islam4u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
islam4u

islamic, social, cultural

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Commercial Transactions (Kitab Al-Buyu) 3

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Commercial Transactions (Kitab Al-Buyu)  3 Empty
PostSubject: Commercial Transactions (Kitab Al-Buyu) 3   Commercial Transactions (Kitab Al-Buyu)  3 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 10:13 am

Book 010, Number 3790:

Hudhaifa (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying: A person died and he entered Paradise. It was said to him What (act) did you do? (Either he recalled it himself or he was made to recall), he said I used to enter into transactions with people and I gave respite to the insolvent and did not show any strictness in case of accepting a coin or demanding cash payment. (For these acts of his) he was granted pardon. Abu Mas'ud said: I heard this from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him).

Book 010, Number 3791:

Hudhaifa (Allah be pleased with him) reported: A servant from amongst the servants of Allah was brought to Him whom Allah had endowed with riches. He (Allah) said to him: What (did you do) in the world? (They cannot conceal anything from Allah) He (the person) said: O my Lord, You endowed me with Your riches. I used to enter into transactions with people. It was my nature to be lenient to (my debtors). I showed leniency to the solvent and gave respite to the insolvent, whereupon Allah said: I have more right than you to do this to connive at My servant. 'Uqba b. 'Amir al-Juhani and Abu Mas'ud said: This is what we heard from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him).

Book 010, Number 3792:

Abu Mas'ud (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: A person from people who lived before you was called to account (by Allah at the Day of Judgment) and no good was found in his account except this that lie being a rich man had (financial) dealings with people and had commanded his servants to show leniency to the straitened ones. Upon this Allah, the Exalted and Majestic, said: We have more right to this, so overlook (his faults).

Book 010, Number 3793:

Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: There was a person who gave loans to the people and said to his men: When an insolvent comes to you show him leniency that Allah may overlook our (faults). So when he met Allah, He overlooked his faults (forgave him).

Book 010, Number 3794:

A hadith like this is narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him).

Book 010, Number 3795:

Abdullah b. Abu Qatida reported that Abu Qatada (Allah be pleased with him) demanded (the payment of his debt) from his debtor but he disappeared; later on he found him and he said: I am hard up financially, whereupon he said: (Do you state it) by God? He said: By God. Upon this he (Qatada) said: I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: He who loves that Allah saves him from the torments of the Day of Resurrection should give respite to the insolvent or remit (his debt) This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Ayyob with the same chain of transmitters.

Chapter 28: IT IS FORBIDDEN FOR A SOLVENT TO MAKE DELAY IN THE PAYMENT OF DEBT, AND THE DESIRABILITY OF A REFERENCE, AND IT IS EXCELLENT FOR THE RICH MAN TO ACCEPT THAT WHEN REFERENCE IS MADE TO HIM
Book 010, Number 3796:

Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Delay (in the payment of debt) on the part of a rich man is injustice, and when one of you is retired to a rich man, he should follow him.

Book 010, Number 3797:

A hadith like this has been transmitted on the authority of Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him).

Chapter 29: PROHIBITION OF THE SALE OF EXCESS WATER IN THE BARREN LANDS, AND PREVENTING PEOPLE TO USE IT, AND HIRING A CAMEL TO COVER A SHE-CAMEL
Book 010, Number 3798:

Jabir b. 'Abdullah (, Allah be pleased with him) reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) forbade the sale of excess water.

Book 010, Number 3799:

Jabir b. 'Abdullah (Allah be pleased with him) reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) forbade the hiring of a Camel to cover a she-Camel and from selling water and land to be tilled. So from all this the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) forbade.

Book 010, Number 3800:

Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Excess water must not be withheld so that the growth of herbage may be hindered.

Book 010, Number 3801:

Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Do not withhold excess of water, so that you may prevent the growth of herbage.

Book 010, Number 3802:

Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The excess of water should not be sold in order to enable the sate of herbage.

