islam4u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
islam4u

islamic, social, cultural

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rescue from the Rock

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Rescue from the Rock Empty
PostSubject: Rescue from the Rock   Rescue from the Rock EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 10:42 pm

Rescue from the Rock
Mufti Md. Shahabuddin Sabeeli
Cave

Three men among those who lived in earlier times, set out together till they reached a cave at night and entered it. A big rock rolled down the mountain and closed the mouth of the cave. They said (to each other) nothing could save us from this cave, let us invoke Allah by giving reference of the righteous deed which we did (for Allah’s sake only). So one of them said, ‘O Allah! I had old parents and I never served milk to my family (wife, children etc.) before giving it to my parents. One day, by chance I came late (at night), and they had slept. I milked the sheep and took the milk to them, but I waited with the bowl of milk in my hand till dawn, when they got up and drank the milk. O Allah! I did that for your sake only, please relieve us from our critical situation caused by the rock. So the rock shifted a little but they could not get out of the cave.

The Prophet (Pbuh) added “The second man said,” O Allah! I had a cousin who was the dearest of all people to me and I wanted to have sexual relations with her, but she refused. Later she faced a difficult time during a famine and came to me and I gave her one-hundred and twenty gold coins on condition that she would not resist my desire and she agreed. When I was about to fulfil my desire, she said: It is a sin to outrage my chastity except by legitimate marriage. So I thought it a sin to have sexual intercourse with her and left her, though she was the dearest of all the people to me and also I presented her the gold I had given her. O Allah! I did that for your sake only, please relieve us from the present calamity. So the rock shifted a little more but still they could not get out from the cave.

The Prophet (Pbuh) added, then the third man said, O Allah! I employed a few labourers and paid them their wages with the exception of one man who did not take his wages and went away. I invested his wages and earned much property thereby. Then after sometime, he came and said to me; “O Allah’s slave! Pay me my wages.” I said to him, “All the camels, cows, sheep and slaves you see are yours.” He said, “O Allah’s slave, do not mock me.” I said, “I am not mocking you.” So he took all the herd and drove them away and left nothing. O Allah! I did that for your sake only, please relieve us from the present suffering. At this moment, the rock moved completely and they walked out of the cave. (Bukhari : 1/303)
Moral of the Story

The good deeds which men did in their happy days, could be used for their benefit, during their hard times. Therefore, the Prophet (Pbuh) said; “If you remember Allah in your prosperous life, then Allah will remember you in your difficult days.” (Musnad Ahmed: 1/307)

Those people who had done good deeds with sincerity of intention were rewarded for it and were relieved from the cave. In fact, sincerity has a good deal of importance and is of great value. It is to be kept in mind that we should ask Allah’s favour in our hard times, referring to our virtues. (Fathul-Bari: 13/275)

However, service to the parents is obligatory. In particular, when they become old and attain a ripe old age. It is a great and significant work. The people who serve their parents are very lucky and fortunate. It is stated that the people who do their best to serve their parents, are successful in both the worlds. Allah says in his holy book, the Qur’an; “Thy lord hath decreed that ye worship none but him, and that ye be kind to parents, whether one or both of them has attained old age in thy life, say not to them a word of contempt, not repel them. And out of kindness, lower to them the wing of humility, and say; “My lord! Bestow on them thy mercy even as thy cherished me in childhood.” (Qur’an: 17/23-24)

It is, however, a great righteousness to protect women’s chastity and save them from adultery and wickedness. There is a Hadith which emphasises that Allah will give shadow of His throne of grace and mercy, to the young man who was called by a woman for sexual intercourse but refused her offer saying that he fears Allah. (Bukhari: 1/91)

The story of the third man, shows his remarkable honesty and generosity. We should not misappropriate the property that belongs to others, no matter how great the quantity or value. We might deprive ourselves for others and prefer their rights over ours. But it is to be borne in mind that depriving others for our own sake means that we are selfish. For those who are selfish and ready to deprive others for their own sakes, a penalty is awaiting them on the day of judgement. Besides, they are the losers in this world too.
Prophets of Allah

According to a saying of Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh) the number of Prophets are over one hundred and twenty four thousand. The Qur’an mentions only the twenty-five most prominent by Name.
Sl.No. Qur'anic Name Biblic Name 01. Adam Adam

02. Idris Enoch

03. Nuh Noah

04. Hud -

05. Salih Salih

06. Ibrahim Abraham

07. Ismail Ishmael

08. Ishaq Issac

09. Lut Lot

10. Yaqub Jacob

11. Yusuf Joseph

12. Shu’ayb -

13. Ayyub Job

14. Musa Moses

15. Harun Aaron

16. Dhul-kifl Ezekiel

17. Dawud David

18. Sulayman Solomon

19. Illas Elias

20. Al-Yasa Elisha

21. Yunus Jonah

22. Zakariyya Zechariah

23. Yahya John

24. Isa Jesus

25. Muhammad -

As Muslim, we must believe in all the Prophets and Messengers (2:4). Allah’s guidance to mankind which began with Adam (Pbuh) was completed with Muhammad (Pbuh).
Words of Wisdom from Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh)
Compiled by Dr. Shahid Athar

1. “Acquire knowledge, it enables its possessor to distinguish right from wrong; it lights the way to heaven. It is our friend in the desert, our company in solitude and companion when friendless. It guides us to happiness, it sustains us in misery, it is an ornament amongst friends and an armour against enemies.” Widely attributed to the Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh)

2. “A Muslim who plants a tree or sows a field, from which man, birds and animals can eat, is committing an act of charity.” (Muslim)

3. “There is a polish for everything that takes away rust; and the polish for the heart is the remembrance of Allah.” (Bukhari)
Etiquettes of Personal Hygiene

Do not clear your nose or eject saliva in presence of other people.

Do not insert your fingers in the nose to take out the nasal fluid in the presence of other people.

While sneezing put handkerchief or tissue paper on the mouth to avoid the drops of nasal discharge from splashing on others.

After sneezing say “Alham-o-lillah”, Thanks to Allah.

The other person on hearing should reply “Yar hamakullah”, Allah may be merciful on you.

In reply the first person should respond “Yahdeekal-lah”, Allah may grant you guidance.
The hair should be regularly combed and oiled. Antimony should be applied to the eyes and nails cut and kept clean.

Perfumes should be liberally used. The holy Prophet (Pbuh) was very fond of perfumes.

It is better to be in ablution always, if not be in ablution as long as possible.

Cleanliness, particularly bathing is a key to paradise. Prophet (Pbuh) called upon his followers to frequently have a wash.

One should invariably have a bath before going to attend the Friday congregational prayers in neat and clean clothes.

The Prophet (Pbuh) said: “Allah is much pleased with a person when he has washed and is neat and clean.”

First Among Firsts
Soap - Prophet Sulaiman

Boat - Prophet Nuh

Tent - Emperor Jamshed

Rose Perfume - Queen Nurjahan

Algebra - Al-Jabr

Algorithm - Al-Khowarizmi
Zuhair Bin Saghir

Dua - Supplication

When you see some one Cheerful

Adh-hakal laho sinnaka
May Allah always keep you cheerful!

When anyone does a favour to you

Jazakallaho Khairan
May Allah give you a good reward!
Who is Successful ?

Those who frequently turn to Him in repentance (2:222)

Those who purify themselves

Those who spend in charity

Those who fulfil their Vows (76:7)
Back to top Go down
https://islam4u.ahlamontada.com

Rescue from the Rock
Page 1 of 1