islam4u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
islam4u

islamic, social, cultural

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Zikrullah - Remembrance of Allah

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Zikrullah - Remembrance of Allah Empty
PostSubject: Zikrullah - Remembrance of Allah   Zikrullah - Remembrance of Allah EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 7:20 pm

By: Muslim Sister from Singapore
“And remembrance of Allah is the greatest (thing in life) without doubt. And Allah knows the (deeds) that ye do. “

Aminah looks forward to subuh prayers every morning. She loves the fresh smell of dew that the morning brings. Everything is so fresh in the morning and the two rakaat of subuh makes her feel really close to Allah s.w.t.

But she always has one nagging question in her mind. “How do I ensure that I always remember Allah throughout the day?”, she wonders.

So one day she decides to observe what her family does to remember Allah.

First, she observes her father and she notices that right after fajr prayers he begins to recite, ‘Subhanallah, Subhanallah’. And so Aminah repeats after him.

After filling her tummy with a hearty breakfast, Aminah notices that grandma says, Alhamdulillah, Alhamdulillah ‘ after her meal. Grandma tells Aminah , “Praise Allah for His Greatness for giving us this food to make us strong”. So Aminah lovingly repeats the zikir to praise Allah for the breakfast He has given them.

Aminah then sits down to finish her homework with her sister, Aishah. After finishing the homework Aishah says, “Allahu Akabar, Allahu Akabar “ and encourages Aminah to do the same. “Why?” Aminah asks. “Well, it is so that we give praise to Allah for helping us achieve what had we set out to do”, replied Aishah.

“Well then,” asks Aminah, “When do we say ‘A’uuzobillah?”.

“Whenever you have a bad thought in your mind,” quips in Aminah’s elder brother, Rashid. “A’uuzobillah is to request protection from Allah s.w.t from bad thoughts or actions”.

Aminah gave Rashid a grateful smile for teaching her a new zikir to remember Allah by.

Later that day, after praying jamaah prayers for Asr with her grandpa, Aminah noticed that he repeatedly recited “astarghfirullah, astarghfirullah”. Curious to know why, Aminah asks, “Why do you say this zikir grandpa?”

“Well,” replies grandpa, “ I like to say astarghfirullah so that I will always seek forgiveness from Allah s.w.t.”

And so for the rest of the evening, Aminah rehearsed what she had learnt from watching her father, her grandma, her sister, her brother and her grandpa. But as maghrib drew near, she discovered two more useful zikirs for her to recite to remind her of Allah.

She learnt the value of ‘bismillah’. “This means ‘In the name of Allah’”, mother had said. “Begin everything you do in the name of Allah’ or with ‘bismillah’,” mother says, “particularly before eating, so that Allah will bless you for your actions” And so before eating her dinner, Aminah silently says ‘bismillah’.

For maghrib prayers, Aminah accompanied her father and their neighbour Mr. Abdul Hamid to the nearby mosque. As they walked to the mosque, Mr Hamid kept reciting ‘La ilaha illallah’.

“What does it mean?”, Aminah curiously asks him.

‘La ilaha illallah’ means there is no god but Allah”, says Mr. Hamid. “As Muslims we believe that Allah is One and that He has no partners. This is the most important belief in Islam. Saying ‘La ilaha illallah’ will remind us of this very important belief in Islam. So recite it regularly, Aminah”, Mr Hamid told her.

Aminah thanked Mr Hamid for his advise and in her heart gave a silent thanks to Allah s.w.t. for helping her learn the many ways that she can bring herself closer to Him. She set it firmly in her heart to apply whatever zikir she has learnt everyday. Everyday starting from today. Insha Allah, Aminah will be close to Allah s.w.t.

The Qur’an says : “wa lazikrul la_hi akbar wal la_hu yalamu ma_tasnau_n”

“And remembrance of Allah is the greatest (thing in life) without doubt. And Allah knows the (deeds) that ye do. “ (Surah Ankabut 29:45)
Virtues of Darood

Hazrath Abdullah Ibn Mas’ood (R.A) reports that Prophet (Pbuh) said: “Verily the nearest of people to me on the day of Qiyamah will be those who recited most darood on me” (Tirmizi and Ibn Hibbaan).

Hazrath Anas (R.A) reports that Prophet (Pbuh) said: “On the day of Qiyamah the one from amongst you who shall at all times be nearest to me shall be he who reads much darood on me.”

Tabrani also reports that Prophet (Pbuh) said: “Whoever recites darood on me in the morning ten times and in the evening ten times, for him shall be my intercession on the day of Qiyamah.”

Imam Mustaghfiri (R.A) reports: “Whoever recites one hundred times darood daily, one hundred of his needs shall be fulfilled, thirty in this world and the rest in the Hereafter.”

Another Hadith says: “Recite darood on me plentifully for verily it shall be a light in the darkness on the siraat, and whoever desires that his deeds should weigh heavily on the scales, let him recite much darood.”
Back to top Go down
https://islam4u.ahlamontada.com

Page 1 of 1