِعَ كُرْسِيُّهُ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضَ وَلاَ يَؤُودُهُ حِفْظُهُمَا وَهُوَ الْعَلِيُّ الْعَظِيمُ }

(97) The Prophet (S) also said: ‘Whoever recites the last two verses of Soorat Al-Baqarah at night, those two verses shall be sufficient for him (i.e. protect him from all that can cause him harm).’

('āmanar-Rasūlu Bimā 'Unzila 'Ilayhi Min Rabbihi Wal-Mu'uminūn…) [Al-Baqarah: 285-286]
(97) )'āmana Ar-Rasūlu Bimā 'Unzila 'Ilayhi Min Rabbihi Wa Al-Mu'uminūna ...

(97) {آمَنَ الرَّسُولُ بِمَا أُنزِلَ إِلَيْهِ مِن رَّبِّهِ وَالْمُؤْمِنُونَ كُلٌّ آمَنَ بِاللّهِ وَمَلآئِكَتِهِ وَكُتُبِهِ وَرُسُلِهِ لاَ نُفَرِّقُ بَيْنَ أَحَدٍ مِّن رُّسُلِهِ وَقَالُواْ سَمِعْنَا وَأَطَعْنَا غُفْرَانَكَ رَبَّنَا وَإِلَيْكَ الْمَصِيرُ * لاَ يُكَلِّفُ اللّهُ نَفْساً إِلاَّ وُسْعَهَا لَهَا مَا كَسَبَتْ وَعَلَيْهَا مَا اكْتَسَبَتْ رَبَّنَا لاَ تُؤَاخِذْنَا إِن نَّسِينَا أَوْ أَخْطَأْنَا رَبَّنَا وَلاَ تَحْمِلْ عَلَيْنَا إِصْراً كَمَا حَمَلْتَهُ عَلَى الَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِنَا رَبَّنَا وَلاَ تُحَمِّلْنَا مَا لاَ طَاقَةَ لَنَا بِهِ وَاعْفُ عَنَّا وَاغْفِرْ لَنَا وَارْحَمْنَا أَنتَ مَوْلاَنَا فَانصُرْنَا عَلَى الْقَوْمِ الْكَافِرِينَ }

‘If one of you rises from his bed and then returns to it he should dust it with the edge of his garment three times for he does not know what has occurred in his absence and when he lies down he should supplicate:

(98) ‘In Your name my Lord, I lie down and in Your name I rise, so if You should take my soul then have mercy upon it, and if You should return my soul then protect it in the manner You do so with Your righteous servants.’
(98) Biāsmika Rabbī Wađa`tu Janbī Wa Bika 'Arfa`uhu Fa'in 'Amsakta Nafsī Fārĥamhā Wa 'In 'Arsaltahā Fāĥfažhā Bimā Taĥfažu Bihi `Ibādaka Aş-Şāliĥīna.

(98) بِاسْمِكَ رَبِّي وَضَعْتُ جَنْبِي، وَبِكَ أَرْفَعُهُ، فَإِنْ أَمْسَكْتَ نَفْسِي فَارْحَمْهَا، وَإِنْ أَرْسَلْتَهَا فَاحْفَظْهَا بِمَا تَحْفَظُ بِه ِِ عِبَادَكَ الصَّالِحِيْنَ.

(99) ‘O Allah, verily You have created my soul and You shall take it’s life, to You belongs it’s life and death. If You should keep my soul alive then protect it, and if You should take it’s life then forgive it. O Allah, I ask You to grant me good health.’
(99) Al-Lahumma 'Innaka Khalaqta Nafsī Wa 'Anta Tawaffāhā Laka Mamātuhā Wa Maĥyāhā 'In 'Aĥyaytahā Fāĥfažhā Wa 'In 'Amattahā Fāghfir Lahā. Al-Lahumma 'Innī 'As'aluka Al-`Āfiyata.

(99) اللَّهمَّ إِنَّكَ خَلَقْتَ نَفْسِي وَأَنْتَ تَوَفَّاهَا لَكَ مَمَاتُهَا وَمَحْيَاهَا، إِنْ أَحْيَيْتَهَا فَاحْفَظْهَا، وَإِنْ أَمَتَّهَا فَاغْفِرْ لَهَا. اللَّهمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ العَافِيَةَ.

