islam4u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
islam4u

islamic, social, cultural

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Book of Faith (Kitab Al-Iman) 7

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

The Book of Faith (Kitab Al-Iman)    7 Empty
PostSubject: The Book of Faith (Kitab Al-Iman) 7   The Book of Faith (Kitab Al-Iman)    7 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 10:11 am

Book 001, Number 0398:

Anas reported: Verily, a person said: Messenger of Allah, where is my father? He said: (He) is in the Fire. When he turned away, he (the Holy Prophet) called him and said: Verily my father and your father are in the Fire.

Chapter 87: REGARDING THE WORDS OF ALLAH:" AND WARN THY NEAREST KINDRED"
Book 001, Number 0399:

Abu Huraira reported: When this verse was revealed:" And warn thy nearest kindred (al-Qur'an, xxvi. 214), the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) called the Quraish; so they gathered and he gave them a general warning. Then he made a particular (reference to certain tribes) and said: O sons of Ka'b b. Luwayy, rescue yourselves from the Fire; O sons of Murra b. Ka'b, rescue yourselves from the Fire: O sons of Abd Shams, rescue yourselves from the Fire; 0 sons of Abd Manaf rescue yourselves from the Fire; O sons of Hashim, rescue yourselves from the Fire; 0 sons of Abd al-Muttalib, rescue yourselves from the Fire; O Fatimah, rescue thyself from the Fire, for I have no power (to protect you) from Allah in anything except this that I would sustain relationship with you.

Book 001, Number 0400:

The same hadith is narrated by Ubaidallah b. Umar al-Qawariri from Abu 'Uwana, who transmitted it to 'Abd al-Malik b. 'Umair on the same chain of transmitter and the hadith of Jarir is more perfect and comprehensive.

Book 001, Number 0401:

It is narrated on the authority of 'A'isha that when this verse was revealed:" And warn thy nearest kindred," the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) stood up on Safa' and said: O Fatima, daughter of Muhammad. O Safiya, daughter of 'Abd al-Muttalib, O sons of 'Abd al-Muttalib. I have nothing which can avail you against Allah; you may ask me what you want of my worldly belongings.

Book 001, Number 0402:

Abu Huraira reported: When (this verse) was revealed to him:" Warn your nearest kinsmen." the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: O people of Quraish, buy yourselves from Allah, I cannot avail you at all against Allah; O sons of Abd al-Muttalib. I cannot avail you at all against Allah; 0 Abbas b. 'Abd al- Muttalib, I cannot avail you at all against Allah; O Safiya (aunt of the Messenger of Allah), I cannot avail you at all against Allah; 0 Fatima, daughter of Muhammad, ask me whatever you like, but I cannot avail you at all against Allah.

Book 001, Number 0403:

This hadith is narrated from the Apostle (may peace be upon him) by another chain of narrators, 'Amr al-Naqid, Mu'awiya b. 'Amr, Abdullah b. Dhakwan, A'raj on the authority of Abu Huraira.

Book 001, Number 0404:

Qabisa b. al-Mukhariq and Zuhair b. 'Amr reported: When this verse was revealed:" And warn thy nearest kindred," the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) set off towards a rock of the hill and ascended the highest of the rocks and then called: 0 sons of 'Abd Manaf! I am a warner; my similitude and your similitude is like a man who saw the enemy and went to guard his people, but, being afraid they might get there before him, he shouted: Be on your guard!

Book 001, Number 0405:

This hadith is narrated from the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) by another chain of narrators, Muhammad b. Abd al-A'la, Mu'tamir, Abu 'Uthman, Zuhair b. 'Amr, Qabisa b. Mukhariq.

