islam4u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
islam4u

islamic, social, cultural

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Seeking forgiveness and repentance

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Seeking forgiveness and repentance Empty
PostSubject: Seeking forgiveness and repentance   Seeking forgiveness and repentance EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 9:44 pm

.127الاستغفار والتوبة

(241)

‘The Messenger of Allah r said: ‘By Allah, I seek forgiveness and repent to Allah, more than seventy times a day.’
) قَالَ رَسُوْلُ اللهِ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ: " وَاللهِ إِنِّي لأَسْتَغْفِرُ اللهَ وَأَتُوْبُ إِلَيْهِ فِي اليَوْمِ أَكْثَرَ مِنْ سَبْعِيْنَ مَرَّةٍ "

(242)

He r also said: ‘O People, Repent! Verily I repent to Allah, a hundred times a day.’
وَقَالَ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ: " يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ تُوْبُوا إِلَى اللهِ فَإِنِّي أَتُوْبُ فِي اليَوْمِ إِلَيْهِ مَائَةَ مَرَّةٍ ".

(243)

He r also said: ‘Whoever says:

‘I seek Allah’s forgiveness, besides whom, none has the right to be worshipped except He, The Ever Living, The Self-Subsisting and Supporter of all, and I turn to Him in repentance.’

…Allah would forgive him even if he was one who fled during the advance of an army.’
(243) 'Astaghfiru Allāha Al-Ladhī Lā 'Ilāha 'Illā Huwa Al-Ĥayyu Al-Qayyuwumu Wa 'Atūbu 'Ilayhi.

(243) أَسْتَغْفِرُ اللَّهَ الَّذِي لا إِلَهََ إِلاَّ هُوَ الحَيُّ القَيُّوُمُ وَأَتُوْبُ إِلَيْهِ.

(244)

He r said: ‘The nearest the Lord comes to His servant is in the middle of the night, so if you are able to be of those who remember Allah at that time, then be so.’

(246) وَقَالَ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ: " أَقْرَبُ مَا يَكُوْنُ الرَّبُّ مِنْ العَبْدِ فِي جَوْفِ اللَّيْلِ الآخِرِ فَإِنِ اسْتَطَعْتَ أَنْ تَكُوْنَ مِمَّنْ يَذْكُرُ اللهَ فِي تِلْكَ السَّاعَةِ فَكُنْ ".

(245)

He r also said: ‘The nearest a servant is to his Lord is when he is prostrating, so supplicate much therein.’

(247) وَقَالَ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ: " أَقْرَبُ مِا يَكُوْنُ العَبْدُ مِنْ رَبِّهِ وَهُوَ سَاجِدٌ فَأَكْثِرُوا الدُّعَاءَ ".

(246)

He r also said: ‘verily my heart becomes preoccupied, and verily I seek Allah’s forgiveness a hundred times a day.’

preoccupied: i.e. in a state of ‘forgetfulness’. The Prophet r always used to increase in his remembrance of his Lord, in attaining a nearness to Allah and having consciousness of Allah to the extent that if this intensity lessened in anyway, he would regard it as a sin and would then race to seek forgiveness from Allah.

(248) وَقَالَ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ: " إِنَّهُ لَيُغَانَ عَلَى قَلْبِي وَإِنِّي لأَسْتَغْفِرُ اللهَ فِي اليَوْمِ مَائَةَ مَرَّةٍ ".

128. Excellence of remembrance and glorification of Allah

.128فضل التسبيح والتحميد، والتهليل، والتكبير

(247)

Abu Hurayrah t reported that the Messenger of Allah r said: ‘Whoever says:

‘None has the right to be worshipped except Allah, alone, without partner. To Him belongs all sovereignty and praise and He is over all things omnipotent.’

…a hundred times during the day, has the reward of freeing ten slaves, a hundred good deeds are recorded for him and a hundred bad deeds are wiped away and he has gained refuge from the devil that day until evening and none shall come with anything better except someone who has done more.’
(247) Lā 'Ilāha 'Illā Allāhu Waĥdahu Lā Sharīka Lahu Lahu Al-Mulku Wa Lahu Al-Ĥamdu Wa Huwa `Alá Kulli Shay'in Qadīrun.
(100 times)
(247) لا إِلَهََ إِلاَّ اللَّهُ وَحْدَه ُُ لَا شَرِيْكَ لَهُ، لَهُ المُلْكُ وَلَهُ الحَمْدُ، وَهُوَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيء ٍ قَدِيْر. ٌ
(مَائَةَ مَرَّة).

(248)

‘Whoever says:

‘How perfect Allah is and I praise Him.’

…a hundred times during the day, his sins are wiped away, even if they are like the foam of the sea.’

‘Whoever says:

(248) Subĥāna Allāhi Wa Biĥamdihi.

…a hundred times during the day, his sins are wiped away, even if they are like the foam of the sea.’

