islam4u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
islam4u

islamic, social, cultural

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Good Manners and Form (Al-Adab) 4

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Good Manners and Form (Al-Adab)   4 Empty
PostSubject: Good Manners and Form (Al-Adab) 4   Good Manners and Form (Al-Adab)   4 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 4:44 pm

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 183:

Narrated Abu Bakra:

A man praised another man in front of the Prophet. The Prophet said thrice, "Wailaka (Woe on you) ! You have cut the neck of your brother!" The Prophet added, "If it is indispensable for anyone of you to praise a person, then he should say, "I think that such-and-such person (is so-and-so), and Allah is the one who will take his accounts (as he knows his reality) and none can sanctify anybody before Allah (and that only if he knows well about that person.)".

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 184:

Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri:

While the Prophet was distributing (war booty etc.) one day, Dhul Khawaisira, a man from the tribe of Bani Tamim, said, "O Allah's Apostle! Act justly." The Prophets said, "Woe to you! Who else would act justly if I did not act justly?" 'Umar said (to the Prophet ), "Allow me to chop his neck off." The Prophet said, "No, for he has companions (who are apparently so pious that) if anyone of (you compares his prayer with) their prayer, he will consider his prayer inferior to theirs, and similarly his fasting inferior to theirs, but they will desert Islam (go out of religion) as an arrow goes through the victim's body (games etc.) in which case if its Nasl is examined nothing will be seen thereon, and if its Nady is examined, nothing will be seen thereon, and if its Qudhadh is examined, nothing will be seen thereon, for the arrow has gone out too fast even for the excretions and blood to smear over it. Such people will come out at the time of difference among the (Muslim) people and the sign by which they will be recognized, will be a man whose one of the two hands will look like the breast of a woman or a lump of flesh moving loosely." Abu Said added, "I testify that I heard that from the Prophet and also testify that I was with 'Ali when 'Ali fought against those people. The man described by the Prophet was searched for among the killed, and was found, and he was exactly as the Prophet had described him." (See Hadith No. 807, Vol. 4)

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 185:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

A man came to Allah's Apostle and said, "O Allah's Apostle! I am ruined!" The Prophet said, "Waihaka (May Allah be merciful to you) !" The man said, "I have done sexual intercourse with my wife while fasting in Ramadan." The Prophet said, "Manumit a slave." The man said, " I cannot afford that. " The Prophet said; "Then fast for two successive months." The man said, " I have no power to do so." The Prophet said, "Then feed sixty poor persons." The man said, "I have nothing (to feed sixty persons). Later a basket full of dates were brought to the Prophet and he said (to the man), "Take it and give it in charity." The man said, "O Allah's Apostle! Shall I give it to people other than my family? By Him in Whose Hand my life is, there is nobody poorer than me in the whole city of Medina." The Prophet smiled till his premolar teeth became visible, and said, "Take it." Az-Zuhri said (that the Prophet said). "Wailaka."

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 186:

Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri:

A bedouin said, "O Allah's Apostle! Inform me about the emigration." The Prophet said, "Waihaka (May Allah be merciful to you)! The question of emigration is a difficult one. Have you got some camels?" The bedouin said, "Yes." The Prophet said, "Do you pay their Zakat?" He said, "Yes." The Prophet said, "Go on doing like this from beyond the seas, for Allah will not let your deeds go in vain."

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 187:

Narrated Ibn 'Umar:

The Prophet said, "Wailakum" (woe to you) or "waihakum" (May Allah be merciful to you)." Shu'ba is not sure as to which was the right word. "Do not become disbelievers after me by cutting the necks of one another."

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 188:

Narrated Anas:

A bedouin came to the Prophet and said, "O Allah's Apostle! When will The Hour be established?" The Prophet said, "Wailaka (Woe to you), What have you prepared for it?" The bedouin said, "I have not prepared anything for it, except that I love Allah and H is Apostle." The Prophet said, "You will be with those whom you love." We (the companions of the Prophet ) said, "And will we too be so? The Prophet said, "Yes." So we became very glad on that day. In the meantime, a slave of Al-Mughira passed by, and he was of the same age as I was. The Prophet said. "If this (slave) should live long, he will not reach the geriatric old age, but the Hour will be established."

