islam4u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
islam4u

islamic, social, cultural

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

That Statement of Jesus

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

That Statement of Jesus Empty
PostSubject: That Statement of Jesus   That Statement of Jesus EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 7:18 am

COMPARATIVE RELIGION
That Statement of Jesus

By S. Abdullah Tariq.

The Holy Qur’an reminds: “And remember that statement of Jesus’, son of Mary when he said: Q Children of Israel! I am the messenger of Allah (sent) to you, confirming the Torah (which came) before me, and giving glad tidings of a messenger to come after me whose name shall be ‘Ahmed’.. “ (61:6)

According to the above verse of Qur’an, Jesus Christ had conveyed three points in the above message to the Children of Israel:
1) That he (the Christ) himself was a messenger of God sent to them.
2) That he did not repeal but confirmed what was revealed earlier in the Law (The Torah).
3) That another messenger of God whose name shall be Ahmed, will come in future.

All the three statements of Jesus, reported by Qur’an may be verified from Bible. The following are a few relevant verses confirming the Qur’anic Ayah.
Jesus was a Messenger of God

Jesus said unto them, A Prophet to rise, without honour in no his own country and among his own kin and in his own house.” (MK.6:4) “ and He that despiseth me, despiseth Him that sent me? (LK 10:16).

“I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear I judge .. “ (Jn 5:30). “For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of Him of Him that sent me.” (Jn, 6:38) “Verily, verily I say unto you, the servant is not greater than Lord, neither he that is sent greater than He that sent him.” (Ju. 13:16).
Jesus Confirmed the Torah.

“ Think not that I come to destroy the Law (Torah) or the Prophets : I am not come to destroy but to fulfil.” (Mt. 5:17) “Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments (of Torah), and shall teach men so, he shall be called the great in the Kingdom of Heaven.” (Mt.5:19) “...the scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. All therefore what soever they bid you observe, that observe and do. But do not ye after their works: for they say and do not. (Mt.23:2,3)
Jesus foretold of ‘Ahmed’, Prophet in future

“But the comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in may name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance whatsoever I have said unto you (Jn.14:26).

“And now I have told you before it come to pass, that when it come to pass, ye might believe. Hereafter, I will not talk much with you; for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.” (Jn.14:29,30).

“But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the father, even the spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me.” (Jn. 15:26).

“Nevertheless I tell you the truth: It is expedient for you that I go away; for if I not go away the comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart I will send him unto you.” (Jn. 16:7).

“I have not yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Now, be it when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth; for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak; and he will show you things to come.” (Jn.16:12,13).

That the ‘Comforter’ or The Prince of the World’ or ‘The Holy Ghost’ in the above verses is ‘Ahmed’ (described in Qur’an) shall be discussed in next monthly columns.
Back to top Go down
https://islam4u.ahlamontada.com

That Statement of Jesus
Page 1 of 1