(250) قال صلى الله عيه وسلم: " من قال(248) سُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَبِحَمْدِهِ.
(مَائَةَ مَرَة ٍ فِي اليَوْم)

حطت خطاياه ولو كانت مثل زبد البحر ".

(249)

Abu Hurayrah t reported that the Messenger of Allah r said: ‘Whoever says at morning and evening time:

‘How perfect Allah is and I praise Him.’ (at morning & evening time)

…one hundred times, none shall come on the Day of Resurrection with anything better except someone who has said the same or even more.’

morning: after prayer until the sunrises, evening: after AAasr prayer until the sunsets, however some scholars say: after the sunsets and onwards.
(249) Subĥāna Allāhi Wa Biĥamdihi

(249) سُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَبِحَمْدِهِ
(حِيْنَ يُصْبِحُ وَحِيْنَ يُمْسِي)

(250)

Aboo Ayyoob Al-Ansaree t related that The Prophet r said: ‘Whoever says:

‘None has the right to be worshipped except Allah, alone, without partener. To Him belongs all sovereignty and praise and He is over all things omnipotent.’

…..ten times is like one who has freed four souls from among the children of IsmaAAeel.’
‘Whoever says:(250) Lā 'Ilāha 'Illā Allāhu Waĥdahu Lā Sharīka Lahu Lahu Al-Mulku Wa Lahu Al-Ĥamdu Wa Huwa `Alá Kulli Shay'in Qadīrun.

…..ten times is like one who has freed four souls from among the children of IsmaAAeel.’
وقال صلى الله عيه وسلم: " من قال:(250) لا إِلَهَ~َ إِلاَّ اللَّهُ وَحْدَه ُُ لَا شَرِيْكَ لَهُ، لَهُ المُلْكُ وَلَهُ الحَمْدُ وَهُوَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيء ٍ قَدِيْر

عشر مرات, كان كمن أعتق أربعة أنفس من ولد إسماعيل ".

(251)

Aboo Hurayrah t reported that the Messenger of Allah r said:’(There are) Two words, (which are ) light on the tongue, heavy on the Scale and beloved to The Most Gracious:

‘ How perfect Allah is and I praise Him. How perfect Allah is, The Supreme.’

:’(There are) Two words, (which are ) light on the tongue, heavy on the Scale and beloved to The Most Gracious:
(251) Subĥāna Allāhi Wa Biĥamdihi Subĥāna Allāhi Al-`Ažīmi.

وقال صلى الله عيه وسلم: " كلمتان خفيفتان على اللسان، ثقيلتان في الميزان, حبيبتان إلى الرحمن:(251) سُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَبِحَمْدِه ِِ سُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ العَظِيْمِ.

(252)

Aboo Hurayrah t reported that the Messenger of Allah r said: ‘Saying:

‘ How perfect Allah is, and all praise is for Allah. None has the right to be worshipped except Allah, and Allah is the greatest.’

….. is more beloved to me than everything the sun has risen over.’

‘Saying:
(252) Subĥāna Al-Lhi Wa Al-Ĥamdu Llhi Lā 'Ilāha 'Illā Allāhu Wa Al-Lhu 'Akbaru.

….. is more beloved to me than everything the sun has risen over.’
(254) وقال صلى الله عيه وسلم :" لأن أقول (252) سُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ، وَالحَمْدُ للهِ، لا إِلَهَ إِلاَّ اللَّهُ وَاللَّهُ أَكْبَرُ.

، أَحَبُّ إِلَيَّ مِمَّا طَلَعَتْ عَلَيْهِ الشَّمْسُ ".

(253)

Sa’d t said: ‘We were sitting with the Messenger of Allah r, and he said: ‘Are any of you unable to gain a thousand good deeds each day?’ Somebody then asked him r : How does one achieve a thousand good deeds? He replied: ‘He should say:

‘How perfect Allah is.’

….one hundred times, for a thousand good deeds are recorded for him or a thousand bad deeds are wiped away.’
(253) Subĥāna Al-Lhi.

وقال صلى الله عيه وسلم: " أيعجز أحدكم أن يكسب كل يوم ألف حسنة " فسأله سائل من جلسائه كيف يكسب أحدنا ألف حسنة ؟ قال: " يسبح مائة تسبيحة، فيكتب له ألف حسنة أو يحط عنه ألف خطيئة ".
(253) سُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ.

(254)

Jabbir t related that the Prophet r said: ‘Whoever says:

‘ How perfect Allah is. The Supreme, and I praise Him.’

…..a palm tree is planted for him in paradise.’
(254) Subĥāna Allāhi Al-`Ažīmi Wa Biĥamdihi.

"من قال (254) سُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ العَظِيْمِ وَبِحَمْدِهِ.

غرست له نخلة في الجنة ".