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 189:

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet said, "Everyone will be with those whom he loves."

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 190:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin Mas'ud:

A man came to Allah's Apostle and said, "O Allah's Apostle! What do you say about a man who loves some people but cannot catch up with their good deeds?" Allah's Apostle said, "Everyone will be with those whom he loves."

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 191:

Narrated Abu Musa:

It was said to the Prophet; , "A man may love some people but he cannot catch up with their good deeds?" The Prophet said, "Everyone will be with those whom he loves."

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 192:

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

A man asked the Prophet "When will the Hour be established O Allah's Apostle?" The Prophet . said, "What have you prepared for it?" The man said, " I haven't prepared for it much of prayers or fast or alms, but I love Allah and His Apostle." The Prophet said, "You will be with those whom you love."

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 193:

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

Allah's Apostle said to Ibn Saiyad "I have hidden something for you in my mind; What is it?" He said, "Ad-Dukh." The Prophet said, "Ikhsa."

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 194:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar:

'Umar bin Al-Khattab set out with Allah's Apostle, and a group of his companions to Ibn Saiyad. They found him playing with the boys in the fort or near the Hillocks of Bani Maghala. Ibn Saiyad was nearing his puberty at that time, and he did not notice the arrival of the Prophet till Allah's Apostle stroked him on the back with his hand and said, "Do you testify that I am Allah's Apostle?" Ibn Saiyad looked at him and said, "I testify that you are the Apostle of the unlettered ones (illiterates)". Then Ibn Saiyad said to the Prophets . "Do you testify that I am Allah's Apostle?" The Prophet denied that, saying, "I believe in Allah and all His Apostles," and then said to Ibn Saiyad, "What do you see?" Ibn Saiyad said, "True people and liars visit me." The Prophet said, "You have been confused as to this matter." Allah's Apostle added, "I have kept something for you (in my mind)." Ibn Saiyad said, "Ad-Dukh." The Prophet said, "Ikhsa (you should be ashamed) for you can not cross your limits." 'Umar said, "O Allah's Apostle! Allow me to chop off h is neck." Allah's Apostle said (to Umar). "Should this person be him (i.e. Ad-Dajjal) then you cannot over-power him; and should he be someone else, then it will be no use your killing him." 'Abdullah bin 'Umar added: Later on Allah's Apostle and Ubai bin Ka'b Al-Ansari (once again) went to the garden in which Ibn Saiyad was present.

When Allah's Apostle entered the garden, he started hiding behind the trunks of the date-palms intending to hear something from Ibn Saiyad before the latter could see him. Ibn Saiyad was Lying on his bed, covered with a velvet sheet from where his mumur were heard. Ibn Saiyad's mother saw the Prophet and said, "O Saf (the nickname of Ibn Saiyad)! Here is Muhammad!" Ibn Saiyad stopped his murmuring. The Prophet said, "If his mother had kept quiet, then I would have learnt more about him." 'Abdullah added: Allah's Apostle stood up before the people (delivering a sermon), and after praising and glorifying Allah as He deserved, he mentioned the Ad-Dajjal saying, "I warn you against him, and there has been no prophet but warned his followers against him. Noah warned his followers against him but I am telling you about him, something which no prophet has told his people of, and that is: Know that he is blind in one eye where as Allah is not so."

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 195:

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

When the delegation of 'Abdul Qais came to the Prophet, he said, "Welcome, O the delegation who have come! Neither you will have disgrace, nor you will regret." They said, "O Allah's Apostle! We are a group from the tribe of Ar-Rabi'a, and between you and us there is the tribe of Mudar and we cannot come to you except in the sacred months. So please order us to do something good (religious deeds) so that we may enter Paradise by doing that, and also that we may order our people who are behind us (whom we have left behind at home) to follow it." He said, "Four and four:" offer prayers perfectly , pay the Zakat, (obligatory charity), fast the month of Ramadan, and give one-fifth of the war booty (in Allah's cause), and do not drink in (containers called) Ad-Duba,' Al-Hantam, An-Naqir and Al-Muzaffat."

