islam4u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
islam4u

islamic, social, cultural

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Book Pertaining to the Merits of the Companions (Allah Be Pleased With Them) of the Holy Prophet (May Peace Be Upon Him) (Kitab Al-Fada'il Al-Sahabah) 2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

The Book Pertaining to the Merits of the Companions (Allah Be Pleased With Them) of the Holy Prophet (May Peace Be Upon Him) (Kitab Al-Fada'il Al-Sahabah)   2 Empty
PostSubject: The Book Pertaining to the Merits of the Companions (Allah Be Pleased With Them) of the Holy Prophet (May Peace Be Upon Him) (Kitab Al-Fada'il Al-Sahabah) 2   The Book Pertaining to the Merits of the Companions (Allah Be Pleased With Them) of the Holy Prophet (May Peace Be Upon Him) (Kitab Al-Fada'il Al-Sahabah)   2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 12:33 pm

Book 031, Number 5982:

This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Hisham with the same chain of transmitters with a slight variation of wording.

Book 031, Number 5983:

'A'isha reported that people sent their gifts when it was the turn of 'A'isha seeking thereby the pleasure of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him).

Book 031, Number 5984:

'A'isha, the wife of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him), said: The wives of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) sent Fatima, the daughter of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him), to Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him). She ouaht permission to get in as he had been lying with me in my mantle. He gave her permission and she said: Allah's Messenger, verily, your wives have sent me to you in order to ask you to observe equity in case of the daughter of Abu Quhafa. She ('A'isha) said: I kept quiet. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said to her (Fatima): 0 daughter, don't you love whom I love? She said: Yes, (I do). Thereupon he said: I love this one. Fatima then stood up as she heard this from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and went to the wives of Allatt's Apostle (may peace be upon him) and informed them of what she had said to him and what Allah's messenger (may peace be upon him) had said to her. Thereupon they said to her: We think that you have been of no avail to us. You may again go to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and tell him that his wives seek equity in case of the daughter of Abu Quhafa. Fitima said: By Allah, I will never talk to him about this matter. 'A'isha (further) reported: The wives of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) then sent Zainab b. jahsh, the wife of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him), and she was one who was somewhat equal in rank with me in the eyes of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and I have never seen a woman more advanced in religious piety than Zainab, more God-conscious, more truthful, more alive to the ties of blood, more generous and having more. sense of self-sacrifice in practical life and having more charitable disposition and thus more close to God, the Exalted, than her. She, however, lost temper very soon but was soon calm. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) permitted her to enter as she ('A'isha) was along with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) in her mantle, in the same very state when Fatima had entered. She said: Allah's Messenger, your wives have sent me to you seeking equity in case of the daughter of Abu Quhafa. She then came to me and showed harshness to me and I was seeing the eyes of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) whether he would permit me. Zainab went on until I came to know that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) would not disapprove if I retorted. Then I exchanged hot words until I made her quiet. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) smiled and said: She is the daughter of Abu Bakr. This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Zuhri with the same chain of transmitters, but with a slight variation of wording.

Book 031, Number 5985:

'A'isha reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) during his last illness) inquired: Where I would be tomorrow, where I would be tomorrow (thinking, that the turn of 'A'isha was not very near) and when it was my turn, Allah called him to his Heavenly Home and his head was between my neck and chest.

Book 031, Number 5986:

A'isha reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) at the time of breathing his last was reclining against her chest and she was leaning over him and listening to him as he was saying: O Allah, grant me pardon, show mercy to me, enjoin me to companions (on High).

Book 031, Number 5987:

This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Hisham through another chain of transmitters.

Book 031, Number 5988:

'A'isha reported: I heard that never a prophet dies until he is given an option to opt the life of (this) world or that of the Hereafter. She further said: I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) say in his last illness in which he' died. I heard him saying in gruffness of the voice: Along with those persons upon whom Allah bestowed favours from amongst the Apostles, the testifiers of truth, the martyrs, the pious and goodly company are they (iv. 69). (It was on bearing these words) that I thought that he had been given choice (and he opted to live with these pious persons in the Paradise).

Book 031, Number 5989:

This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Sa'd with the same chain of transmitters.

Book 031, Number 5990:

'A'isha, the wife of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him), reported that he used to say: Never a prophet dies in a state that he is not made to see his abode in Paradise, and then given a choice. 'A'isha said that when Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) was about to leave the world, his head was over her thigh and he had fallen into swoon three times. When he felt relief his eyes were fixed at the ceiling. He then said: O Allah, along with the high companions (i. e. along with the Apostles who live in the most elevated place of the Paradise). (On hearing these words), I then said (to myself) He is not going to opt us and I remembered a hadith which he had narrated to us as he was healthy and in which he said: No prophet dies until he sees his abode in Paradise, he is then given a choice. 'A'isha said: These were the last words which Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) spoke (the words are): O Allah, with companions on High.

