islam4u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
islam4u

islamic, social, cultural

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

General Behavior (Kitab Al-Adab) -1-

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

General Behavior (Kitab Al-Adab)  -1- Empty
PostSubject: General Behavior (Kitab Al-Adab) -1-   General Behavior (Kitab Al-Adab)  -1- EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 1:43 pm

General Behavior (Kitab Al-Adab)
Book 41, Number 4756:

Narrated Anas ibn Malik:

I served the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) at Medina for ten years. I was a boy. Every work that I did was not according to the desire of my master, but he never said to me: Fie, nor did he say to me: Why did you do this? or Why did you not do this?

Book 41, Number 4757:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) used to sit with us in meetings and talk to us. When he stood up we also used to stand up and see him entering the house of one of his wives. One day he talked to us and we stood up as he stood up and we saw that an Arabi (a nomadic Arab) caught hold of him and gave his cloak a violent tug making his neck red.

AbuHurayrah said: The cloak was coarse. He turned to him and the Arabi said to him: Load these two camels of mine, for you do not give me anything from your property or from your father's property.

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said to him: No, I ask Allah's forgiveness; no, I ask Allah's forgiveness; no, I ask Allah's forgiveness. I shall not give you the camel-load until you make amends for the way in which you tugged at me.

Each time the Arabi said to him: I swear by Allah, I shall not do so.

He then mentioned the rest of the tradition. He (the Prophet), then called a man and said to him: Load these two camels of his: one camel with barley and the other with dates. He then turned to us and said: Go on your way with the blessing of Allah.

Book 41, Number 4758:

Narrated Abdullah ibn Abbas:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Good way, dignified good bearing and moderation are the twenty-fifth part of Prophecy.

Book 41, Number 4759:

Narrated Mu'adh ibn Jabal:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: if anyone suppresses anger when he is in a position to give vent to it, Allah, the Exalted, will call him on the Day of Resurrection over the heads of all creatures, and ask him to choose any of the bright and large eyed maidens he wishes.

Book 41, Number 4760:

Narrated Son of a Companion:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: He then mentioned a similar tradition described above. This version has: Allah will fill his heart with security and faith. He did not mention the words "Allah will call him". This version further adds: He who gives up wearing beautiful garments when he is able to do so (out of humility, as Bishr's version has) will be clothed by Allah with the robe of honour, and he who marries for Allah's sake will be crowned by Allah with the crown of Kingdom.

Book 41, Number 4762:

Narrated Mu'adh ibn Jabal:

Two men reviled each other in the presence of the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and one of them became excessively angry so much so that I thought that his nose will break up on account of excess of anger. The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: I know a phrase which, if he repeated, he could get rid of this angry feeling. They asked: What is it, Apostle of Allah? He replied: He should say: I seek refuge in Thee from the accursed devil. Mu'adh then began to ask him to do so, but he refused and persisted in quarrelling, and began to enhance his anger.

Book 41, Number 4764:

Narrated AbuDharr:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said to us: When one of you becomes angry while standing, he should sit down. If the anger leaves him, well and good; otherwise he should lie down.

Book 41, Number 4766:

Narrated Atiyyah as-Sa'di:

AbuWa'il al-Qass said: We entered upon Urwah ibn Muhammad ibn as-Sa'di. A man spoke to him and made him angry. So he stood and performed ablution; he then returned and performed ablution, and said: My father told me on the authority of my grandfather Atiyyah who reported the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) as saying: Anger comes from the devil, the devil was created of fire, and fire is extinguished only with water; so when one of you becomes angry, he should perform ablution.

Book 41, Number 4770:

Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin:

When the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) was informed of anything of a certain man, he would not say: What is the matter with so and so that he says? But he would say: What is the matter with the people that they say such and such?

Book 41, Number 4771:

Narrated Anas ibn Malik:

A man who had the mark of yellowness on him came to the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him). The apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) rarely mentioned anything of a man which he disliked before him. When he went out, he said: Would that you asked him to wash it from him.