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 196:

Narrated Ibn 'Umar:

The Prophet said, "For every betrayer (perfidious person), a flag will be raised on the Day of Resurrection, and it will be announced (publicly) 'This is the betrayal (perfidy) of so-and-so, the son of so-and-so.' "

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 197:

Narrated Ibn 'Umar:

Allah's Apostle said, "A flag will be fixed on the Day of Resurrection for every betrayer, and it will be announced (publicly in front of everybody), 'This is the betrayal (perfidy) so-and-so, the son of so-and-so."

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 198:

Narrated 'Aisha:

The Prophet said, "None of you should say Khabuthat Nafsi, but he is recommended to say 'Laqisat Nafsi."

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 199:

Narrated Sal:

The Prophet said, "None of you should say Khabuthat Nafsi but he is recommended to say 'Laqisat Nafsi (See Hadith No. 202)

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 200:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "Allah said, "The offspring of Adam abuse the Dahr (Time), and I am the Dahr; in My Hands are the night and the day." !

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 201:

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Don't call the grapes Al-Karm, and don't say 'Khai

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 202:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "They say Al-Karm (the generous), and in fact Al-Karm is the heart of a believer."

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 203:

Narrated 'Ali:

I never heard Allah's Apostle saying, "Let my father and mother be sacrificed for you," except for Sa'd (bin Abi Waqqas). I heard him saying, "Throw! (arrows), Let my father and mother be sacrificed for you !" (The sub-narrator added, "I think that was in the battle of Uhud.")

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 204:

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

That he and Abu Talha were coming in the company of the Prophet towards Medina), while Safiya (the Prophet's wife) was riding behind him on his she-camel. After they had covered a portion of the way suddenly the foot of the she-camel slipped and both the Prophet and the woman (i.e., his wife, Safiya) fell down. Abu Talha jumped quickly off his camel and came to the Prophet (saying.) "O Allah's Apostle! Let Allah sacrifice me for you! Have you received any injury?" The Prophet said, "No, but take care of the woman (my wife)." Abu Talha covered his face with his garment and went towards her and threw his garment over her. Then the woman got up and Abu Talha prepared their she camel (by tightening its saddle, etc.) and both of them (the Prophet and Safiya) mounted it. Then all of them proceeded and when they approached near Medina, or saw Medina, the Prophet said, "Ayibun,' abidun, taibun, liRabbina hamidun (We are coming back (to Medina) with repentance, worshipping (our Lord) and celebrating His (our Lord's) praises". The Prophet continued repeating these words till he entered the city of Medina.

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 205:

Narrated Jabir:

A boy was born for a man among us, and the man named him Al-Qasim. We said to him, "We will not call you Abu-l-Qasim, nor will we respect you for that." The Prophet was informed about that, and he said, "Name your son 'Abdur-Rahman."

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 206:

Narrated Jabi:

A man among us begot a boy whom he named Al-Qasim. The people said, "We will not call him (i.e., the father) by that Kuniya (Abu-l-Qasim) till we ask the Prophet about it. The Prophet said. "Name yourselves by my name, but do not call (yourselves) by my Kuniya."

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 207:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Abu-l-Qasim (The Prophet) said, "Name yourselves by my name, but do not call yourselves by my Kuniya."

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 208:

Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah:

A man among us begot a boy whom he named Al-Qasim. The people said (to him), "We will not call you Abul-l-Qasim, nor will we please you by calling you so." The man came to the Prophet and mentioned that to him. The Prophet said to him, "Name your son 'Abdur-Rahman."

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 209:

Narrated Al-Musaiyab:

That his father (Hazn bin Wahb) went to the Prophet and the Prophet asked (him), "What is your name?" He replied, "My name is Hazn." The Prophet said, "You are Sahl." Hazn said, "I will not change the name with which my father has named me." Ibn Al-Musaiyab added: We have had roughness (in character) ever since.

