islam4u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
islam4u

islamic, social, cultural

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nature Watch Rhythm of the birds

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Nature Watch Rhythm of the birds Empty
PostSubject: Nature Watch Rhythm of the birds   Nature Watch Rhythm of the birds EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 1:38 am

di bin Hatim Tai
A king who was fearful of Islam's growing influence,
but was conquered by the accounts of the graceful behaviour of Allah's Prophet.

Adi was the son of Hatim, the King of Tai tribe, which lived in Najd province in the central part of Arabian peninsula. Hatim Tai’s generosity was legendary. When Hatim died, Adi was crowned as the king. He used to collect 25 per cent of the income of his subjects for the royal treasury. When Muhammad, (Pbuh) was appointed the Prophet of Allah, Adi felt a threat to his small kingdom. He began to oppose him and began to act against the interests of Islam and became fearful as Islam grew in strength, influence and power. Adi and his tribe were Christians. When Islamic conquests came near his Kingdom’s boundaries, Adi bin Hatim Tai decided to flee to Syria which was under a Christian king. But such was the haste in quitting his kingdom that he could not take his sister along with his caravan. The caravan travelled through tedious routes and sandy tracks to reach Syria. But separation from his sister was too painful for him. Soon after his departure, Tai’s kingdom came under the rule of Islam. His sister was taken a prisoner to Yathrib and was kept in custody near the Prophet’s Mosque.

While in custody, his sister one day saw the Prophet passing by her way. She cried: “O Prophet of Allah! My father has died and my guardian has deserted me. Do the favour of releasing me. Allah will bestow favour on you.” The Prophet replied: “Who is your guardian?” She said: “My brother, Adi bin Hatim Tai.” The Prophet said: “One who flees Allah and his prophet.” The Prophet then walked away. She repeated her request next day too. But Prophet maintained silence. This did not encourage her the third day to again put forward her request. But one of the custodians nudged her to do that. At this the Prophet set her free. She wanted to go to Syria to join the family of Adi bin Hatim Tai. But the Prophet told her to go with someone whom she knew and trusted. Once she noticed a person of Tai tribe in a trade caravan in Madinah and wanted to go with him. The Prophet gave her a she-camel, food and other provisions for travel.

She travelled to Syria and reached Adi Bin Hatim Tai’s residence. Adi grew jubilant at the sight of her arrival. But she burst out: “Untrustworthy brother, callous, tyrant! How come you deserted me so shamelessly. How come you could be so disgraceful to leave your father’s honour behind.” Adi advised patience. She cooled down and recounted the entire story. She told him about the graceful manners of the Prophet and as to how kind and compassionate he was. At this Adi set out for Madinah. He entered Madinah without any prior guarantee of his life. He requested the Prophet to take him into the fold of Islam. The Prophet looked pleased and pulled him away by hand and took him home. On the way home, he was confronted by an old woman with a child. The Prophet helped her the way she wanted. Once into the Prophet’s house, he looked around for any signs of majesty and magnificence. But the house was totally bare of any royal paraphernalia. Then began a dialogue. Prophet: “You are suspended between Christianity and unbelief (state of no religion).” Adi: “Yes, O Prophet of Allah”. Prophet: “Don’t you claim one-fourth of the income of your subjects which your religion does not permit”. Adi: “Yes, O Prophet of Allah.” Prophet: “Adi, Perhaps you are discouraged from accepting Islam by the poverty and wretchedness of Muslims, their powerlessness, and their miserable situation where difficulties besiege them.

Perhaps, you feel that they would be swept over by the mighty kingdom of Caesar and Khusroe. But listen! I swear by Allah, a day would come when Muslims would be so affluent that there would be no taker of charity. Peace would prevail all over Arabia and a lone woman would travel between Qadissiya (in northern Arabia) and Madinah without fear of any one except Allah. And listen! A day would come when the Muslims would conquer and humble the mighty kingdom of Caesar and Khusroe. They will have their treasuries in their hands. At this Adi decided to profess the Shahadah and enter the fold of Islam. Adi lived a long life. He was one among those armies which wrested the control of the treasuries of Caesar and Khusroe. He witnessed an era when there were no takers for charity in the Muslim society during the caliphate of Umar bin Abdul Aziz. Thus Adi bin Hatim Tai saw all the prophecies of the Holy Prophet coming true.