Book 41, Number 4772:

Narrated AbuSalamah ; AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: The believer is simple and generous, but the profligate is deceitful and ignoble.

Book 41, Number 4774:

A man asked permission to see the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him), and the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: He is a bad member of the tribe. When he entered, the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) treated in a frank and friendly way and spoke to him. When he departed , I said: Apostle of Allah! When he asked permission, you said: He is a bad member of the tribe, but when he entered, you treated him in a frank and friendly way. The Apostle of Allah replied: Aisha! Allah does not like the one who is unseemly and lewd in his language.

Book 41, Number 4776:

Narrated Anas ibn Malik:

I never said that when any man brought his mouth to the ear of the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) and he withdrew his head until the man himself withdrew his head, and I never saw that when any man took him by his hand and he withdrew his hand, until the man himself withdrew his hand.

Book 41, Number 4780:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: By his good character a believer will attain the degree of one who prays during the night and fasts during the day.

Book 41, Number 4781:

Narrated AbudDarda':

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: There is nothing heavier than good character put in the scale of a believer on the Day of Resurrection.

Book 41, Number 4782:

Narrated AbuUmamah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: I guarantee a house in the surroundings of Paradise for a man who avoids quarrelling even if he were in the right, a house in the middle of Paradise for a man who avoids lying even if he were joking, and a house in the upper part of Paradise for a man who made his character good.

Book 41, Number 4788:

Narrated Abdullah ibn ash-Shikhkhir:

I went with a deputation of Banu Amir to the apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him), and we said: You are our lord (sayyid). To this he replied: The lord is Allah, the Blessed and Exalted. Then we said: And the one of us most endowed with excellence and superiority. To this he replied: Say what you have to say, or part of what you have to say, and do not let the devil make you his agents.

Book 41, Number 4790:

Al-Miqdam ibn Shurayh, quoting his father, said: I asked Aisha about living in the desert. She said: The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) used to go to the desert to these rivulets. Once he intended to go to the desert and he sent to me a she-camel from the camel of sadaqah which had not been used for riding so far. He said to me: Aisha! show gentleness, for if gentleness is found in anything, it beautifies it and when it is taken out from anything it damages it.

Book 41, Number 4791:

Narrated Jarir:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: He who is deprived of gentleness is deprived of good.

Book 41, Number 4792:

Narrated Sa'd:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: There is hesitation in everything except in the actions of the next world.

Book 41, Number 4793:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: He who does not thank Allah does not thank people.

Book 41, Number 4794:

Narrated Anas ibn Malik:

The Immigrants (Muhajirun) said: Apostle of Allah! the Helpers (Ansar) got the entire reward. He said: no, so long as you pray to Allah for them and praise them.

Book 41, Number 4795:

Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: If someone is given something, he should give a return for it provided he can afford; if he cannot afford, he should praise him. He who praises him for it, thanks him, and he who conceals it is ungrateful to him.

Book 41, Number 4796:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: If someone is donated something, and he mentions it, he thanks for it, and if he conceals it, he is ungrateful for it.

Book 41, Number 4799:

Narrated Umar ibn al-Khattab:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: the same occasion: Help the oppressed (sorrowful) and guide those who have lost their way.

Book 41, Number 4800:

Narrated Anas ibn Malik:

A woman came to the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) and said: Apostle of Allah: I have some need with you. He said to her: Mother of so and so, sit in the corner of any street you wish and I shall sit with you. So she sat and the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) also sat with her till she fulfilled her need.

Book 41, Number 4802:

Narrated AbuSa'id al-Khudri:

I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) as saying: The best places to sit are those which provide most room.

Book 41, Number 4803:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

AbulQasim (peace_be_upon_him) said: When one of you is in the sun (Shams)--Makhlad's version has "fay'"--and the shadow withdraws from him so that he is partly in sun and partly in shade, he should get up.

Book 41, Number 4804:

Narrated AbuHazim al-Bajali:

AbuHazim came when the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) was addressing. He stood in the sun. He ordered him (to shift) and he shifted to the shade.