Book 031, Number 5991:

'A'isha reported that when Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) set ont on a journey, he used to cast lots amongst his wives. Once this lot came out in my favour and that of Hafsa. They (Hafsi, and 'A'isha) both went along with him and Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) used to travel (on camel) when it was night along with 'A'isha and talked with her. Hafsa said to 'A'isha: Would you like to ride upon my camel tonight and allow me to ride upon your camel and you would see (what you do not generally see) and I would see (what I do not see) generally? She said: Yes. So 'A'isha rode upon the camel of Hafsa and Hafsa rode upon the camel of 'A'isha and Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) came near the camel of 'A'isha. (whereas) Hafsa had been riding over that. He greeted her and then rode with her until they came down. She ('A'isha) thus missed (the company of the Holy Prophet) and when they sat down, 'A'isha felt jealous. She put her foot in the grass and said: O Allah, let the scorpion sting me or the serpent bite me. And so far as thy Messenger is concerned, I cannot say anything about him.

Book 031, Number 5992:

Anas b. Malik reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The excellence of 'A'isha over women is like the excellence of Tharid over all other foods.

Book 031, Number 5993:

This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Anas b. Malik through other chains of transmitters.

Book 031, Number 5994:

'A'isha reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said to her: Gabriel offered you greetings and I said: So there should be peace and mercy of Allah upon him.

Book 031, Number 5995:

This hadith has been narrated on the authority of 'A'isha through another chain of transmitters.

Book 031, Number 5996:

This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Zakriyya' through another chain of transmitters.

Book 031, Number 5997:

'A'isha, the wife of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him), reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: 'A'isha, here is Gabriel offering you greetings. She said: 1 made a reply: Let there be peace and blessings of Allah upon him, and added: He sees what I do not see.

Chapter 14: THE HADITH OF UMM ZARA
Book 031, Number 5998:

'A'isha reported that (one day) there sat together eleven women making an explicit promise amongst themselves that they would conceal nothing about their spouses. The first one said: My husband is a sort of the meat of a lean camel placed at the top of a hill, which it is difficult to climb up, nor (the meat) is good enough that one finds in oneself the urge to take it away (from the top of that mountain).

The second one said: My husband (is so bad) that I am afraid I would not be able to describe his faults-both visible and invisible completely.

The third one said: My husband is a long-statured fellow (i. e. he lacks intelligence). If I give vent to my feelings about him, he would divorce me, and if I keep quiet I would be made to live in a state of suspense (neither completely abandoned by him nor entertained as wife).

The fourth one said: My husband is like the night of Tihama (the night of Hijaz and Mecca), neither too cold nor hot, neither there is any fear of him nor grief.

The fifth one said: My husband is (like) a leopard as he enters the house, and behaves like a lion when he gets out, and he does not ask about that which he leaves in the house.

The sixth one said: So far as my husband is concerned, he eats so much that nothing is left back and when he drinks he drinks that no drop is left behind. And when he lies down he wraps his body and does not touch me so that he may know my grief.

The seventh one said: My husband is heavy in spirit, having no brightness in him, impotent, suffering from all kinds of conceivable diseases, heaving such rough manners that he may break my head or wound my body, or may do both.

The eighth one said: My husband is as sweet as the sweet-smelling plant, and as soft as the softness of the hare.

The ninth one said: My husband is the master of a lofty building, long-statured, having heaps of ashes (at his door) and his house is near the meeting place and the inn.

The tenth one said: My husband is Malik, and how fine Malik is, much above appreciation and praise (of mine). He has many folds of his camel, more in number than the pastures for them. When they (the camels) hear the sound of music they become sure that they are going to be slaughtered.

The eleventh one said: My husband is Abu Zara'. How fine Abu Zara' is! He has suspended in my ears heavy ornaments and (fed me liberally) that my sinews and bones are covered with fat. So he made me happy. He found me among the shepherds living in the side of the mountain, and he made me the owner of the horses, camels and lands and heaps of grain and he finds no fault with me. I sleep and get up in the morning (at my own sweet will) and drink to my heart's content. The mother of Abu Zara', how fine is the mother of Abu Zara'! Her bundles are heavily packed (or receptacles in her house are filled to the brim) and the house quite spacious. So far as the son of Abu Zara' is concerned, his bed is as soft as a green palm-stick drawn forth from its bark, or like a sword drawn forth from its scabbard, and whom just an arm of a lamb is enough to satiate. So far as the daughter of Abu Zara' is concerned, how fine is the daughter of Abu Zara', obedient to her father, obedient to her mother, wearing sufficient flesh and a source of jealousy for her co-wife. As for the slave-girl of Abu Zara', how fine is she; she does not disclose our affairs to others (outside the four walls of the house). She does not remove our wheat, or provision, or take it forth, or squander it, but she preserves it faithfully (as a sacred trust). And she does not let the house fill with rubbish. One day Abu Zara' went out (of his house) when the milk was churned in the vessels, that he met a woman, having two children like leopards playing with her pomegranates (chest) under her vest. He divorced me (Umm Zara') and married that woman (whom Abu Zara') met on the way. I (Umm Zara') later on married another person, a chief, who was an expert rider, and a fine archer: he bestowed upon me many gifts and gave me one pair of every kind of animal and said: Umm Zara', make use of everything (you need) and send forth to your parents (but the fact) is that even if I combine all the gifts that he bestowed upon me, they stand no comparison to the least gift of Abu Zara'.

'A'isha reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said to me: I am for you as Abu Zara' was for Umm Zara'.

This hadith has been transmitted on the authority of Hisham b. 'Urwa but with a slight variation of wording.