Book 001, Number 0406:

It is reported on the authority of Ibn 'Abbas that when this verse was revealed:" And warn thy nearest kindred" (and thy group of selected people among them) the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) set off till he climbed Safa' and called loudly: Be on your guard! They said: Who is it calling aloud? They said: Muhammad. They gathered round him, and he said: O sons of so and so, O sons of so and so, O sons of 'Abd Manaf, O sons of 'Abd al-Muttalib, and they gathered around him. He (the Apostle) said: If I were to inform you that there were horsemen emerging out of the foot of this mountain, would you believe me? They said: We have not experienced any lie from you. He said: Well, I am a warner to you before a severe torment. He (the narrator) said that Abu Lahab then said: Destruction to you! Is it for this you have gathered us? He (the Holy Prophet) then stood up, and this verse was revealed:" Perish the hands of Abu Lahab, and he indeed perished" (cxi. 1). A'mash recited this to the end of the Sura.

Book 001, Number 0407:

This hadith was narrated by A'mash on the authority of the same chain of narrators and he said: One day the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) climbed the hill of Safa' and said: Be on your guard, and the rest of the hadith was narrated like the hadith transmitted by Usama; he made no mention of the revelation of the verse:" Warn thy nearest kindred."

Chapter 88: INTERCESSION OF THE MESSENGER OF ALLAH (MAY PEACE BE UPON HIM) FOR ABU TALIB AND SOME REMISSION FOR HIM ON THIS ACCOUNT
Book 001, Number 0408:

It is reported on the authority of 'Abbas b. Abd al-Muttalib that he said: Messenger of Allah, have you benefited Abu Talib in any way for he defended you and was fervent in your defence? The Messenger of Allah (may peace he upon him) said: Yes; he would be in the most shallow part of the Fire: and but for me he would have been in the lowest part of Hell.

Book 001, Number 0409:

Abdullah b. al-Harith reported: I heard Abbas say: I said: Messenger of Allah, verily Abu Talib defended you and helped you; would it be beneficial for him? He (the Holy Prophet) said: Yes; I found him in the lowest part of the Fire and I brought him to the shallow part.

Book 001, Number 0410:

This hadith is narrated from the Apostle (may peace be upon him) like one narrated by Abu 'Uwana on the authority of the chain of transmitters like Muhammad b. Hatim, Yahya b. Sa'id, Abu Sufyan, 'Abbas b. 'Abd al-Muttalib and others.

Book 001, Number 0411:

Abu Sa'id al-Khudri reported: A mention was made of his uncle Abu Talib before the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) He said: My intercession may benefit him on the Day of Resurrection and he may be placed in the shallow part of the Fire which would reach his ankles and his brain would be boiling.

Book 001, Number 0412:

Abu Sa'id al-Khudri reported: Verily, the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: The least tormented of the inhabitants of the Fire would be he who would wear two shoes of Fire and his brain would boil on account of the heat of the shoes.

Book 001, Number 0413:

Ibn 'Abbas reported: The Prophet (may peace be upon him) said: Among the inhabitants of the Fire Abu Talib would have the least suffering, and he would be wearing two shoes (of Fire) which would boil his brain.

Book 001, Number 0414:

Nu'man b. Bashir was delivering an address and saying: I heard the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) say: the least suffering for the inhabitants of Hell on the Day of Resurrection would be for the man under whose soles would be placed two embers and his brain would boil on account of them.

Book 001, Number 0415:

Nu'man b. Bashir reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Verily the least suffering for the inhabitants of Fire would be for him who would have two shoes and two laces of Fire (on his feet), and with these would boil his brain as boils the cooking vessel, and he would think that he would not see anyone in a more grievous torment than him, whereas he would be in the least torment.

Chapter 89: PROOF IN SUPPORT OF THE FACT THAT HE WHO DIED IN UNBELIEF HIS DEED WOULD NOT BE OF ANY AVAIL TO HIM
Book 001, Number 0416:

'A'isha reported: I said: Messenger of Allah, the son of Jud'an established ties of relationship, fed the poor. Would that be of any avail to him? He said: It would be of no avail to him as he did not ever say: O my Lord, pardon my sins on the Day of Resurrection.