Chapter 30: THE PRICE OF A DOG, THE SWEETS OF A KAHIN, THE EARNINGS OF A PROSTITUTE AND THE SELLING OF A CAT ALL FORBIDDEN
Book 010, Number 3803:

Aba Mas'ud al-Ansari (Allah be pleased with him) reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) forbade the charging of price of the dog, and earnings of a prostitute and sweets offered to a kahin.

Book 010, Number 3804:

A hadith like this is reported on the authority of Abu Mas'ud through another chain of transmitters.

Book 010, Number 3805:

Rafi b. Khadij (Allah be pleased with him) reported: I heard Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying: The worst earning is the earning of a prostitute, the price of a dog and the earning of a cupper.

Book 010, Number 3806:

Rafi b. Khadij reported Allah'& Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The price of a dog is evil, the earning of a prostitute is evil and the earning of a cupper is evil.

Book 010, Number 3807:

A hadith like this has been narrated on the authority of Rifi' b. Khadlj through another chain of transmitters.

Book 010, Number 3808:

Abu Zubair said: I asked Jabir about the price of a dog and a cat; he said: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) disapproved of that.

Chapter 31: COMMAND OF KILLING DOGS AND THEN ITS ABROGATION, AND PROHIBITION OF KEEPING THEM BUT FOR HUNTING AND PROTECTION OF LANDS OR CATTLE OR LIKE THAT
Book 010, Number 3809:

Ibn 'Umar (Allah be pleased with them) reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) giving command for killing dogs.

Book 010, Number 3810:

Ibn 'Umar (Allah be pleased with them) reported: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) ordered to kill dogs, and he sent (men) to the corners of Medina that they should be killed.

Book 010, Number 3811:

Abdullah (b. Umar) (Allah be pleased with them) reported: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) ordered the killing of dogs and we would send (men) in Medina and its corners and we did not spare any dog that we did not kill, so much so that we killed the dog that accompanied the wet she-camel belonging to the people of the desert.

Book 010, Number 3812:

Ibn Umar (Allah be pleased with them) reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be, upon him) ordered the killing of dogs except the dog tamed for hunting, or watching of the herd of sheep or other domestic animals. It was said to Ibn Umar (Allah be pleased with them) that Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) talks of (exception) about the dog for watching the field, whereupon he said: Since Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) possessed land.

Book 010, Number 3813:

Abu Zubair heard Jabir b. 'Abdullah (Allah be pleased with him) saying: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) ordered us to kill dogs, and we carried out this order so much so that we also kill the dog coming with a woman from the desert. Then Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) forbade their killing. He (the Holy Prophet further) said: It is your duty the jet-black (dog) having two spots (on the eyes), for it is a devil.

Book 010, Number 3814:

Ibn Mughaffal reported: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) ordered the killing of dogs and then said: what is the trouble with them (the people of Medina)? How dogs are nuisance to them (the citizens of Medina)? He then permitted keehing of dogs for hunting and (the protection of) herds. In the hadith transmitted on the authority of Yahya, he (the Holy Prophet) permitted the keeping of dogs for (the protection of) herds, for hunting and (the protection of) cultivated land.

Book 010, Number 3815:

Ibn Umar (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: He who keeps a dog other than that meant for watching the herd or for hunting loses every day out of his deeds equal to two qirat.

Book 010, Number 3816:

Salim reported on the authority of his father that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) said: He who kept a dog other than one meant for hunting or for watching the herd, lost two qirat of his reward every day.

Book 010, Number 3817:

Ibn 'Umar reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying He who kept a dog other than one meant for hunting or for watching the herd lost out of his deeds (equal to) two qirat every day.

Book 010, Number 3818:

Salim b. 'Abdullah reported on the authority of his father that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: He who kept a dog other than one meant for watching the herd or for hunting would lose every day two qirat of his good deeds. 'Abdullah and Abu Huraira also said: Or dog meant for watching the field.

Book 010, Number 3819:

Salim reported on the authority of his father (Allah be pleased with him) that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: He who kept a dog other than one meant for hunting or for the protection of the herd would lose two qirat of his deeds every day. Salim said: Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) used to say: Or the dog meant for watching the field, and he was the owner of the land.