Book 41, Number 4807:

Narrated Jabir ibn Samurah:

When we came to the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him), each one would sit down where there was room.

Book 41, Number 4808:

Narrated Hudhayfah:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) cursed the one who sat in the middle of a circle.

Book 41, Number 4809:

Narrated AbuBakrah:

Sa'id ibn AbulHasan said: When AbuBakrah came to us to give some evidence, a man got up from his place, but he refused to sit in it saying: The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) forbade this, and the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) forbade anyone to wipe his hand on the garment of anyone whose clothing he had not himself provided.

Book 41, Number 4810:

Narrated Abdullah ibn Umar:

A man came to the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him), another man got up from his place for him, and when he went to sit in it, the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) forbade him.

Book 41, Number 4811:

Narrated Anas ibn Malik:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: A believer who recites the Qur'an is like a citron whose fragrance is sweet and whose taste is sweet, a believer who does not recite the Qur'an is like a date which has no fragrance but has sweet taste, a profligate who recites the Qur'an is like basil whose fragrance is sweet but whose taste is bitter, and the profligate who does not recite the Qur'an is like the colocynth which has a bitter taste and has not fragrance. A good companion is like a man who has musk; if nothing of it goes to you, its fragrance will (certainly) go to you; and a bad companion is like a man who has bellows; if its (black) root does not go to you, its smoke will (certainly) go to you.

Book 41, Number 4814:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Associate only with a believer, and let only a God-fearing man eat your meals.

Book 41, Number 4815:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: A man follows the religion of his friend; so each one should consider whom he makes his friend.

Book 41, Number 4818:

Narrated As-Sa'ib:

I came to the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him). The people began to praise me and make a mention of me. The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: I know you, that is, he knew him. I said: My father and mother be sacrificed for you! you were my partner and how good a partner ; you neither disputed nor quarrelled.

Book 41, Number 4819:

Narrated Abdullah ibn Salam:

When the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) sat talking (to the people), he would often raise his eyes to the sky.

Book 41, Number 4820:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) spoke in a distinct and leisurely manner.

Book 41, Number 4821:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) spoke in a distinct manner so that anyone who listened to him could understand it.

Book 41, Number 4822:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Every important matter which is not begun by an expression of praise to Allah is maimed.

Book 41, Number 4823:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Every sermon which does not contain a tashahhud is like a hand cut off.

Book 41, Number 4824:

Maymun ibn AbuShabib said: A beggar passed by Aisha and gave him a piece of bread. Another man who wore clothes and had good appearance passed by her, and she made her seated and he ate (with her). When she was asked about that, she replied: The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: treat the people according to their ranks.

Book 41, Number 4825:

Narrated AbuMusa al-Ash'ari:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Glorifying Allah involves showing honour to a grey-haired Muslim and to one who can expound the Qur'an, but not to one who acts extravagantly regarding it, or turns away from it, and showing honour to a just ruler.

Book 41, Number 4826:

Narrated Abdullah ibn Amr ibn al-'As:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: One should not sit between two men except with their permission.

Book 41, Number 4827:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: It is not lawful for a man to separate two persons except with their permission.

Book 41, Number 4828:

When the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) sat, he had his knees drawn up supported by his hands.

Book 41, Number 4829:

Narrated Qaylah daughter of Makhramah:

She saw the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) sitting with his arms round his legs. She said: When I saw the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) in such humble condition in the sitting position (according to Musa's version), I trembled with fear.

Book 41, Number 4830:

Narrated Ash-Sharid ibn Suwayd:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) came upon me when I was sitting thus: having my left hand behind my back and leaning on the fleshy part of it, and said: Are you sitting in the manner of those with whom Allah is angry?

Book 41, Number 4836:

Narrated AbudDarda':

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) would sit and we would also sit around him. If he got up intending to return, he would take off his sandals or something he was wearing, and his Companions recognising his purpose (that he would return) would stay where they were.

Book 41, Number 4837:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: People who get up from an assembly in which they did not remember Allah will be just as if they had got up from an ass's corpse, and it will be a cause of grief to them.