Translated and abridged by Maqbool Ahmed Siraj from Suwarum min Hayathus Sahaba
authored by Dr. Abdur Rahman Rafat Pasha
"Charity never decreases a person's wealth."

Shaykh Saeed ibn Musfir tells the following account: I was walking out of the Haram (the Kabah in Makkah) when I saw a man begging from everyone who passed by him. Just then a man who had parked his tinted Mercedes excessively close to the Haram in a designated VIP parking walked passed the beggar on his way to his car. As he pulled the keys out and the alarm did the ‘whup whup’, the beggar raised his finger to the sky and said, “Please, for the sake of Allah!” Trying to end the moment and avoid a dip into the pocket, the Mercedes man said “Allah will provide!” The beggar said, “What! did you at any moment think that I thought you were my provider! I’m not asking for your provision, I know Allah will provide for me. ShaykhMusafir continues......the two stood there staring at one another for a moment and then the Mercedes tinted windows came up and the man drove away. A needy African sister who was sitting nearby on the street selling textiles was moved by the incident. She did not have much, but from what she did have, she pulled out one riyal and placed it in the hands of that beggar. He smiled and went on his way. Meanwhile, the Mercedes man could not drive on with the choke of guilt. He turned the car around and made his way through the crowd to the place where the incident had happened. Shaykh Musafir says...I saw with my own eyes as he pulled out a 10 riyal bill from his briefcase to give to the beggar. But he looked left and right and could not find him. What was he to do? He had already pulled out the bill to give for the sake of Allah and was not going to put it back. So he found the nearest person he thought was worthy of the bill, placed it in her lap and went on his way. The 10 riyals landed in the lap of the sister who had given the beggar one riyal.
Is This Full?"

One day an expert in time management was speaking to a group of business students, and to drive home a point, used an illustration. As he stood in front of the group of high-powered over-achievers he said, “Okay, time for a quiz.” Then he pulled out a one-gallon, wide-mouth mason jar and set it on the table in front of him. Then he produced about a dozen fist-sized rocks and carefully placed them, one at a time, into the jar. When the jar was filled to the top and no more rocks would fit inside, he asked, “Is this jar full?” Everyone in the class said yes. Then he said, “Really?” He reached under the table and pulled out a bucket of gravel. Then he dumped some gravel in and shook the jar causing pieces of gravel to work themselves down into the space between the big rocks. Then he asked the group once more, “Is the jar full?” By this time the class was on to him. “Probably not,” one of them answered. “Good!” he replied. He reached under the table and brought out a bucket of sand. He started dumping the sand in the jar and it went into all of the spaces left between the rocks and the gravel. Once more he asked the question, “Is this jar full?” “No!” the class shouted. Once again he said, “Good!”

Then he grabbed a pitcher of water and began to pour it in until the jar was filled to the brim. Then he looked at the class and asked, “What is the point of this?” One participant raised his hand and said, “The point is, no matter how full your schedule is, if you try really hard you can always fit some more things in it!” “No” the speaker replied, “that’s not the point. The truth this illustration teaches us is: If you don’t put the big rocks in first, you’ll never get them in at all.” What are the big rocks in your life? Time with your loved ones? Your faith, your education, your dreams? A worthy cause? Teaching or mentoring others? Remember to put these Big Rocks in first, or you’ll never get them in at all.
Islamic Voice Quiz June 2002

1 Name the plant which can be used to make fuel. In Brazil, cars are run from the fuel made out of this plant.
2 What is campanology?
3 Which are the largest forests in the world?
4 Which is the world’s oldest flag? (Name the country)
5 How many teeth does a garden snail have?
6 What did the holy Prophet Muhammad say regarding fasting on the day of Arafat?
7 When is the Qutubah (sermon) read in Id-ul-Fitr?
8 On whose order was the Quran compiled completely in a written form?
9 Whose generation is known as Bani Israel according to the Quran?
10 What is Hajj-e-Tamattu?
11 Name the two things given to Bibi Fatimah (Prophet’s daughter) by Prophet Muhammad on the occasion of her marriage?