Chapter 15: THE MERITS OF FATIMA, DAUGHTER OF ALLAH'S APOSTLE (MAY PEACE BE UPON HIM)
Book 031, Number 5999:

Miswar b. Makhramali reported that he heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) say, as he sat on the pulpit: The sons of Hisham b. Mughira have asked my permission to marry their daughter with 'Ali b. Abi Talib (that refers to the daughter of Abu Jahl for whom 'All had sent a proposal for marriage). But I would not allow them, I would not allow them, I would not allow them (and the only alternative possible is) that 'Ali should divorce my daughter (and then marry their daughter), for my daughter is part of me. He who disturbs her in fact disturbs me and he who offends her offends me.

Book 031, Number 6000:

Miswar b. Makhramah reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Fatima is a part of me. He in fact tortures me who tortures her.

Book 031, Number 6001:

(Imam Zain-ul-'Abidin) 'Ali b. Husain reported that when they came to Medina from Yazid b. Mu'awiya after the martyrdom of Husain b. 'Ali (Allah be pleased with him) Miswar b. Makhramah met him and said to him: Is there any work for me which you ask me to do? I said to him: No. He again said to me: Would you not give me the sword of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) for I fear that the people may snatch it from you? By Allah, if you give that to me, no one would be able to take it away, so long as there is life in me. Verily 'Ali b. Abi Talib sent a proposal of marriage to the daughter of Abu Jahl in spite of (the fact that his wife) Fatima (had been living in his house). Thereupon I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) say while addressing the people on the pulpit. I was adolescing in those days. He said: Fatima is a part of me and I fear that she may be put to trial in regard to religion. He then made a mention of his son-in law who had been from the tribe of 'Abd Shams and praised his behaviour as a son-in-law and said: Whatever he said to me he told the truth and whatever he promised he fulfilled it for me. I am not going to declare forbidden what is lawful and make lawful what is forbidden, but, by Allah, the daaghter of Allah's Messenger and the daughter of the enemy of Allah can never be combined at one place.

Book 031, Number 6002:

'Ali b. Husain reported that Miswar b. Makhramah informed him that 'Ali b. Abi Talib sent the proposal of marriage to the daughter of Abu Jahl as he had Fatima, the daughter of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him), (as his wife). When Fatima heard about it, she came to Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) and said: The people say that you never feel angry on account of your daughters and now 'Ali is going to marry the daughter of Abu Jahl. Makhramah said: Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) rose up and I heard him reciting Tashahhud and say: Now to the point. I gave a daughter of mine (Zainab) to Abu'l-'As b. Rabi, and he spoke to me and spoke the truth. Verily Fatima, the daughter of Muhammad, is a part of me and I do not approve that she may be put to any trial and by Allah, the daughter of Allah's Messenger cannot be combined with the daughter of God's enemy (as the co-wives) of one person. Thereupon 'Ali gave up (the idea of his intended) marriage. This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Zuhri with the same chain of transmitters.

Book 031, Number 6003:

'A'isha reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) called his daughter Fatima (during his last illness). He said. to her something secretly and she wept. He again said to her something secretly and she laughed. 'A'isha further reported that she said to Fatima: What is that which Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said to you secretly and you wept and then said to you something secretly and you laughed? Thereupon she said: He informed me secretly of his death and so I wept. He then again informed me secretly that I would be the first amongst the members of his family to follow him and so I laughed.

Book 031, Number 6004:

'A'isha reported: We, the wives of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him), were with him (during his last illness) and none was absent therefrom that Fatima, who walked after the style of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him), came there, and when he saw her he welcomed her saying: You are welcome, my daughter. He their made her sit on his right side or on his left side. Then he said something secretly to her and she wept bitterly and when he found her (plunged) in grief he said to her something secretly for the second time and she laughed. I ('A'isha) said to her: Allah's Messenger has singled you amongst the women (of the family) for talking (to you something secretly) and you wept. When Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) recovered from illness, I said to her. What did Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) say to you? Thereupon she said: I am not going to disclose the secret of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him). When Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) died, I said to her: I adjure you by the right that I have upon you that you should narrate to me what Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said to you. She said: Yes, now I can do that (so listen to it). When he talked to me secretly for the first time he informed me that Gabirel was in the habit of reciting the Qur'an along with him once or twice every year, but this year it had been twice and so he perceived his death quite near, so fear Allah and be patient (and he told me) that he would be a befitting forerunner for me and so I wept as you saw me. And when he saw me in grief he talked to me secretly for the second time and said: Fatima, are you not pleased that you should be at the head of the believing women or the head of this Umma? I laughed and it was that laughter which you saw.

Book 031, Number 6005:

'A'isha reported that all the wives of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) had gathered (in her apartment) during the days of his (Prophet's) last illness and no woman was left behind that Fatima, who walked after the style of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him), came there. He welcomed her by saying: You are welcome, my daughter, and made her sit on his right side or on his left side, and then talked something secretly to her and Fitima wept. Then he talked something secretly to her and she laughed. I said to her: What makes you weep? She said; I am not going to divulge the secret of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him). I ('A'isha) said: I have not seen (anything happening) like today, the happiness being more close to grief (as I see today) when she wept. I said to her: Has Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) singled you out for saying something leaving us aside? She then wept and I asked her what he said, and she said: I am not going to divulge the secrets of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him). And when he died I again asked her and she said that he (the Holy Prophet) told her: Gabriel used to recite the Qur'an to me once a year and for this year it was twice and so I perceived that my death had drawn near, and that I ('A'isha) would be the first amongst the members of his family who would meet him (in the Hereafter). He shall be my good forerunner and it made me weep. He again talked to me secretly (saying): Arn't you pleased that you should be the sovereign amongst the believing women or the head of women of this Umma? And this made me laugh.

