islam4u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
islam4u

islamic, social, cultural

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Book on Government (Kitab Al-Imara) 2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

The Book on Government (Kitab Al-Imara)  2 Empty
PostSubject: The Book on Government (Kitab Al-Imara) 2   The Book on Government (Kitab Al-Imara)  2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 10:20 am

Book 020, Number 4544:

The same tradition has been transmitted by a different chain of narrators.

Book 020, Number 4545:

It has been narrated on the authority of 'Abdullah who said: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: After me there will be favouritism anad many things that you will not like. They (his Companions) said: Messenger of Allah, what do you order that one should do it anyone from us has to live through such a time? He said: You should discharge your own responsibility (by obeying your Amir), and ask God to cuncede your right (by guiding the Amir to the right path or by replacing him by one more just and God-fearing).

Book 020, Number 4546:

It has been narrated on the authority of 'Abd al-Rahman b. Abd Rabb al-Ka'ba who said: I entered the mosque when 'Abdullah b. 'Amr b. al-'As was sitting in the shade of the Ka'ba and the people had gathered around him. I betook myself to them and sat near him. (Now) Abdullah said: I accompanied the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) on a journey. We halted at a place. Some of us began to set right their tents, others began to compete with one another in shooting, and others began to graze their beasts, when an announcer of the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) announced that the people should gather together for prayer, so we gathered around the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him). He said: It was the duty of every Prophet that has gone before me to guide his followers to what he knew was good for them and warn them against what he knew was bad for them; but this Umma of yours has its days of peace and (security) in the beginning of its career, and in the last phase of its existence it will be afflicted with trials and with things disagreeable to you. (In this phase of the Umma), there will be tremendous trials one after the other, each making the previous one dwindle into insignificance. When they would be afflicted with a trial, the believer would say: This is going to bring about my destruction. When at (the trial) is over, they would be afflicted with another trial, and the believer would say: This surely is going to be my end. Whoever wishes to be delivered from the fire and enter the garden should die with faith in Allah and the Last Day and should treat the people as he wishes to be treated by them. He who swears allegiance to a Caliph should give him the piedge of his hand and the sincerity of his heart (i. e. submit to him both outwardly as well as inwardly). He should obey him to the best of his capacity. It another man comes forward (as a claimant to Caliphate), disputing his authority, they (the Muslims) should behead the latter. The narrator says: I came close to him ('Abdullah b. 'Amr b. al-'As) and said to him: Can you say on oath that you heard it from the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him)? He pointed with his hands to his ears and his heart and said: My ears heard it and my mind retained it. I said to him: This cousin of yours, Mu'awiya, orders us to unjustly consume our wealth among ourselves and to kill one another, while Allah says:" O ye who believe, do not consume your wealth among yourselves unjustly, unless it be trade based on mutual agreement, and do not kill yourselves. Verily, God is Merciful to you" (iv. 29). The narrator says that (hearing this) Abdullah b. 'Amr b. al-As kept quiet for a while and then said: Obey him in so far as he is obedient to God; and diqobey him in matters involving disobedience to God.

Book 020, Number 4547:

This hadith has been narrated on the authority of A'mash with a different chain of transmitters.

Book 020, Number 4548:

It has been narrated on the authority of 'Abd Rabb al-Ka'ba as-Sa'idl who said: I saw a group of people near the Ka'ba.... Then he narrated the tradition as narrated by A'mash.

Chapter 11: PATIENCE AT THE TYRANNY OF THE GOVERNORS AND THEIR UNDUE PREFERENCES
Book 020, Number 4549:

It has been narrated on the authority of Usaid b. Hudair that a man from the Ansar took the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) aside and said to him: Will you not appoint me governor as you have appointed so and so? He (the Messenger of Allah) said: You will surely come across preferential treatment after me, so you should be patient until you meet me at the Cistern (Haud-i-Kauthar).

Book 020, Number 4550:

This tradition has been narrated on the same authority through a different chain of transmitters. Another version of the tradition narrated on the authority of Shu'ba does not include the words:" He took the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) aside."

Chapter 12: OBEDIENCE TO BE SHOWN TO THE (CALIPHS) EVEN IF THEY WITHHOLD THE PEOPLE'S DUE RIGHTS
Book 020, Number 4551:

It has been narrated on the authority of Alqama b. Wai'l al-Hadrami who learnt the tradition from his father. The latter said: Salama b. Yazid al-ju'afi asked the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him): Prophet of Allah, what do you think if we have rulers who rule over us and demand that we discharge our obligations towards them, but they (themselves) do not discharge their own responsibilities towards us? What do you order us to do? The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) avoided giving any answer. Salama asked him again. He (again) avoided giving any answer. Then he asked again-it was the second time or the third time-when Ash'ath b. Qais (finding that the Holy Prophet was unnecessarily being pressed for answer) pulled him aside and said: Listen to them and obey them, for on them shall he their burden and on you shall be your burden.

Book 020, Number 4552:

It has been narrated through a different chain of transmitters. on the authority of Simak who said: Ash'ath b. Qais pulled him (Salama b. Yazid) when the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Listen to them and obey them, for on them shall be the burden of what tney do and on you shall be the burden of what you do.

Chapter 13: INSTRUCTION TO STICK TO THE MAIN BODY OF THE MUSLIMS IN THE TIME OF TRIALS AND WARNING AGAINST THOSE INVITING PEOPLE TO DISBELIEF
Book 020, Number 4553:

It has been narrated on the authority of Hudhaifa b. al-Yaman who said: People used to ask the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) about the good times, but I used to ask him about bad times fearing lest they overtake me. I said: Messenger of Allah, we were in the midst of ignorance and evil, and then God brought us this good (time through Islam). Is there any bad time after this good one? He said: Yes. I asked: Will there be a good time again after that bad time? He said: Yes, but therein will be a hidden evil. I asked: What will be the evil hidden therein? He said: (That time will witness the rise of) the people who will adopt ways other than mine and seek guidance other than mine. You will know good points as well as bad points. I asked: Will there be a bad time after this good one? He said: Yes. (A time will come) when there will be people standing and inviting at the gates of Hell. Whoso responds to their call they will throw them into the fire. I said: Messenger of Allah, describe them for us. He said: All right. They will be a people having the same complexion as ours and speaking our language. I said: Messenger of Allah, what do you suggest if I happen to live in that time? He said: You should stick to the main body of the Muslims and their leader. I said: If they have no (such thing as the) main body and have no leader? He said: Separate yourself from all these factions, though you may have to eat the roots of trees (in a jungle) until death comes to you and you are in this state.

Book 020, Number 4554:

It his been narrated through a different chain of transmitters, on the authority of Hudhaifa b. al-Yaman who said: Messenger of Allah, no doubt, we had an evil time (i. e. the days of Jahiliyya or ignorance) and God brought us a good time (i. e. Islamic period) through which we are now living Will there be a bad time after this good time? He (the Holy Prophet) said: Yes. I said: Will there be a good time after this bad time? He said: Yes. I said: Will there be a bad time after good time? He said: Yes. I said: How? Whereupon he said: There will be leaders who will not be led by my guidance and who will not adopt my ways? There will be among them men who will have the hearts of devils in the bodies of human beings. I said: What should I do. Messenger of Allah, if I (happen) to live in that time? He replied: You will listen to the Amir and carry out his orders; even if your back is flogged and your wealth is snatched, you should listen and obey.

Book 020, Number 4555:

It has been narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: One who defected from obedience (to the Amir) and separated from the main body of the Muslims-if he died in that state-would die the death of one belonging to the days of Jahiliyya (i. e. would not die as a Muslim). One who fights under the banner of a people who ate blind (to the cause for which they are fighting. i. e. do not know whether their cause is just or otherwise), who gets flared up with family pride, calls, (people) to fight for their. family honour, and supports his kith and kin (i. e. fignts not for the cause of Allah but for the sake of this family or tribe) -if he is killed (in this fight), he dies as one belonging to the days of Jhiliyya. Whoso attacks my Umma (indiscriminately) killing the righteous and the wicked of them, sparing not (even) those staunch in faith and fulfilling not his promise made with those who have been given a pledge of security-he has nothing to do with me and I have nothing to do with him.

Book 020, Number 4556:

The same tradition has been narrated by the same authority through another chain of transmitters with a slight difference in wording.

Book 020, Number 4557:

It has been narrated (through a different chain of transmitters) on the authority of Abu Huraira that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Who defected from obedience (to the Amir) and separated from the main body of the Muslim-then he died in that state-would die the death of one belonging to the days of Jahillyya. And he who is killed under the banner of a man who is blind (to the cause for which he is fighting), who gets flared up with family pride and fights for his tribe-is not from my Umma, and whoso from my followers attacks my followers (indiscriminately) killing the righteous and the wicked of them, sparing not (even) those staunch in faith and fulfilling not his obligation towards them who have been given a pledge (of security), is not from me (i. e. is not my follower).

Book 020, Number 4558:

This hadlth has been narrated on the authority of Jarir with the same chain of transmitters with a slight variation in wording.

Book 020, Number 4559:

It has been narrated on the authority of Ibn 'Abbas that the messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: One who found in his Amir something which he disliked should hold his patience, for one who separated from the main body of the Muslims even to the extent of a handspan and then he died would die the death of one belonging to the days of Jahiliyya.

Book 020, Number 4560:

It has been narrated (through a different chain of transmitters) on the authority of Ibn Abbas that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upoh him) said: One who dislikes a thing done by his Amir should be patient over it, for anyone from the people who withdraws (his obedience) from the government, even to the extent of a handspan and died in that conditions, would die the death of one belonging to the days of jahilliyya.

Book 020, Number 4561:

It has been narrated on the authority of Ibn 'Abdullah al-Bajali that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: One who is killed under the banner of a man who is blind (to his just cause), who raises the slogan of family or supports his own tribe, dies the death of one belonging to the days of Jahiliyya.

Book 020, Number 4562:

It has been reported on the authority of Nafi, that 'Abdullah b. Umar paid a visit to Abdullah b. Muti' in the days (when atrocities were perpetrated on the People Of Medina) at Harra in the time of Yazid b. Mu'awiya. Ibn Muti' said: Place a pillow for Abu 'Abd al-Rahman (family name of 'Abdullah b. 'Umar). But the latter said: I have not come to sit with you. I have come to you to tell you a tradition I heard from the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him). I heard him say: One who withdraws his band from obedience (to the Amir) will find no argument (in his defence) when he stands before Allah on the Day of Judgment, and one who dies without having bound himself by an oath of allegiance (to an Amir) will die the death of one belonging to the days of Jahillyya.

Book 020, Number 4563:

It has been narrated on the authority of Abu 'Umar that he visited Ibn Muti', and related from the Holy Prophet (may peace be upon him) the tradition that has gone before.

Book 020, Number 4564:

The same tradition has been transmitted by a different chain of narrators.

Chapter 14: DECISION ABOUT ONE WHO TRIES TO DISRUPT THE UNITY OF THE MUSLIMS
Book 020, Number 4565:

It has been narrated on the authority of 'Arfaja who said: I have heard the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) say: Different evils will make their appearance in the near future. Anyone who tries to disrupt the affairs of this Umma while they are united you should strike him with the sword whoever he be. (If remonstrance does not prevail with him and he does not desist from his disruptive activities, he is to be killed.)

Book 020, Number 4566:

In another version of the tradition narrated on the same authority through a different chains of transmitters we have the words:" Kill him."

Book 020, Number 4567:

It has been narrated (through a still different chain of transmitters) on the Same authority (i. e. 'Arfaja) who said similarly-but adding:" Kill all of them." I heard the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) say: When you are holding to one single man as your leader, you should kill who seeks to undermine your solidarity or disrupt your unity.

Chapter 15: WHEN THE OATH OF ALLEGIANCE HAS BEEN OBTAINED FOR TWO CALIPHS
Book 020, Number 4568:

It has been narrated on the authority of Aba Sa'id al-Khudri that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: When oath of allegiance has been taken for two caliphs, kill the one for whom the oath was taken later.

Chapter 16: JUSTIFICATION FOR HATING THE AMIRS FOR VIOLATING THE LAWS OF THE SHARI'AH
Book 020, Number 4569:

It has been narrated on the authority of Umm Salama that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: In the near future there will be Amirs and you will like their good deeds and dislike their bad deeds. One who sees through their bad deeds (and tries to prevent their repetition by his band or through his speech), is absolved from blame, but one who hates their bad deeds (in the heart of his heart, being unable to prevent their recurrence by his hand or his tongue), is (also) fafe ( so far as God's wrath is concerned). But one who approves of their bad deeds and imitates them is spiritually ruined. People asked (the Holy Prophet): Shouldn't we fight against them? He replied: No, as long as they say their prayers.

Book 020, Number 4570:

It has been narrated (through a different chain of tmnamitters) on the authority of Umm Salama (wife of the Holy Prophet) that he said: Amirs will be appointed over you, and you will find them doing good as well as bad deeds. One who hates their bad deeds is absolved from blame. One who disapproves of their bad deeds is (also) safe (so far as Divine wrath is concerned). But one who approves of their bad deeds and imitates them (is doomed). People asked: Messenger of Allah, shouldn't we fight against them? He replied: No, as long as they say their prayer. (" Hating and disapproving" refers to liking and disliking from the heart.)

Book 020, Number 4571:

Another version of the tradition narrated on the same authority attributes the same words to the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) except that it replaces kariha with ankhara and vice versa.

Book 020, Number 4572:

Another version omits a portion at the end of the tradition-a portion which begins with man radiya wa taba and ends with the last word of the tradition.

Chapter 17: THE BEST AND THE WORST OR YOUR RULERS
Book 020, Number 4573:

It has been narrated on the authority of 'Auf b. Malik that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: The best of your rulers are those whom you love and who love you, who invoke God's blessings upon you and you invoke His blessings upon them. And the worst of your rulers are those whom you hate and who hate you and whom you curse and who curse you. It was asked (by those present): Shouldn't we overthrow them with the help of the sword? He said: No, as long as they establish prayer among you. If you then find anything detestable in them. You should hate their administration, but do not withdraw yourselves from their obedience.

Book 020, Number 4574:

It has been narrated on the authority of Auf b. Malik al-Ashja'i who said that he heard the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) say: The best of your rulers are those whom you love and who love you, upon whom you invoke God's blessings and who invoke His blessing upon you. And the worst of your rulers are those whom you hate and who hate you, who curse you and whom you curse. (Those present) said: Shouldn't we overthrow them at this? He said: No, as long as they establish prayer among you. No, as long as they establish prayer among you. Mind you! One who has a governor appointed over him and he finds that the governor indulges in an act of disobedience to God, he should condemn the governor's act, in disobedience to God, but should not withdraw himself from his obedience. Ibn Jabir said: Ruzaiq narrated to me this hadith. I asked him: Abu Miqdam, have you heard it from Muslim b. Qaraza or did he describe it to you and he heard it from 'Auf (b. Malik) and he transmitted this tradition of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him)? Upon this Ruzaiq sat upon his knees and facing the Qibla said: By Allah, besides Whom there is no other God, I heard it from Muslim b. Qaraza and he said that te had heard it from Auf (b. Malik) and he said that he had heard it from the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him).

Book 020, Number 4575:

The above tradition has been narrated through a different chain of transmitters.

Chapter 18: IT IS GOOD ON THE PART OF A LEADER TO TAKE THE OATH OF ALLEGIANCE FROM HIS FORCES WHEN INTENDING TO FIGHT AND AN ACCOUNT OF THE ALLEGIANCE OF GOD'S PLEASURE UNDER THE TREE
Book 020, Number 4576:

It has been narrated on the authority of Jabir who said: We were one thousand and four hundred on the Day of Hudaibiya. We swore fealty to hiin (the Holy Prophet) and 'Umar was holding the latter's hand (when he was sitting) under the tree (called) Samura (to administer the oath to the Companions). The narrator added: We took oath to the effect that we would not flee (from the battlefield if there was an encounter with the Meccans), but we did not take oath to fight to death.

Book 020, Number 4577:

It has been narrated (through a different chain of transmitters) on the authority of Jabir who said: While swearing fealty to the Holy Prophet (may peace be upon him) we did not take the oath to death but that we would not run away (from the battlefield).

Book 020, Number 4578:

It has been narrated on the authority of Abu Zubair who heard Jabir being questioned as to how many people were there on the Day of Hudaibiya He replied: We wore fourteen hundred. We swore fealty to him, and Umar was holding his hand while he was sitting Under the tree (to administer the oath). The tree was Samura (a wild tree found in desers). All of as took tha oath of fealty at his hands except Jadd b. Qais al-Ansari who hid himself under the belly of his camel.

Book 020, Number 4579:

It has been narrated (through a different chain of transmitters) on the authority of Abu Zubair who heard Jabir being questioned as to whether the Holy Prophet (may peace be upon him) took the oath of fealty at Dhu'l-Hulaifa. He said: No! But he offered his prayers at that place, and he administered the oath of fealty nowhere except near the tree in (the plain oo Hudaibiya. Ibn Juraij said that he was informed by Abu Zabair who heard Jabir b. Abdullah say: The Holy Prophet (may peace be upon him) prayed over the well at Hudaibiya (as a result of which its scanty water rose up and increased so as to be sufficient for the 1400 or 1500 men who had encamped at the place).

Book 020, Number 4580:

It has been narrated (through a different chain of transmitters) on the authority of Jabir who said: We were one thousand and four hundred on the Day of Hudaibiya when the Holy Prophet (may peace be upon him) said to us: Today you are the best people on the earth. And Jabir said: If I had the eyesight, I could show you the place of the tree.

Book 020, Number 4581:

It has been narrated on the authority of Salim b. Abu al-Ja'd who said: I asked Jabir b. 'Abdullah about the number of the Companions (of the Holy Prophet who took the oath of fealty under) the tree. He said: If we were a hundred thousand, it (i. e. the water in the well at Hudaibiya) would have sufficed us, but actually we were one thousand and five hundred.

Book 020, Number 4582:

It has been narrated on the authority of Jabir who said: If we had been a hundred thousand in number, it (the water) would have sufficed us, but actually we were fifteen hundred.

Book 020, Number 4583:

It has been narrated (through a different chain of transmitters) on the authority of Salim b. al-Ja'd who said: I asked Jabir: How many were you on the Day of Hudaibiya? He said: One thousand and four hundred.

Book 020, Number 4584:

It has been narrated on the authority of 'Abdullah b. Abu Aufa who said: The Companions of the Tree (i e. those who swore fealty under the tree) were one thousand and three hundred, and the people of Aslam tribe were one-eighth of the Muhajirs.

Book 020, Number 4585:

The same tradition has been handed down through a different chain of transmitters.

Book 020, Number 4586:

It has been narrated on the authority of Ma'qil b. Yasar who aaid: I remember being present on the Day of the Tree, and the Holy Prophet (may peace be upon him) was taking the oath of the people and I was holding a twig of the tree over his head. We were fourteen hundred (in number). We did not take oath to the death, but to the effect that we would not run away from the battlefield.

Book 020, Number 4587:

This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Yunus with the same chain of transmitters.

Book 020, Number 4588:

It has been narrated on the authority of Sa'id b. Musayyab who said: My father was one of those who swore fealty to the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) near the tree. When we passed that way next year intending to perform the Hajj, the place of the tree was hidden to us. If you could point out clearly, you would (certainly) be knowing better.

It has also been narrated on the authority of Sa'id b. Musayyib who learnt from his father that they were with the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) in the year of the Tree (i. e. in the year of the fealty of God's pleasure sworn under the tree at Hudaibiya), but next year they forgot the spot of the tree.

Book 020, Number 4589:

The tradition has been narrated on the authority of Sa'id b. Musayyib who learnt it from his father. The latter said: I had seen the tree. When I came to the spot afterwards, I could not recognise it.

Book 020, Number 4590:

It has been narrated on the authority of Yazid b. Abu Ubaid (the freed slave of Salama b. al-Akwa') who said: 1 asked Salama as to what effect he had sworn fealty to the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) on the Day of Hudaibiya. He said: To the effect that we will die fighting.

Book 020, Number 4591:

The above tradition has also been handed down through a different chain of transmitters.

Book 020, Number 4592:

It has been narrated on the authority of Abdullah b. Zaid who said: A person came to him and said: Here is Ibn Hanzala who is making people swear allegiance to him. He (, Abdullah) asked: To what effect? He replied: To the effect that they will die for him. 'Abdullah said: I will never swear allegiance to this effect after the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him).

Chapter 19: IT IS FORBIDDEN TO A MUHAJIR TO RETURN TO HIS NATIVE PLACE FOR THE PURPOSE OF RESETTLING THERE
Book 020, Number 4593:

It has been narrated by Salama b. al-Akwa' that he visited al-Hajjaj who said to him: O son of al-Akwa', you have turned apostate and have come to live again in the desert with the Bedouins (after your migration). He said: No, but the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) has permitted me to live in the desert.

Chapter 20: NO MIGRATION AFTER THE CONQUEST OF MECCA BUT ALLEGIANCE COULD BE SWORN (TO A RIGHTFUL LEADER) ON SERVING THE CAUSE OF ISLAM, ON FIGHTING IN THE WAY OF ALLAH AND ON FOLLOWING THE PATH OF VIRTUE
Book 020, Number 4594:

It has been reported on the authority of Mujashi' b. Mas'ud as-Sulami who said: I came to the Holy Prophet (may peace be upon him) to offer him my pledge of migration. He said: The period of migration has expired (and those who wereto get the reward for this great act of devotion have got it). You may now give your pledge to serve the cause of Islam, to strive in the way of Allah and to follow the path of virtue.

Book 020, Number 4595:

It has been reported on the authority of Mujashi' b. Mas'ud who said: I brought my brother Abu Ma'bad to the Messenger of Allah (may peace he upon him) after the conquest of Mecca and said: Messenger of Allah, allow him to swear his pledge of migration at your hand. He said: The period of migration is over with those who had to do it (and now nobody can get this meritorious distinctions) I said: For what actions will you allow him to bind himself in oath? He said: (He can do so) for serving the cause of Islam, for fighting in the way of Allah and for fighting in the cause of virtue. Abd Uthman said: I met Abd Ma'bad and told him what I had heard from Mujashi'. He said: He has told the truth.

Book 020, Number 4596:

Another version of the tradition transmitted on the authority of Asim has the same wording but does not mention the name of Abu Ma'bad.

Book 020, Number 4597:

It has been narrated on the authority of Ibn 'Abbas that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said on the day of the Conquest of Mecca: There is no Hijra now, but (only) Jihad (fighting for the cause of Islam) and sincerity of purpose (have great reward) ; when you are asked to set out (on an expedition undertaken for the cause of Islam) you should (readily) do so.

Book 020, Number 4598:

The above tradition has been handed down through a different chain of transmitters.

Book 020, Number 4599:

'A'isha reported that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) was asked about migration, whereupon he said: There is no migration after the Conquest (of Mecca), but Jihad and sincere intention. When you are asked to set out (for the cause of Islam), you should set out,

Book 020, Number 4600:

It has been narrated on the authority of Abu Sa'id al-Khudari that a Bedouin asked the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) about Migration. He replied: Do you talk of Hijra? The affair of Hijra is very difficult. But have you got camels? The bedouin said: Yes. He asked: Do you pay the poor-rate payable on their account? He replied: Yes. He (the Holy Prophet) said: Go on doing good deeds (across the seas), for surely God will not leave any of your deeds unrewarded.

Book 020, Number 4601:

This tradition has been handed down through a different chain of transmitter with the addition of the following words at the end:" Do you milk them on the day they arrive at the water? He replied: Yes."

Chapter 21: HOW THE WOMEN SWORE FEALTY (TO THE HOLY PROPHET)
Book 020, Number 4602:

It has been narrated on the authority of 'A'isha, the wife of the Holy Prophet (may peace be upon him). She said: When the believing women migrated (to Medina) and came to the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him), they would be tested in accordance with the following words of Allah. the Almighty and Exalted:" O Prophet, when believing women come to thee to take the oath of fealty to thee that they will not associate in worship anything with God, that they will not steal. that, they will not commit adultery..." to the end of the verse (lx. 62).

Whoso from the believing women accepted these conditions and agreed to abide by them were considered to have offered themselves for swearing fealty. When they had (formally) declared their resolve to do so, the Messenger of Allah (may peace he upon him) would say to them: You may go. I have confirmed your fealty. By God, the hand of the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) never touched the hand of a woman. He would take the oath of fealty from them by oral declaration. By God, the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) never took any vow from women except that which God had ordered him to take, and his palm never touched the palm of a woman. When he had taken their vow, he would tell them that he had taken the oath from them orally.

Book 020, Number 4603:

It has been narrated on the authority of 'Urwa that 'A'isha described to him the way the Holy Prophet (may peace be upon him) took the oath of fealty from women. She said: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) never touched a woman with his hand. He would only take a vow from her and when he had taken the (verbal) vow, he would say: You may go. I have accepted your fealty.

Chapter 22: SWEARING FEALTY FOR LISTENING TO AND OBEYING THE ORDERS OF THE LEADER AS FAR AS POSSIBLE
Book 020, Number 4604:

It has been narrated on the authority of Abdullah b. 'Umar who said: We used to take oath to the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) that we would listen to and obey his orders. He would tell us (to say in the oath): As far as it lies in my power.

Chapter 23: THE AGE OF MAJORITY
Book 020, Number 4605:

It has been narrated on the authority of Ibn 'Umar who said: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) inspected me on the battlefield on the Day of Uhud, and I was fourteen years old. He did not allow me (to take part in the fight). He inspected me on the Day of Khandaq-and I was fifteen yearsold, and he permitted me (to fight), Nafi' said: I came to 'Umar b. 'Abd al-'Aziz who was then Caliph, and narrated this tradition to him. He said: Surely, this is the demarcation between a minor and a major. So he wrote to his governors that they should pay subsistence allowance to one who was fifteen years old, but should treat those of lesser age among children.

Book 020, Number 4606:

This tradition has been handed down through a different chain Of transmitters with the following change in the wording:" I was fourteen years old and he thought me too young (to participate in the fight)."

Chapter 24: IT IS FORBIDDEN TO TAKE THE QUR'AN TO THE LAND OF THE INFIDELS WHEN IT IS FEARED THAT IT MIGHT FALL INTO THEIR HANDS
Book 020, Number 4607:

It has been narrated on the authority of Ibn 'Umar who said: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) forbade that one should travel to the land of the enemy taking the Qur'an with him.

Book 020, Number 4608:

It has been narrated on the authority of Abdullah b. Umar that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) used to forbid that one should travel to the land of the enemy taking the Qur'an (with him) lest it should fall into the hands of the enemy.

Book 020, Number 4609:

It has been narrated on the authority of Ibn 'Umar that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Do not take the Qur'an on a journey with you, for I am afraid lost it should fall into the hands of the enemy. Ayyub (one of the narrators in the chain of transmitters) said: The enemy may seize it and may quarrel with you over it.

Chapter 25: RACE BETWEEN HORSES AND THEIR TRAINING FOR THE COMPETITION
Book 020, Number 4610:

It has been narrated on the authority of Ibn 'Umar that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) had a race of the horses which had been especially prepared for the purpose from Hafya' to Thaniyyat al-Wada' (the latter being the winning post), and of those which had not been trained from Thaniyya to the mosque of Banu Zuraiq, and Ibn Umar was among those who took part in this race.

Book 020, Number 4611:

This tradition has been handed down through another chain of transmitters with the addition of the following words from Abdullah b. 'Umar:" I came first in the race and my horse jumped into the mosque with me."

Chapter 26: GREAT BENEFIT IN THE FORELOCKS OF THE HORSES
Book 020, Number 4612:

It has been narrated on the authority of Ibn Umar that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: There will be great benefit in the forelock of the horses until the Day of judgment.

Book 020, Number 4613:

The same tradition has been handed down through a different chain of transmitters.

Book 020, Number 4614:

It has been narrated on the authority of Jarir b. Abdullah who said: I saw that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) was twisting the forelock of a horse with his fingers and he was saying: (A great) benefit. i. e. reward (for rearing them for Jihad) and spoils of war, has been tied to the forelocks of horses until the Day of Judgment.

Book 020, Number 4615:

The above tradition has also been narrated on the authority of Yunus through a different chain of transmitters.

Book 020, Number 4616:

The same tradition has been narrated on the authority of Urwat al-Bariqi who said that the Prophet (may peace be upon him) said: Great good is attached to the forelock of the horses until the Day of Judgment.

Book 020, Number 4617:

'Urwat al-Bariqi reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) having said this: Good is tied to the forelock of the horses. It Was said to him: Messenger of Allah, why is it so? He (the Holy Prophet said): For reward and booty until the Day of Judgment.

Book 020, Number 4618:

This hadith has been narrated with the same chain of transmitters with the difference that here instead of" Urwat al-Bariqi" there is" Urwa b. ja'd."

Book 020, Number 4619:

A version of the tradition narrated on the authority of 'Urwat al-Bariqi does not mention (the words):" reward and booty".

Book 020, Number 4620:

A version of the tradition transmitted on the authority of 'Urwa b. al-ja'd does not mention" reward and booty".

Book 020, Number 4621:

It has been narrated on the authority of Anas b. Malik that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: There is a blessing in the forelocks of the war horses.

Book 020, Number 4622:

A hadith like this has been narrated on the authority of Anas through another chain of transmitters.

Chapter 27: THE HORSES OF UNDESIRABLE QUALITY
Book 020, Number 4623:

It has been narrated on the authority of Abn Huraira that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) used to dislike the Shikal horse.

Book 020, Number 4624:

This tradition has been narrated on the authority of Sufyan with the addition from Abd ar-Razzaq (one of the narrators) explaining the meaning of shikal as a bone whose right back foot and left front foot or left back foot and right front foot are white.

Book 020, Number 4625:

The tradition has been handed down through a different chain of transmitters.

Chapter 28: THE MERIT OF JIHAD AND CAMPAIGNING IN THE WAY OF ALLAH
Book 020, Number 4626:

It has been narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira that the Messenger of Allah (may peace upon him) said: Allah has undertaken to look after the affairs of one who goes out to fight in His way believing in Him and affirming the truth of His Apostles. He is committed to His care that Re will either admit him to Paradise or bring him back to his home from where he set out with a reward or (his share of) booty. By the Being in Whose Hand is the life of Muhammad. If a person gets wounded in the way of Allah, he will come on the Day of Judgment with his wound in the same condition as it was when it was first inflicted; its colour being the colour of blood but its smell will be the smell of musk. By, the Being in Whose Hand is Muhammad's life, if it were not to be too hard upon the Muslime. I would not lag behind any expedition which is going to fight in the cause of Allah. But I do not have abundant means to provide them (the Mujahids) with riding beasts, nor have they (i. e. all of them) abundant means (to provide themselves with all the means of Jihad) so that they could he left behind. By the Being in Whose Hand is Mubammgls lac, I love to fight in the way of Allah and be killed, to fight and again be killed and to fight again and be killed.

Book 020, Number 4627:

The same tradition has been melted through another chain of transmitters.

Book 020, Number 4628:

It has been narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira who said: Allah has undertaken to provide for one who leaves his home (only) to fight for His cause and to affirm the truth of His word; Allah will either admit him to Paradise or will bring him back home from where he had come out, with his reward and booty.

Book 020, Number 4629:

It has been narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: One who is wounded in the way of Allah-and Allah knows better who is wounded in His way-will appear on the Day of Judgment with his wound bleediing. The colour (of its discharge) will be the colour of blood, (but) its smell will be the smell of musk.

Book 020, Number 4630:

It has been narrated on the authority of Abu Haraira that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Every wound received by a Muslim in the way of Allah will appear on the Day of Judgment in the same condition as it was when it was inflicted, and would be bleeding profusely. The colour (of its discharge) will be the colour of blood, but its smell will be the smell of musk. By the Being in Whose Hand is Muhammad's life, if it were not hard upon the Muslims, I would not lag behind any expedition undertaken for Jihad, but I do not possess abundant means to provide the Mujahids with riding animals, nor do they (i. e. all of them) have abundant means (to provide themselves with all the means of Jihad) to follow me, nor would it please their hearts to stay behind me.

Book 020, Number 4631:

It has been narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) say: I would not stay behind (when) an expedition (for Jihad was being mobilised) if it were going to be too hard upon the believers.... This is followed by the same words as have appeared in the previous tradition, but this tradition has the same ending as the previous hadith with a slight difference in the wording:" By the Being in Whose Hand is my life, I love that I should be killed in the way of Allah; then I should be brought back to life and be killed again in His way...."

Book 020, Number 4632:

It has been narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: If it were not hard upon my Umma (to follow my example), I would not lag behind any expedition-as in the traditions gone before.

Back to top Go down
https://islam4u.ahlamontada.com

The Book on Government (Kitab Al-Imara) 2
Page 1 of 1