The Prophet (S) would place his right hand under his cheek when about to sleep and supplicate:
(100) Al-Lahumma Qinī `Adhābaka Yawma Tab`athu `Ibādak. (three times) (100) Al-Lahumma Qinī `Adhābaka Yawma Tab`athu `Ibādaka. 3 times
(100) اللَّهمَّ قِنِي عَذَابَكَ يَوْمَ تَبْعَثُ عِبَادَكَ.

(ثَلاثا)ً

(101) ‘In Your name O Allah, I live and die.’
(101) Biāsmika Al-Lahumma 'Amūtu Wa 'Aĥyā.
(101) بِاسْمِكَ اللَّهمَّ أَمُوْتُ وَأَحْيَا.

(102) ‘Shall I not direct you both (The Prophet (S) was addressing Ali and Fatimah-may Allah be pleased with them- when they approached him for a servant) to something better than a servant? When you go to bed say:

Subĥānal-Lāh. (thirty-three times)
Al-Ĥamdu Lillāh. (thirty-three times)
Allāhu 'Akbar. (thirty-four times)

…for that is indeed better for you both than a servant.’
(102) Subĥāna Al-Lhi. (33 times) Al-Ĥamdu Llhi.
(33 times) Allāhu 'Akbaru (34 times)

(102) سُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ.
(ثَلاثا ً وَثَلاثِيْن) الحَمْدُ للهِ.
(ثَلاثا ً وَثَلاثِيْن) اللَّهُ أَكْبَرُ.
(أَرْبَعا ً وَثَلاثِيْن)

(103) ‘O Allah, Lord of the seven heavens and the exalted throne, our Lord and Lord of all things, Splitter of the seed and the date stone, Revealer of the Tawrah, the Injeel and the Furqan, I take refuge in You from the evil of all things You shall seize by the forelock (i.e. You have total mastery over). O Allah, You are The First so there is nothing before You and You are The Last so there is nothing after You.You are Aththahir so there is nothing above You and You are Al-Batin so there is nothing closer than You.Settle our debt for us and spare us from poverty.’

Tawrah: The book revealed to Moosa (A).

Injeel: The book revealed to Easa (A).

Furqan: One of the many names of the Quran, means: The Criterion which distinguishes between truth and falsehood.

Aththahir: Indicates the greatness of His attributes and the insignificance of every single creation in respect to His greatness and Highness, for He is above all of His creation as regards His essence and attributes.

Al-Batin: Indicates His awareness and knowledge of all secrets, of that which is in the hearts and the most intimate of things just as it indicates His closeness and nearness to all in a manner which befits His majesty.
(103) Al-Lahumma Rabba As-Samawāti As-Sab`i Wa Rabba Al-`Arshi Al-`Ažīmi Rabbanā Wa Rabba Kulli Shay'in Fāliqa Al-Ĥabbi Wa An-Nawá Wa Munazzila At-Tawrāati Wa Al-'Injīli Wa Al-Furqāni 'A`ūdhu Bika Min Sharri Kulli Shay'in 'Anta 'Ākhidhun Bināşiyatihi. Al-Lahumma 'Anta Al-'Awwalu Falaysa Qablaka Shay'un Wa 'Anta Al-'Ākhiru Falaysa Ba`daka Shay'un Wa 'Anta Až-Žāhiru Falaysa Fawqaka Shay'un Wa 'Anta Al-Bāţinu Falaysa Dūnaka Shay'un Aqđi `Annā Ad-Dayna Wa 'Aghninā Mina Al-Faqri.

(103) اللَّهمَّ رَبَّ السَّمَوَاتِ السَّبْعِ وَرَبَّ العَرْشِ العَظِيْمِ، رَبَّنَا وَرَبَّ كُلِّ شَيء، ٍ فَالِقَ الحَبِّ وَالنَّوَى، وَمُنَزِّلَ التَّوْرَاةِ وَالإِنْجِيْلِ، وَالفُرْقَانِ، أَعُوْذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ كُلِّ شَيءٍ أَنْتَ آخِذ ٌ بِنَاصِيَتِهِ. اللَّهمَّ أَنْتَ الأَوَّلُ فَلَيْسَ قَبْلَكَ شَيء، ٌ وَأَنْتَ الآخِرُ فَلَيْسَ بَعْدَكَ شَيء، ٌ وَأَنْتَ الظَّاهِرُ فَلَيْسَ فَوْقَكَ شَيء، ٌ وَأَنْتَ البَاطِنُ فَلَيْسَ دُوْنَكَ شَيء، ٌ اقْضِ عَنَّا الدَّيْنَ وَأَغْنِنَا مِنَ الفَقْرِ.