Chapter 90: FRIENDSHIP WITH BELIEVERS AND DISSOCIATION WITH NON-BELIEVERS AND SEVERANCE FROM THEM
Book 001, Number 0417:

'Amr b. 'As reported: I heard it from the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) quite audibly and not secretly: Behold! the posterity of my fathers, that is, so and so, are not my friends. Verily Allah and the pious believers are my friends.

Chapter 91: THE ADMITTANCE INTO PARADISE OF A GROUP OF MUSLIMS WITHOUT RENDERING ANY ACCOUNT AND SUFFERING PUNISHMENT (TORMENT)
Book 001, Number 0418:

It is narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira that the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Seventy thousand (persons) of my Ummah would enter Paradise without rendering an account. Upon this a person said: Messenger of Allah. pray to Allah that He make me one of them. He (the Holy Prophet) said: O Allah! make him one of them. Then another stood up and said: Messenger of Allah, pray to Allah that He make me one of them. He (the Holy Prophet) said: 'Ukkasha has preceded you in this matter.

Book 001, Number 0419:

Muhammad b. Ziyad reported: I heard Abu Huraira narrate this: I heard it from the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) saying a hadith like one narrated by al-Rabi'.

Book 001, Number 0420:

Abu Huraira reported: I heard it from the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) saying: A group of my Ummah consisting of seventy thousand persons would enter Paradise; their faces would be as bright as the brightness of the full moon. Abd Huraira said: 'Ukkasha b. Mihsan al-Asadi then stood up wrapping the blanket around him and said: Messenger of Allah, supplicate (before) Allah that He should make me one among them. Upon this the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: O Allah, make him among them. Then stood up a man from the Ansa and said: Messenger of Allah, pray to Allah that He should make me one among them. The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: 'Ukkasha has preceded you in this matter.

Book 001, Number 0421:

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Seventy thousand (persons) would enter Paradise as one group and among them (there would be people) whom faces would be bright like the moon.

Book 001, Number 0422:

It is reported on the authority of 'Imran that the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Seventy thousand people of my Ummah would be admitted into Paradise without rendering any account. They (the companions) said: Who would be of those (fortunate persons)? He (the Holy Prophet) said: Those who do not cauterise and practise charm, but repose trust in their Lord, 'Ukkasha then stood up and said: Supplicate (before) Allah that He should make me one among them. He (the Holy Prophet) said: Thou art one among them He (the narrator) said: A man stood up and said: Apostle of Allah, supplicate (before) Allah that He should make me one among them. He (the Holy Prophet said: 'Ukkasha has preceded you (in this matter).

Book 001, Number 0423:

'Imran b. Husain reported: Verily the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Seventy thousand men of my Ummah would enter Paradise without rendering account. They (the companions of the Holy Prophet) said: Who would be those, Messenger of Allah? He (the Holy Prophet) said: They would be those who neither practise charm, not take omens, nor do they cauterise, but they repose their trust in their Lord.

Book 001, Number 0424:

Abu Hazim narrated it on the authority of Ibn Sa'd that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Seventy thousand persons or seven hundred thousand persons (Abu Hazim does not remember the exact number) would enter Paradise holding and supporting one another, and the first among them would not enter till the last among them would enter (therein) ; (they would enter simultaneously) and their faces would be bright like the full moon.

Book 001, Number 0425:

Husain b. 'Abd al-Rahman reported: I was with Sa'id b. Jubair when he said: Who amongst you saw a star shooting last night? I said: It was I; then I said: I was in fact not (busy) in prayer, but was stung by a scorpion (and that is the reason why I was awake and had a glimpse of the shooting star). He said: Then what did you do? I said: I practised charm. He said: What urged you to do this? I said: (I did this according to the implied suggestion) of the hadith which al-Shu'ba narrated. He said: What did al-Shu'ba narrate to you? I said: Buraida b. Husaib al-Aslami narrated to us. The charm is of no avail except in case of the (evil influence) of an eye or the sting of a scorpion. He said: He who acted according to what he had heard (from the Holy Prophet) acted rightly, but Ibn 'Abbas narrated to us from the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) that he said: There were brought before me the peoples and I saw an apostle and a small group (of his followers) along with him, another (apostle) and one or two persons (along with him) and (still another) apostle having no one with him. When a very large group was brought to me I conceived as if it were my Ummah. Then it was said to me: It is Moses and his people. You should look at the horizon, and I saw a very huge group. It was again said to me: See the other side of the horizon, and there was (also) a very huge group. It was said to me: This is your Ummah, and amongst them there were seventy thousand persons who would be made to enter Paradise without rendering any account and without (suffering) any torment. He then stood up and went to his house. Then the people began to talk about the people who would be admitted to Paradise without rendering any account and without (suffering) any torment. Some of them said: They may be those who (have had the good fortune of living) in the company of the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) and some of them said: They be those who were born in Islam and did not associate anything with Allah. Some people mentioned other things. Thereupon came forth the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) before them and he said: What was that which you were talking about? They informed him. He said: They are those persons who neither practise charm, nor ask others to practise it, nor do they take omens, and repose their trust in their Lord. Upon this 'Ukkasha b. Mihsan stood up and said: Supplicate for me that He should make me one among them. Upon this he (Messenger of Allah) said: Thou are one among them. Then another man stood up and said: Supplicate before Allah that He should make me one among them. Upon this he said: 'Ukkisha has preceded you.

Book 001, Number 0426:

Ibn 'Abbas reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Peoples would be presented to me (on the Day of Resurrection), and then the remaining part of the hadith was narrated like the one transmitted by Hushaim, but he made no mention of the first portion.

Chapter 92: THIS UMMAH (UMMAH OF ISLAM) WOULD CONSTITUTE HALF OF THE INHABITANTS OF PARADISE
Book 001, Number 0427:

Abdullah b. Mas'ud reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) addressing us said: Aren't you pleased that you should constitute one-fourth of the inhabitants of Paradise? He (the narrator) said: We glorified (our Lord, i. e. we called aloud Allah-o Akbar, Allah is the Greatest). He, then, again said: Aren't you pleased that you should constitute one-third of the inhabitants of Paradise? He (the narrator) said: We glorified (our Lord) and he (the Holy Prophet) then again said: I hope that you would constitute half of the inhabitants of Paradise and I shall explain to you its (reason). The believers among the unbelievers would not be more than a white hair on (the body of a) black ox or a black hair on (the body of a) white ox.

Book 001, Number 0428:

'Abdullah (b. Mas'ud) reported: We, about forty men, were with the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) in a camp when he said: Aren't you pleased that they should constitute one-fourth of the inhabitants of Paradise? He (the narrator) said: Yes. He (the Holy Prophet) again said: Aren't you pleased that you should constitute one-third of the inhabitants of Paradise? They said: Yes. Upon this he again said: By Him in Whose Hand is my life, I hope that you would constitute one-half of the inhabitants of Paradise and the reason is that no one would be admitted into Paradise but a believer and you are no more among the polytheists than as a white hair on the skin of a black ox or a black hair on the skin of a red ox.

Book 001, Number 0429:

Abdullah b Mas'ud reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) addressed us and then supported his back (by reclining) against a leather tent and said: Behold, no one but a believing person would enter Paradise. O Allah, (see) have I conveyed (it not)? 0 Allah, be witness (to it that I have conveyed it). (Then addressing the companions) he said: Don't you like that you should constitute one-fourth of the inhabitants of Paradise? We said: Yes, Messenger of Allah. He again said: Don't you like that you should constitute one-third of the inhabitants of Paradise? They said: Yes, Messenger of Allah. He said: I hope that you would constitute one- half of the inhabitants of Paradise and you would be among the peoples of the world, like a black hair on (the body of) a white ox or like a white hair on the body of a black ox.