Book 010, Number 3820:

Salim b. Abdullah reported on the authority of his father that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Whosover amongst the owners of the house keeps a dog other than one meant for watching the herd or for hunting loses two qirat of his deeds every day.

Book 010, Number 3821:

Ibn Umar (Allah be pleased with them) narrated Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: He who kept a dog ther than one meant for watching the fields or herds or hunting would lose one qirat every day out of his reward (with God).

Book 010, Number 3822:

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: He who kept a dog which is neither meant for hunting nor for watching the anitmals nor for watching the fields would lose two qirat every day out of his reward; and there is no mention of the fields in the hadith transmitted by Abu Tahir.

Book 010, Number 3823:

Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: He who kept a dog except one meant for watching the herd, or for hunting or for watching the fields. he lost two qirat of reward every day. Zuhri said: The words of Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) were conveyed to Ibn Umar who said: May Allah have mercy upon Abu Huraira; he owned a field.

Book 010, Number 3824:

Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: He who kept a dog would lose out of his deeds equal to one qirat every day. except (one kept) for watching the field or herd.

Book 010, Number 3825:

A hadith like this has been transmitted on the authority of Abu Huraira.

Book 010, Number 3826:

This hadith has been reported on the authority of Yahya b. Abu Kathir with the same chain of transmitters.

Book 010, Number 3827:

Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: He who kept a dog, but not meant for hunting or watching the herd, would lose one qirat of reward every day.

Book 010, Number 3828:

Sufyan b. Abu Zuhair (he was a person belonging to the tribe of Shanu'a and was amongst the Conpanions of Allah's Messenger [may peace be upon him ) said: I heard Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) as saying: He who kept a dog (other than that) which is indispensable for watching the field or the animals would lose one qirat out of his deeds every day. As-Sa'ib b Yazid (one of the narrators) said: Did you hear it from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him)? He said: Yes. by the Lord of this mosque.

Book 010, Number 3829:

This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Sufyan b. Abu Zuhair al-Shana'i.

Chapter 32: IT IS PERMISSIBLE TO GET THE WAGES OF CUPPING
Book 010, Number 3830:

It is narrated on the authority of Humaid that Anas b. Malik was asked about the earnings of the cupper. He said: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) got himself cupped. His cupper was Abu Taiba and he (the Holy Prophet) commanded to give him two sa's of corn. He (the Holy Prophet) talked with the members of his family and they lightened the burden of Kharaj (tax) from him (i. e. they made remis- sion in the charges of their own accord). He (Allah's Apostle) said: The best (treat- ment) which you take is cupping, or it is the best of your treatments.

Book 010, Number 3831:

Rumaid reported that Anas b. Malik (Allah be pleased with him) has asked about the earnings of a cupper. Then (the above-mentioned hadith was reported but with this addition) that he said: The best treatment which you get is cupping. or aloeswood and do not torture your children by pressing their uvula.

Book 010, Number 3832:

Humaid reported Anas (Allah be pleased with him) having said this: Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) called for young cupper belonging to us. He capped him and he (the Holy Prophet) commanded that he should be paid one sa' or one mudd or two mudds (of wheat). It was said (that charges were high) and a reduction was made in the charges.

Book 010, Number 3833:

Ibn Abbas (Allah be pleased with them) reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) got himself cupped and he paid the clipper his charges and he put medicine in his nostrils.

Book 010, Number 3834:

Ibn 'Abbas (Allah be pleased with them) reported: The slave of Banu Bayada cupped Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) and he gave him his wages, and talked to his master and he reduced the charges, and if this earning was unlawful Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) would not have given it.

Chapter 33: THE SALE OF WINE IS FORBIDDEN
Book 010, Number 3835:

Abu Sa'id al-Khudri (Allah be pleased with him) reported: I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) addressing in Medina. He said: O people, Allah is giving an indication (of the prohibition) of wine. and He is probably soon going to give an order about it. So he who has anything of it with him should sell that, and derive benefit out of it. He (the narrator) said: We waited for some time that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) said: Verily Allah, the Exalted, has forbidden wine. So who hears this verse and he has anything of it with him, he should neither drink it nor sell it. He (the narrator) said: The people then brought whatever they had of it with them on the streets of Medina and spilt that.

Book 010, Number 3836:

'Abd al-Rahman b. Wa'ala as-Saba'i (who was an Egyptian) asked 'Abdullah b. Abbas; (Allah be pleased with them) about that which is extracted from the grapes, whereupon he said: A person presented to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) a small water-skin of wine. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said to him: Do you know that Allah has forbidden it? He said: No. He then whisper- ed to another man. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) asked him what he had whispered. He said: I advised him to sell that, whereupon he (the Holy Prophet) said: Verily He Who has forbidden its drinking has forbidden its sale also. He (the narrator) said: He opened the waterskin until what was contained in it was spilt.

Book 010, Number 3837:

'Abd al-Rahman b. Wa'ala narrated this on the authority of 'Abdullah b. Abbas.

Book 010, Number 3838:

'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: When the concluding verses of Sura Baqara were revealed, Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) went out and read them out to the people and then forbade them to trade in wine.

Book 010, Number 3839:

'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: When the concluding verses of Sura Baqara pertaining to Riba were revealed, Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) went out to the mosque and he forbade the trade in wine.

Chapter 34: PROHIBITION OF THE SALE OF WINE, CARCASS, SWINE AND IDOLS
Book 010, Number 3840:

Jabir b. 'Abdullah (Allah be pleased with them) reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying in the Year of Victory while he was in Mecca: Verily Allah and His Messenger have forbidden the sale of wine, carcass, swine and idols, It was said: Allah's Messenger, you see that the fat of the carcass is used for coating the boats and varnishing the hides and people use it for lighting purposes, whereupon he said: No, it is forbidden, Then Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: May Allah the Exalted and Majestic destroy the Jews; when Allah forbade the use of fat of the carcass for them, they melted it, and then sold it and made use of its price (received from it).

Book 010, Number 3841:

Yazid b. Abu Habib reported: 'Ata' reported to me that he heard Jabir (b. 'Abdullah) saying it that he had heard that from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) in the Year of Victory.

Book 010, Number 3842:

Ibn Abbas (Allah be pleased with him) reported: This news reached 'Umar that Samura had sold wine, whereupon he said: May Allah destroy Samura; does he not know that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said:" Let there be the curse of Allah upon the Jews that fat was declared forbidden for them, but they melted it and then sold it"?

Book 010, Number 3843:

This hadith has been narrated on the authority of 'Amr b. Dinar with the same chain of transmitters.

Book 010, Number 3844:

Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: May Allah destroy the Jews for Allah forbade the use of fat for them, but they sold it and made use of its price.

Chapter 35: RIBA (USURY)
Book 010, Number 3845:

Abu Salid al-Khudri reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Do not sell gold for gold, except like for like, and don't increase something of it upon something; and don't sell silver unless like for like, and don't increase some thing of it upon something, and do not sell for ready money something to be given later.

Book 010, Number 3846:

Nafi' reported that Ibn 'Umar told him that a person of the tribe of Laith said that Abu Sa'id al-Kludri narrated it (the above-mentioned hadith) from tile Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) in a narration of Qutaiba. So 'Abduliali and Nafi' went along with him, and in the hadith transmitted by Ibn Rumh (the words are) that Nafi' said: 'Abdullah (b. 'Umar) went and I along with the person belonging to Banu Laith entered (the house) of Sa'id al-Khudri, and he ('Abdullah b. Umar) said: I have been informed that you say that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) forbade the sale of silver with silver except in case of like for like, and sale of gold for gold except in case of like for like. Abu Sa'id pointed towards this eyes and his ears with his fingers and said: My eyes saw, and my ears listened to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) saying: Do not sell gold for gold, and do not sell silver for silver except in case of like for like, and do not increase something of it upon something, and do not sell for ready money something, not present, but hand to hand.

Book 010, Number 3847:

This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Abu Sa'id al-Khudri through another chain of transmitters.

Book 010, Number 3848:

Abu Sa'id al-Khudri (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Do not sell gold for gold and silver for silver weight for weight or of the same quality.

Book 010, Number 3849:

'Uthman b. 'Affan reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Do not sell a dinar for two dinars and one dirham for two dirhams.

Chapter 36: CONVERSION OF CURRENCY AND SELLING OF GOLD FOR SILVER ON THE SPOT
Book 010, Number 3850:

Malik b. Aus b. al-Hadathan reported: I came saying who was prepared toexchange dirhams (for my gold), whereupon Talha b. Ubaidullah (Allah be pleased with him) (as he was sitting with 'Umar b. Khattib) said: Show us your gold and then come to us (at a later time). When our servant would come we would give you your silver (dirhams due to you). Thereupon 'Umar b. al-Khattib (Allah be pleased with him) said: Not at all. By Allah, either give him his silver (coins). or return his gold to him, for Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Exchange of silver for gold (has an element of) interest in it. except when (it is exchanged) on the spot;and wheat for wheat is an interest unless both are handed over on the spot: barley for barley is interest unless both are handed over on the spot; dates for dates is interest unless both are handed over on the Spot.

Book 010, Number 3851:

This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Zuhri with the same chain of transmitters.

Book 010, Number 3852:

Abil Qiliba reported: I was in Syria (having) a circle (of friends). in which was Muslim b. Yasir. There came Abu'l-Ash'ath. He (the narrator) said that they (the friends) called him: Abu'l-Ash'ath, Abu'l-Ash'ath, and he sat down. I said to him: Narrate to our brother the hadith of Ubada b. Samit. He said: Yes. We went out on an expedition, Mu'awiya being the leader of the people, and we gained a lot of spoils of war. And there was one silver utensil in what we took as spoils. Mu'awiya ordered a person to sell it for payment to the people (soldiers). The people made haste in getting that. The news of (this state of affairs) reached 'Ubada b. Samit, and he stood up and said: I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) forbidding the sale of gold by gold, and silver by silver, and wheat by wheat, and barley by barley, and dates by dates, and salt by salt, except like for like and equal for equal. So he who made an addition or who accepted an addition (committed the sin of taking) interest. So the people returned what they had got. This reached Mu'awiya. and he stood up to deliver an address. He said: What is the matter with people that they narrate from the Messenger (may peace be upon him) such tradition which we did not hear though we saw him (the Holy Prophet) and lived in his company? Thereupon, Ubida b. Samit stood up and repeated that narration, and then said: We will definitely narrate what we heard from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) though it may be unpleasant to Mu'awiya (or he said: Even if it is against his will). I do not mind if I do not remain in his troop in the dark night. Hammad said this or something like this.

Book 010, Number 3853:

Ubida b. al-Simit (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Gold is to be paid for by gold, silver by silver, wheat by wheat, barley by barley, dates by dates, and salt by salt, like for like and equal for equal, payment being made hand to hand. If these classes differ, then sell as you wish if payment is made hand to hand.

Book 010, Number 3854:

Abu Sa'id al-Khudri (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Gold is to be paid for by gold, silver by silver, wheat by wheat, barley by barley, dates by dates, salt by salt, like by like, payment being made hand to hand. He who made an addition to it, or asked for an addition, in fact dealt in usury. The receiver and the giver are equally guilty.

Book 010, Number 3855:

This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Abu Sa'id al-Khudri (Allah be pleased with him) through another chain of transmitters.

Book 010, Number 3856:

Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Dates are to be paid for by dates, wheat by wheat, barley by barley, salt by salt, like for like, payment being made on the spot. He who made an addition or demanded an addition, in fact, dealt in usury except in case where their classes differ. This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Fudail b. Ghazwan with the same chain of transmitters, but he made no mention of (payment being) made on the spot.

Book 010, Number 3857:

Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Mess-., nger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Gold is to be paid for by gold with equal weight, like for like, and silver is to be paid for by silver with equal weight, like for like. He who made an addition to it or demanded an addition dealt in usury.

Book 010, Number 3858:

Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Let dinar be exchanged for dinar, with no addition on either side and dirham be exchanged for dirham with no addition on either side. This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Musa b. Abu Tamim with the same chain of transmitters.

Chapter 37: THE SALE OF SILVER FOR GOLD IS PROHIBITED WHEN PAYMENT IS TO BE MADE IN FUTURE
Book 010, Number 3859:

Abu Minhal reported: My partner sold silver to be paid in the (Hajj) season or (in the days of) Hajj. He (my partner) came to me and informed me, and I said to him: Such transaction is not desirable. He said: I sold it in the market (on loan) but nobody objected to this. I went to al-Bara' b. 'Azib and asked him, and he said: Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) came to Medina and we made such transaction, whereupon he said: In case the payment is made on the spot, there is no harm in it, and in case (it is 'sold) on loan, it is usury. You better go to Zaid b. Arqam, for he is a greater trader than I; so I went to him and asked him, and he said like it.

Book 010, Number 3860:

Habib reported that he heard Abu Minhal as saying: I asked al-Bara' b. Azib about the exchange of (gold for silver or vice versa), whereupon he said: you better ask Zaid b. Arqam for he knows more than I. So I asked Zaid but he said: You better ask al-Bara' for he knows more than I. Then both of them said: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) forbade the sale of silver for gold when payment is to be made in future.

Book 010, Number 3861:

Abd al-Rabman b. Abia Bakra reported on the authority of his father that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) forbade the sale of gold for gold, and silver for silver except equal for equal, and commanded us to buy silver for gold as we desired and buy gold for silver as we desired. A person asked him (about the nature of payment), whereupon he said: It is to be made on the spot. This is what I heard (from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him ).

Book 010, Number 3862:

Abd al-Rabman b. Abu Bakra said: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) prohibited us. The rest of the hadith is the same.

Chapter 38: THE SALE OF GOLD NECKLACE STUDDED WITH PEARLS
Book 010, Number 3863:

Fadala b. Ubaid al-Ansari reported: A necklace having gold and gems in it was brought to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) in Khaibar and it was one of the spoils of war and was put to sale. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: The gold used in it should be separated, and then Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) further said: (Sell) gold for gold with equal weight.

Book 010, Number 3864:

Fadila b. 'Ubaid (Allah be pleased with him) reported: I bought on the day (of the Victory of Khaibar) a necklace for twelve dinars (gold coins). It was made of gold studded with gems. I separated (gold from gems) in it, and found (gold) of more (worth) than twelve dinars. I made a mention of it to Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him), whereupon he said: It should not be sold unless it is separated.

Book 010, Number 3865:

A hadith like this is narrated on the authority of Sa'id b. Yazid with the same chain of transmitters.

Book 010, Number 3866:

Fadala b. 'Ubaid reported: We were in the company of Allah's Messenger ( may peace be upon him) on the day (of the Victory of) Khaibar, and made transaction with the Jews for the 'uqiya of gold for the dinars or three (gold coins), whereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Do not sell gold for gold but for equal weight

Book 010, Number 3867:

Hanash reported: We were along with Fadala b. Ubaid (Allah be pleased with him) in an expedition. There fell to my and my friend's lot a necklace made of gold, silver and jewels. I decided to buy that. I asked Fadala b. 'Ubaid, whereupon he said: Separate its gold and place it in one pan (of the balance) and place your gold in the other pan, and do not receive but equal for equal, for I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: He who believes in Allah and the Hereafter should not take but equal for equal.

Chapter 39: SALE OF WHEAT LIKE FOR LIKE
Book 010, Number 3868:

Ma'mar b. Abdullah reported that he sent his slave with a sa' of wheat and said to him: Sell it, and then buy with it barley. The slave went away and he got a sa' (of barley) and a part of sa' over and above that. When he came to Ma'mar he informed him about that, whereupon Ma'mar said to him: Why did you do that? Go back and return that, and do not accept but weight, for weight, for I used to hear from Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying: Wheat for wheat and like for like. He (one of the narrators) said: Our food in those days consisted of barley. It was said to him (Ma'mar) that (wheat) is not like that (barley). He replied: I am afraid these may not be similar

Book 010, Number 3869:

Abu Huraira and Abu Sa'id al-Khudri (Allah be pleased with them) reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) deputed a person from Banu 'Adi al-Ansari to collect revenue from Khaibar. He came with a fine quality of dates, whereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said to him: Are all the dates of Khaibar like this? He said: Allah's Messenger, it is not so. We buy one sa' of (fine quality of dates) for two sa's out of total output (including even the inferior quality of dates), whereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Don't do that, but like for like, or sell this (the inferior quality and receive the price) and then buy with the price of that, and that would make up the measure.

Book 010, Number 3870:

Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) deputed a person to collect revenue from Khaibar. He brought fine quality of dates, whereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Are all the dates of Khaibar like this)? He said: No. We got one sa' (of fine dates) for two sa's (of inferior dates), and (similarly) two sa's for three sa's. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Don't do that rather sell the inferior quality of dates for dirhams (money), and then buy the superior quality with the help of dirhams.

Book 010, Number 3871:

Abd Sa'id reported: Bilal (Allah be pleased with him) came with fine quality of dates. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said to him: From where (you have brought them)? Bilal said: We had inferior quality of dates and I exchanged two sa's (of inferior quality) with one sa (of fine quality) as food for Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him), whereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Woe! it is in fact usury; therefore, don't do that. But when you intend to buy dates (of superior quality), sell (the inferior quality) in a separate bargain and then buy (the superior quality). And in the hadith transmitted by Ibn Sahl there is no mention of" whereupon".

Book 010, Number 3872:

Abu Sa'id (Allah be pleased with him) reported: Dates were brought to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him), and he said: These dates are not like our dates, whereupon a man said: We sold two sa's of our dates (in order to get) one sa', of these (fine dates), whereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: That is interest; so return (these dates of fine quality), and get your (inferior dates) ; then sell our dates (for money) and buy for us (with the help of money) such (fine dates).

Book 010, Number 3873:

Abu Sa'id (Allah be pleased with him) reported: We were given to eat, during the lifetime of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him), dates of different qualities mixed together, and we used to sell two sa's of these for one sa, (of fine quality of dates). This reached Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him), whereupon he said: There should be no exchange of two sa's of (inferior) dates for one sa (of fine dates) and two sa's of (inferior) wheat for one sa' of (fine) wheat. and one dirham for two dirharms.

Book 010, Number 3874:

Abu Nadra reported: I asked Ibn Abbas (Allah be pleased with them) about the conversion (of gold and silver for silver and gold). We said: Is it hand to hand exchange? I said: Yes. whereupon he said: There is no harm in it. I informed Abu Sa'id about it, telling him that I had asked Ibn 'Abbas about it and he said: Is it hand to hand exchange? I said: Yes, whereupon he said: There is no harm in it. He (the narrator) said, or he said like it: We will soon write to him, and he will not give you this fatwa (religious verdict). He said: By Allah, someone of the boy-servants of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) brought dates, but he refused to accept them (on the plea) that those did not seem to be of the dates of our land. He said: Something had happened to the dates of our land, or our dates. So I got these dates (in exchange by giving) excess (of the dates of our land), whereupon he said: You made an addition for getting the fine dates (in exchange) which tantamounts, to interest; don't do that (in future). Whenever you find some doubt (as regards the deteriorating quality of) your dates, sell them, and then buy the dates that you like.

Book 010, Number 3875:

Abu Nadra reported: I asked Ibn Umar and Ibn Abbas (Allah be pleased with them) about the conversion of gold with gold but they did not find any harm in that. I was sitting in the company of Abd Sa'id al-Khudri (Allah be pleased with him) and asked him about this exchange, and he said: Whatever is addition is an' interest. I refused to accept it on account of their statement (statement of Ibn 'Abbas and Ibn 'Umar). He said: I am not narrating to you except what I heard from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him). There came to him the owner of a date-palm with one sa' of fine dates, and the dates of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) were of that colour. Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) said to him: Where did you get these dates? I went with two sa's of (inferior dates) and bought one sa' of (these fine dates), for that is the prevailing price (of inferior dates) in the market and that is the price (of the fine quality of dates in the market), whereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Woe be upon you! You have dealt in interest, when you decide to do it (i. e. exchange superior quality of dates for inferior quality) ; so you should sell your dates for another commodity (or currency) and then with the help of that commodity buy the dates you like. Abu Sa'ad said: When dates are exchanged for dates (with different qualities) there is the possibility (of the element of) interest (creeping into that) or when gold is exchanged for gold having different qualities. I subsequently came to Ibn 'Umar and he forbade me (to do it), but I did not come to Ibn 'Abbas; (Allah be pleased with them). He (the narrator) said: Abu as-Sahba' narrated to me: He asked Ibn Abbas (Allah be pleased with them) in Mecca, and he too disapproved of it.

