islam4u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
islam4u

islamic, social, cultural

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A Leaf from Prophet's (Pbuh) Life : The Conversion of Umar

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

A Leaf from Prophet's (Pbuh) Life : The Conversion of Umar Empty
PostSubject: A Leaf from Prophet's (Pbuh) Life : The Conversion of Umar   A Leaf from Prophet's (Pbuh) Life : The Conversion of Umar EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 2:59 pm

The troubles continued as the Holy Prophet (Pbuh) and his small group of Muslims secretly practised their religion. They would secretly recite the verses which Allah had revealed to the Prophet (Pbuh). The Prophet (Pbuh) had also taught them to perform the ablution and prayer as the Archangel Gabriel had taught him.

Opposition from the Quraish was so strong that they never dared to come out openly with the profession of faith and had to be content with practising in secret.

It was at this time that an incident occurred which changed the course of Islamic history.

Umar was one of the most powerful of the leaders of the Quraish. He wielded great power among his people. A fierce man, he often struck terror in the hearts of men. Umar’s opposition to Islam was well known. He had long contemplated on putting an end to the Prophet’s (Pbuh) mission. One day he decided to confront the Prophet (Pbuh) himself.

On his way to the Prophet’s (Pbuh) house he met a man, who, upon finding out about Umar’s intentions said. “Why do not you look at your home closely? Your own sister is a Muslim!” That really jolted Umar and he stormed into his sister’s house to find her and her husband reciting verses from Surah Ta Ha. After an altercation Umar wanted to hear the verses. The verses were recited to him and immediately, almost miraculously his heart changed and he realised that these were the most beautiful words he had ever heard in his life.

When Umar (May Allah be pleased with him) finally came to meet the Prophet (Pbuh), he came as one who had accepted Islam. “I have come to swear there is no god but Allah, and that you, Muhammad, are the Messenger of Allah,” he said. The Holy Prophet (Pbuh) welcomed him into the fold.

There is a lesson in that story for all of us. Umar’s antagonism was well known but the Prophet e forgave him. Umar was later to become one of his closest companions. Indeed, a lesser mortal could so easily have harboured ill feeling and this would be perfectly natural but the Prophet (Pbuh) was blessed with patience and was expressly following the commands of Allah. Although the Prophet (Pbuh) had full authority to preach Islam, he did not go about preaching in a high handed manner. On the contrary his method was tempered by patience and kindness and great regard for human nature. This was possible through the mercy of Allah. As the Qur’an says, “It is because of the mercy of God that you have been so lenient with them. If you had been harsh and cruel hearted, they would have dispersed from around you. Pardon them, seek forgiveness for them, and consult them on the matter.” (Qur’an 3:159)
Companions of the Prophet (Pbuh): Hazrath Khalid bin Walid

The conversion of two members of the Quraish, perhaps, made the greatest difference to the fortunes of the early Muslim community. Umar (RA) and Khalid bin Walid were powerful men who commanded great influence among their people. Their acceptance of Islam was a great moral victory. To the Quraish, on the other hand, it proved to be a death blow in their campaign against Islam.

Khalid (RA) was a born soldier. He was born in a rich family of the Bani Mukhzum and consequently had no need to work for a living. He concentrated on improving his natural ability in the martial arts.

When the Muslim army met the Pagans in the battle of Uhud, the Muslim realised that Khalid, with his great skill in military affairs had turned certain defeat for the pagans into a near victory. In this case a frank attack on the Muslim army had taken them by surprise and changed the fortunes of battle. I Khalid, although still bitterly opposed to Islam, was noted for many excellent qualities. He was an extraordinarily resolute and temperate man. This prompted the Holy Prophet (Pbuh) to mention that Khalid bin Walid could not be totally unmoved by the message of Islam. Indeed, when this was conveyed to Khalid, it changed his heart and suddenly he began to see the light of truth.

One day he came to the Holy Prophet (Pbuh) and gave his allegiance to Islam by reciting the shahada. He humbly requested the Holy Prophet e to ask Allah to forgive him for his early antagonism towards Islam.

From that day onwards Khalid bin Walid became the foremost champion of Islam. He fought many decisive battles, humbling his opponents and bringing victory to the religion of God. The Holy Prophet (Pbuh) once said, “Khalid is one of the swords of Allah which he has used against the unbelievers. Thus it was that Khalid bin Walid came to be known as ‘Saifullah’ or the “Sword of Allah,” - a proud title wholly befitting one of the greatest heroes of Islam.
Good and Bad Deeds
A. Ibrahim Amini

When you repeat an action over and over again, it makes an impression on your mind, heart and soul. Little by little you get used to it and it becomes a habit, and you can do it better and more easily. When you write, for example, the way you write makes an impression on you. If you write carefully and take the trouble to write neatly, that carefulness makes its mark on you and your handwriting becomes tidy and beautiful. But if you are careless when you write, that carelessness will have its effect on you and your handwriting will always be untidy and ugly.