Book 001, Number 0430:

Abu Sa'id reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Allah, the High and Glorious, would say: O Adam I and he would say: At Thy service, at thy beck and call, O Lord, and the good is in Thy Hand. Allah would say: Bring forth the group of (the denizens of) Fire. He (Adam) would say: Who are the denizens of Hell? It would be said: They are out of every thousand nine hundred and ninety-nine. He (the Holy Prophet) said: It is at this juncture that every child would become white-haired and every pregnant woman would abort and you would see people in a state of intoxication, and they would not be in fact intoxicated but grievous will be the torment of Allah. He (the narrator) said: This had a very depressing effect upon them (upon the companions of the Holy Prophet) and they said: Messenger of Allah, who amongst us would be (that unfortunate) person (who would be doomed to Hell)? He said: Good tidings for you, Yajuj Majuj would be those thousands (who would be the denizens of Hell) and a person (selected for Paradise) would be amongst you. He (the narrator) further reported that he (the Messenger of Allah) again said: By Him in Whose Hand is thy life, I hope that you would constitute one-fourth of the inhabitants of Paradise. We extolled Allah and we glorified (Him). He (the Holy Prophet) again said: BY Him in Whose Hand is my life, I wish you would constitute one-third of the inhabitants of Paradise. We extolled Allah and Glorified (Him). He (the Holy Prophet) again said: By Him in Whose Hand is my life, I hope that you would constitute half of the inhabitants of Paradise. Your likeness among the people is the likeness of a white hair on the skin of a black ox or a strip on the foreleg of an ass.

Book 001, Number 0431:

The same hadith has been narrated from A'mash on the authority of the same chain of transmitters with the exception of these words: You would be no more among men (on the Day of Resurrection) but like a white hair on (the body of) a black ox, or like a black hair on (the body of) a white ox, and he made no mention of: a strip on the foreleg of an ass.

EPILOGUE

Before we close the" Kitab-ul-Iman," it seems necessary to bring a few facts before our readers. This book deals with the beliefs, i. e. those unseen realities which we have a strong yearning to comprehend, but which elude the grasp of our senses.

Every person, who is endowed with consciousness, is instinctively impelled to know whence he came and where he would return. What would become of him after crossing the bar of life? Is the short span of this wordly life the culmination of all his hopes and desires and nothing remains after it? These are the questions which agitate the mind of every man, whether he is a believer or a non-believer, whether he is a monotheist or a polytheist or an atheist. We cannot silence the echoes of our souls by simply saying that nothing can be said with certainty about them. The mind yearns for definite and satisfactory answers to all of them. That is what is embedded in our very nature and so long as we are human beings we cannot afford to ignore them. We approach scientists for the solution of these spiritual problems of ours which have a direct bearing on our social life, but scientists have no definite answers to give since they are concerned only with observable facts, that is to say, the optically present source of sensation, which forms only a fraction of man's life and the vast sea of" unseen world" lies hidden before them. That is the reason why even a scientist has to fall back upon chance-a very imortant admission as to the limits of the so-called scientific knowledge and the possibility of another knowledge unknown to science and altogether different from that with the help of which we observe physical phenomena and their laws.

Moreover, the scientific method cannot help us solve the problem of" whence" and" whither". There is always an urge in our hearts to peep across this life hemmed in by space and time and find out our ultimate destiny. Since science deals with" actual," with what is here and now, particularly what can be comprehended with the helpof senses, there is inherent in science a natural tendency to assure that man, too, like inanimate matter, is a bubble that bursts and a vision that fades. If we take this view of man, which is the inevitable conclusion of the so-called" scientific inquiry," the whole of human life in which man plays such a prominent role becomes a meaningless riddle, for he is denied the existence of spiritual yearning in him which is nothing but a sort of cruel joke with man." Life," says Dr Muhammad Iqbal (Reconstruction of Religious Thought in Islam, pp 50-1)," with its intense feeling of spontaneity constitutes a centre of indetermination, and thus falls outside, the domain of necessity... The biologist who seeks a mechanical explanation of life is led to do so because he confines his study to the lower forms of life whose behaviour discloses resemblances to mechanical action. If he studies life as manifested in himself, i. e., his own mind freely choosing, rejecting, reflecting, surveying the past and the present, and dynarnically imagining the future. he is sure to be convinced of the inadequacy of his mechancal concepts."