Chapter 16: THE MERITS OF UMM SALAMA, THE MOTHER OF THE FAITHFUL (ALLAH BE PLEASED WITH HER)
Book 031, Number 6006:

Salman reported: In case it lies in your power don't be one to enter the bazar first and the last to get out of that because there is a bustle and the standard of Satan is set there. He said: I was informed that Gabriel (Allah be pleased with him) came to Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) and there was with him Umin Salama and he began to talk with him. He then stood up, whereupon Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) said to Umm Salama: (Do you know) who was he and what did he say? She said: He was Dihya (Kalbi). He reported Umm Salama having said: By Allah, I did not deem him but only he (Dihya) until I heard the address of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) informing him about us. He (the narrator) said: I said to Uthman: From whom did you hear it? He said: From Usima b. Zaid.

Chapter 17: EXCELLENCE OF ZAINAB, THE MOTHER OF THE FAITHFUL (ALLAH BE PLEASED WITH HER)
Book 031, Number 6007:

'A'isha, the Mother of the Faithful, reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: One who has the longest hands amongst you would meet me most immediately. She farther said: They (the wives of Allah's Apostle) used to measure the hands as to whose hand was the longest and it was the hand of Zainab that was the longest amongst them, as she used to work with her hand and Spend (that income) on charity.

Chapter 18: THE MERITS OF UMM AIMAN (ALLAH BE PLEASED WITH HER)
Book 031, Number 6008:

Anas reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) went to Umm Aiman and I went along with him and she served him a drink in a vessel and he reported that the narrator said: I do not know whether it was because of the fasting (or for any other reason) that he (the Holy Prophet) refused to accept that. She raised her voice and showed annoyance to him.

Book 031, Number 6009:

Anas reported that after the death of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) Abu Bakr said to 'Umar: Let us visit Umm Aiman as Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) used to visit her. As we came to her, she wept. They (Abu Bakr and Umar) said to her: What makes you weep? What is in store (in the next world) for Allah's-Messenger (may peace be upon him) is better than (this worldly life). She said: I weep not because I am ignorant of the fact that what is in store for Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) (in the next world) is better than (this world), but I weep because the revelation which came from the Heaven has ceased to come. This moved both of them to tears and they began to weep along with her.

Chapter 19: THE MERITS OF UMM SULAIM, THE MOTHER OF ANAS B. MALIK, AND BILAL (ALLAH BE PLEASED WITH BOTH OF THEM)
Book 031, Number 6010:

Anas reported that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) did not enter the house of any woman except that of his wives and that of Umm Sulaim. He used to visit her. It was said to him why it was so, whereupon he said: I feel great compassion for her. Her brother was killed while he was with me.

Book 031, Number 6011:

Anas reported that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) said: I entered Paradise and heard the noise of steps. I said: Who is it? They said: She is Ghumaisa, daughter of Milhan, the mother of Anas b. Malik.

Book 031, Number 6012:

Jabir b. 'Abdullah reported: I was shown Paradise and I saw the wife of Abu Talha (i. e. Umm Sulaim) and I heard the noise of steps before me and, lo, it was that of Bilal.

Chapter 20: THE MERITS OF ABU TALHA ANSARI
Book 031, Number 6013:

Anas reported that the son of Abu Talba who was born of Umm Sulaim died. She (Umm Sulaim) said to the members of her family: Do not narrate to Abu Talha about his son until I narrate it to him. Abu Talha came (home) ; she presented to him the supper. He took it and drank water. She then embellished herself which she did not do before. He (Abu Talha) had a sexual intercourse with her and when she saw that he was satisfied after sexual intercourse with her, she said: Abu Talha, if some people borrow something from another family and then (the members of the family) ask for its return, would they resist its return? He said: No. She said: I inform you about the death of your son. He was annoyed, and said: You did not inform me until I had a sexual intercourse with you and you later on gave me information about my son. He went to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and informed him what had happened. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: May Allah bless both of you in the night spent by you! He (the narrator) said: She became pregnant. Allah's Messenger (may peace he upon him) was in the course of a journey and she was along with him and when Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) came back to Medina from the journey he did not enter (his house) (during the night). When the people came near Medina, she felt the pangs of delivery. He (Abu Talha) remained with her and Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) proceeded on. Abu Talha said: O Lord, you know that I love to go along with Allah's Messenger when he goes out and enter along with him when he enters and I have been detained as Thou seest. Umm Sulaim said: Abu Talha, I do not feel (so much pain) as I was feeling formerly, so better proceed on. So we proceeded on and she felt the pangs of delivery as they reached (Medina) and a child was born and my mother said to me: Anas, none should suckle him until you go to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) tomorrow morning. And when it was morning I carried him (the child) and went along with him to Allah's Messenger (may peace beupon him). He said: I saw that he had in his hand the instrument for the cauterisation of the camels. When he saw me. he said: This is, perhaps, what Umm Sulaim has given birth to. I said: Yes. He laid down that instrument on the ground. I brought that child to him and placed it in his lap and Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) asked Ajwa dates of Medina to be brought and softened them in his month. When these had become palatable he placed them in the mouth of that child. The child began to taste them. Then Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: See what love the Ansar have for dates. He then wiped his face and named him 'Abdullah.

Book 031, Number 6014:

This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Anas b. Malik through another chain of transmitters.

Chapter 21: THE MERITS OF BILAL (ALLAH BE PLEASED WITH HIM)
Book 031, Number 6015:

Abu Huraira reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said to Bilal: Bilal, narrate to me which act at the time of morning prayer you did in Islam for which you hope to receive good reward, for I heard during the night the sound of your steps before me in Paradise. Bilal said: I did not do any act in Islam for which I hope to get any benefit but this that when I perform complete ablution during the night or day I observe prayer with that purification what Allah has ordained for me to pray.

Chapter 22: THE MERITS OF 'ABDULLAH B. MAS'UD AND THAT OF HIS MOTHER (ALLAH BE PLEASED WITH THEM)
Book 031, Number 6016:

Abdullah reported that when this verse was revealed:" There is no harm on persons who believe and perform good acts, what they had eaten (formerly) when they avoided it (now) and they affirmed their faith" (v. 93) up to the end. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said to me: You are one amongst them.

Book 031, Number 6017:

Abu Musa reported: When I and my brother came from Yemen we used to consider Ibn Mas'ud and his mother amongst the members of the household. of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) because of their visiting them frequently and staying there for long (periods of) time.

Book 031, Number 6018:

Abu Musa. reported: I came to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and thought that 'Abdullah was amongst the members of the family, or like that.

Book 031, Number 6019:

Abu Ishaq reported that he heard Abu'l-Ahwas say: I was along with Abu Musa and Abu Mas'ud as Ibn Mas'ud died and one of them said to the other: Do you find one like him besides him? Thereupon he said: Do you say this (no one can be his rival)? He was admitted (to the company of the Holy Prophet) whereas we were detained and he had been present in the company of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) whereas we had been absent.

Book 031, Number 6020:

Abu Ahwas reported: We were in the house of Abu Musa along with some of the companions of 'Abdullah and they were looking at the Holy Book. 'Abdullah stood up, whereupon Abu Mas'ud said: I do not know whether Allah's Messenger, (may peace be upon him) has left after him one having a better knowledge (of Islam) than the man who is standing. Abu Musa said: If you say this, that is correct, because he had been present when we had been absent and he was permitted when we were detained.

Book 031, Number 6021:

Zaid b. Wahab reported: I was sitting along with Hudhaifa and Abu Musa, and the rest of the hadith is the same.

Book 031, Number 6022:

'Abdullah (b. Mas'ud) reported that he (said to his companions to conceal their copies of the Qur'an) and further said: He who conceals anything he shall have to bring that which he had concealed on the Day of judgment, and then said: After whose mode of recitation you command me to recite? I in fact recited before AIlah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) more than seventy chapters of the Qur'an and the Companions of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) know it that I have better understanding of the Book of Allah (than they do), and if I were to know that someone had better understanding than I, I would have gone to him. Shaqiq said: I sat in the company of the Companions of Mubkmmad (may peace be upon him) but I did not hear anyone having rejected that (that is, his recitation) or finding fault with it.

Book 031, Number 6023:

Abdullah reported: By Him besides Whom there is no god, there is no chapter in the Book of Allah about which I do not know as to where it was revealed and there is no verse about which I do not know in what context it was revealed, and if I were to know of one having a better understanding of the Book of Allah than I (and I could reach him) on the back of the mule, I would have definitely gone to him on camel's back.

Book 031, Number 6024:

Masruq reported: We used to go to Abdullah b. 'Amr and talk to him, Ibn Numair said: One day we made a mention of Abdullah b. Mas'ud, whereupon he said: You have made mention of a person whom I love more than anything else. I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Learn Qur'an from four persons: Ibn Umm 'Abd (i. e. 'Abdullah b. Mas'ud) he started from him-then Mu'adh b. Jabal and Ubayya b. Ka'b, then Salim the ally of Abu Hudhaifa.

Book 031, Number 6025:

Masruq reported: We were in the company of Abdullah b 'Amr that we made a mention of a hadith from Abdullah b. Mas'ud; thereupon he said: That is a person whose love ever remains (fresh in my heart) after I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Learn Qur'an from four persons: Ibn Umm 'Abd, i e. Abdullah b. Mas'ud and he started from his name-then Ubayy b. Ka'b and Mu'adh b Jabal. Zuhri did not make a mention of the words yaquluhu in his narration

Book 031, Number 6026:

This hadith has been reported on the authority of Abu Bakr b. Abu Shaiba and Abu Kuraib, and both of them said: Abu Mu'awiya narrated to us from A'mash on the authority of Jarir and Waki', and in a narration of Abu Bakr transmitted on the authority of Abu Mu'awiya the mention of Mu'adh has preceded Ubayy's, and in the narration transmitted on the authority of Abu Kuraib, the name of Ubayy preceded Mu'ddh's. This tradition has been transmitted on the authority of Shulba through A'mash, but there is a difference of order of the four.

Book 031, Number 6027:

Masruq reported: They made a mention of Ibn Mas'ud before 'Abdullah b. Amr, whereupon he said: He is a person whose love is always fresh in my heart after I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Learn the recita- tion of the Qur'an from four persons: from Ibn Mas'ud, Salim, the ally of Abu Hudhaifa, Ubayy b. Ka'b, Mu'adh b. Jabal.

Book 031, Number 6028:

Ubaidullah b. Mu'adh reported it on the authority of his father Shu'ba with the same chain of transmitters and he made this addition. He made a mention of these two names but I do not know whose name he mentioned first.

Book 031, Number 6029:

Anas is reported to have said: Four persons collected the Qur'an during the lifetime of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and all of them were Ansar: Mu'adh b. Jabal, Ubayy b. Ka'b, Zaid b. Thabit, Abu Zaid. Qatada said: Anas, who was Abu Zaid? He said: He was one of my uncles.

Chapter 23: THE MERITS OF UBAYY B. KA'B AND A GROUP OF ANSAR (ALLAH BE PLEASED WITH THEM)
Book 031, Number 6030:

Hammam said: I said to Anas b. Malik: Who collected the Qur'an during the lifetime of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him)? He said: Four (persons), all of them belonging to Ansir: Ubayy b. Ka'b, Mu'adh b. Jabal, Zaid b. Thabit and a person from the Ansar whose Kunya was Abu Zaid.

Book 031, Number 6031:

Anas b. Malik reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said to Ubayy: Verily Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, has commanded me to recite the Qur'an to you, whereupon he said: (Has) Allah mentioned my name to you? He said: Allah has mentioned your name to me. Thereupon he began to shed tears (of joy)

Book 031, Number 6032:

Anas b. Malik reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said to Ubayy b. Ka'b: I have been commanded to recite to you the Sura (al- Bayyinah) which opens with these words (Lam Yakunil-ladhiyna Kafaruu) He said: Has he mentioned to you my name? He said: Yes; thereupon he shed tears of joy. This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Anas through another chain of transmitters.

Chapter 24: THE MERITS OF SA'D B MU'ADH (ALLAH BE PLEASED WITH HIM)
Book 031, Number 6033:

Jabir b. 'Abdullah reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying while the bier of Sa'd b. Mu'adh was placed before them: The Throne of the most Gracious shook at the death of Sa'd b. Mu'adh.

Book 031, Number 6034:

Jabir reported that the Throne of the most Compassionate shook because of the death of Sa'd b. Mu'adh.

Book 031, Number 6035:

Anas b. Malik reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as say- ing: That his bier (that of Sa'd) was placed (before them) and the Throne of the most Compassionate shook.

Book 031, Number 6036:

Al-Bara' reported that a garment of silk was presented to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him). His Companions touched it and admired its softness; there- upon he said: Do you admire the softness of this (cloth)? The handkerchiefs of Sa'd b. Mu'adh in Paradise are better than this.

Book 031, Number 6037:

This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Anas b. Malik through another chain of transmitters.

Book 031, Number 6038:

This hadith has been reported on the authority of Shu'ba combining the two chains of transmitters. Anas b Malik reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) was presented a garment of sundus and he prohibited the use of silk. The persons admired it, whereupon he said: By Him in Whose Hand is the life of Muhammad, the kerchiefs of Sa'd b. Mu'adh in Paradise are better than this.

Book 031, Number 6039:

Anas reported the king of Dumat al-Jandal presented to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) the garment and lie made no mention (of the fact) that he prohibited the use of silk.

Chapter 25: THE MERITS OF ABU DUJANA (ALLAH BE PLEASED WITH HIM)
Book 031, Number 6040:

Anas reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) took hold of his sword on the Day of Uhud and said: Who would take it from me? All the persons stretched their hands saying: I would do it, I would do it. He (Allah's Apostle) said: Who would take it in order to fulfil its rights? Then the people withdrew their hands. Simak b. Kharasha Abu Dujana said: I am here to take it and fulfil its rights. He took it and struck the heads of the polytheists.

Chapter 26: THE MERITS OF 'ABDULLAH B. 'AMR B. HARAM, THE FATHER OF JABIR (ALLAH BE PLEASED WITH HIM)
Book 031, Number 6041:

Jabir b. 'Abdullah reported: The dead body of my father was brought and he was covered (with cloth) and it had been mutilated. I made an attempt to lift the cloth, but my people prohibited me to do so. I again made an attempt to lift the cloth, but my people prohibited me. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) lifted it or he commanded it to be lifted. He heard the noise (of a loud) weeping, or the noise of a woman mourner. He inquired who she was. They said: The daughter of 'Amr or the sister of Amr, whereupon he said: Why does she weep? The Angels provide him shade with the help of their Wings until he would be lifted (to his heavenly abode)

Book 031, Number 6042:

Jabir b. 'Abdullah reported: My father fell as a martyr on the Day of Uhud and I attempted to uncover his face and weep, but they (the Companions of the Holy Prophet) forbade me to do this, whereas Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) did not forbid me and Fatima bint Amr, the sister of my father, was also weeping There- upon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: You may weep or you may not weep; the Angels provide him shade with the help of their wings until you lift him (to be buried in the grave).

Book 031, Number 6043:

This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Jabir through another chain of transmitters, but with this difference that there is no mention of the Angels and the weeping of a female mourner.

Book 031, Number 6044:

Jabir reported: My father was brought in a state that his ears had been cut off and (his dead body) was placed before Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him), the rest of the hadith is the same.

Chapter 27: THE MERITS OF JULAIBIB (ALLAH BE PLEASED WITH HIM)
Book 031, Number 6045:

Abu Barza reported that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) was there in a battlefield that Allah conferred upon him the spoils of war. He said to his Companions: Is anyone missing amongst you? They said: So and so and so. He again said: Is there anyone missing amongst you? They said: So and so and so. He then said: Is there anyone missing amongst you? They said: No. Thereupon he (the Holy Prophet) said: But I am missing Julaibib. They (his Companions) searched him amongst those who had been killed and they found him by the side of seven (dead bodies) whom he had killed and he had been killed (by the oppoments). Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) came there and stood (by his side) and said: He killed seven (persons). Then (his opponents) killed him. He is mine and I am his. He then placed him upon his hands and there was none else to lift but Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him). Then the grave was dug for him and he was placed in the grave and no mention is made of a bath.

Chapter 28: THE MERITS OF ABU DHARR (ALLAH BE PLEASED WITH HIM)
Book 031, Number 6046:

'Abdullah b. Samit reported that Abu Dharr said: We set out from our tribe Ghafir who look upon the prohibited months as permissible months. I and my brother Unais and our mother stayed with our maternal uncle who treated us well. The men of his tribe fell jealous and they said: When you are anay from your house, Unais commits adultery with your wife. Our -naternal uncle came and he accused us of the sin which was conveyed to him. I said: You have undone the good you did to us. We cannot stay with you after this. We came to our camels and loaded (our) luggage. Our maternal uncle began to weep covering himself with (a piece of) cloth. We proceeded on until we encamped by the side of Mecca. Unais cast lot on the camels (we had) and an equal number (above that). They both went to a Kahin and he made Unais win and Unais came with our camels and an equal number along with them. He (Abu Dharr) said: My nephew, I used to observe prayer three years before my meeting with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him). I said: For whom did you say prayer? He said: For Allah. I said: To which direction did you turn your face (for observing prayer)? He said: I used to turn my face as Allah has directed me to turn my face. I used to observe the night prayer at the time of the end of night and I fell down in prostration like the mantle until the sun rose over me. Unais said: I have a work in Mecca, so you better stay here.

Unais went until he came to Mecca and he came to me late. I said: What did you do? He said: I met a person in Mecca who is on your religion and he claims that verily it is Allah Who has sent him. I said: What do the people say about him? He said: They say that he is a poet or a Kahin or a magician. Unais who was himself one of the poets said. I have heard the words of a Kahin but his words in no way resemble his (words). And 1 also compared his words to the verses of poets but such words cannot be uttered by any poet. By Allah, he is truthful and they are liars. Then I said: you stay here, until I go, so that I should see him. He said: I came to Mecca and I selected an insignificant person from amongst them and said to him: Where is he whom you call as-Sabi? He pointed out towards me saying: He is Sabi. Thereupon the people of the valley attacked me with sods and bows until I fell down unconscious. I stood up after havin. regained my consciousness and I found as if I was a red idol. I came to Zamzarn and washed blood from me and drank water from it and listen, O son of my brother, I stayed there for thirty nights or days and there was no food for me but the water of Zamzarn. And I became so bulky that there appeared wrinkles upon my stomach, and I did not feel any hunger in my stomach. It was during this time that the people of Mecca slept in the moonlit night and none was there to eircumambulate the House but only two women who had been invoking the name of Isafa, and Na'ila (the two idols).

They came to me while in their circuit and I said: Marry one with the other, but they did not dissuade from their invoking. They came to me and I said to them: Insert wood (in the idols' private parts). (I said this to them in such plain words) as I could not express in metaphorical terms. These women went away crying and saying: Had there been one amongst our people (he would have taught a lesson to you for the obscene words used for our idols before us). These women met Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and Abu Bakr who had also been coming down the hill. He asked them: What has happened to you? They said: There is Sabi, who has hidden himself between the Ka'ba and its curtain. He said: What did he say to you? They said: He uttered such words before us as we cannot express. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) came and he kissed the Black Stone and circumambulated the House along with his Companion and then observed prayer, and when he had finished his prayer, Abu Dharr said: I was the first to greet him with the salutation of peace and uttered (these words) in this way; Allah's Messen- ger, may there be peace upon you, whereupon he said: It may be upon you too and the mercy of Allah. He then said: Who are you? I said: From the tribe of Ghifar. He leaned his hand and placed his finger on his forehead and I said to myself: Perhaps he has not liked it that I belong to the tribe of Ghifar.