Book 41, Number 4838:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: If anyone sits at a place where he does not remember Allah, deprivation will descend on him from Allah; and if he lies at a place where he does not remember Allah, deprivation will descend on him from Allah.

Book 41, Number 4839:

There are some expressions which a man utters three times when he gets up from an assembly he will be forgiven for what happened in the assembly; and no one utters them in an assembly held for a noble cause or for remembrance of Allah but that is stamped with them just as a document is stamped with a signet-ring. These expressions are: Glory be to Thee, O Allah, and I begin with praise of Thee, there is no god but thou; I ask Thy pardon, and return to Thee in repentance.

Book 41, Number 4841:

Narrated AbuBarzah al-Aslami:

When the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) intended to get up from the assembly he used to say in the last. Glory be to Thee. O Allah, and I begin with praise of Thee, I testify that there is no god but Thou; I ask Thy pardon, and return to Thee in repentance. The man asked: Apostle of Allah! you utter the words now which you did not do in the past? He replied: (This is an) atonement for what takes place in the assembly.

Book 41, Number 4842:

Narrated Abdullah ibn Mas'ud:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: None of my Companions must tell me anything about anyone, for I like to come out to you with no ill-feelings.

Book 41, Number 4843:

Narrated Amr ibn al-Faghwa' al-Khuza'i:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) called me. He intended to send me with some goods to AbuSufyan to distribute among the Quraysh at Mecca after the conquest.

He said: Search for a companion. Then Amr ibn Umayyah ad-Damri came to me and said: I have been told that you are intending to make a journey and are seeking a companion.

I said: Yes. He said: I am your companion. I then went to the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) and said: I have found a companion.

He asked: Who is he? I replied: Amr ibn Umayyah ad-Damri. He said: When you come down to the territory of his people, be careful of him, for a maxim says: If one is your real brother, do not feel safe with him.

So we proceeded, and when I reached al-Abwa', he said to me: I have some work with my people at Waddan, so stay here till I come back. I said: Do not lose your way. When he turned his back, I recalled the words of the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him). So I rode my camel and galloped without stopping. When I reached al-Asafir, he was pursuing me with a group of men. So I galloped and forged ahead of him. When he saw me that I had outstripped him, they returned and he came to me.

He said to me: I had some work with my people. I said: Yes. We then went on until we reached Mecca, and I gave the goods to AbuSufyan.

Book 41, Number 4850:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: When a man tells something and then departs, it is a trust.

Book 41, Number 4851:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Meetings are confidential except three: those for the purpose of shedding blood unlawfully, or committing fornication, or acquiring property unjustly.

Book 41, Number 4855:

Narrated Ammar:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: He who is two-faced in this world will have two tongues of fire on the Day of Resurrection.

Book 41, Number 4857:

I said to the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him): It is enough for you in Safiyyah that she is such and such (the other version than Musaddad's has:) meaning that she was short-statured. He replied; You have said a word which would change the sea if it were mixed in it. She said: I imitated a man before him (out of disgrace). He said: I do not like that I imitate anyone even if I should get such and such.

Book 41, Number 4858:

Narrated Sa'id ibn Zayd:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: The most prevalent kind of usury is going to lengths in talking unjustly against a Muslim's honour.

Book 41, Number 4859:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: The gravest sin is going to lengths in talking unjustly against a Muslim's honour, and it is a major sin to abuse twice for abusing once.

Book 41, Number 4860:

Narrated Anas ibn Malik:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: When I was taken up to heaven I passed by people who had nails of copper and were scratching their faces and their breasts. I said: Who are these people, Gabriel? He replied: They are those who were given to back biting and who aspersed people's honour.

Book 41, Number 4862:

Narrated AbuBarzah al-Aslami:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: O community of people, who believed by their tongue, and belief did not enter their hearts, do not back-bite Muslims, and do not search for their faults, for if anyone searches for their faults, Allah will search for his fault, and if Allah searches for the fault of anyone, He disgraces him in his house.