Write the correct answers on a separate sheet of paper and send it along with the coupon given in this page. Write your name, full address, age and school where you study. Entries without address will not be considered. The first three all-correct entries will be given Rs. 300, Rs. 200 and Rs. 100 each. Last date for the entries to reach us is July 10, 2002.
The School Trip

Jamil was getting ready to go for his school trip. He woke up early, took his bath and said his salat. He wore his best clothes. Jamil looked at his new cap his dad had bought for him and said, Alhamdulillah. He put on the new cap and looked at himself in the mirror. It fitted very well. Jamil was very excited about his trip to the science center. As he was coming down the stairs he slipped and fell. He screamed in pain. His mum and dad ran to help him. As he tried to get up there was a sharp pain. As his dad carried him to the sofa he said, “Alhamdu lillah “ (All praise be to Allah). His mother came and sat next to him and said, “Alhamdu lillah.” She then put her hand on his ankle and said, “Bismillah,” three times. She then said, “ ‘A’oothobillahi Waqudratihi min sharri maa ajidu wa’ohaathir.” seven times. (I take refuge in Allaah and within his omnipotence from the evil that I feel and am wary of.)

Dad checked his ankle to see if it was broken or not. Dad said, “Alhamdulillah. You have only sprained your ankle.”Mum moved closer and gently massaged his leg. Jamil was sobbing as he said, “I will be late for my trip.” Jamil tried to get up but fell back on the sofa with pain. Mum said, “Jamil I don’t thing you can go for your trip. You cannot walk.” On hearing this Jamil started sobbing even more loudly. Jamil insisted he wanted to go and tried to get up again. Again he felt the pain and fell back on the sofa. Jamil felt disappointed and hurt. Dad looked at Jamil’s sad face and decided to help him understand the situation by telling him a story. “Jamil,” dad said in very gentle voice. “I am going to tell you a story.” Once there was a very pious person. As he was leaving his house one morning, he stuck his head against the doorframe. The pain was so bad that he had to lie down. He immediately said, “Alhamdulillahi ala kulli haal.” (All praise be to Allah in every condition). Why did he say “Alhamdulillah”.

He praised Allah even when he was in distress or difficulty as he knew that in everything good or bad that Allah brings there is wisdom and good for his servants. As the man was lying down, his friends came and told him that it was a good thing he did not go out. On the road that he normally used to use, a group of bad people were waiting to kill him. So now the man could clearly see that his being hurt a little and not being able to go out had infact saved him from death by the bad people.

We can only see the bad thing that has happened to us but we cannot see the good as it is hidden. Dad looked at Jamil and said, “So you see my son, in everything bad that happens to us we must believe that there is some goodness or ‘khair’ in it.” Dad continued in a comforting voice, “Your falling down is preventing you from going for your trip. There is some good in it that you cannot see in your not going today. Allah is the one who decided to let this happen and you must believe there is goodness in it for you, even though you cannot see it.“Jamil every distress should bring you closer to Allah,” explained Dad. Jamil now realised and accepted what Allah had brought for him and said, “Alhamdu lillahi ala kulli haal.” (All praise be to Allah in every condition). Mum told Jamil, Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh)said: If a Muslim is pricked by (as little as) a thorn in the wordly life, and he seeks its reward from Allah, some of his sins will be removed, because of it, on the Day of Judgement.

“So the pain you feel will help to remove some of your sins on the Day of Judgement.” InshaAllah.
Scholars of renown: Ibn Asakir

Ali ibn Al-Hassan ibn Hibatullah, better known as Ibn Asakir, was born in the last 10 days of the first month of year 499 A.H., corresponding to A.D. 1106. He belonged to the Shafie school of Islamic law or Fiqh, which means that we find information about him in books that provide biographical notes on scholars belonging to the Shafie school. His early childhood showed fine promise which encouraged his father and his elder brother to take good care of him, educating him in Hadith and other disciplines. He started learning Hadith when he was only 6 years of age. By the time he was 20, he started his travels in pursuit of Hadith. In 520 A.H. he was a diligent student of Hadith in Baghdad, studying under the disciples of Al-Barmaki, Al-Tanookhi and Al-Jawhari. He then returned to Damascus, his hometown, before embarking on another major trip that took him to Naisapur, Harah, Isfahan, and other areas in Iran and the eastern parts of the Muslim land.Nevertheless, when he went to Baghdad, he attended Fiqh circles as well, and was a regular student at the Nazzamiyah school, where he studied differences between scholars of Fiqh, as well as linguistics. His Baghdad teachers greatly admired his intelligence, giving him the nickname “a flame of fire,” referring to his sharp intelligence and great understanding.