(104) ‘All praise is for Allah, Who fed us and gave us drink, and Who is sufficient for us and has sheltered us, for how many have none to suffice them or shelter them.’
(104) Al-Ĥamdu Lillāhi Al-Ladhī 'Aţ`amanā Wa Saqānā Wa Kafānā Wa 'Āwānā Fakam Mimman Lā Kāfiya Lahu Wa Lā Mu'uwī.
(104) الحَمْدُ للهِ الَّذِي أَطْعَمَنَا وَسَقَانَا، وَكَفَانَا، وَآوَانَا، فَكَمْ مِمَّنْ لا كَافِيَ لَه ُُ وَلا مُؤْوِي.

(105) ‘O Allah, Knower of the seen and the unseen, Creator of the heavens and the earth, Lord and Sovereign of all things I bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped except You. I take refuge in You from the evil of my soul and from the evil and shirk of the devil, and from committing wrong against my soul or bringing such upon another Muslim.’

shirk: to associate others with Allah in those things which are specific to Him. This can occur in (1) belief, e.g. to believe that other than Allah has the power to benefit or harm, (2) speech, e.g. to swear by other than Allah and (3) action, e.g. to bow or prostrate to other than Allah.
(105) Al-Lahumma `Ālima Al-Ghaybi Wa Ash-Shahādati Fāţira As-Samāwāti Wa Al-'Arđi Rabba Kulli Shay'in Wa Malīkahu 'Ash/hadu 'An Lā 'Ilāha 'Illā 'Anta 'A`ūdhu Bika Min Sharri Nafsī Wa Min Sharri Ash-Shayţāni Wa Shirkihi Wa 'An 'Aqtarifa `Alá Nafsī Sū'āan 'Aw 'Ajurrahu 'Ilá Muslim.in

(105) اللَّهمَّ عَالِمَ الغَيْبِ وَالشَّهَادَةِ فَاطِرَ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ رَبَّ كُلِّ شَيء ٍ وَمَلِيْكَهُ، أَشْهَدُ أَنْ لا إِلَهََ إِلاَّ أَنْتَ، أَعُوْذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ نَفْسِي، وَمِنْ شَرِّ الشَّيْطَانِ وَشِرْكِهِ، وَأَنْ أَقْتَرِفَ عَلَى نَفْسِي سُوْءاً أَوْ أَجُرَّهُ~ُ إِلَى مُسْلِم.ٍ

(106) ‘The Prophet (S) never used to sleep until he had recited Soorat As-Sajdah (chapter 32) and Soorat Al-Mulk (chapter 67).’
(106) "يَقْرَأُ سُوْرَةَ السَّجْدَةِ {ألم }، وَسُوْرَةَ المُلْكِ {تَبَارَكَ الَّذِي بِيَدِهِ المُلْكُ}"

‘If you take to your bed, then perform ablution, lie on your right side and then supplicate:
(107) ‘O Allah, I submit my soul unto You, and I entrust my affair unto You, and I turn my face towards You, and I totally rely on You, in hope and fear of You.Verily there is no refuge nor safe haven from You except with You. I believe in Your Book which You have revealed and in Your Prophet whom You have sent.’

…If you then die, you will die upon the fitrah.’

fitrah: the religion of Islam, the way of Ibraheem (A).
(107) Al-Lahumma 'Aslamtu Nafsī 'Ilayka Wa Fawwađtu 'Amrī 'Ilayka Wa Wajjahtu Wajhī 'Ilayka Wa 'Alja'tu Žahrī 'Ilayka Raghbatan Wa Rahbatan 'Ilayka Lā Malja'a Wa Lā Manjā Minka 'Illā 'Ilayka 'Āmantu Bikitābika Al-Ladhī 'Anzalta Wa Binabīyika Al-Ladhī 'Arsalta.