Book 41, Number 4863:

Narrated Al-Mustawrid:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: If anyone eats once at the cost of a Muslim's honour, Allah will give him a like amount of Jahannam to eat; if anyone clothes himself with a garment at the cost of a Muslim's honour, Allah will clothe him with like amount of Jahannam; and if anyone puts himself in a position of reputation and show Allah will disgrace him with a place of reputation and show on the Day of Resurrection.

Book 41, Number 4865:

Narrated Mu'adh ibn Anas:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: If anyone guards a believer from a hypocrite, Allah will send an angel who will guard his flesh on the Day of Resurrection from the fire of Jahannam; but if anyone attacks a Muslim saying something by which he wishes to disgrace him, he will be restrained by Allah on the bridge over Jahannam till he is acquitted of what he said.

Book 41, Number 4866:

Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah ; AbuTalhah ibn Sahl al-Ansari:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: No (Muslim) man will desert a man who is a Muslim in a place where his respect may be violated and his honour aspersed without Allah deserting him in a place here he wishes his help; and no (Muslim) man who will help a Muslim in a place where his honour may be aspersed and his respect violated without Allah helping him in a place where he wishes his help.

Book 41, Number 4867:

Narrated Jundub:

A desert Arab came and making his camel kneel and tethering it, entered the mosque and prayed behind the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him). When The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) had given the salutation, he went to his riding beast and, after untethering and riding it, he called out: O Allah, show mercy to me and to Muhammad and associate no one else in Thy mercy to us. The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) then said: Do you think that he or his camel is farther astray? Did you not listen to what he said? They replied: Certainly.

Book 41, Number 4868:

Narrated Qatadah:

Is one of you helpless to be like AbuDaygham or Damdam (Ibn Ubayd is doubtful) who would say when morning came: O Allah, I gave my honour as alms to Thy servants?

Book 41, Number 4870:

Narrated Mu'awiyah:

I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say: If you search for the faults of the people, you will corrupt them, or will nearly corrupt them. AbudDarda' said: These are the words which Mu'awiyah himself from the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him), and Allah benefited him by them.

Book 41, Number 4871:

Narrated Miqdam ibn Ma'dikarib ; AbuUmamah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: When a ruler seeks to make imputations against the people, he corrupts them.

Book 41, Number 4872:

Zayd ibn Wahb said: A man was brought to Ibn Mas'ud. He was told: This is so and so, and wine was dropping from his beard. Abdullah thereupon said: We have been prohibited to seek out (faults). If anything becomes manifest to us, we shall seize it.

Book 41, Number 4873:

Narrated Uqbah ibn Amir:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: He who sees something which should be kept hidden and conceals it will be like one who has brought to life a girl buried alive.

Book 41, Number 4874:

Narrated Uqbah ibn Amir:

AbulHaytham quoted Dukhayn, the scribe of Uqbah ibn Amir, saying: We had some neighbours who used to drink wine. I for them, but they did not stop.

I then said to Uqbah ibn Amir: These neighbours of ours drink wine, and I tried to prevent them but they did not stop, and I am going to call the police about them.

He said: Leave them.

I again came to Uqbah ibn Amir and said: Our neighbours have refused to refrain from drinking wine, and I am going to call the police for them.

He said: Woe to thee! Leave them alone. I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say: he then mentioned the tradition to the same effect as recorded above on the authority of the narrator Muslim.

Book 41, Number 4877:

Narrated Iyad ibn Himar (al-Mujashi'i):

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Allah has revealed to me that you must be humble, so that no one oppresses another and boasts over another.

Book 41, Number 4878:

Narrated Sa'id ibn al-Musayyab:

While the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) was sitting with some of his companions, a man reviled AbuBakr and insulted him. But AbuBakr remained silent. He insulted him twice, but AbuBakr controlled himself. He insulted him thrice and AbuBakr took revenge on him. Then the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) got up when AbuBakr took revenge.

AbuBakr said: Were you angry with me, Apostle of Allah?