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 210:

Narrated Al-Musaiyab:

on the authority of his father similarly as above (i.e., 209).

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 211:

Narrated Sahl:

When Al-Mundhir bin Abu Usaid was born, he was brought to the Prophet who placed him on his thigh. While Abu Usaid was sitting there, the Prophet was busy with something in his hands so Abu Usaid told someone to take his son from the thigh of the Prophet . When the Prophet finished his job (with which he was busy), he said, "Where is the boy?" Abu Usaid replied, "We have sent him home." The Prophet said, "What is his name?" Abu Usaid said, "(His name is) so-and-so. " The Prophet said, "No, his name is Al-Mundhir." So he called him Al-Mundhir from that day.

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 212:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Zainab's original name was "Barrah," but it was said' "By that she is giving herself the prestige of piety." So the Prophet changed her name to Zainab.

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 213:

Narrated Said bin Al-Musaiyab:

That when his grandfather, Hazn visited the Prophet the Prophet said (to him), "What is your name?" He said, "My name is Hazn." The Prophet said, " But you are Sahl." He said, "I will not change my name with which my father named me." Ibn Al-Musaiyab added: So we have had roughness (in character) ever since.

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 214:

Narrated Isma'il:

I asked Abi Aufa, "Did you see Ibrahim, the son of the Prophet ?" He said, "Yes, but he died in his early childhood. Had there been a Prophet after Muhammad then his son would have lived, but there is no Prophet after him."

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 215:

Narrated Al-Bara:

When Ibrahim (the son of the Prophet) died, Allah's Apostle said, "There is a wet nurse for him in Paradise."

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 216:

Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah Al-Ansari:

Allah's Apostle said, "Name yourselves after me (by my name) but do not call (yourselves) by my Kuniya (1), for I am Al-Qasim (distributor), and I distribute among you Allah's blessings." This narration has also come on the authority of Anas that the ! Prophet said so."

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 217:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "Name yourselves after me (by my name), but do not call yourselves by my Kuniya, and whoever sees me in a dream, he surely sees me, for Satan cannot impersonate me (appear in my figure). And whoever intentionally ascribes something to me falsely, he will surely take his place in the (Hell) Fire.

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 218:

Narrated Abu Musa:

I got a son and I took him to the Prophet who named him Ibrahim, and put in his mouth the juice of a date fruit (which be himself had chewed?, and invoked for Allah's blessing upon him, and then gave him back to me. He was the eldest son of Abii Musa.

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 219:

Narrated Al-Mughira bin Shuba:

Solar eclipse occurred on the day of Ibrahim's death (the Prophet's son).

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 220:

Narrated 'Aisha:

(the wife the Prophet) Allah's Apostle said, "O Aisha! This is Gabriel sending his greetings to you." I said, "Peace, and Allah's Mercy be on him." 'Aisha added: The Prophet used to see things which we used not to see.

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 221:

Narrated Anas:

Once Um Sulaim was (with the women who were) in charge of the luggage on a journey, and Anjashah, the slave of the Prophet, was driving their camels (very fast). The Prophet said, "O Anjash! Drive slowly (the camels) with the glass vessels (i.e., ladies)."

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 222:

Narrated Anas:

The Prophet was the best of all the people in character. I had a brother called Abu 'Umar, who, I think, had been newly weaned. Whenever he (that child) was brought to the Prophet the Prophet used to say, "O Abu 'Umar! What did Al-Nughair (nightingale) (do)?" It was a nightingale with which he used to play. Sometimes the time of the Prayer became due while he (the Prophet) was in our house. He would order that the carpet underneath him be swept and sprayed with water, and then he would stand up (for the prayer) and we would line up behind him, and he would lead us in prayer.