In the same way, all things we do have an effect on our hearts and souls. Good and beautiful deeds have a good effect and bad and cruel deeds have a bad effect on our personality.

When we perform good deeds, those deeds have an effect on our hearts and souls, and make us pure and righteous. By performing good and virtuous deeds we become conscious of Allah. Because we are always aware of his magnificent presence of Allah, we take great pleasure in doing more and more righteous deeds.

Right beliefs and correct attitudes and behaviour bestow perfection upon our hearts, and make us cheerful and happy. Bad beliefs, attitudes and behaviour also leave their mark on one’s personality, and make the soul impure. When once the soul remains impure, it does not pay heeds to Allah, His presence and naturally it falls a prey to badness and evil deeds. Naturally the heart is engulfed in the darkness. False beliefs and badness and unworthy activities and behaviour cause the impurity of the human soul, and throws a person away from the path of perfection.

All our deeds, whether good or bad, are recorded and they remain forever. We ourselves may not be aware of our deeds, but they never disappear and a record of all of them is kept and preserved by Allah. In the hereafter the veils of ignorance are removed, and we perceive all our own deeds.

Allah tells us in the Qur’an : “When a person comes to the reckoning and sees the record of all his deeds, he says with surprise. “What kind of record is this? Have all my deeds been recorded and guarded? How is it that none of my deeds has been missed?”

Then Allah will say “These deeds were yours in the world, but you paid no attention to them. Now your soul has sight, you perceive them.”

The Qur’an also says: “Whoever does good will see it on the day of resurrection, and whoever does bad and evil will also see it on that day.”

Now that we know that our deeds, be they good or bad, are not lost but are recorded in a permanent register to receive the recompense of all our deeds. Should we not be careful about our behaviour and attitudes? Does our wisdom not tell us to obey Allah and to put in practice his commandments? Does our conscience not tell us to follow the laws of Allah, and the guidance of his learned and pious prophets (Pbuh)?
Zikr

1) Zikr keeps away the Satan and weakens his strength.

2) It is the cause of Almighty Allah’s pleasure.

3) It relieves the mind of anxieties and worries.

4) It produces joy and happiness in the heart.

5) it strengthens the body and mind.

6) It brightens the face and heart.

7) It attracts one’s subsistence.

Cool It induces love for Allah, which in fact is the spirit of Islam and the pivot of “Deen”, and the source of success and salvation in the Hereafter. He who seeks access to the love of Almighty Allah should do Zikr profusely. Just as reading and repetition is the door of knowledge, so Zikr of Allah is the gateway to His love.

9) .Zikr of Allah causes one’s mention in the Court of Allah, as said in the Holy Book.

(Remember Me, and I will remember you), and as stated in the Hadith (whosoever remembers Me in his heart, I remember him in My heart). It has already been explained under other verses and Ahadith that, even if there were no other good points in Zikr, except that mentioned above, this alone would have established its superiority over others. Nevertheless, there are many more virtues and benefits of Zikr.

10) It helps realization of Allah so that by and by a stage is reached when he comes to regard Almighty Allah as his sole Cherisher, Guardian and Master, and he turns unto Him, in all afflictions.

11) It is the key to nearness to Almighty Allah; the greater the Zikr, the greater the nearness to Allah, and greater the indifference to Zikr, the greater the distance from him.

12) It gives life to the heart. Hafiz Ibn Tamimia says that Zikr is as necessary for the heart as water for the fish. Imagine the condition of a fish out of water.
Ettiquettes of Speech
Al-Jamiat.

* Do not mumble when speaking. Speak with clarity.

* Do not be two-tongued, expressing views in the presence of one person calculated to please him, but when in the company of one holding another view, then speaking to please him.

* Do not become embroiled with anyone in obstinate debate and argument.

* When you realise that the person is not prepared to accept the truth, maintain silence. Do not become intransigent and bigoted. Bigotry is exceptionally evil.

* Do not praise those who are not upholders of the Deen. (Abstention from praising them should not be construed to mean permissibility to hold them in contempt. It is not permissible to despise them nor to adopt a holier than thou attitude)

* It is Haraam to speak ill (gheebat) of even children, insane persons and non-Muslims.

* To deliberately listen to gheebat being spoken is as if one has made gheebat.

* While two persons are speaking, a third one should not interrupt nor should he present his views unless asked to do so.

* When someone is about to relate an incident to you, then even if you are aware of it do not silence him by saying that you know about it. With the intention of pleasing him listen to his talk.

* When someone speaks ill of your seniors, do not inform them thereof. Informing them will cause grief to them.
Do You Know : What is Istikaarah?

Istikhaarah is to seek guidance from Allah when one is faced with a problem to which no solution is apparent.