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) replied: An angel came down from Heaven and he was rejecting what he had said to you. When you took revenge, a devil came down. I was not going to sit when the devil came down.

Book 41, Number 4880:

Ibn Awn said: I asked about the meaning of intisar (revenge) in the Qur'anic verse: "But indeed if any do help and defend themselves (intasara) after a wrong (done) to them, against them there is no cause of blame." Then Ali ibn Zayd ibn Jad'an told me on the authority of Umm Muhammad, the wife of his father.

Ibn Awn said: It was believed that she used to go to the Mother of the Faithful (i.e. Aisha). She said: The Mother of the Faithful said: The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) came upon me while Zaynab, daughter of Jahsh, was with us. He began to do something with his hand. I signalled to him until I made him understand about her. So he stopped. Zaynab came on and began to abuse Aisha. She tried to prevent her but she did not stop.

So he (the Prophet) said to Aisha: Abuse her.

So she abused her and dominated her. Zaynab then went to Ali and said: Aisha abused you and did (such and such). Then Fatimah came (to the Prophet) and he said to her: She is the favourite of your father, by the Lord of the Ka'bah!

She then returned and said to them: I said to him such and such, and he said to me such and such. Then Ali came to the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and spoke to him about that.

Book 41, Number 4882:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Make a mention of the virtues of your dead, and refrain from (mentioning) their evils.

Book 41, Number 4883:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say: There were two men among Banu Isra'il, who were striving for the same goal. One of them would commit sin and the other would strive to do his best in the world. The man who exerted himself in worship continued to see the other in sin.

He would say: Refrain from it. One day he found him in sin and said to him: Refrain from it.

He said: Leave me alone with my Lord. Have you been sent as a watchman over me? He said: I swear by Allah, Allah will not forgive you, nor will he admit you to Paradise. Then their souls were taken back (by Allah), and they met together with the Lord of the worlds.

He (Allah) said to this man who had striven hard in worship; Had you knowledge about Me or had you power over that which I had in My hand? He said to the man who sinned: Go and enter Paradise by My mercy. He said about the other: Take him to Hell.

AbuHurayrah said: By Him in Whose hand my soul is, he spoke a word by which this world and the next world of his were destroyed.

Book 41, Number 4884:

Narrated AbuBakrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: There is no sin more fitted to have punishment meted out by Allah to its perpetrator in advance in this world along with what He stores up for him in the next world than oppression and severing ties of relationship.

Book 41, Number 4885:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Avoid envy, for envy devours good deeds just as fire devours fuel or (he said) "grass."

Book 41, Number 4886:

Narrated Anas ibn Malik:

Sahl ibn AbuUmamah said that he and his father (AbuUmamah) visited Anas ibn Malik at Medina during the time (rule) of Umar ibn AbdulAziz when he (Anas ibn Malik) was the governor of Medina. He was praying a very short prayer as if it were the prayer of a traveller or near it.

When he gave a greeting, my father said: May Allah have mercy on you! Tell me about this prayer: Is it obligatory or supererogatory?

He said: It is obligatory; it is the prayer performed by the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him). I did not make a mistake except in one thing that I forgot.

He said: The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) used to say: Do not impose austerities on yourselves so that austerities will be imposed on you, for people have imposed austerities on themselves and Allah imposed austerities on them. Their survivors are to be found in cells and monasteries. (Then he quoted:) "Monasticism, they invented it; we did not prescribe it for them."

Next day he went out in the morning and said: will you not go out for a ride, so that you may see something and take a lesson from it?

He said: Yes. Then all of them rode away and reached a land whose inhabitants had perished, passed away and died. The roofs of the town had fallen in.

He asked: Do you know this land? I said: Who acquainted me with it and its inhabitants? (Anas said:) This is the land of the people whom oppression and envy destroyed. Envy extinguishes the light of good deeds, and oppression confirms or falsifies it. The eye commits fornication, and the palm of the hand, the foot, body, tongue and private part of the body confirm it or deny it.