I attempted to catch hold of his hand but his friend who knew about him more than I dissuaded me f rom doing so. He then lifted his head and said: Since how long have you been here? I said: I have been here for the last thirty nights or days. He said: Who has been feeding you? I said: There has been no food for me but the water of Zamzam. I have grown so bulky that there appear wrinkles upon my stomach and I do not feel any hunger. He said: It is blessed (water) and it also serves as food. Thereupon Abu Bakr said: Allah's Messenger, let me serve as a host to him for tonight, and then Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) proceeded forth and so did Abu Bakr and I went along with them. Abu Bakr opened the door and then he brought for us the raisins of Ta'if and that was the first food which I ate there. Then I stayed as long as I had to stay. I then came to Allah's Messenaer (may peace be upon him) and he said: I have been shown the land abound- ing in trees and I think it cannot be but that of Yathrib (that is the old name of Medina). You are a preacher to your people on my behalf. I hope Allah would benefit them through you and He would reward you. I came to Unais and he said: What have you done? I said: I have done that I have embraced Islam and I have testified (to the prophethood of Allah's Messenger). He said: I have no aversion for your religion and I also embrace Islam and testify (to the prophethood of Muhammad). Then both of us came to our mother and she said: I have no aversion for your religion and I also embrace Islam and testify to the prophethood of Muhammad. We then loaded our camels and came to our tribe Ghifir and half of the tribe embraced Islam and their chief was Aimi' b. Rahada Ghifirl and he was their leader and hall of the tribe said: We will embrace Islam when Allah's Messenger (may p,. ace be upon him) would come to Medina, and when Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) came to Medina the remaining half also embraced Islam. Then a tribe Aslam came to the Holy Prophet (may peace be upon him) and said: Allah's Messenger, we also embrace Islam like our brothers who have embraced Islam. And they also embraced Islam. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Allah granted pardon to the tribe of Ghifar and Allah saved (from destruction) the tribe of Aslam.

Book 031, Number 6047:

This hadlth has been narrated on the authority of Humaid b. Hilal with the same chain of transmitters but with this addition:" As I came to Mecca, Unais said: (Well), go but be on your guard against the Meccans for they are his enemies and are annoyed with him."

Book 031, Number 6048:

Abdullah b. Samit reported that Abu Dharr said: Son of my brother, I used to observe prayer two years before the advent of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him). I said: To which direction did you turn your face? He said: To which Allah directed me to turn my face. The rest of the hadith is the same but with this addition that they went to a Kahin and his brother Unais began to praise him until he (in verses declared) him (Unais) as winner (in the contest of poetry), and so we got his camels, mixed them with our camels, and there is in this hadith also these words that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) came there and he circumambulated the House and observed two Rak'ahs of prayer behind the Station (of Ibrahim). I came to him and I was the first amongst persons to greet him with Assalam-o-'Alaikum, and I said to Allah's Messenger Let there be peace upon you. And he said: Let there be peace upon you too; who are you? And in the hadith (these words are) also found: Since how long have you been here? And Abu Bakr said: Let him be my guest tonight.

Book 031, Number 6049:

Ibn 'Abbas reported that when Abu Dharr heard of the advent of the Apostle (may peace be upon him) in Mecca he said: Brother, ride in this valley and bring information for me about the person who claims that there comes to him information from the Heavens. Listen to his words and then come to me. So he rode on until he came to Mecca and he heard his words (the sacred words of the Holy Prophet) and then came back to Abu Dharr and said: I have seen him exhorting (people) to develop good morals and his expressions can in no way be termed as poetry. He (Abu Dharr) said: I have not been satisfied with it regarding that which I had in my mind (as I sent you). So he took up provisions for the journey and a small water-skin con- taining water (and set forth) until he came to Mecca. He came to the mosque (Ka'ba) and began to find out Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) and he did not re- cognise him (the Holy Prophet) and he did not even like that he should ask about him from anyone until it was night, and he slept. 'All saw him and found him to be a stranger. So he went with him. He followed hive but one did not make any inquiry from the other about anything until it was morning. He then brought the water and his provisions to the mosque and spent a day there, but he did not see Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) until it was night. He then returned to his bed that there happened to pass 'Ali and he said: This man has not been able to find his destination until this time. He made him stand and he went with him and no one made an in- quiry from his companion about anything. And when it was the third day he did the same. 'Ali made him stand up and brought him along with him. He said: By Him, besides Whom there is no god, why don't you tell me (the reason) which brought you here to this town? He said: (I shall do this) provided you hold me promise and a covenant that you would guide me aright. He then did that. He ('Ali) said: Verily, he Is truthful and he is a Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) and when it is morning, follow me and if I would say anything from which I would sense fear about you I would stand (in a manner) as if I was throwing water and if I move on, you then follow me until I get in (some house). He did that and I followed him until he came to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him). He entered (the house) of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) along with him and listened to his words and embraced Islam at his very place. Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) said to him: Go to your people and inform them until my command reaches you. Thereupon he said: By Him in Whose Hand is my life, I shall say to the people of Mecca this thing at the top of my voice So he set forth until he came to the mosque and then spoke at the top of his voice (saying): I bear testimony to the fact that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah. The people attacked him and made him fall down when 'Abbas came and he leaned over him and said: Woe be upon you, don't you know that he is from amongst the tribe of Ghifar and your trad- ing route to Syria passes through (the settlements of this tribe), and he rescued him. He (Abu Dharr) did the same on the next day and they (the Meccans) again attacked him and Abbas leaned upon him and he rescued him.

Back to top Go down
https://islam4u.ahlamontada.com

The Book Pertaining to the Merits of the Companions (Allah Be Pleased With Them) of the Holy Prophet (May Peace Be Upon Him) (Kitab Al-Fada'il Al-Sahabah) 2
Page 1 of 1