islam4u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
islam4u

islamic, social, cultural

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Prophet's Trade and Marriage

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

The Prophet's Trade and Marriage Empty
PostSubject: The Prophet's Trade and Marriage   The Prophet's Trade and Marriage EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 12:42 am

When Muhammad, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, was eight years old, his grandfather, Abdul-MutTaalib, died. After that his uncle Abu Taalib took charge of looking after him. His uncle's kindness and warmth towards him made up for the loss of his grandfather.

Abu Taalib loved Muhammad, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, a lot and was keen to fulfill all his wishes. Once, Muhammad, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, wished to join him on a trade journey to Levant. Though his uncle, Abu Taalib, did not want him to have to go through the difficulties of such a journey during the early years of his life, yet he was then only twelve, he let him go.

Muhammad, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, accompanied his uncle to Levant where he had such a strange experience that everybody in the caravan noticed it.

The Christian monk Baheeraa was worshipping Allah in his monastery in the desert of Ash-Sham near the caravans' route. Astonishingly, Baheeraa, who never used to bother about passers-by, left his monastery upon seeing the caravan of Quraysh. He headed towards them and invited them all to a meal and stipulated that no one should be left behind.

When Muhammad,sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, came, the monk asked Abu Taalib: “Who is this boy?” Abu Taalib said: “My son.” The monk said: “ But I'm sure his father is not alive.” Abu Taalib said:

"He’s actually my nephew." The monk said: "Now you have told the truth."Then the monk checked the seal of prophethood on Muhammad's shoulder, and said to Abu Taalib:

"Return with your nephew, he will have a great status in the future. Keep him away from the Jews. If they know what I know about him they will harm him."

The words echoed pleasantly in Abu Taalib’s ears. He thanked the monk for this valuable advice that could only come from a good man and took his nephew back to Makkahh.

As years passed, the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) became a young man. His uncle thought that Muhammad, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, had grown up and must get married but where could Muhammad, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, get enough money for marriage? After thinking over his nephew's situation, Abu Taalib said: "My dear nephew, I’m a man of no wealth and the cost of living is getting tough for us. I heard that Khadeejah Bint Khuwaylid hired someone to trade with her money for a wage of two young camels. However, we wouldn’t accept the same wage for you, so should I talk to her about it?"

Muhammad, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, replied: “Whatever you like, uncle.”

Abu Taalib went to Khadeejah, may Allaah be pleased with her, and asked her: "O Khadeejah! Would you like to hire Muhammad, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam? We heard that you hired someone for two camels but we wouldn’t accept less than four for Muhammad."

Khadeejah, may Allaah be pleased with her, replied with warmth and respect to the honorable old man: "If you requested this for a hateful stranger I would have done it. How then can I refuse while you’re interceding for a dear close person."

Muhammad, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, started working on Khadeejah’s business accompanied by her servant, Maysarah, who was experienced in trade and the ways to run it.

Khadeejah, may Allaah be pleased with her, trusted him with both her money and business. The journey was extremely successful and blessed. They gained more than all the previous journeys.

On their way back, Maysarah suggested that he hurries to Makkah before Muhammad to be the first to tell Khadeejah the happy news of their safe arrival and successful trade. When Khadeejah, may Allaah be pleased with her, heard the news she was extremely pleased and admired Muhammad, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, because of what Maysarah had told her about his honesty, kind nature, and good morals. She admired Muhammad even more when he talked to her in person. Soon this admiration developed into appreciation and a desire to marry him.

Khadeejah Bint Khuwaylid, may Allaah be pleased with her, was an honorable woman from the tribe of Asad. She was beautiful, from a good family, and was wealthy. She had married twice before and decided not to marry again after the death of her second husband so as to be devoted to managing her wealth and investing in her business. When Muhammad, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, worked in her business and Khadeejah noticed his good traits, she liked him and wished to marry him. Khadeejah, may Allaah be pleased with her, told this secret to one of her close friends who in turn went and asked Muhammad, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, why he was still single. He replied: “I cannot afford it financially.” She said: "You do not have to. If you have a beautiful, wealthy and honorable woman, wouldn't you agree?"

He, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, said: "Who is this woman?" She said: "Khadeejah." He, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, replied: "How can I marry her?" She said: "Leave it to me." He agreed right away so she returned to Khadeejah to tell her the good news and Khadeejah was very happy.

Muhammad, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, visited Khadeejah, may Allaah be pleased with her, with his uncles to announce the proposal. Abu Taalib gave a short speech praising his nephew and said that no young man in Quraysh was equal to Muhammad in his good manners, sincerity, and honesty. He mentioned that although he didn’t have much money, it was not that important because wealth comes and goes. Then he addressed Khadeejah’s family and said that Muhammad wanted to marry Khadeejah and that she also wanted to marry him. They agreed on the marriage proposal and had a banquet to celebrate this happy occasion. Muhammad gave a dowry of 20 camels to Khadeejah then they were married and he moved to live in Khadeejah’s house. Thus, Allaah willed that this noble woman, may Allaah be pleased with her, be married to the master of all creatures, to become the first Mother of the believers, and the best assistant for the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam). She was the first to believe in him as a Prophet and she supported him with her money. Her life with him throughout twenty-five years was filled with happiness and she gave him six children, two of them were boys. They were:

Al-Qaasim and 'Abdullaah, may Allaah be pleased with them, and both died before he became a messenger of Allaah.

The four girls were:

Zaynab who married her cousin Abu Al-'Aas Bin Ar-Rabee’

Ruqayyah and Umm Kolthoom who were married to 'Uthmaan Bin 'Affaan successively.

Faatimah who married 'Ali Bin Abu Taalib, may Allaah be pleased with them all.

ADD A COMEMNT

PLEASE PASTE OUR LINK TO FACEBOOK, TWITTER,YAHOO GROUPS, SEARCH ENGINES, E-MAIL LISTING etc AND HELP IN PROMOTING IT

https://islam4u.ahlamontada.com/

Back to top Go down
https://islam4u.ahlamontada.com

Page 1 of 1