(255)

‘AAabdullah Ibn Qays t related that the Prophet r said to him: ‘ O ‘AAabdullah Ibn Qays, shall I not inform you of a treasure from the treasures of paradise?’ He r then said: ‘Say:

‘There is no might nor power except with Allah.’
(255) Lā Ĥawla Wa Lā Qūwata 'Illā Bil-Lhi.

وقال صلى الله عيه وسلم: " يا عبد الله بن قيس ألا أدلك على كنز من كنوز الجنة ؟ " فقلت:بلى يا رسول الله، قال: "

(255) لَا حَوْلَ وَلَا قُوَّةَ إِلاَّ بِاللَّهِ.

(256)

‘ the most beloved words to Allah are four:

‘ How perfect Allah is, all praise is for Allah. None has the right to be worshipped except Allah and Allah is the greatest.’

….it does not matter which of them you start with.’
(256) Subĥāna Allāhi Wa Al-Ĥamdu Lillāhi Wa Lā 'Ilāha 'Illā Allāhu Wa Al-Lhu 'Akbaru.

(258) وقال صلى الله عيه وسلم: " أحب الكلام إلى الله أربع:(256) سُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ ، وَالحَمْدُ للهِ ، وَلا إِلَهَ~َ إِلاَّ اللَّهُ وَاللَّهُ أَكْبَرُ.

(257)

SaAAd Ibn Abee Waqqas t narrated that a man came to the Messenger of Allah r and said to him: ‘Teach me something which I should say?’ He said: ‘Say:

‘None has the right to be worshipped except Allah, alone without partener. Allah is most great and much praise is for Allah. How perfect Allah is, Lord of the worlds. There is no might nor power except with Allah, The Exalted in might, The Wise.’

…the man then said: ‘These are for my Lord, and what is for me?’ He r replied:

‘Say:

‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me and grant me sustenance.’
(257) Lā 'Ilāha 'Illā Allāhu Waĥdahu Lā Sharīka Lahu Allāhu 'Akbaru Kabīrāan Wa Al-Ĥamdu Lillāhi Kathīrāan Subĥāna Allāhi Rabbi Al-`Ālamīna Lā Ĥawla Wa Lā Qūwata 'Illā Billāhi Al-`Azīzi Al-Ĥakīmi.

Al-Lahumma Aghfir Lī Wa Arĥamnī Wa Ahdinī Wa Arzuqnī.

(257) لا إِلَهَ إِلاَّ اللَّهُ وَحْدَه ُُ لَا شَرِيْكَ لَهُ، اللَّهُ أَكْبَرُ كَبِيْرا ً وَالحَمْدُ للهِ كَثِيْرا، ً سُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ رَبِّ العَالَمِيْنَ، لَا حَوْلَ وَلَا قُوَّةَ إِلاَّ بِاللَّهِ العَزِيْزِ الحَكِيْمِ.

اللَّهمَّ اغْفِرْ لِي، وَارْحَمْنِي، وَاهْدِنِي، وَارْزُقْنِي.

(258)

Tariq Al-AshjaAAee t said: ‘When someone would embrace Islam, the Prophet r would teach him how to perform prayer and then order him to supplicate with the following words:

‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.’
(258) Al-Lahumma Aghfiri Lī Wa Arĥamnī Wa Ahdinī Wa `Āfinī Wa Arzuqnī.
كان الرجل إذا أسلم علمه النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم الصلاة ثم أمره أن يدعو بهؤلاء الكلمات: (258) اللَّهمَّ اغْفِرِ لِي، وَارْحَمْنِي، وَاهْدِنِي، وَعَافِنِي وَارْزُقْنِي.

(259)

Jabir Ibn ‘AAabdullah t related that the Messenger of Allah r said: ‘Verily, the best supplication is:

‘All praise is for Allah.’

…and indeed, the best form of remembrance is:

‘None has the right to be worshipped except Allah.’
(259) Lā 'Ilāha 'Illā Allāhu .
" إن أفضل الذكر(259) لا إِلَهََ إِلاَّ اللَّهُ .

(260)

‘The everlasting righteous deeds:

‘How perfect Allah is, and all praise is for Allah. None has the right to be worshipped except Allah, and Allah is the greatest. There is no might nor power except with Allah.’
(260) Subĥāna Al-Lhi Wlĥamdu Lillāhi Lā 'Ilāha 'Illā Allāhu Wllhu 'Akbaru Wa Lā Ĥawla Wa Lā Qūwata 'Illā Billāhi .
(260) سُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ، والحَمْدُ للهِ ، لا إِلَهََ إِلاَّ اللَّهُ واللَّهُ أَكْبَرُ وَلَا حَوْلَ وَلَا قُوَّةَ إِلاَّ بِاللَّهِ .
<< Start
We will do well to memorize it in Arabic.
Back to top Go down
https://islam4u.ahlamontada.com

Page 1 of 1