Imam Al-Nawawi, a great figure of the Shafie school of law and a scholar of Hadith who wrote the best known explanation of the Sahih Hadith collection by Imam Muslim, describes Ibn Asakir as “the main Hadith scholar of Al-Sham (a name that refers to greater Syria including Palestine and Lebanon), nay, the main Hadith scholar of the whole world.” Despite all his study of Hadith and other subjects, Ibn Asakir is best known for his great book, Tareekh Dimashq, or the History of Damascus which he wrote in emulation of Tareekh Baghdad, or the History of Baghdad by Al-Khateeb Al-Baghdadi. It is an encyclopedic work in 80 volumes. Ibn Asakir died in 571 A.H., corresponding to A.D. 1176. May God bestow abundant mercy on his soul.
The Shipwreck

The only survivor of a shipwreck was washed up on a small, uninhabited island. He prayed feverishly to Allah to rescue him, and every day he scanned the horizon for help, but none seemed forthcoming. Exhausted, he eventually managed to build a little hut out of driftwood to protect him from the elements, and to store his few possessions. But then one day, after scavenging for food, he arrived ‘home’ to find his little hut in flames, the smoke rolling up to the sky. The worst had happened, everything was lost. He was stunned with grief and despair. “Allah, why have you forsaken me?” he cried. Early the next day, however, he was awakened by the sound of a ship that was approaching the island. It had come to rescue him. “How did you know I was here?” asked the weary man of his rescuers. “We saw your smoke signal,” they replied. The man’s knees crumbled and he fell to the sandy ground and stretched out his arms towards the skies and cried out with joy: “O Almighty Allah, please forgive me for doubting you. You have shown me your great Mercy and I shall always put my trust and faith in You forever more”

What are Stars?

Shiny little points in the sky are Called StarsOn a clear night, you can see lots of shiny little points in the sky. What you see are stars. The stars may seem like they are very small, but they are actually very big. Stars are huge balls of hot, bright, glowing gases that give off light. The stars seem small because they are so far away from the earth. There is one star that is quite close to the earth and it doesn’t look like just a tiny point in the sky? Do you know which star that is? Did you know that the sun is a star? What is the sun like? The sun is a star. (And Allah knows best). It is the star, which is closest to the earth. It is 93 million miles (150 million kilometers) away from the earth. That may seem like it is very far away, but it is actually quite close. By Allah’s Mercy and Blessing, the sun is close enough to provide us with heat and light. How hot is the sun? The sun’s outer part is 5,500°C (10,000°F). The inside of the sun is 16,000,000°C (30,000,000°F). Can you imagine how hot this is? It only takes 100°C to boil water and the sun is about 16,000 times hotter than that! Have you ever burnt your tongue while drinking or eating something very hot? Maybe, you might even remember how hot you felt during a very hot summer day. This amount of heat is nothing compared to the heat of the sun.

What are the purpose of stars in the sky? Abu Qatada mentioned Allah’s Statement: “And We have adorned the nearest heaven with lamps,” (67:5) and said, “the creation of these stars is for three purposes, i.e. as decoration of the (nearest) heaven, as missiles to hit the devils, and as signs to guide travelers. So, if anybody tries to find a different interpretation, he is mistaken and just wastes his efforts, and troubles himself with what is beyond his limited knowledge (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol. 4). The Stars are a blessing and a guide. Allah is the Most Merciful. He has given us the stars to help us guide ourselves. “It is He Who has set the stars for you, so that you may guide your course with their help through the darkness of the land and the sea. We have (indeed) explained in detail Our Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) for people who know.” (Quran, 6:97)
The era of recent life as told by the rocks

Talking RocksWe all live in this era. It began, according to the geologists, about sixty million years ago. The age of reptiles had ended and a long period of cold weather followed soon after. The dinosaurs had disappeared. Smaller reptiles like snakes, turtles, and lizards have survived to this present day. Most of the plants and animals known to us today had made their appearance on earth. Horses had five toes and they were the size of rabbits in those ancient times. Elephants of those ages did not have any trunks at all. Camels were small animals without humps. Plants with coloured flowers were quite rare. Over years all these animals changed, the horses grew larger; elephants were born with trunks and long tusks.

Talking RocksThe climate of the earth underwent rapid changes. Plants and animals that could not adjust to the new climatic conditions disappeared from the earth and became extinct. They are seen today as fossils in rocks and in museums across the world. The dodo was one such animal that became extinct recently. Long ago, the trilobites ruled the earth as the most important animals of their time. Subsequently they were replaced by fishes. They in turn were followed by the great dinosaurs. After them came the flesh-eating mammals. Today man is the ruler of this earth. The scientists are not quite sure for how long man has lived on this earth. The fossil record of men that have been discovered so far, indicate that they have been around on this earth from the past one million years. No one knows how long men will continue to be the masters of the earth. Nevertheless, if we learn from the rocks, we find that they have a story to tell us. The rocks tell us that unless men find ways of peacefully co-existing with one another they may become extinct as the animals of the past.
Webwatch

www.rainwaterharvesting.org

Learn about Rain water harvesting in the desert! This is a reality today in some parts of arid Rajasthan and even in other parts of the country where the techniques of rainwater harvesting have benefited thousands. Rainwater harvesting means capturing rain where it falls or capturing the run-off in your village or town and taking measures to keep that water clean by not allowing polluting activities to take place in the catchment. On this website, www.rainwaterharvesting.org, created by the Centre for Science and Environment, learn about traditional and indigenous water harvesting techniques and also the modern contemporary adaptations. Meet people who are carrying the message of harvesting rainwater around the country. This site has articles from Down to Earth magazine, news clippings, links to people and organisations working on water issues and also gives you statistical details relating to water in India. Find out about the National Water Harvesters’ Network that addresses water issues and is working to further the cause of community based water management. Also read the latest edition of Catchwater, CSE’s newsletter. Email-webadmin@cseindia.org
Globe Trotting
Tataristan to celebrate 1000th anniversary of city

The Islamic city of Kazan, capital of Tataristan, Russian Federation, will be celebrating the 1000th anniversary this year since it was founded in 1005 AD. The committee supervising the celebrations is chaired by the President of the Russian Federation, Vladimir Putin. Among the functions to be held would be an international seminar on Islamic culture and art in the Caucasus and a conference on Islamic cities and towns which would be organised by the Islamic Cities and Towns Organization, in 2004. As part of the celebrations also, a number of mosques, including the main mosque, of this city are being repaired and renovated. Kazan was founded in 1005 AD, as a fort for protecting the region from Russian invasions, such as that launched by the Russian warrior, Ivan the Terrible, but later it developed into a trading post for the Arab and Muslim traders who came to the region, and continued to develop into what it is today. Kazan now has a formal Islamic university and a number of Islamic schools. It has a population of around 1,100,000, half of whom are Muslims. Relations between Tataristan and Egypt go back to ancient times, for in 922 AD ,an emissary of the Muslim Caliph Al-Abbas visited the region, and was able to attract many of its citizens to embrace Islam. It was also visited by the famous Muslim traveller and explorer, Ibn Batuta. Now there is a marked revival of Islamic culture in Tataristan. Incidentally, the cost of living, including the cost of accommodation, in Tataristan, is reasonably low. Tataristan is part of the Russian Federation, in which there are around 20 million Muslims.
Passing the favours of God to others

Once it so happened that a godly man, well known for his piety, by name Shaqiq bin Ibrahim,, visited Abdullah ibn Mubarak without revealing his identity. The greetings over, Abdullah ibn Mubarak inquired from his visitor, "Where are you from?" Shaqiq replied, "From Balkh."

In those days, Abdullah ibn Mubarak had heard about a man by Shaqiq, who was famous throughout the land as a devout and religious Muslim. He had by his virtuous conduct, and righteous deeds had attracted a large number of admirers, who would come to him from far and wide, to seek guidance on matters of religion along with other matters. So he asked his visitor, "Do you happen to know Shaqiq?" His guest replied, "Yes." Abdullah ibn Mubarak asked him again, "How do you find his disciples?" Shaqiq replied, "Well, when they are denied, they observe patience, and when they are bestowed with abundance from their Lord, they give thanks to Him."

At this, Ibn Mubarak remarked, "This is a quality of our dogs. Muslims are those who, when denied, give thanks to their Lord, and when bestowed with plenty give preference and pass it on to others in need." This story narrates the qualities that are desired in a Muslim. A Muslim is one who is a true friend of other human beings.He should always be willing to lose in order that others may gain from him. In other words, he is not a selfish person.

A Muslim always thinks more about giving help and providing relief to others, than of receiving help. He seeks good of others regardless of the cost to himself. He shares with other human beings both their sorrows and joys. He is readily available with help during times of adversity.

A. I. Makki
Health Notes
Not the Right Choice Kids!

The ‘hard’ truth behind a ‘soft’ drink A local college in Delhi conducted a ‘cola competition’ recently which was won by a localite who consumed eight bottles of cola. But the boy collapsed immediately and died on the spot. This prompted the Principal of the college to ban the use of all soft drinks in that college. It is not just this college in Delhi, but many countries have banned the sale of aerated drinks because they are found to be harmful for the human body. Research has validated these claims and some of the ill-effects of soft drinks are as follows: These drinks contain various sugar agents that can cause cancer when consumed. Medical tests have shown that consumption of these sugar agents can also cause insomnia, irritability, laxity in one’s activities, headache and migraine. Twelve ounces of these aerated drinks on an average contain one ounce (9 teaspoons) of sugar and this according to Dr A Thrash reduces the immunity power in our body.

Aerated drinks contain harmful chemicals like carbon dioxide and carbonic acid. Medical tests conducted by Dr Clive Myake and his team from Dr Hegiver and Naval Institute have shown that the phosphoric acid contained in the soft drinks harm the teeth by destroying the enamel layer on it. Excess sodium content present in the soft drinks is capable of causing variations in the blood pressure and can also harm the blood vessels and the kidneys.
Nature Watch
Rhythm of the birds

Why do Some Birds Sing Ealier ?Birds usually start to sing very early in the morning. But why don't all birds sing during the same time? Why do some of them sing earlier? Is there some kind of time-table involved? It is one of nature's most beautiful mysteries and scientists think they have cracked it. The most interesting aspect of the chorus is that the daily pattern is the same all over the world. Only the variables-birds and tunes change. In England, where scientists studied the phenomenon recently, the pattern would be something like 'first robins, then blackbirds etc.' But the bird song which is a great natural musical experience is related to the eyes-yes, eyes you heard it right. The larger the eyes of the bird, the earlier it begins to sing. Scientists in England captured the first birds, the last birds and others inbetween and measured the diameter of their eyes. They discovered an unmistakable relationship between size of the eye and the early singing behaviour of birds. Birds with large eyes can see better in low light conditions-so birds with large eyes are the first to start singing!
Do You Know

Nice Oil Painting Example

Oil paints are made by mixing and grinding pigment with a drying vegetable oil such as linseed oil. The paint can be applied to many different surfaces and textures-the most common being canvas. Before painting, the canvas is stretched on a wooden frame and its surface is prepared with layers of size (glue) and primer. The two main types of brushes used in oil painting are stiff hog hair bristle brushes and soft hair brushes made from sable or synthetic material-generally used for fine detail. Oil paint can be applied thickly, a technique known as impasto or can be thinned down using a solvent such as turpentine or white spirit. Varnishes are sometimes applied to finished paintings to protect their surface and to give them a matt or gloss finish.
Back to top Go down
https://islam4u.ahlamontada.com

Nature Watch Rhythm of the birds
Page 1 of 1