Book 010, Number 3876:

Abu Salih reported: I heard Abu Sa'id al-Khudri (Allah be pleased with him) said: Dinar (gold) for gold and dirham for dirham can be (exchanged) with equal for equal; but he who gives more or demands more in fact deals in interest. I sald to him: Ibn 'Abbas (Allah be pleased with them) says otherwise, whereupon he said: I met Ibn 'Abbas (Allah be pleased with them) and said: Do you see what you say; have you heard it from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him), or found it in the Book of Allah, the Glorious and Majestic? He said: I did not hear it from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him). and I did not find it in the Book of Allah (Glorious and Majestic), but Usama b. Zaid narrated it to me that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) said: There can be an element of interest in credit.

Book 010, Number 3877:

Ubaidullah b. Abu Yazid heard Ibn 'Abbas (Allah be pleased with them) as saying: Usama b. Zaid reported Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying: There can be an element of interest in credit (when the payment is not equal).

Book 010, Number 3878:

Ibn 'Abbas; (Allah be pleased with them) reported on the authority of Usama b. Zaid Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as having said this: There is no element of interest when the money or commodity is exchanged hand to hand.

Book 010, Number 3879:

Ata' b. Abu Rabah reported: Abu Sa'id al-Khudri (Allah be pleased with them) met Ibn 'Abbas (Allah be pleased with them) and said to him: What do you say in regard to the conversion (of commodities or money) did you hear it from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him), or is it something which you found In Allah's Book, Majestic and Glorious? Thereupon Ibn Abbas (Allah be pleated with them) said: I don't say that. So far at Allah's Massenger (may peace be upon him) is concerned, you know him better, and to far as the Book of Allah to concerned, I do not know it (more than you do), but 'Usama b. Zaid (Allah be pleased with him) narrated to me Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as having said this: Beware, there can be an element of interest in credit.

Chapter 40: HE (THE HOLY PROPHET) CURSED THE ONE WHO ACCEPTSINTEREST AND THE ONE WHO PAYS IT
Book 010, Number 3880:

'Abdullah (b. Mas'ud) (Allah be pleased with him) said that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) cursed the one who accepted interest and the one who paid it I asked about the one who recorded it, and two witnesses to it. He (the narrator) said: We narrate what we have heard.

Book 010, Number 3881:

Jabir said that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) cursed the accepter of interest and its payer, and one who records it, and the two witnesses, and he said: They are all equal.

Chapter 41: ACCEPTING THAT WHICH IS LAWFUL AND ABANDONING THAT WHICH IS DOUBTFUL
Book 010, Number 3882:

Nu'man b. Bashir (Allah be pleased with him) reported: I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon himn) as having said this (and Nu'man) pointed towards his ears with his fingers): What is lawful is evident and what is unlawful is evident, and in between them are the things doubtful which many people do not know. So he who guards against doubtful things keeps his religion and honour blameless, and he who indulges in doubtful things indulges in fact in unlawful things, just as a shepherd who pastures his animals round a preserve will soon pasture them in it. Beware, every king has a preserve, and the things God his declaced unlawful are His preserves. Beware, in the body there is a piece of flesh; if it is sound, the whole body is sound and if it is corrupt the whole body is corrupt, and hearken it is the heart.

Back to top Go down
https://islam4u.ahlamontada.com

Commercial Transactions (Kitab Al-Buyu) 3
Page 1 of 1