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 223:

Narrated Sahl bin Sad:

The most beloved names to 'Ali was Abu Turab, and he used to be pleased when we called him by it, for none named him Abu Turab (for the first time), but the Prophet. Once 'Ali got angry with (his wife) Fatima, and went out (of his house) and slept near a wall in the mosque. The Prophet came searching for him, and someone said, "He is there, Lying near the wall." The Prophet came to him while his ('Ali's) back was covered with dust. The Prophet started removing the dust from his back, saying, "Get up, O Abu Turab!"

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 224:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "The most awful name in Allah's sight on the Day of Resurrection, will be (that of) a man calling himself Malik Al-Amlak (the king of kings)."

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 225:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "The most awful (meanest) name in Allah's sight." Sufyan said more than once, "The most awful (meanest) name in Allah's sight is (that of) a man calling himself king of kings." Sufyan said, "Somebody else (i.e. other than Abu Az-Zinad, a sub-narrator) says: What is meant by 'The king of kings' is 'Shahan Shah.,"

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 226:

Narrated Usama bin Zaid:

That Allah's Apostle rode over a donkey covered with a Fadakiya (velvet sheet) and Usama was riding behind him. He was visiting Sa'd bin 'Ubada (who was sick) in the dwelling place of Bani Al-Harith bin Al-Khazraj and this incident happened before the battle of Badr. They proceeded till they passed by a gathering in which 'Abdullah bin Ubai bin Salul was present., and that was before 'Abdullah bin Ubat embraced Islam. In that gathering there were Muslims, pagan idolators and Jews, and among the Muslims there was 'Abdullah bin Rawaha.

When a cloud of dust raised by (the movement of ) the animal covered that gathering, 'Abdullah bin Ubai covered his nose with his garment and said, "Do not cover us with dust." Allah's Apostle greeted them, stopped, dismounted and invited them to Allah (i.e. to embrace Islam) and recited to them the Holy Qur'an. On that 'Abdullah bin Ubai bin Salul said to him, "O man! There is nothing better than what you say, if it is the truth. So do not trouble us with it in our gatherings, but if somebody comes to you, you can preach to him." On that 'Abdullah bin Rawaha said "Yes, O Allah's Apostle! Call on us in our gathering, for we love that." So the Muslims, the pagans and the Jews started abusing one another till they were about to fight with one another. Allah's Apostle kept on quietening them till all of them became quiet, and then Allah's Apostle rode his animal and proceeded till he entered upon Sa'd bin 'Ubada. Allah's Apostle said, "O Sa'd! Didn't you hear what Abu Habab said?" (meaning 'Abdullah bin Unbar). "He said so-and-so." Sa'd bin Ubada said, "O Allah's Apostle! Let my father be sacrificed for you ! Excuse and forgive him for, by Him Who revealed to you the Book, Allah sent the Truth which was revealed to you at the time when the people of this town had decided to crown him ('Abdullah bin Ubai) as their ruler.

So when Allah had prevented that with the Truth He had given you, he was choked by that, and that caused him to behave in such an impolite manner which you had noticed." So Allah's Apostle excused him. (It was the custom of) Allah's Apostle and his companions to excuse the pagans and the people of the scripture (Christians and Jews) as Allah ordered them, and they used to be patient when annoyed (by them). Allah said: 'You shall certainly hear much that will grieve you from those who received the Scripture before you.....and from the pagans (3.186)

He also said: 'Many of the people of the scripture wish that if they could turn you away as disbelievers after you have believed. .... (2.109) So Allah's Apostle used to apply what Allah had ordered him by excusing them till he was allowed to fight against them. When Allah's Apostle had fought the battle of Badr and Allah killed whomever He killed among the chiefs of the infidels and the nobles of Quraish, and Allah's Apostle and his companions had returned with victory and booty, bringing with them some of the chiefs of the infidels and the nobles of the Quraish as captives. 'Abdullah bin Ubai bin Salul and the pagan idolators who were with him, said, "This matter (Islam) has now brought out its face (triumphed), so give Allah's Apostle the pledge of allegiance (for embracing Islam.)". Then they became Muslims.