(107) اللَّهمَّ أَسْلَمْتُ نَفْسِي إِلَيْكَ، وَفَوَّضْتُ أَمْرِي إِلَيْكَ، وَوَجَّهْتُ وَجْهِي إِلَيْكَ، وَأَلْجَأْْتُ ظَهْرِي إِلَيْكَ، رَغْبَة ً وَرَهْبَة ً إِلَيْكَ، لا مَلْجَأَ وَلا مَنْجَا مِنْكَ إِلاَّ إِلَيْكَ، آمَنْتُ بِكِتَابِكَ الَّذِي أَنْزَلْتَ وَبِنَبِيِّكَ الَّذِي أَرْسَلْتَ.

29. Supplication when turning over during the night .29 . الدعاء إذا تقلب ليلاً

(108)

‘AAa-isha narrated that the Messenger of Allah r used to say at night if he turned during sleep:

‘None has the right to be worshipped except Allah, The One, AL-Qahhar.Lord of the heavens and the Earth and all between them, The Exalted in Might, The Oft-Forgiving.’

AL-Qahhar:The One Who has subdued all of creation and Whom all of creation are subservient to. All movements occur by His will.
(108) Lā 'Ilāha 'Illā Allāhu Al-Wāĥidu Al-Qahhāru Rabbu As-Samawāti Wa Al-'Arđi Wa Mā Baynahumā Al-`Azīzu Al-Ghaffāru.
(108) لا إِلَهَ~َ إِلاَّ اللَّهُ الوَاحِدُ القَهَّارُ، رَبُّ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَمَا بَيْنَهُمَا، العَزِيْزُ الغَفَّارُ

30. Upon experiencing unrest, fear, apprehensiveness and the like during sleep

.30دعاء القلق والفزع في النوم ومن بلي بالوحشة

(109)

‘I take refuge in the perfect words of Allah from His anger and punishment, and from the evil of His servants, and from the madness and appearance of devils.’
(109) 'A`ūdhu Bikalimāti Allāhi At-Tāmmāti Min Ghađabihi Wa `Iqābihi Wa Sharri `Ibādihi Wa Min Hamazāti Ash-Shayāţīni Wa 'An Yaĥđurūna.
(109) أَعُوْذُ بِكَلِمَاتِ اللَّهِ التَّامَّاتِ مِنْ غَضَبِه ِِ وَعِقَابِهِ، وَشَرِّ عِبَادِه ِِ وَمِنْ هَمَزَاتِ الشَّيْاطِيْنِ وَأَنْ يَحْضُرُوْنَ.

31. Upon seeing a good dream or a bad dream

.31ما يفعل من رأى الرؤيا أو الحلم

(110)

‘The righteous dream is from Allah and the bad dream is from the devil, so if anyone sees something which pleases him then he should only relate it to one whom he loves…’

Summary of what to do upon having a bad dream:

■ Spit on your left three times

Spit: A form of spitting comprising mainly of air with little spittle

■ Seek refuge in Allah from shaytan and the evil of what you saw

■ Do not relate it to anyone

■ Turn and sleep on the opposite side to which you were sleeping on previously.

) ينفث عن يساره (ثلاثا)110(

يستعيذ بالله من الشيطان ومن شر ما رأى (ثلاث مرات)

لا يحدث بها أحدا.

يتحول عن جنبه الذي كان عليه.

) يَنْفُثُ عَنْ يَسَارِهِ (ثَلاثاً)110(

يَسْتَعِيْذُ بِاللهِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ وَمِنْ شَرِّ مَا رَأَى (ثَلاثَ مَرَّاتٍ)

لا يُحَدِّثُ بِهَا أَحَداً.

يَتَحَوَّلُ عَنْ جَنْبِهِ الَّذِي كَانَ عَلَيْهِ.

(111)
■ Get up and pray if you so desir

(111) يَقُوْمُ يُصَلِّي إِنْ أَرَادَ ذَلِكَ.

Next >>
We will do well to memorize it in Arabic.
Back to top Go down
https://islam4u.ahlamontada.com

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
islam4u :: LAWS OF THE FORUM :: QURAN-
Jump to: