islam4u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
islam4u

islamic, social, cultural

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

General Behavior (Kitab Al-Adab) 3

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

General Behavior (Kitab Al-Adab)    3 Empty
PostSubject: General Behavior (Kitab Al-Adab) 3   General Behavior (Kitab Al-Adab)    3 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 9:49 am

Book 41, Number 5056:

Narrated Abdullah ibn Umar:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) never failed to utter these supplications in the evening and in the morning: O Allah, I ask Thee for security in this world and in the Hereafter: O Allah! I ask Thee for forgiveness and security in my religion and my worldly affairs, in my family and my property; O Allah! conceal my fault or faults (according to Uthman's version), and keep me safe from the things which I fear; O Allah! guard me in front of me and behind me, on my right hand and on my left, and from above me: and I seek in Thy greatness from receiving unexpected harm from below me." AbuDawud said: Waki' said: That is to say, swallowing by the earth.

Book 41, Number 5057:

Narrated Daughter of the Prophet:

AbdulHamid, a client of Banu Hashim, said that his mother who served some of the daughters of the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) told him that one of the daughters of the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said that the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) used to teach her saying: Say in the morning: Glory be to Allah, and I begin with praise of Him; there is no power but in Allah ; what Allah wills comes to pass and what He does not will does not come to pass; I know that Allah is Omnipotent and that Allah has comprehended everything in knowledge" ; for whoever says it in the morning will be guarded till the evening, and whoever says it in the evening will be guarded till the morning.

Book 41, Number 5058:

Narrated Abdullah ibn Abbas:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: If anyone repeats in the morning: "So glory be to Allah in the evening and in the morning; to Him is the praise in the heavens and the earth, and in the late evening and at noon....thus shall you be brought forth, " he will get that day what he has missed; and if anyone repeats these words in the evening he will get that night what he has missed. Ar-Rabi' transmitted it from al-Layth.

Book 41, Number 5059:

Narrated AbuAyyash:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: If anyone says in the morning: "There is no god but Allah alone Who has no partner; to Him belong the dominions, to Him praise is due, and He is Omnipotent," he will have a reward equivalent to that for setting free a slave from among the descendants of Isma'il. He will have ten good deeds recorded for him, ten evil deeds deducted from him, he will be advanced ten degrees, and will be guarded from the Devil till the evening. If he says them in the evening, he will have a similar recompense till the morning.

The version of Hammad says: A man saw the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) in a dream and said: Apostle of Allah! AbuAyyash is relating such and such on your authority.

He said: AbuAyyash has spoken the truth.

Book 41, Number 5060:

Narrated Anas ibn Malik:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: If anyone says in the morning: "O Allah! in the morning we call Thee, the bearers of Thy Throne, Thy angels, and all Thy creatures to witness that Thou art Allah than Whom there is no god, Thou being alone and without a partner, and that Muhammad is Thy servant and Thy Apostle," Allah will forgive him any sins that he commits that day; and if he repeats them in the evening. Allah will forgive him any sins he commits that night.

Book 41, Number 5061:

Narrated Muslim at-Tamimi:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) told him secretly: When you finish the sunset prayer, say: 'O Allah, protect me from Hell" seven times; for if you say that and die that night, protection from it would be recorded for you; and when you finish the dawn prayer, say it in a similar way, for if you die that day, protection from it would be recorded for you. AbuSa'id told me that al-Harith said: The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said this to us secretly, so we confine it to our brethren.

Book 41, Number 5062:

Narrated Muslim ibn al-Harith ibn Muslim at-Tamimi:

A similar tradition (to No. 5061) has been transmitted by Muslim ibn al-Harith ibn Muslim at-Tamimi on the authority of his father from the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) through a different chain of narrators, up to "protection from it".

But this version says: "before speaking to anyone". In this version Ali ibn Sahl said that his father told him.

Ali and Ibn al-Musaffa said: The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) sent us on an expedition. When we reached the place of attack, I galloped my horse and outstripped my companions, and the people of that locality received me with a great noise.

I said to them: Say "There is no god but Allah," and you will be protected. They said this.

My companions blamed me, saying: You deprived us of the booty. When we came to the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him), they told him what I had done.

So he called me, appreciating what I had done, and said: Allah has recorded for you so and so (a reward) for every man of them.

AbdurRahman said: I forgot the reward. The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) then said: I shall write a will for you after me. He did this and stamped it, and gave it to me, saying....He then mentioned the rest of the tradition to the same effect. Ibn al-Musaffa said: I heard al-Harith ibn Muslim ibn al-Harith at-Tamimi transmitting it from his father.

Book 41, Number 5064:

Narrated Abdullah ibn Khubayb:

We went out one rainy and intensely dark night to look for the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) to lead us in prayer, and when we found him, he asked: Have you prayed?, but I did not say anything. So he said: Say, but I did not say anything. He again said: Say, but I did not say anything. He then said: Say. So I said: What am I to say? He said: Say: "Say, He is Allah, One," and al-Mu'awwadhatan thirty three times in the morning and evening; they will serve you for every purpose.

Book 41, Number 5065:

Narrated AbuMalik:

The people asked: Tell us a word which we repeat in the morning, evening and when we rise.

So he commanded us to say: "O Allah! Creator of Heavens and Earth; Knower of all that is hidden and open; Thou art the Lord of everything; the angels testify that there is no god but Thee, for we seek refuge in Thee from the evil within ourselves, from the evil of the Devil accused and from the evil of his suggestion about partnership with Allah, and that we earn sin for ourselves or drag it to a Muslim."

AbuDawud said: And through the same chain of transmitters the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: When one rises in the morning, one should say: "We have reached the morning, and in the morning the dominion belongs to Allah, the Lord of the universe. O Allah! I ask Thee for the good this day contains, for conquest, victory, light, blessing and guidance during it; and I seek refuge in Thee from the evil it contains and the evil contained in what comes after it." In the evening he should say the equivalent.

Book 41, Number 5066:

Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin:

Shariq al-Hawzani and I came to Aisha (Allah be pleased with her) and asked her: By which (prayer) the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) began when he woke up at night? She replied: You asked me about a thing which no one asked me before. When he woke up at night, he uttered: "Allah is Most Great" ten times, and uttered "Praise be to Allah" ten times, and said "Glory be to Allah and I begin with His praise" ten times, and said: "Glory be to the King, the Most Holy" ten times, and asked Allah's pardon ten times, and said: "There is no god but Allah" ten times, and then said: "O Allah! I seek refuge in Thee from the strait of the Day of resurrection," ten times. He then began the prayer.

Book 41, Number 5068:

Narrated AbuDharr:

If anyone says in the morning: "O Allah! whatever oath I take, whatever word I speak, and whatever vow I take, Thine will precedes all that: whatever Thou willeth, occurs, and whatever Thou dost not will, dost not occur. O Allah! pardon me and disregard me for it. O Allah! whomsoever Thou sendest thine blessing, to him my blessing is due, and whomsoever thou cursest, to him my curse is due, " exemption from it will be granted to him that day.

Book 41, Number 5069:

Narrated Uthman ibn Affan:

Aban ibn Uthman said: I heard Uthman ibn Affan (his father) say: I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say: If anyone says three times: "In the name of Allah, when Whose name is mentioned nothing on Earth or in Heaven can cause harm, and He is the Hearer, the Knower" he will not suffer sudden affliction till the morning, and if anyone says this in the morning, he will not suffer sudden affliction till the evening.

Aban was afflicted by some paralysis and when a man who heard the tradition began to look at him, he said to him: Why are you looking at me? I swear by Allah, I did not tell a lie about Uthman, nor did Uthman tell a lie about the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him), but that day when I was afflicted by it, I became angry and forgot to say them.

Book 41, Number 5071:

Narrated AbuBakrah:

AbdurRahman ibn AbuBakrah said that he told his father: O my father! I hear you supplicating every morning: "O Allah! Grant me health in my body. O Allah! Grant me good hearing. O Allah! Grant me good eyesight. There is no god but Thou." You repeat them three times in the morning and three times in the evening.

He said: I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) using these words as a supplication and I like to follow his practice.

The transmitter, Abbas, said in this version: And you say: "O Allah! I seek refuge in Thee from infidelity and poverty. O Allah! I seek refuge in Thee from punishment in the grave. There is no god but Thee". You repeat them three times in the morning and three times in the evening, and use them as a supplication. I like to follow his practice.

He said: The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: The supplications to be used by one who is distressed are: "O Allah! Thy mercy is what I hope for. Do not abandon me to myself for an instant, but put all my affairs in good order for me. There is no god but Thou." Some transmitters added more than others.

Book 41, Number 5073:

Narrated Qatadah:

When the Prophet of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) saw the new moon, he said: "a new moon of good and right guidance; a new moon of good and right guidance; a new moon of good and right guidance. I believe in Him Who created you" three times. He would then say: "Praise be to Allah Who has made such and such a month to pass and has brought such and such a month."

Book 41, Number 5074:

Narrated Qatadah:

When the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) saw the new moon, he turned away his face from it.

Book 41, Number 5075:

Narrated Umm Salamah, Ummul Mu'minin:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) never went out of my house without raising his eye to the sky and saying: "O Allah! I seek refuge in Thee lest I stray or be led astray, or slip or made to slip, or cause injustice, or suffer injustice, or do wrong, or have wrong done to me."

Book 41, Number 5076:

Narrated Anas ibn Malik:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: When a man goes out of his house and says: "In the name of Allah, I trust in Allah; there is no might and no power but in Allah," the following will be said to him at that time: "You are guided, defended and protected." The devils will go far from him and another devil will say: How can you deal with a man who has been guided, defended and protected?

Book 41, Number 5077:

Narrated AbuMalik Al-Ash'ari:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: When a man goes into his house, he should say: "O Allah! I ask Thee for good both when entering and when going out; in the name of Allah we have entered, and in the name of Allah we have gone out, and in Allah or Lord do we trust." He should then greet his family.

Book 41, Number 5078:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say: The wind comes from Allah's mercy.

Salamah's version has: It is Allah's mercy; it (sometimes) brings blessing and (sometimes) brings punishment. So when you see it, do not revile it, but ask Allah for some of its good, and seek refuge in Allah from its evil.

Book 41, Number 5080:

When the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) saw a cloud formation in the sky, he left work, even if he were at prayer, and then would say: "O Allah! I seek refuge in Thee from its evil. " If it rained, he would say: "O Allah! send a beneficial downpour."

Book 41, Number 5082:

Narrated Zayd ibn Khalid:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Do not curse the cock, for it awakens for prayer.

Book 41, Number 5084:

Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: When you hear the barking of dogs and the braying of asses at night, seek refuge in Allah, for they see which you do not see.

Book 41, Number 5085:

Narrated Ali ibn Umar ibn Husayn ibn Ali:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) as saying: Do not go out much when there are few people about , for Allah the Exalted scatters abroad of His beasts in that hour (according to Ibn Marwan's version).

Ibn Marwan's version has: For Allah has creatures. He then mentioned the barking of dogs and braying of asses in a similar manner. He added in his version: Ibn al-Had said: Shurahbil ibn al-Hajib told me on the authority of Jabir ibn Abdullah from the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) similar to it.

Book 41, Number 5086:

Narrated AbuRafi':

I saw the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) uttering the call to prayer (Adhan) in the ear of al-Hasan ibn Ali when Fatimah gave birth to him.

Book 41, Number 5087:

Boys used to be brought to the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him), and he would invoke blessings on them. Yusuf added: "and soften some dates and rub their palates with them". He did not mention "blessings".

Book 41, Number 5088:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said to me: Have the mugharribun been seen (or some other word) among you? I asked: What do the mugharribun mean? He replied: They are those in whom is a strain of the jinn.

Book 41, Number 5089:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: If anyone asks (you) for refuge for the sake of Allah, give him refuge; and if anyone asks you (for something) for the pleasure of Allah, give him. Ubaydullah said: If anyone asks you for the sake of Allah.

Book 41, Number 5091:

AbuZumayl said: I asked Ibn Abbas, saying: What is that I find in my breast? He asked: What is it? I replied: I swear by Allah, I cannot speak about it. He asked me: Is it something doubtful? and he laughed. He then said: No one could escape that, until Allah, the exalted, revealed: "If thou went in doubt as to what we have revealed unto thee, and ask those who have been reading the Book from before thee." He said: If you find something in your heart, say: He is the first and the Last, the Evident and the Immanent, and He has full knowledge of all things.

Book 41, Number 5093:

A man came to the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and said: Apostle of Allah! one of us has thoughts of such nature that he would rather be reduced to charcoal than speak about them. He said: Allah is Most Great, Allah is Most Great, Allah is Most Great. Praise be to Allah Who has reduced the guile of the devil to evil prompting. Ibn Qudamah said "reduced his matter" instead of "reduced his guile".

Book 41, Number 5097:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Allah, Most High, has removed from you the pride of the pre-Islamic period and its boasting in ancestors. One is only a pious believer or a miserable sinner. You are sons of Adam, and Adam came from dust. Let the people cease to boast about their ancestors. They are merely fuel in Jahannam; or they will certainly be of less account with Allah than the beetle which rolls dung with its nose.

Book 41, Number 5098:

Narrated Abdullah ibn Mas'ud:

If anyone helps his people in an unrighteous cause, he is like a camel which falls into a well and is pulled out by its tail.

Book 41, Number 5100:

Narrated Wathilah ibn al-Asqa':

I asked: Apostle of Allah! what is party spirit? He replied: That you should help your people in wrongdoing.

Book 41, Number 5101:

Narrated Suraqah ibn Malik ibn Ju'sham al-Mudlaji:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) gave us an address and said: The best of you is the one who defends his tribe, so long as he commits no sin.

Book 41, Number 5104:

Narrated AbuUqbah:

AbdurRahman ibn AbuUqbah quoted his father AbuUqbah who was a client from the people of Persia as saying: I was present at Uhud along with the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him), and on smiting one of the polytheists I said: Take this from me who is the young Persian. The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) then turned to me and said: Why did you not say: Take this from me who is the young Ansari?

Book 41, Number 5105:

Narrated Al-Miqdam ibn Ma'dikarib:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: When a man loves his brother, he should tell him that he loves him.

Book 41, Number 5106:

Narrated Anas ibn Malik:

A man was with the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and a man passed by him and said: Apostle of Allah! I love this man. The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) then asked: Have you informed him? He replied: No. He said: Inform him. He then went to him and said: I love you for Allah's sake. He replied: May He for Whose sake you love me love you!

Book 41, Number 5109:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: He who is consulted is trustworthy.

Book 41, Number 5111:

Narrated AbudDarda':

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Your love for a thing causes blindness and deafness.

Book 41, Number 5113:

Narrated Mu'awiyah:

Make intercession, you will be rewarded, for I purposely delay a matter so that you intercede and then you are rewarded. The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: If you make intercession, you will be rewarded.

Book 41, Number 5115:

Narrated al-Ala' ibn al-Hadrami:

Some of the children of al-Ala' ibn al-Hadrami said: Al-Ala' ibn al-Hadrami was the governor of the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) at al-Bahrayn, and when he wrote to him he began with his won name.

Book 41, Number 5117:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) wrote a letter to Heraclius: "From Muhammad, the Apostle of Allah, to Hiraql (Heraclius), Chief of the Byzantines. Peace be to those who follow the guidance." Ibn Yahya reported on the authority of Ibn Abbas that AbuSufyan said to him: We then came to see Hiraql (Heraclius) who seated us before him. He then called for the letter from the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him). Its contents were: "In the name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful, from Muhammad the Apostle of Allah, to Hiraql, chief of Byzantines. Peace be to those who follow the guidance. To proceed."

Book 41, Number 5119:

A woman was my wife and I loved her, but Umar hated her. He said to me: Divorce her, but I refused. Umar then went to the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and mentioned that to him. The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Divorce her.

Book 41, Number 5120:

Narrated Mu'awiyah ibn Hayadah:

I said: Apostle of Allah! to whom should I show kindness? He replied: Your mother, next your mother, next your mother, and then comes your father, and then your relatives in order of relationship. The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: If a man asks his slave whom he freed for giving him property which is surplus with him and he refuses to give it to him, the surplus property which he refused to give will be called on the Day of resurrection as a large bald snake.

Book 41, Number 5121:

Narrated Bakr ibn al-Harith al-Anmari:

Bakr went to the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and said: Apostle of Allah! to whom should I show kindness? He said: Your mother, your sister, your brother and the slave whom you set free and who is your relative, a due binding (on you), and a tie of relationship which should be joined.

Book 41, Number 5123:

Narrated AbuUsayd Malik ibn Rabi'ah as-Sa'idi:

While we were with the Apostle of Allah! (peace_be_upon_him) a man of Banu Salmah came to Him and said: Apostle of Allah is there any kindness left that I can do to my parents after their death? He replied: Yes, you can invoke blessings on them, forgiveness for them, carry out their final instructions after their death, join ties of relationship which are dependent on them, and honour their friends.

Book 41, Number 5125:

Narrated AbutTufayl:

I saw the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) distributing flesh at Ji'irranah, and I was a boy in those days bearing the bone of the camel, and when a woman who came forward approach the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him), he spread out his cloak for her, and she sat on it. I asked: Who is she? The people said: She is his foster-mother.

Book 41, Number 5126:

Narrated Umar ibn as-Sa'ib:

One day when the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) was sitting, his foster-father came forward. He spread out of a part of his garment and he sit on it. Then his mother came forward to him and he spread out the other side of his garment and she sat on it. Again , his foster-brother came forward. The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) stood for him and seated him before himself.

Book 41, Number 5127:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: If anyone has a female child, and does not bury her alive, or slight her, or prefer his children (i.e. the male ones) to her, Allah will bring him into Paradise. Uthman did not mention "male children".

Book 41, Number 5128:

Narrated AbuSa'id al-Khudri:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: If anyone cares for three daughters, disciplines them, marries them, and does good to them, he will go to Paradise.

Book 41, Number 5130:

Narrated Awf ibn Malik al-Ashja'i':

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: I and a woman whose cheeks have become black shall on the Day of Resurrection be like these two (pointing to the middle and forefinger), i.e. a woman of rank and beauty who has been bereft of her husband and devotes herself to her fatherless children till they go their separate ways or die.

Book 41, Number 5133:

Narrated Abdullah ibn Amr ibn al-'As:

Mujahid said that Abdullah ibn Amr slaughtered a sheep and said: Have you presented a gift from it to my neighbour, the Jew, for I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say: Gabriel kept on commending the neighbour to me so that I thought he would make an heir?

Book 41, Number 5137:

Narrated Ali ibn AbuTalib:

The last words which the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) spoke were: Prayer, prayer; fear Allah about those whom your right hands possess.

Book 41, Number 5142:

Narrated AbuDharr:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Feed those of your slaves who please you from what you eat and clothe them with what you clothe yourselves, but sell those who do not please you and do not punish Allah's creatures.

Book 41, Number 5143:

Narrated Rafi' ibn Makith:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Treating those under one's authority will produce prosperity, but an evil nature produces evil fortune.

Book 41, Number 5144:

Narrated Rafi' ibn Makith:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: Treating those under one's authority well produces prosperity, but an evil nature produces evil fortune.

Book 41, Number 5145:

A man came to the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and asked: Apostle of Allah! how often shall I forgive a servant? He gave no reply, so the man repeated what he had said, but he still kept silence. When he asked a third time, he replied: Forgive him seventy times daily.

Book 41, Number 5148:

Narrated Mu'awiyah ibn Suwayd ibn Muqarrin:

I slapped a freed slave of ours. My father called him and me and said: Take retaliation on him. We, the people of Banu Muqarrin, were seven during the time of the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him),and we had only a female servant. A man of us slapped her. The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: Set her free. They said: We have no other servant than her. He said: She must serve them till they become well off. When they become well off, they should set her free.

Book 41, Number 5151:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: If anyone corrupts (instigates) the wife of a man or his slave (against him), he is not from us.

Book 41, Number 5153:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: If anyone peeps into the house of a people without their permission and he knocks out his eye, no responsibility is incurred for his eye.

Book 41, Number 5154:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: When one has a look into the house, then there is no (need of) permission.

Book 41, Number 5155:

Narrated Huzayl:

A man came. Uthman's version has: Sa'd ibn AbuWaqqas came. He stood at the door. Uthman's version has: (He stood) facing the door. The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said to him: Away from it, (stand) this side or that side. Asking permission is meant to escape from the look of an eye.

Book 41, Number 5157:

Narrated Kaladah ibn Hanbal:

Safwan ibn Umayyah sent him with some milk, a young gazelle and some small cucumbers to the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) when he was in the upper part of Mecca. I entered but I did not give a salutation. He said: Go back and say: "Peace be upon you"! This happened after Safwan ibn Umayyah and embraced Islam. Amr said: Ibn Safwan told me all this on the authority of Kaladah ibn Hanbal, and he did not say: I heard it from him.

Book 41, Number 5158:

Narrated Rib'i:

A man of Banu Amir told that he asked the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) for permission (to enter the house) when he was in the house, saying: May I enter ? The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said to his servant: Go out to this (man) and teach him how to ask permission to enter the house, and say to him: "Say : Peace be upon you. May I enter?" The man heard it and said: Peace be upon you! May I enter ? The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) permitted him and he entered.

Book 41, Number 5166:

Narrated Qays ibn Sa'd:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) came to visit us in our house, and said: "Peace and Allah's mercy be upon him you!

Book 41, Number 5166a:

Narrated Qays ibn Sa'd:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) came to visit us in our house, and said: Peace and Allah's mercy be upon you! Sa'd returned the greeting in a lower tone.

Qays said: I said: Do you not grant permission to the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) to enter?

He said: Leave him, he will give us many greetings. The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) then said: Peace and Allah's mercy be upon you! Sa'd again responded in a lower tone. The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) again said: Peace and Allah's mercy be upon you! So the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) went away.

Sa'd went after him and said: Apostle of Allah! I heard your greetings and responded in a lower tone so that you might give us many greetings. The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) returned with him. Sa'd then offered to prepare bath-water for him, and he took a bath. He then gave him a long wrapper dyed with saffron or wars and he wrapped himself in it.

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) then raised his hands and said: O Allah, bestow Thy blessings and mercy on the family of Sa'd ibn Ubadah! The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) then shared their meals.

When he intended to return, Sa'd brought near him an ass which was covered with a blanket. The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) mounted it.

Sa'd said: O Qays, accompany the Apostle of Allah. Qays said: The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said to me: Ride. But I refused. He again said: Either ride or go away. He said: So I went away.

Hisham said: AbuMarwan (transmitted) from Muhammad ibn AbdurRahman ibn As'ad ibn Zurarah.

Book 41, Number 5167:

Narrated Abdullah ibn Busr:

When the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) came to some people's door, he did not face it squarely, but faced the right or left corner, and said: Peace be upon you! peace be upon you! That was because there were no curtains on the doors of the house at that time.

Book 41, Number 5169:

Narrated Nafi' ibn AbdulHarith:

I went out with the (Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) until I entered a garden, he said: Keep on closing the door. The door was then closed. I then said: Who is there ? He then narrated the rest of the tradition.

Book 41, Number 5170:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: A man's messenger sent to another indicates his permission to enter.

Book 41, Number 5171:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: When one of you is invited to take meals and comes along with the messenger, that serves as permission for him to enter.

Book 41, Number 5173:

Narrated Abdullah Ibn Abbas:

Ikrimah said: A group of people from Iraq said: Ibn Abbas, what is your opinion about the verse in which we have been commanded whatever we have been commanded, but no one acts upon it? The word of Allah, Most High, reads: "O ye who believe! Let those whom your right hands possess, and the (children) among you, who have not come of age, ask your permission (before) they enter your presence on three occasions: before morning prayer, while you are undressing for the noonday heat, and after late-night prayer. These are your three times of undress; outside those times it is not wrong for you or for them to move about."

Al-Qa'nabi recited the verse up to "full of knowledge and wisdom".

Ibn Abbas said: Allah is Most Clement and Most Merciful to the believers. He loves concealment. The people had neither curtains nor curtained canopies in their houses. Sometimes a servant, a child or a female orphan of a man entered while the man was having sexual intercourse with his wife. So Allah commanded them to ask permission in those times of undress. Then Allah brought them curtains and all good things. But I did not see anyone following it after that.

Book 41, Number 5176:

Narrated Imran ibn Husayn:

A man came to the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and said: Peace be upon you! He responded to his salutation. He then sat down. The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Ten. Another man came and said: Peace and Allah's mercy be upon you! He responded to his salutation when he sat down. He said: Twenty. Another man came and said: Peace and Allah's mercy and blessings be upon you! He responded to him and said when he sat down: and blessings be upon you! He responded to him and said when he sat down: Thirty.

Book 41, Number 5177:

Narrated Mu'adh ibn Anas:

(This version is same as previous No 5176 from the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him), adding that): Afterwards another man came and said: Peace and Allah's mercy, blessings and forgiveness be upon you! whereupon he said: Forty. adding: Thus are excellent qualities rewarded.

Book 41, Number 5178:

Narrated AbuUmamah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Those who are nearest to Allah are they who are first to give a salutation.

Book 41, Number 5181:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

When one of you meets his brother, he should salute him, then if he meets him again after a tree, wall or stone has come between them, he should also salute him.

Book 41, Number 5182:

Umar came to the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) when he was in his wooden oriel, and said to him: Peace be upon you. Apostle of Allah, peace be upon you! May Umar enter ?

Book 41, Number 5183:

Narrated Anas ibn Malik:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) came to some children who were playing: He saluted them.

Book 41, Number 5184:

Narrated Anas ibn Malik:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) came to us when I was a boy among the boys. He saluted us and took me by my hand. He then sent me with some message. He himself sat in the shadow of a wall, or he said: near a wall until I returned to him.

Book 41, Number 5186:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

Suhayl ibn AbuSalih said: I went out with my father to Syria. The people passed by the cloisters in which there were Christians and began to salute them. My father said: Do not give them salutation first, for AbuHurayrah reported the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) as saying: Do not salute them (Jews and Christians) first, and when you meet them on the road, force them to go to the narrowest part of it.

Book 41, Number 5187:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: When one of the Jews greets you saying: Death may come upon you, reply: The same to you.

Book 41, Number 5189:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: When one of you comes to an assembly, he should give a salutation and if he feels inclined to get up, he should give a salutation, for the former is not more of a duty than the latter.

Book 41, Number 5190:

Narrated AbuJurayy al-Hujaymi:

I came to the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and said: Upon you be peace, Apostle of Allah! He said: Do not say: Upon you be peace, for "Upon you be peace" is the salutation to the dead.

Book 41, Number 5191:

Narrated Ali ibn AbuTalib:

AbuDawud said: Al-Hasan ibn Ali traced this tradition back to the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him): When people are passing by, it is enough if one of them gives a salutation on their behalf, and that it is enough for those who are sitting if one of them replies.

Book 41, Number 5192:

Narrated Al-Bara' ibn Azib:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: If two Muslims meet, shake hands, praise Allah, and ask Him for forgiveness, they will be forgiven.

Book 41, Number 5193:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Two Muslims will not meet and shake hands having their sins forgiven them before they separate.

Book 41, Number 5194:

Narrated Anas ibn Malik:

When the people of the Yemen came, the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: The people of the Yemen have come to you and they are first to shake hands.

Book 41, Number 5195:

Narrated AbuDharr:

Ayyub ibn Bushayr ibn Ka'b al-Adawi quoted a man of Anazah who said that he asked AbuDharr when he left Syria: I wish to ask you about a tradition of the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him). He said: I shall tell you except that it is something secret. Did the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) shake hands with you when you met him? He replied: I never met him without his shaking hands with me. One day he sent for me when I was not at home. When I came I was informed that he had sent for me. I came to him and found him on a couch. He embraced me and that was better and better.

Book 41, Number 5198:

I never saw anyone more like the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) in respect of gravity, calm deportment, pleasant disposition - according to al-Hasan's version: in respect of talk and speech. Al-Hasan did not mention gravity, calm deportment, pleasant disposition - than Fatimah, may Allah honour her face. When she came to visit him (the Prophet) he got up to (welcome) her, took her by the hand, kissed her and made her sit where he was sitting; and when he went to visit her, she got up to (welcome) him, took him by the hand, kissed him, and made him sit where she was sitting.

Book 41, Number 5201:

Narrated Ash-Sha'bi:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) received Ja'far ibn AbuTalib, embraced him and kissed him between both of his eyes (forehead).

Book 41, Number 5202:

Narrated AbuNadrah:

Ilyas ibn Dighfal said: I saw AbuNadrah kissing on the cheek of al-Hasan.

Book 41, Number 5203:

I went in with AbuBakr when he had newly come to Medina and he found his daughter Aisha lying down afflicted with fever. AbuBakr went to her, and saying: How are you, girlie? kissed her on the cheek.

Book 41, Number 5204:

Ibn Umar told a story and said: We then came near the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and kissed his hand.

Book 41, Number 5205:

Narrated Usayd ibn Hudayr,:

AbdurRahman ibn AbuLayla, quoting Usayd ibn Hudayr, a man of the Ansar, said that while he was given to jesting and was talking to the people and making them laugh, the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) poked him under the ribs with a stick. He said: Let me take retaliation. He said: Take retaliation. He said: You are wearing a shirt but I am not. The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) then raised his shirt and the man embraced him and began to kiss his side. Then he said: This is what I wanted, Apostle of Allah!

Book 41, Number 5206:

Narrated al-Wazi' ibn Zari':

Umm Aban, daughter of al-Wazi' ibn Zari', quoting his grandfather, who was a member of the deputation of AbdulQays, said: When we came to Medina, we raced to be first to dismount and kiss the hand and foot of the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him). But al-Mundhir al-Ashajj waited until he came to the bundle of his clothes. He put on his two garments and then he went to the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him).

He said to him: You have two characteristics which Allah likes: gentleness and deliberation.

He asked: Have I acquired them or has Allah has created (them) my nature? He replied: No, Allah has created (them) in your nature.

He then said: Praise be to Allah Who has created in my nature two characteristics which Allah and His Apostle like.

Book 41, Number 5207:

Narrated AbuDharr:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) addressed me, saying: O AbuDharr! I replied: At thy service and at thy pleasure, Apostle of Allah! may I be ransom for thee.

Book 41, Number 5208:

Narrated Imran ibn Husayn:

In the pre-Islamic period we used to say: "May Allah make the eye happy for you," and "Good morning" but when Islam came, we were forbidden to say that. AbdurRazzaq said on the authority of Ma'mar: It is disapproved that a man should say: "May Allah make the eye happy for you," but there is no harm in saying: "May Allah make your eye happy.

Book 41, Number 5210:

Narrated Mu'awiyah:

AbuMijlaz said: Mu'awiyah went out to Ibn az-Zubayr and Ibn Amir. Ibn Amir got up and Ibn az-Zubayr remained sitting. Mu'awiyah said to Ibn Amir: Sit down, for I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say: Let him who likes people to stand up before him prepare his place in Hell.

Book 41, Number 5211:

Narrated AbuUmamah:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) came out to us leaning on a stick. We stood up to show respect to him. He said: Do not stand up as foreigners do for showing respect to one another.

Book 41, Number 5212:

Narrated A man:

Ghalib said: When we were sitting at al-Hasan's door, a man came along. He said: My father told me on the authority of my grandfather, saying: My father sent me to the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) and said: Go to him and give him a greeting. So I went to him and said: My father sends you a greeting. He said: Upon you and upon your father be peace.

Book 41, Number 5214:

Narrated AbuAbdurRahman al-Fihri:

I was present with the Apostle of Allah at the battle of Hunayn. We travelled on a hot day when the heat was extreme. We halted under the shade of a tree. When the sun passed the meridian, I put on my coat of mail and rode on my horse. I came to the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) who was in a tent.

I said: Peace, Allah's mercy and His blessings be upon you! The time of departure has come.

He said: Yes. He then said: Rise, Bilal. He jumped out from beneath a gum-acacia tree and its shade was like that of a bird.

He said: I am at your service and at your pleasure, and I make myself a sacrifice for you.

He said: Put the saddle on the horse for me. He then took out a saddle, both sides of which were stuffed with palm-leaves; it showed no arrogance and pride. So he rode and we also rode. He then mentioned the rest of the tradition.

Book 41, Number 5215:

Narrated Abbas ibn Mirdas:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) laughed AbuBakr or Umar said to him: May Allah make your teeth laugh! He then mentioned the tradition.

Book 41, Number 5216:

Narrated Abdullah ibn Amr ibn al-'As:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) came upon us when my mother and I were plastering a wall of mine. He asked: What is this, Abdullah ? I replied: It is something I am repairing. He said! The matter is quicker for you than that.

Book 41, Number 5218:

Narrated Anas ibn Malik:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) came out, and on seeing a high-domed building, he said: What is it?

His companions replied to him: It belongs to so and so, one of the Ansar.

He said: he said nothing but kept the matter in mind. When its owner came and gave him a greeting among the people, he turned away from him. When he had done this several times, the man realised that he was the cause of the anger and the rebuff.

So he complained about it to his companions, saying: I swear by Allah that I cannot understand the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him).

They said: He went out and saw your domed building. So the man returned to it and demolished it, levelling it to the ground. One day the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) came out and did not see it.

He asked: What has happened to the domed building?

They replied: Its owner complained to us about your rebuff, and when we informed him about it, he demolished it.

He said: Every building is a misfortune for its owner, except what cannot, except what cannot, meaning except that which is essential.

Book 41, Number 5219:

Narrated Dukayn ibn Sa'id al-Muzani:

We came to the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and asked him for some corn. He said: Go, Umar, and give them. He ascended with us a room upstairs, took a key from his apartment and opened it.

Book 41, Number 5220:

Narrated Abdullah ibn Habashi:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: If anyone cuts the lote-tree, Allah brings him headlong into Hell.

Book 41, Number 5221:

Narrated Hassan ibn Ibrahim:

I asked Hisham ibn Urwah about the cutting of a lote-tree when he was leaning against the house of Urwah. He said: Do you not see these doors and leaves? These were made of the lote-tree of Urwah which Urwah used to cut from his hand? He said: There is no harm in it.

Humayd's version adds: You have brought an innovation, O Iraqi! He said: The innovation is from you. I heard someone say at Mecca: The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) cursed him who cuts a lote-tree. He then mentioned the rest of the tradition to the same effect.

Book 41, Number 5222:

Narrated Buraydah ibn al-Hasib:

I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say: A human being has three hundred and sixty joints for each of which he must give alms. The people asked him: Who is capable of doing this ? He replied: It may be mucus in the mosque which you bury, and something which you remove from the road; but if you do not find such, two rak'ahs in the forenoon will be sufficient for you.

Book 41, Number 5223:

Narrated AbuDharr:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: In the morning alms are due from every bone in man's fingers and toes. Salutation to everyone he meets is alms; enjoining good is alms; forbidding what is disreputable is alms; removing what is harmful from the road is alms; having sexual intercourse with his wife is alms. The people asked: He fulfils his desire, Apostle of Allah; is it alms? He replied: Tell me if he fulfilled his desire where he had no right, would he commit a sin ? He then said: Two rak'ahs which one prays in the forenoon serve instead of all that.

Book 41, Number 5225:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: A man never did a good deed but removed a thorny branch from the road; it was either in the tree and someone cut it and threw it on the road, or it was lying in it, he removed it. Allah accepted this good deed of his and brought him into Paradise.

Book 41, Number 5228:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: We have not made peace with them since we fought with them, so he who leaves any of them alone through fear does not belong to us.

Book 41, Number 5229:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Kill all the snakes, and he who fears their revenge does not belong to me.

Book 41, Number 5230:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: He who leaves the snakes along through fear of their pursuit, does not belong to us. We have not made peace with them since we have fought with them.

Book 41, Number 5231:

Narrated Al-Abbas ibn AbdulMuttalib:

Al-Abbas said to the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him): We wish to sweep out Zamzam, but in it there are some of these Jinnan, meaning small snakes; so the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) ordered that they should be killed.

Book 41, Number 5236:

Narrated AbuSa'id al-Khudri:

Muhammad ibn AbuYahya said that his father told that he and his companion went to AbuSa'id al-Khudri to pay a sick visit to him. He said: Then we came out from him and met a companion of ours who wanted to go to him. We went ahead and sat in the mosque. He then came back and told us that he heard AbuSa'id al-Khudri say: The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: Some snakes are jinn; so when anyone sees one of them in his house, he should give it a warning three times. If it return (after that), he should kill it, for it is a devil.

Book 41, Number 5240:

Narrated AbdurRahman Ibn AbuLayla:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) was asked about the house-snakes. He said: When you see one of them in your dwelling, say: I adjure you by the covenant which Noah made with you, and I adjure you by the covenant which Solomon made with you not to harm us. Then if they come back, kill them.

Book 41, Number 5241:

Kill all the snakes except the little white one which looks like a silver wand.

Book 41, Number 5243:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: If anyone kills a gecko with the first blow, such and such number of good deeds will be recorded for him, if he kills it with the second blow, such and such number of good deeds will be recorded for him less than the former; and if he kills it with the third blow, such and such number of good deeds will be recorded for him, less than the former.

Book 41, Number 5244:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: For the first blow seventy good deeds will be recorded.

Book 41, Number 5247:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) prohibited to kill four creatures: ants, bees, hoopoes, and sparrow-hawks.

Book 41, Number 5249:

Narrated AbdurRahman ibn Uthman:

When a physician consulted the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) about putting frogs in medicine, he forbade him to kill them.

Book 41, Number 5251:

Narrated Umm Atiyyah al-Ansariyyah:

A woman used to perform circumcision in Medina. The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said to her: Do not cut severely as that is better for a woman and more desirable for a husband.

Book 41, Number 5252:

Narrated AbuUsayd al-Ansari:

AbuUsayd heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say when he was coming out of the mosque, and men and women were mingled in the road: Draw back, for you must not walk in the middle of the road; keep to the sides of the road. Then women were keeping so close to the wall that their garments were rubbing against it.

Book 41, Number 5253:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) prohibited that one, i.e. man, should walk between two women.
Back to top Go down
https://islam4u.ahlamontada.com

General Behavior (Kitab Al-Adab) 3
Page 1 of 1