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 227:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin Al-Harith bin Naufal:

Abbas bin 'Abdul Muttalib said, "O Allah's Apostle! Did you benefit Abu Talib with anything as he used to protect and take care of you, and used to become angry for you?" The Prophet said, "Yes, he is in a shallow place of Fire. But for me he would have been in the lowest part of the Fire."

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 228:

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

Once the Prophet was on one of his journeys, and the driver of the camels started chanting (to let the camels go fast). The Prophet said to him. "(Take care) Drive slowly with the glass vessels, O Anjasha! Waihaka (May Allah be Merciful to you)."

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 229:

Narrated Anas:

The Prophet was on a journey and a slave named Anjasha was chanting (singing) for the camels to let them go fast (while driving). The Prophet said, "O Anjasha, drive slowly (the camels) with the glass vessels!" Abu Qilaba said, "By the glass vessels' he meant the women (riding the camels)."

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 230:

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

The Prophet had a Had (a camel driver) called Anjasha, and he had a nice voice. The Prophet said to him, "(Drive) slowly, O Anjasha! Do not break the glass vessels!" And Qatada said, "(By vessels') he meant the weak women."

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 231:

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

There was a state of fear in Medina. Allah's Apostle rode a horse belonging to Abu Talha (in order to see the matter). The Prophet said, "We could not see anything, and we found that horse like a sea (fast in speed)."

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 232:

Narrated 'Aisha:

Some people asked Allah's Apostle about the fore-tellers. Allah's Apostle said to them, "They are nothing (i.e., liars)." The people said, 'O Allah's Apostle ! Sometimes they tell something which comes out to be true." Allah's Apostle said, "That word which comes to be true is what a jinx snatches away by stealing and then pours it in the ear of his fore-teller with a sound similar to the cackle of a hen, and then they add to it one-hundred lies."

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 233:

Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah:

That he heard Allah's Apostle saying. "Then there was a pause in the revelation of the Divine Inspiration to me. Then while I was walking all of a sudden I heard a voice from the sky, and I raised my sight towards the sky and saw the same angel who had visited me in the cave of Hira,' sitting on a chair between the sky and the earth."

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 234:

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

Once I stayed overnight at the house of Maimuna and the Prophet was there with her. When it was the last third of the night, or some part of the night, the Prophet got up looking towards the sky and recited: 'Verily! In the creation of the heavens and the earth, and in the alternation of Night and Day, there are indeed signs for men of u understanding.' (3.190)

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 235:

Narrated Abu Musa:

That he was in the company of the Prophet in one of the gardens of Medina and in the hand of the Prophet there was a stick, and he was striking (slowly) the water and the mud with it. A man came (at the gate of the garden) and asked permission to enter. The Prophet said, "Open the gate for him and give him the glad tidings of entering Paradise. "I went, and behold! It was Abu Bakr. So I opened the gate for him and informed him of the glad tidings of entering Paradise. Then another man came and asked permission to enter. The Prophet said, "Open the gate for him and give him the glad tidings of entering Paradise." Behold! It was 'Umar. So I opened the gate for him and gave him the glad tidings of entering Paradise. Then another man came and asked permission to enter.

The Prophet was sitting in a leaning posture, so he sat up and said, "Open the gate for him and give him the glad tidings of entering Paradise with a calamity which will befall him or which will take place." I went, and behold ! It was Uthman. So I opened the gate for him and gave him the glad tidings of entering Paradise and also informed him of what the Prophet had said (about a calamity). 'Uthman said, "Allah Alone Whose Help I seek (against that calamity).

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 236:

Narrated 'Ali:

We were with the Prophet in a funeral procession, and he started scraping the ground with a small stick and said, "There is none amongst you but has been assigned a place (either) in Paradise and (or) in the Hell-Fire." The people said (to him), "Should we not depend upon it?" He said: carry on doing (good) deeds, for everybody will find easy such deeds as will lead him to his destined place. He then recited: "As for him who gives (in charity) and keeps his duty to Allah.." (92.5)

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 237:

Narrated Um Salama:

(One night) the Prophet woke up and said, "Subhan Allah ! How many treasures have been (disclosed) sent down! And how many afflictions have been descended! Who will go and wake the sleeping lady-occupants up of these dwellings (for praying)?" (He meant by this his wives.) The Prophet added, "A well-dressed soul (person) in this world may be naked in the "Hereafter." 'Umar said, "I asked the Prophet, 'Have you divorced your wives?' He said, 'No.' I said, 'Allahu Akbar.' "

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 238:

Narrated Safiya bint Huyai:

The wife of the Prophet that she went to Allah's Apostle while he was in Itikaf (staying in the mosque) during the last ten nights of the month of Ramadan. She spoke to him for an hour (a while) at night and then she got up to return home. The Prophet got up to accompany her, and when they reached the gate of the mosque opposite the dwelling place of Um Salama, the wife of the Prophet, two Ansari men passed by, and greeting Allah's Apostle , they quickly went ahead. Allah's Apostle said to them, "Do not be in a hurry She is Safiya, the daughter of Huyai." They said, "Subhan Allah! O Allah's Apostle (how dare we suspect you)." That was a great thing for both of them. The Prophet then said, "Satan runs in the body of Adam's son (i.e. man) as his blood circulates in it, and I was afraid that he (Satan) might insert an evil thought in your hearts."

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 239:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin Mughaffal Al-Muzani:

The Prophet forbade the throwing of stones (with the thumb and the index or middle finger), and said "It neither hunts a game nor kills (or hurts) an enemy, but it gouges out an eye or breaks a tooth."

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 240:

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

Two men sneezed before the Prophet. The Prophet said to one of them, "May Allah bestow His Mercy on you," but he did not say that to the other. On being asked (why), the Prophet said, "That one praised Allah (at the time of sneezing), while the other did not praise Allah."

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 241:

Narrated Al-Bara:

The Prophet ordered us to do seven (things) and forbade us from seven (other things): He ordered us to pay a visit to the sick, to follow funeral possessions, to say: May Allah be merciful to you to a sneezer, - if he says: Praise be to Allah, to accept invitation (invitation to a wedding banquet), to return greetings, to help the oppressed, and to help others to fulfill their oaths (provided it was not sinful). And he forbade us from seven (things): to wear golden rings or golden bangles, to wear silk (cloth), Dibaj, Sundus and Mayathir.

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 242:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "Allah likes sneezing and dislikes yawning, so if someone sneezes and then praises Allah, then it is obligatory on every Muslim who heard him, to say: May Allah be merciful to you (Yar-hamuka-l-lah). But as regards yawning, it is from Satan, so one must try one's best to stop it, if one says 'Ha' when yawning, Satan will laugh at him."

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 243:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, " If anyone of you sneezes, he should say 'Al-Hamdulillah' (Praise be to Allah), and his (Muslim) brother or companion should say to him, 'Yar-hamuka-l-lah' (May Allah bestow his Mercy on you). When the latter says 'Yar-hamuka-llah", the former should say, 'Yahdikumul-lah wa Yuslih balakum' (May Allah give you guidance and improve your condition)."

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 244:

Narrated Anas:

Two men sneezed before the Prophet and he said Tashmit to one of them, while he did not say Tashmit to the other. So that man said, "O Allah's Apostle! You said Tashmit to that fellow but you did not say Tashmit to me. "The Prophet said, "That man praised Allah, but you did not praise Allah."

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 245:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "Allah loves sneezing but dislikes yawning; so if anyone of you sneezes and then praises Allah, every Muslim who hears him (praising Allah) has to say Tashmit to him. But as regards yawning, it is from Satan, so if one of you yawns, he should try his best to stop it, for when anyone of you yawns, Satan laughs at him."

ADD A COMEMNT

PLEASE PASTE OUR LINK TO FACEBOOK, TWITTER,YAHOO GROUPS, SEARCH ENGINES, E-MAIL LISTING etc AND HELP IN PROMOTING IT

https://islam4u.ahlamontada.com/

Back to top Go down
https://islam4u.ahlamontada.com

Good Manners and Form (Al-Adab) 4
Page 1 of 1