Book 41, Number 4888:

Narrated Samurah ibn Jundub:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Do not invoke Allah's curse, Allah's anger, or Hell.

Book 41, Number 4890:

Narrated Abdullah ibn Abbas:

A man cursed the wind. The narrator Muslim's version has: The wind snatched away a man's cloak during the time of the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and he cursed it. The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Do not curse it, for it is under command, and if anyone curses a thing undeservedly, the curse returns upon him.

Book 41, Number 4891:

Something of her was stolen, and she began to curse him (i.e. the thief). The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said to her: Do not lessen his sin.

Book 41, Number 4894:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: It is not allowable for a believer to keep from a believer for more than three days. If three days pass, he should meet him and give him a salutation, and if he replies to it they will both have shared in the reward; but if he does not reply he will bear his sin (according to Ahmad's version) and the one who gives the salutation will have come forth from the sin of keeping apart.

Book 41, Number 4895:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: It is not right for a Muslim to keep apart from another Muslim for more than three days. Then when he meets him and gives three salutations, receiving during that time no response, the other bears his sin.

Book 41, Number 4896:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: It is not allowable for a Muslim to keep apart from his brother for more than three days, for one who does so and dies will enter Hell.

Book 41, Number 4897:

Narrated AbuKhirash as-Sulami:

AbuKhirash heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say: If one keeps apart from his brother for a year, it is like shedding his blood.

Book 41, Number 4900:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: The believer is the believer's mirror, and the believer is the believer's brother who guards him against loss and protects him when he is absent.

Book 41, Number 4901:

Narrated AbudDarda':

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Shall I not inform you of something more excellent in degree than fasting, prayer and almsgiving (sadaqah)? The people replied: Yes, Prophet of Allah! He said: It is putting things right between people, spoiling them is the shaver (destructive).

Book 41, Number 4902:

Narrated Umm Kulthum bint Uqbah al-Umawiyyah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: He who forged in order to put things right between two persons did not lie. The version by Ahmad ibn Muhammad and Musaddad has: The liar is not the one who puts things right between people, saying what is good and increasing good.

Book 41, Number 4905:

Narrated Anas ibn Malik:

When the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) came to Medina, the Abyssinians played for his coming out of joy; they played with spears.

Book 41, Number 4906:

Nafi' said: Ibn Umar heard a pipe, put his fingers in his ears and went away from the road. He said to me: Are you hearing anything? I said: No. He said: He then took his fingers out of his ears and said: I was with the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him), and he heard like this and he did like this. AbuAli al-Lu'lu said: I heard AbuDawud say: This is a rejected tradition.

Book 41, Number 4909:

Salam ibn Miskin, quoting an old man who witnessed AbuWa'il in a wedding feast, said: They began to play, amuse and sing. He united the support of his hand round his knees that were drawn up, and said: I heard Abdullah (ibn Mas'ud) say: I heard the apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say: Singing produces hypocrisy in the heart.

Book 41, Number 4910:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

A hermaphrodite (mukhannath) who had dyed his hands and feet with henna was brought to the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him). He asked: What is the matter with this man? He was told: Apostle of Allah! he affects women's get-up. So he ordered regarding him and he was banished to an-Naqi'. The people said: Apostle of Allah! should we not kill him? He said: I have been prohibited from killing people who pray. AbuUsamah said: Naqi' is a region near Medina and not a Baqi'.

Book 41, Number 4914:

When the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) arrived after the expedition to Tabuk or Khaybar (the narrator is doubtful), the draught raised an end of a curtain which was hung in front of her store-room, revealing some dolls which belonged to her.

He asked: What is this? She replied: My dolls. Among them he saw a horse with wings made of rags, and asked: What is this I see among them? She replied: A horse. He asked: What is this that it has on it? She replied: Two wings. He asked: A horse with two wings? She replied: Have you not heard that Solomon had horses with wings? She said: Thereupon the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) laughed so heartily that I could see his molar teeth.

Back to top Go down
https://islam4u.ahlamontada.com

General Behavior (Kitab Al-Adab) -1-
Page 1 of 1