Whenever a person is faced with a difficult problem, or becomes hesitant in making a decision and his knowledge of the matter is insufficient to guide him then after seeking advice from trusted friends he should turn to Allah and beseech His grace. He should willingly and with an open heart and mind supplicate for divine guidance and ask for direction so that the problem is solved to his own best interests. The Du’aa at such an occasion is called Istikhaarah.

Istikhaarah is in fact an invaluable teaching of Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) with which the Muslims have been favoured. This blessing could give solace to many for all times to come. It is related in the Hadith that Rasulullah e used to teach the Istikhaarah to the Sahaaba (RA t) like the Qur’an is taught to children. In another Hadith it is stated that ‘He does not fail who makes Istikhaarah and he does not regret who makes Mashwarah (consultation).

In the Masnoon Istikhaarah, after one has carried out his responsibility as best as he can, one should hand over the entire matter and oneself to the limitless knowledge of Allah Ta’ala. By resorting to Istikhaarah one is now relieved of making a decision on ones own.

Whenever counsel is sought from a respectable and experienced person, it is expected that he will give good advice and assist to the best of his ability. Similarly Istikhaarah is to seek counsel from the All-Knowing and Merciful Allah? Once Istikhaarah is made then Allah Ta’ala will surely guide him to do what is best for him. Now there can be no perplexity. Only that will happen which Allah Ta’ala wills and which is good for ones own sake though one may not be able to see it immediately. It is not necessary that one must experience or see an evident change or vision. Allah Ta’ala alone knows what is best for His servants. It is related in the Hadith that ‘Success and good tidings for the son of Aadam (Insaan) is in performing Istikhaarah and his misfortune lies in not making Istikhaarah’.
Method Of Istikhaarah

When making Istikhaarah begin with performing two Rakaats Nafl Salaat. Then with all sincerity recite the following Du’a.

Allah!! Behold I ask You the good through Your Knowledge, and ability through Your Power, and beg (Your favour) out of Your infinite Bounty. For surely You have Power; I have none. You know all; I know not. You are the Great Knower of all things. O Allah! If in Your Knowledge this matter be good for my faith (Deen), for my livelihood, and for the consequences of my affairs, then ordain it for me, and make it easy for me, and bless me therein.

But if in Your Knowledge, this matter be bad for my faith (Deen) for my livelihood, and for the consequences of my affairs, then turn it away from me, and turn me away there from, and ordain for me the good wherever it be, and cause me to be pleased therewith.

While reciting this Du’aa when one reaches HAADHAL AMR (THIS MATTER) at both places he should think of his problem.

May Allah guide and assist us all, Aameen.
The Qur'an
Fatima Abbasi

A Book that is full of answers,
A Book that makes you cry.
A Book that drives away fears
Shows how much harder you can try.

A Book that makes you realize,
What true love really is...
A Book that gives you directions.
For all of life’s afflictions

A Book that gives you hope,
that Someone is watching over you.
A Book that helps you out,
In trials of every hue.

A Book that was revealed to our beloved Prophet(SAWS),
Over a period of 23 years
Once you put faith into this Book,
You can handle all worldly fears.

A gift sent down from Heaven,
A treasure from above,
Written proof that shows everyone
How blessed we are with Allah(SWT’s) love!

History
700 : Campaigns against the Berbers in North Africa.
702 : Ashath’s rebellion in Iraq, battle of Deir ul Jamira.
705 : Death of Abdul Malik. Accession of Walid I as Caliph.
711 : Conquest of Spain, Sind and Transoxiana.
712 : The Muslims advance in Spain, Sind and Transoxiana.
713 : Conquest of Multan.
715 : Death of Walid I. Accession of Sulaiman.
716 : Invasion of Constantinople.
717 : Death of Sulaiman. Accession of Umar b Abdul Aziz.
720 : Death of Umar b Abdul Aziz. Accession of Yazid II.
724 : Death of Yazid II. Accession of Hisham.
725 : The Muslims occupy Nimes in France.
732 : The battle of Tours in France.
737 : The Muslims meet reverse at Avignon in France.
740 : Shia revolt under Zaid b Ali. Berber revolt in North Africa. Battle of the Nobles.
741 : Battle of Bagdoura in North Africa.
742 : The Muslim rule restored in Qiarowan.
743 : Death of Hisham. Accession of Walid II. Shia revolt in Khurasan under Yahya b Zaid.
744 : Deposition of Walid I1. Accession of Yazid II1 and his death. Accession of Ibrahim and his overthrow. Battle of Ain al Jurr. Accession of Marwan II.

Affection

“He who is not affectionate to God’s creatures and to his own children, God will not be affectionate to him.”

“A man who thinks he is on top of the world should be reminded that it turns around every 24 hours.”

“God gives and Man gets.” God forgives and Man forgets.

“Everyone is thinking of building the future for the youth, but no one is thinking about building the youth for the future.”
Back to top Go down
https://islam4u.ahlamontada.com

Page 1 of 1