The observable facts or, in other words, the physical entities form only a part of the Reality. On how to know and comprehend the other parts which concern us more intimately than the physical entities. science has nothing definite to say except a meaningful silence which betrays its natural limitation in solving these vital problems of life.

Psychology, too, is inherently incompetent to comprehend the unseen Realities of the universe. Life, as we all know. is a great mystery everrin its biological aspects; how mysterious it is in its spiritual and moral aspects, we cannot imagine. Psychology has been-able to grope in the darkness of unconscious and, ub-conscious chambers and has not been able to bring into light the secrets of the human soul." Psychology," says Waiter Leibrecht (Religion and Culture, p. 33)," can show us what man is not. It cannot tell us what man, each one of us, is. The legitimate aim of psychology is the negative, the removal of distortions and illusions, but not the positive, the full and complete knowledge of human being." The fact is that human knowledge and intellect, in spite of their boastful claims, are by nature so much handicapped that they, unaided by revelation, cannot in any way comprehend the unseen Realities. What the intellect at the most can do is to transform the sense-data into conceptual forms, but it has to depend ultimately upon experience and is, therefore, subjected to the same limitations to which the knowledge of pysical sciences is subjected." The intellect," say Ibn Khaldun, is a correct scale. Its indications are completely certain and in no way wrong. However, the intellect should not be used to weigh such matters as the oneness of God, the Hereafter, the truth of prophecy, the real character of Divine Attributes, or anything else that lies beyond the level of the intellect. That would mean to aspire for the impossible. One might compare it with a man who sees a scale in which gold is being weighed, and wants to weigh mountains in it. This (the fact that it is impossible) does not prove that the indications of the scale are not true (when it is used for its proper purpose). However, there is a limit at which intellect must stop. It cannot go beyond its own level" (The Muqaddimah, translated by Franz Rosenthal, Vol. III. p. 38). What a man in the cold regions of an arid intellectualism can, at his best, infer is only the existence of a Prime Cause, but to far as His Attributes, His will, His behaviour with humanity and His Creation, and our relation with Him are concerned. Intellect has nothing positive to say. It is at this stage that man instinctively feels the need of an agency which shoure provide him authentic information about unseen rmuties of life. This agencv is known as Prophethoud. The Great Lord, Who has provided man with materiaf resources for the satisfaction of his macerial needs, has also made suitable arrangements to acquaint us fully with the Unseen Realities which our souls yearn to know. This knowledge of the Unseen is vouchsafed to us through His trusted Messengers (prophets). This is an immense savour from our Lord, immeasurably more valuable then the material resources for, without it, human souls would have suffered the pangs of privation and would have ultimately died. The Qur'an says:

All praise is due to Allah. Who guided us to this. And we would not have found the way if Allah had not guided us. Certainly the Messengers of our Lord brought the Truth (vii. 43).

Just as the information of the Holy Prophet pertaining to our worldly life is perfectly correct judged by any standard, in the same way his revelations concerning the Unseen. e. g. the Day of Resurrection, Paradise and Hell, will also be perfectly true. because he As Amin. the Truthful. We should, however, bear in mind that since we are living in a world of senses it is, therefore, through sensory experiences that we comprehend it. A man's mind is so much hemmed in by space and time and his vision is so much limited by the material aspects of his life that it is only through material concepts that his mind is led to the knowledge of the Unseen. That is the reason why one can easily find frequent use of metaphors and similes in the language of the Holy Prophet as be explained the Unseen Realities of existence. These are not myths, but the Great undeniable Truths which our souls yearn to know, affirm and believe. but which our own intelligence fails to comprehend.

Back to top Go down
https://islam4u.ahlamontada.com

The Book of Faith (Kitab Al-Iman) 7
Page 1 of 1